What's new

23 New Dams across Teesta in India will Ruin Bangladesh

now Bdesh will be bone dry.....:hitwall::hitwall:
there will be no water, ppl wouldnt even find drinking water, let alone bathing water or the water equivalent of toilet paper.
there will be widespread smell of armpits and pelvic regions emanating from whole of Bdesh.
huge bottling plants wud spring up which wud recycle excreted body fluids into potable water. **** would be sold in tk 10 pet bottles to recycling plants n the recycled water wud cost tk 100.
ppl would be paid water as salaries.......

meanwhile in neighboring india (whose scheming baniya leaders robbed bangladeshis of their water)......

24 hrs running water taps (with no mechanism to stop the water flow) shall be installed in every gali, every street, every highway, in 100 m intervals. courtesy bangladesh.
ppl will sell their cars n other modes of communication to avail the newest, most readily available n cheapest mode of travel...waterways.....roads shall be dug upto 10m which shall be filled with water (from bangladesh , where else) and ppl have to just jump into the waterway to go anywhere they want in shortest possible time.
bangladeshis, though, unwilling to leave the land of honey n milk, shall have no other option but to pole vault to india. in the process BDR would make lots of water n BSF would have lots of target practice.
BAL govt wud still remain in power (fevicol ka mazboot jod hai, tootega nahi) and its supporters would own all the natural water bodies.

i urge the chanakyan pandits to have mercy on bangladesh and stop this horrible future from coming true.
jai hind.
joy bangla.

You should be awarded a Nobel or an equivalent Prize for the invention of the latest variety of PET bottled water. The way the Chief Ministers of Indian Provinces are infighting for the right of access to river water, the new bottling proposal will suit more the bickering Indian States than BD not quite far from now.

Don't hold your breath, there is nothing to refute, facts can not be refuted.

Facts are not facts unless backed by reliable sources.

Roybot said:
You have to leave some water for the river, which is around 20%(which Bangladesh gets anyways being the lower riparian country). Rest 80% Bangladesh wants a 40/40 split.

Source please.

Roybot said:
So Bangladesh which has only 15% of Teesta's natural command area wants 60% of the water, and India which has 85% of Teesta's command area

Who says so? :coffee:

Facts are not facts unless backed by reliable sources.

Source please.

Who says so? :coffee:

If you have access to paid journals you can read the full article,

Water Policy 9:3 (2007) 231-251 - Robert G. Wirsing and Christopher Jasparro - River rivalry: water disputes, resource insecurity and diplomatic deadlock in South Asia

River rivalry: water disputes, resource insecurity and diplomatic deadlock in South Asia

Robert G. Wirsinga[SUP]a[/SUP] and Christopher Jasparrob[SUP]b[/SUP]

[SUP]a[/SUP]Corresponding author. Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies, Honolulu, Hawaii Fax: 808 971-8949E-mail: wirsingr@apcss.org; jasparroc@apcss.org
[SUP]b[/SUP]National Security Studies, USMC Command and Staff College, Quantico, VA, USA

What is minimally needed, he insists, is an interim sharing agreement[SUP]9[/SUP]
Coming to any such agreement is, however, far from simple. In 1983, at the 25th meeting of the JRC, India and Bangladesh did reach an ad hoc agreement on the Teesta. The agreement gave India 39% of the water, Bangladesh 36%, leaving the remaining 25% unallocated or “for the river”. Valid up to 31 December 1985, it was further extended to 31 December 1987. It was entirely a paper agreement, however, never implemented. Moreover, of precisely what—or how, when, or where—these percentages were to be taken was never specified.

Bangladesh, according to officials in Dhaka, currently claims 20% of the dry season flow for the river, the balance (80%) to be split evenly (40/40%) by India and Bangladesh. This has been resisted by the Indian side, which maintains that 85% of the Teesta’s command area, the agricultural land served by the river, is in India and only 15% in Bangladesh (Kumar,2005).

The water, say the Indians, should be shared on this basis. The Indian formula, promoted in
meetings of the JEC, has been to leave 10% of the dry season flow to the river, with the remaining 90% split 17% to Bangladesh, 83% to India. This converts to a dry season formula of 10% for the river, 75% for India, 15% for Bangladesh
—a formula that Bangladesh water experts, taking into account not only the precedent-setting implications of any such formula, but also the country’s future needs for sustaining fisheries, navigation, biodiversity, domestic fresh water supply and future industrial uses, consider unacceptable.

Not to be found wanting in resourcefulness, Bangladesh water officials have responded to the Indian formula with an imaginative one of their own. It proposes that a new concept—that of the Teesta Dependent Area (TDA)—be factored into the water-sharing formula. According to this reconceptualization of water entitlements based on space satellite imaging of earth contours and other physical aspects of the Teesta catchment area, Bangladesh emerges with a TDA of 1,800,000 hectares and India with only 1,100,000 hectares. Needless to say, this novel approach has not won any followerson the Indian side of the border. At the JRC’s 36th meeting in September 2005, the Teesta

Thanks for the low quality post.

Drying up a few big rivers does start the process of desertification in the surrounding areas. Save me your "armpit, pubic, etc" nonsense - we're talking about water for agriculture bud.

Meanwhile in neighboring India... scheming banyia ..huh?:what: Nowhere in my post did I blame India. As I said, it's those damn communists diverting all the water and everything, the crux of all evil in the world, no?

I didn't bother to read the rest. =)

thank u for the highest quality post. :toast_sign:
hey i m not blaming u for any derogatory remarks against india. its just that pdf bangladeshis/ pakistanis enjoy calling indian baniya n what not.

look dude, its not that the whole universe is plotting against bangladesh. india is looking for its own interests. u sould do the same.

