What's new

$278m AWACS deal struck with China

And pray tell me which Western Avionics are u talking about on which PAF has gotten its hands on for the JF-17? The current batch has Chinese Avionics and with the French deal not goin thru, there is yet a conclusion to be reached.

its not about what we got from west,its about what our engineer learnt from west.
I've seen a video in which ACM says that Jf-17 is compatible with erieye and later somebody posted an article on Jf-17 thunder thread,it was written in that JF-17's data connectivity is LINK-16 standard.
any senior member can help u with that cuz i dont got any link regarding this.

no one seems to interested in a point which i have said that dawn news info is rubbish they are saying that pakistan buyed E 2 for navy but navy never had a plane of this kind in 1987 era rubbish news and info which they are giving

chinese awacs is a copy of russian A 5 mainstay which is similar to american E 3 sanetry and american E 3 sanetry is similar to israeli phalcon sir

Buddy the Chinese AWACS which shares the same IL-76 / A-50 Beriev Platform is the KJ-2000. PAF is getting the KJ-200 AWACS which is mounted on the smaller Y-8 platform and has a smaller radar. There is no comparison between Chinese and US / Israeli AWACS, as they have developed these platforms over a longer period and are tested.

no one seems to interested in a point which i have said that dawn news info is rubbish they are saying that pakistan buyed E 2 for navy but navy never had a plane of this kind in 1987 era rubbish news and info which they are giving

Even I was confused about this unless i searched a bit and found this.

"In late 2006, the US announced that it intended to sell three P-3C Orions equipped with the E-2C Hawkeye 2000 system to the Pakistan Navy. These aircraft will provide Pakistan with search surveillance, and control capability in support of maritime interdiction operations."

Don't know if this is true though.

Reference for E-2 Hawkeye - Search.com

Even I was confused about this unless i searched a bit and found this.

"In late 2006, the US announced that it intended to sell three P-3C Orions equipped with the E-2C Hawkeye 2000 system to the Pakistan Navy. These aircraft will provide Pakistan with search surveillance, and control capability in support of maritime interdiction operations."

Don't know if this is true though.

Reference for E-2 Hawkeye - Search.com

it is and the orions are in US getting fitted and all, they had the pictures here somewhere go look em up in the AWACs thread

here u go.
p-3-aew-customs1.jpg

p3-3.jpg

P-3-AEW&C-Cutaway-S.jpg

i think pakistan as usual showed initial INTEREST in the program and then stalled! just like we did for the U214s we showed interest in hawkeye and then pulled out!

Hi
Dawn news:cheesy: reported that Eireye can easily be jammed by Phalcon is it authentic? once dawn news reported that Pakistan is getting 5th generation J -10b and now this, one can easily comprehend the quality of their research from this. However Is Eireye really that incapable. sorry for asking Eireye questions as i couldn't find latest Eireye thread and the old one's haven't been touched for a year.

Its a very old news,dun worry nothing is much accurate as they dun have the inside of technology,wat they are saying is just based uopn the rumors floating on internet and different forums,do u thnk they have enough expertise to judge that which is most capable platform,Suppose if they have thn do u thnk that PAF had allowed them to get an insight of Erieye and thn the IAF allowed them to get insight of theirs?
Without having the insight of anyof these platforms how can u say that one can jam another and which one can jam?

So dun worry

Wont it be difficult to maintain two separate AWACS systems alongwith the compatible fighter jets........ it seems we r going in the other direction of netcentric capability...

Wont it be difficult to maintain two separate AWACS systems alongwith the compatible fighter jets........ it seems we r going in the other direction of netcentric capability...

You have to look at both side of the picture,you are talking about diversity but i will call it rational thinking by PAF

Do you want to hold only a single technology which is embargo prone,so u will just have sitting ducks with shortage of spare parts and maintainance ,u must have gone through the thread in which Sweden has banned the armed sales to Pakistan related article was posted,China has always been a reliable partner in case of any embargo or shortage of parts we will have our Chinese AWACS still in the air.which wouldnt have been the case had we not opted for chinese AWACS rather simply went for Erieye

Now tell me wat you will call it now?

You have to look at both side of the picture,you are talking about diversity but i will call it rational thinking by PAF

Do you want to hold only a single technology which is embargo prone,so u will just have sitting ducks with shortage of spare parts and maintainance ,u must have gone through the thread in which Sweden has banned the armed sales to Pakistan related article was posted,China has always been a reliable partner in case of any embargo or shortage of parts we will have our Chinese AWACS still in the air.which wouldnt have been the case had we not opted for chinese AWACS rather simply went for Erieye

Now tell me wat you will call it now?

Thnx Mani2020, exactly my point. In the assessment of Grippen being carried out , the point of western embargo prone parts weighed heavily in PAF deciding not to go for the jet. So, why to put money on such systems (read erieye) when v knew the embargo thng and it happnd (although sweden will fullfill its obligation). Why not to wait a bit more to get the chinese trusted system in our inventory, defies logic mate.

Thnx Mani2020, exactly my point. In the assessment of Grippen being carried out , the point of western embargo prone parts weighed heavily in PAF deciding not to go for the jet. So, why to put money on such systems (read erieye) when v knew the embargo thng and it happnd (although sweden will fullfill its obligation). Why not to wait a bit more to get the chinese trusted system in our inventory, defies logic mate.

EREIYE is state of the art system! there is NO HARM in getting it! infact what we learn from it can actually be beneficial in the long run!

Chinese system is good but it is the best non western technology much like the russian one!

why not get best of both sides???:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom