What's new

23 New Dams across Teesta in India will Ruin Bangladesh

The above diagram only shows 5 active projects under construction, all the rest are listed as proposals.

What is the exact number of dams actively under construction on the Teesta? How many have been completed, how many are reaching completion? Are we actually constructing all the 23 dams or is that the total no. inclusive of under-construction projects as well as proposed projects?
@arp2041 Does this mean that I can build a ginormous swimming pool at my Kolkata house? :smitten:

That map is quite old, I posted it to show the expected power generation capacity. As of now, 23 dams are close to completion if not complete already. All should be up and running within a year.

2by539.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And what about the fact that Indian government withholds water sources from Kashmir? It would still not be admitted and the question is would something ever be done about it?
The 'fact' is India did not and hence its a false allegation. Only way your 'fact' can be a fact is by sending independent observer. BTW your own experts denied many of those 'facts', videos have been posted here.

And what about the fact that Indian government withholds water sources from Kashmir? It would still not be admitted and the question is would something ever be done about it?

Please take it up with With World Bank, UNGA, UNSC, IMF or any bilatral, multilatral or cultural forum...ops not cultural but rest you can try :D

Most of the dams are quite small though. Power generation should be around 5000-6000 MW

Teesta_River_flowing_through_tunnels_Apr2008.jpg

Thanks!

This is still great. Should take care of Sikkim and a good part of Assam and WB's needs.

aamna jee, do read roybot's post, which describes the technical details. One can always go for international mediation like pakistan did. We all should want equitable division of water resources, your need cannot be more than mine.

DIFFERENT CASES.

Pakistan can go to International platform due to the IWT......

We have no such treaty with BD (THANK GOD)......

As the BDeshis themselves say that BD is a 29th state/Colony of India run by RAWAMY Dalals.....SO, we don't have to take there Permission for it. PERIOD.

Instead, we should make 50-60 more of them......

OK. But, also ask Al-Zakir to control his derogatory words against our national leaders even if they belong to the AL. I ask similar warning to him, too. Why you guys tend to play domestic politics in an international forum? At least, being a moderator you should not indulge yourself in that kind of politics. I think, it is a solemn duty of a moderator.

I don't know about you but it's shame me to introduce myself as Bangladeshi origin Muslim. I rather call me a semolina than Bd now a days. Stop lobbing, defending and making excuse for Awami ****** dalals. If Manmohan Singh ask Hasina or any Awami leaders to stand on one foot with tongue out, they will gladly do it without question yet you are seeking respect for those bloody dogs. I have no respect left for you for lobbing for Awami Bastards.

Thank you.

I don't know about you but it's shame me to introduce myself as Bangladeshi origin Muslim. I rather call me a semolina than Bd now a days. Stop lobbing, defending and making excuse for Awami ****** dalals. If Manmohan Singh ask Hasina or any Awami leaders to stand on one foot with tongue out, they will gladly do it without question yet you are seeking respect for those bloody dogs. I have no respect left for you for lobbing for Awami Bastards.

Thank you.

Semolina? Me likey :smitten:
image.jpg

No king/queen rules forever. Hasina kinda reminds of the White Witch from Chronicles of Narnia :yay:

Semolina? Me likey :smitten:
image.jpg

No king/queen rules forever. Hasina kinda reminds of the White Witch from Chronicles of Narnia :yay:

yummy... I want now :pissed:
be careful while talking about our didi.. a small advice... dont take it as threat... :coffee:

QUOTE=hinduguy;4338240]yummy... I want now :pissed:
be careful while talking about our didi.. a small advice... dont take it as threat... :coffee:[/QUOTE]

Yeah,right,as if.......:coffee:

@Aamna14

for your information we are not withholding any water. It is your politicians who try to mislead you with false facts. India and Pakistan jointly measure the water flows every week and have records to verify going back at least four decades. I saw a video while back in which one of your record keepers stating that India has been more than exemplary in following the accord. All the dams are run of the river dams which means that the water is not diverted but put back in the river after they pass thru the turbines.

This is still great. Should take care of Sikkim and a good part of Assam and WB's needs.

1) If the dams are meant only to produce electricity, they may not affect our winter agriculture. But, India seems to withhold quite a quantity of water to irrigate its own farm lands in Sikkim and west Bengal. It will cause the quantity of water to diminish before it reaches the BD border.

2) When a water body is spread over many lacs of hectares of land the quantity of evaporation will be much higher than if the same water is allowed to run through the natural streams.

3) There will also be more seepage down to the subsoil because the water will be spread over a vast land. So, it will diminish the q'ty of water in the river. Rate of seepage depends upon the type of soil. There will be more seepage in the sandy soil than it will be in the clayee soil.

It seems MM Singh intentionally acted helpless as Mamata B objected to Teesra water sharing, when he was visiting Dhaka. He knew all along that Mamata would not accompany him to Dhaka and instead would raise objection to the water sharing pact from Kolkata.

So, all were political stunts by the Baniya Indian politicians, it seems now. These Baniyas would not even spit on the ground if it does not benefit their narrow self-interest. What a stupid BD can expect from this self-centered neighboring Bigot country?

I think, we should remember the Indian stunts and act similarly when the situation favors to teach that country a good lesson. Ek Maghe Sheet Jae Na is a good proverb in Bengali.

1) If the dams are meant only to produce electricity, they may not affect our winter agriculture. But, India seems to withhold quite a quantity of water to irrigate its own farm lands in Sikkim and west Bengal. It will cause the quantity of water to diminish before it reaches the BD border.

2) When a water body is spread over many lacs of hectares of land the rate of evaporation will be much higher than if the same water is allowed to run through the natural streams.

3) There will also be more seepage down through the soil because the water will be spread over a vast land. It will also diminish the q'ty of water in the river. Rate of seepage depends upon the type of soil. There will be more seepage in the sandy soil than it will be in the clayee soil.

It seems MM Singh acted helpless at the objection of Mamata B. when he visited Dhaka. He knew all along that Mamata would not accompany him to Dhaka and instead would raise objection to the water sharing pact from Kolkata.

So, all were political stunts by the Baniya Indian politicians, it seems now. These Baniyas would not even spit on the ground if it does not benefit their narrow self-interest. What a stupid BD can expect from this self-centered neighboring Bigot?

I think, we should remember the Indian stunts and act similarly when the situation favors to teach that country a good lesson. Ek Maghe **** Jae Na is a good proverb in Bengali.
the primary question is, did you use the river for your own irrigation or not? If you did, why cant India?
About Mamta stopping the deal, thats how it works in India(ask lankans), and her concerns should be taken on board before any step. New delhi cant and should not force kolkata.

Thank you.

You never claimed you belong to Bangladesh. By your own words it seems you hate this country. You do not respect BD and you always criticize our native language and our culture. You always try to belittle Bangladesh.

You are supposed to criticize India but not the average Hindus. Pakistan killed our innocent people though we both are Muslim. So, religion is not a factor, but a country's interest is the main factor.

I am not a politician. I only speak my mind what I find right for the country. But, I do not have love for a political party that wants to take us 1500 yrs back. I cannot have any objection if you do not like a certain party.

But, why to use abusive words? It does not make you look better than the AL hooligans.

But, sorry for my early outbursts. I apologize for that.

@Aamna14

for your information we are not withholding any water. It is your politicians who try to mislead you with false facts. India and Pakistan jointly measure the water flows every week and have records to verify going back at least four decades. I saw a video while back in which one of your record keepers stating that India has been more than exemplary in following the accord. All the dams are run of the river dams which means that the water is not diverted but put back in the river after they pass thru the turbines.

post that video buddy,it'll be a great help. :tup:

@eastwatch, you seem to avoid the question. Did bangladesh try to use river water for irrigation using canals or not?

Back
Top Bottom