You should be awarded a Nobel or an equivalent Prize for the invention of the latest variety of PET bottled water. The way the Chief Ministers of Indian Provinces are infighting for the right of access to river water, the new bottling proposal will suit more the bickering Indian States than BD not quite far from now.

thanks for the nomination, sir.
thank you for highlighting the indian perspective here. :toast_sign:.u r absolutely right when u pointed out that the bottling plants were required more in the case of indian states. now common sense dictates that a water thirsty country will do anything in its power to quench its thirst......n lo n behold.....dams dams n more dams.

thank u for the highest quality post. :toast_sign:
hey i m not blaming u for any derogatory remarks against india. its just that pdf bangladeshis/ pakistanis enjoy calling indian baniya n what not.

look dude, its not that the whole universe is plotting against bangladesh. india is looking for its own interests. u sould do the same.

Thax for the advise, yes majority of BD ppl will look for their own interests in upcoming election. And AL and India is aware of the situation hence all the intended selling of BD is going in rapid speed towards the down fall of AL thanks to India.

A person does not have to be a Malaun (you guys like this word) or a munafiq AL to take note of the abusive words you always use. Try to learn Muslim mannerism and be a good Muslim. A Muslim is found out in a gathering of many by his good manner and mild way of talking.

It will be a good service to your children if you kindly do not teach your brand of abusive Muslim manner to your own children.

Perhaps you need to apply that good advise to yourself before calling me name. Nevertheless, I done care what you think about me because I am not in mood to show mannerism against low life Awami bastards. They are selling my root to Delhi. I want to see them die like street dogs.

India building dam after dam around us, killing Bd citizen like ducks, on the process of building a seaport in Naranganj without Bd's permission, getting free corridor to supply food, mingling in our internal political matter, treat us like unworthy servant whenever they feel like yet not a word comes out from Awami league government against India. It's still suck up to India, praise them for 71 as if Bd was found to serve Hasina and India.

Is the GOI taking permission from Bangladesh to build dams in its own land? Now, go and see what India is doing to its common rivers with a much stronger Pakistan.

Bd may be small in size but it has 150 mill people and can manage strong allies on it's side to counter Indian bully but not while Awami sellout thugs in power.

i do not like @Al-zakir but i agree with him at this point that awami needs to get punished for selling out the nationality.

We don't have to like each other but we should not compromise when comes to preserve our motherland. Take a look at our enemy Indian. They have problem with caste, jaat paat but they keep it internal. They are united like ONE to make us submissive to them while ignoring their differences. Our problem lay within because sadly we are not united.

Last edited by a moderator:
BD gets its fair share of water but the incessant whining never stops. Any kind of water deal has to be approved by west bengal govt before being ratified.

bangladesh will be next sahara of asia

I would put my bets on Pakistan.

Bangladesh has the highest per capita fresh water availability in South Asia, almost 4 times that of Pakistan. I mean that whole country is practically a swamp, how can it ever go dry.

If you have access to paid journals you can read the full article,

Water Policy 9:3 (2007) 231-251 - Robert G. Wirsing and Christopher Jasparro - River rivalry: water disputes, resource insecurity and diplomatic deadlock in South Asia

River rivalry: water disputes, resource insecurity and diplomatic deadlock in South Asia

Robert G. Wirsinga[SUP]a[/SUP] and Christopher Jasparrob[SUP]b[/SUP]

[SUP]a[/SUP]Corresponding author. Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies, Honolulu, Hawaii Fax: 808 971-8949E-mail: wirsingr@apcss.org; jasparroc@apcss.org
[SUP]b[/SUP]National Security Studies, USMC Command and Staff College, Quantico, VA, USA

Some Journal Article said:
This has been resisted by the Indian side, which maintains that 85% of the Teesta’s command area, the agricultural land served by the river, is in India and only 15% in Bangladesh (Kumar,2005).

I'd like to see Bangladeshi experts do their own study to verify the % of command area on each side. Besides, we don't know why the share of water has to be split only in terms of natural command area. It should also depend on how water intensive the agricultural activities are and the number of people (farmers) living within each command area - do keep in mind how dense, population wise, Bangladesh is. Anyways thanks for the article.

As for the 40/40 split, that's totally fair and reasonable. If 20% must be left in the river to maintain the water flow, then neither country can withdraw the water for agricultural projects.

I'd like to see Bangladeshi experts do their own study to verify the % of command area on each side. Besides, we don't know why the share of water has to be split only in terms of natural command area. It should also depend on how water intensive the agricultural activities are and the number of people (farmers) living within each command area - do keep in mind how dense, population wise, Bangladesh is. Anyways thanks for the article.

As for the 40/40 split, that's totally fair and reasonable. If 20% must be left in the river to maintain the water flow, then neither country can withdraw the water for agricultural projects.

So half the water sounds fair to you when some 20% of tista runs in Bangladesh. Sorry these kind of tomfoolery won't work with us even if you somehow get your way with idiots seating in Delhi.

So half the water sounds fair to you when some 20% of tista runs in Bangladesh. Sorry these kind of tomfoolery won't work with us even if you somehow get your way with idiots seating in Delhi.

You don't get it. Let's make it easier on you. India let's this 20% (at the minimum) pass into Bangladesh to maintain the flow of the river. Bangladesh, likewise, lets this 20% run into the sea, again to maintain the flow of the river during dry season. In this scenario, what do you think is a fifty-fifty split? 40/40, no? =)

Back
Top Bottom