What's new

23 New Dams across Teesta in India will Ruin Bangladesh

So half the water sounds fair to you when some 20% of tista runs in Bangladesh. Sorry these kind of tomfoolery won't work with us even if you somehow get your way with idiots seating in Delhi.

So 20% Teesta means?it comes inside BD from India then again backtrack to India?as per moronic logic - if BD build a dam inside BD and keep it closed in monsoons India will not be effected by the execs water flow?:cuckoo:

I'd like to see Bangladeshi experts do their own study to verify the % of command area on each side. Besides, we don't know why the share of water has to be split only in terms of natural command area. It should also depend on how water intensive the agricultural activities are and the number of people (farmers) living within each command area - do keep in mind how dense, population wise, Bangladesh is. Anyways thanks for the article.

Yes Bangladesh should send its team to do survey inside Indian territory, or it can use its satellites to check the fact :disagree:

And you don't see why it should only be split on natural command area? Well how about we start constructing our own irrigation canals(which is exactly what we are doing anyways) and increase our command area further. Trust me we can make a lot more irrigation canals than Bangladesh.

Its simple, India said lets split water based on natural command area, Bangladesh made Teesta Barrage, increased its command area and said lets split it based on natural+artificial. India said, hold on son, let us make some 23 dams and associated irrigation channels and then we can follow the natural+artificial formula. :lol:

As for the 40/40 split, that's totally fair and reasonable. If 20% must be left in the river to maintain the water flow, then neither country can withdraw the water for agricultural projects.

You do realise that Bangladesh being the lower riparian country will get that 20% water left for the river anyways right?

no problem haseena can go to delhi and ask not to make dams

I would put my bets on Pakistan.

Bangladesh has the highest per capita fresh water availability in South Asia, almost 4 times that of Pakistan. I mean that whole country is practically a swamp, how can it ever go dry.

Before Pakistan becomes a Sahara, India will be a Chernobyl.

Before Pakistan becomes a Sahara, India will be a Chernobyl.

Arey? Someones touchy. Pakistan is a semi arid country ya weirdo, it already has very less fresh water, whether India makes dams or not. Thank your stars that India gave you such a generous Indus water treaty(Most generous water sharing agreement in the world).

we support you brother lol

benglis are going to be better then your one day inshallah, they are mor ehard working then you. i hope our government supports them anyway possible.

you are saying it ...we are doing it.....:omghaha:

bangladesh and pakistan will be on top of india lol.

either position ..we will screw you:omghaha:

i heard that BD wants 50-50 share of total water flows in the agreement, what is wrong with that ? Just cause you are the upper riparian country doesn't give you more right for the river.

ok we will give you 100% water ...is rainy season ..enough to drown entire BD

I will defend Indian interest here. Everything they are doing now is within their chanakyan right. We are a defacto province of India any way.
India.gif

First and last time I agree with you :D

It is just a chain reaction....China is stopping our water or may be your water...India is just taking its own share go and fight with China if you can....

You don't get it. Let's make it easier on you. India let's this 20% (at the minimum) pass into Bangladesh to maintain the flow of the river. Bangladesh, likewise, lets this 20% run into the sea, again to maintain the flow of the river during dry season. In this scenario, what do you think is a fifty-fifty split? 40/40, no? =)

You need to have your basic facts right before aspiring to make it easier for me, but off course facts and Bangladeshi are not exactly known for courting each other.

Teesta is 315 km long of which some 130 km is in Bangladesh. So almost 60% of river flows through India while 40% flows through bangladesh. So even if we decided to make a treaty out of our benevolence, India should get 60 % water and Bangladesh should get 40%. And you are asking the opposite and hoping us to oblige you.

Teesta never makes it to sea, it flows into padma so the 20% river flow will be used by you anyway.

Look you won't get a drop of extra water by trying to fool us, might as well be realistic and request us in a polite manner.

Only sensible thing didi did after coming to power is throwing a wrench to teesta deal.

Only sensible thing didi did after coming to power is throwing a wrench to teesta deal.

Bet you 10 odds to 1 she'll change her stand if the center agrees to give her a loan relaxation for WB's debt...she is not one to be trusted to be consistent in a matter this important. Lets hope her vicious mind keeps this one close to her interests.

Bet you 10 odds to 1 she'll change her stand if the center agrees to give her a loan relaxation for WB's debt...she is not one to be trusted to be consistent in a matter this important. Lets hope her vicious mind keeps this one close to her interests.

She knows she will lose her vote bank in North Bengal is teesta deal in its present form goes through. She's a politician after all, knows her vote bank.

Back
Top Bottom