What's new

23 New Dams across Teesta in India will Ruin Bangladesh

Only sensible thing didi did after coming to power is throwing a wrench to teesta deal.

Don't try to show the mula of centre VS state. Didi is Indian and is on the page as sonia on this. Awami loons and their cheerleaders may utter the same $hit but Bangladeshis don't fall for that. Its just that U guys can do good drama and put up a good show. Most of U folks learn dancing and drama from an early age and become dipjols fan when U grow up. :coffee:

:usflag:I don't mind giving burkina faso our water, dams...........anyone even saudi, nigeria.....anyone but India

@eastwatch : Control your words please :coffee:

OK. But, also ask Al-Zakir to control his derogatory words against our national leaders even if they belong to the AL. I ask similar warning to him, too. Why you guys tend to play domestic politics in an international forum? At least, being a moderator you should not indulge yourself in that kind of politics. I think, it is a solemn duty of a moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arey? Someones touchy. Pakistan is a semi arid country ya weirdo, it already has very less fresh water, whether India makes dams or not. Thank your stars that India gave you such a generous Indus water treaty(Most generous water sharing agreement in the world).

If Pakistan is becoming dry, it is because India regularly withholds water at the sources that starts at some points in Kashmir. Only the occupation of Kashmir by India is making it a hegemony power.

They are not run of river projects, they have diversions, big ones.

dams-map.jpg

Wow...Thats good work by GOI. Finally I see something they have done right in last 10 years.

Any idea how much Power will be generated by these 23 Dams.

Wow...Thats good work by GOI. Finally I see something they have done right in last 10 years.

Any idea how much Power will be generated by these 23 Dams.

Most of the dams are quite small though. Power generation should be around 5000-6000 MW

Teesta_River_flowing_through_tunnels_Apr2008.jpg

Just like the others have been made to ruin us though people won't want to see it.

Most of the dams are quite small though. Power generation should be around 5000-6000 MW

Teesta_River_flowing_through_tunnels_Apr2008.jpg

The above diagram only shows 5 active projects under construction, all the rest are listed as proposals.

What is the exact number of dams actively under construction on the Teesta? How many have been completed, how many are reaching completion? Are we actually constructing all the 23 dams or is that the total no. inclusive of under-construction projects as well as proposed projects?
@arp2041 Does this mean that I can build a ginormous swimming pool at my Kolkata house? :smitten:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't try to show the mula of centre VS state. Didi is Indian and is on the page as sonia on this. Awami loons and their cheerleaders may utter the same $hit but Bangladeshis don't fall for that. Its just that U guys can do good drama and put up a good show. Most of U folks learn dancing and drama from an early age and become dipjols fan when U grow up. :coffee:

We are quite capable of such diplomatic maneuvers but you simply don't worth the effort.

Dipjol is Bangladeshi idol, let him be such.

Just like the others have been made to ruin us though people won't want to see it.
aamna jee, do read roybot's post, which describes the technical details. One can always go for international mediation like pakistan did. We all should want equitable division of water resources, your need cannot be more than mine.

aamna jee, do read roybot's post, which describes the technical details. One can always go for international mediation like pakistan did. We all should want equitable division of water resources, your need cannot be more than mine.

And what about the fact that Indian government withholds water sources from Kashmir? It would still not be admitted and the question is would something ever be done about it?

Back
Top Bottom