What's new

27 Feb 19: PAF shot down two Indian aircrafts inside Pakistani airspace: DG ISPR

They have extensive experience with mirages incld 2000. They virtually own Dassault Av.
Did Israel ever used M2k's ?

DRAMAY.

INDIA :-

7 mins ·

World Defence Forum
7 hrs ·
INDIA :-

India’s First F-16 Slayer: IAF Officially Credits Wing Commander Abhinandan For Downing Pakistani Jet...

The Indian Air Force on Wednesday (6 March) officially attributed the F-16 kill to Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman, journalist Shiv Aroor reported. As per Aroor, the Wing Commander was the only IAF pilot in a group of eight who fired a R-73 missile against the aggressing Pakistani jets.

Incidentally, this news is a confirmation of earlier reports which stated that Wing Commander Abhinandan before ejecting from his MiG 21″ Bison” fighter jet over his radio transmission said “R-73” selected. He was believed to have let loose the Vympel R-73 air-to-air missile at the Pakistani F-16 fighter jet, which has now been confirmed.

Vathaman was reportedly among the six MiG-21s pilots who scrambled from Srinagar, along with Sukhoi 30MKIs, Mirage 2000s and MiG-29s being deployed to respond to the Pakistani fighters. “We knew that they (Pakistan) would react after our Balakot strikes, but did not expect them to retaliate so soon,” an officer was quoted as saying. The entire high altitude dogfight reportedly went on for for 15 minutes.

“The R-73 is better in such a melee. This is probably the first time MiG-21 has shot down an American F-16 anywhere in the world,” another officer said. IAF fighters managed to thwart the attempt by Pakistani fighters to target Indian installations via laser-guided bombs.

They have extensive experience with mirages incld 2000. They virtually own Dassault Av.

DRAMAY.

so technically if Israeli Pilots have one fighter in IAF they would fly it would be Mirage 2000 .. but i still think that both pilots are Indian and some people just far fetched the idea of Israeli intelligence sharing .

i think there is no Israeli pilot .... but just for the sake of info .... Su30 is a dual seater plane ... one for pilot and the other is for weapon officer ... so it is possible that he was occupying second seat ... but i still believe there is no Israeli pilot in our custody.

intel about Israel was solid, i have never before seen that country so openly mentioned by all sectors of our media Industry. They are not cooking things up, they are directly referring the info to the GOP. Indian soil used by a third country openly seems unprobable. Now let loose ur imagination a little, where in the nieghbourhood can a third country launch an attack from.............Afghanistan.

Anywhere there are mirages, there are 'susraelis'. There is strong possibility of hostilities in future or near-future. The keyword is 'remain vigilant for anything'.

so technically if Israeli Pilots have one fighter in IAF they would fly it would be Mirage 2000 .. but i still think that both pilots are Indian and some people just far fetched the idea of Israeli intelligence sharing .

intel about Israel was solid, i have never before seen that country so openly mentioned by all sectors of our media Industry. They are not cooking things up, they are directly referring the info to the GOP. Indian soil used by a third country openly seems unprobable. Now let loose ur imagination a little, where in the nieghbourhood can a third country launch an attack from.............Afghanistan.

Whether some Pakistanis acknowlege it or not.

Israel is not an open enemy.

But don't think for a second that Israel doesn't think about you.

Israelis think 3 steps ahead.

Whether some Pakistanis acknowlege it or not.

Israel is not an open enemy.

But don't think for a second that Israel doesn't think about you.
key words...not an "open" enemy. mean, it IS an enemy none the less...just not an open one.

As @messiach stated.

It's prudent to remain vigilant for ANYTHING.

Never underestimate the audacity of the Israelis.

Overestimating your Enemy is as Bad as underestimating him...
The Rex among them crashed (most of the time) because of literally rookie moves/behavior...

I find it strange that the name of second pilot who downed an Indian aircraft was witheld initially. DG ISPR would not lose his credibility by giving information that is verifiably incorrect. The second aircraft fell into Indian territory, and just as international media has comprehensively debunked the surgical strike, it would debunk the claim which is now repeated by DG ISPR, PM, and Foreign Minister. Pakistan as a nation is now invested in this claim and we will lose credibility if it turns out to be false.

We do have the statement of the PM in his address where he said 'The Migs came, we shot down two'. This statement has not been retracted. Taken at face value, the second MIG could have been either Mig-21 or Mig-29. The 29 also fits with twin engine theory and three pilots.

Then again, the PM is not exactly known for his defence knowledge. He may have misinterpreted Migs and nobody corrected the statement. I just want to know, what the reticence with second pilot is really about:

1. Not being able to identify the pilot who took the kill.
2. Not being able to identify the plane shot down.
3. International pressure to hide identity of second plane.
4. International pressure to hide identity of pilot shot down.

I find it strange that the name of second pilot who downed an Indian aircraft was witheld initially. DG ISPR would not lose his credibility by giving information that is verifiably incorrect. The second aircraft fell into Indian territory, and just as international media has comprehensively debunked the surgical strike, it would debunk the claim which is now repeated by DG ISPR, PM, and Foreign Minister. Pakistan as a nation is now invested in this claim and we will lose credibility if it turns out to be false.

We do have the statement of the PM in his address where he said 'The Migs came, we shot down two'. This statement has not been retracted. Taken at face value, the second MIG could have been either Mig-21 or Mig-29. The 29 also fits with twin engine theory and three pilots.

Then again, the PM is not exactly known for his defence knowledge. He may have misinterpreted Migs and nobody corrected the statement. I just want to know, what the reticence with second pilot is really about:

1. Not being able to identify the pilot who took the kill.
2. Not being able to identify the plane shot down.
3. International pressure to hide identity of second plane.
4. International pressure to hide identity of pilot shot down.

I don't think IK's statement in reference to the two "Migs" refer to any specific types.

He may have just as well said the two bandits came and 2 were shot down.

None of us really know anything of course.

But I agree the secrecy is intriguing.

Back
Top Bottom