What's new

23 New Dams across Teesta in India will Ruin Bangladesh

Humanity should trump national interests. There should be negotiated settlement - both sides may not get 100% of what they want but the attitude of "my way or the highway" is wrong and as the upper riparian we can't do whatever we want. The case of Pakistan is different - we have the Indus Water Agreement in place there.

I am waiting for somebody to refute @Roybot's argument. One cannot build dams overnight, it was going on for years.
Did you guys tried to cheat natural justice while dividing water or not?

No political, religious or emotional statements please, they will mean you know nothing about specific subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
Development should not come at the cost of sufferings of people.Its not just Bangladeshis,but activists of Sikkim and West Bengal are protesting against any constructions on Teesta. Professor Jeta Sankrityayan, former member State Planning Board, West Bengal and also a member of the landslide expert committee 1998, has stated that the presence of multiple dams on the river Teesta and its tributaries could either induce or accelerate earthquakes. He suggested a full scale study and survey by geologists and earth scientists on this but unfortunately the government itself does not listen to its recommended bodies.

Development should not come at the cost of sufferings of people.Its not just Bangladeshis,but activists of Sikkim and West Bengal are protesting against any constructions on Teesta. Professor Jeta Sankrityayan, former member State Planning Board, West Bengal and also a member of the landslide expert committee 1998, has stated that the presence of multiple dams on the river Teesta and its tributaries could either induce or accelerate earthquakes. He suggested a full scale study and survey by geologists and earth scientists on this but unfortunately the government itself does not listen to its recommended bodies.

Dams can be allowed for hydro power projects. If you have highland with a river flowing then
make as many as dams you can. As that doesnt herm the river flow much.
But any kinds of water diversion and water reserve is equivalent to war against a country.
If India considers us its friend then why this.

Dams can be allowed for hydro power projects. If you have highland with a river flowing then
make as many as dams you can. As that doesnt herm the river flow much.
But any kinds of water diversion and water reserve is equivalent to war against a country.
If India considers us its friend then why this.
According to International Boundary water Treaty,just sitting on the higher plain does not give permission to any country to construct any permanent or temporary structure that affects the water flow or raises the water level on the other side of the border. India has raised its concerns again and again over the dams built on Brahmaputra but follows a different route in case of Teesta. To be honest the Teesta barrage at present itself has dried up a large portion on Indian side and the politicians simply do not have much time for sitting together and having a detailed analysis on this issue.

Instead of doing so much Bak - Bak on the net it would be prudent to examine if any Intn'l laws are being violated.

If so India should back off.

If not, BD should ' adjust".

I do not think India is stupid enough to violate laws on the subject.

Sorry did I get this right? Or what?for the record India is not stupid .its an insult to stupid ppl.check the Indian map for rivers that provide water directly to BD.which state are they right now.starting from Farakka.and yes India did violet the international code and repeatedly ignores BDs rightful share of water.(ref:times of India).

I would like to knock out Awami ugly minster Dipumoni. Who is this me on this? Yes, I know she is women but still like to punch on her ugly face. I would like to beat down Awami minsters, put them on ground and then finish it with drop kick. Perhaps get a street dog and let the dog go on their ugly dalali face. Will Allah fulfill my wish either by me or some of my brethren on the ground? Yah Allah please grant my wish.

i do not like @Al-zakir but i agree with him at this point that awami needs to get punished for selling out the nationality.

Is the GOI taking permission from Bangladesh to build dams in its own land? Now, go and see what India is doing to its common rivers with a much stronger Pakistan.

It is withdrawing water unilaterally and Pakistan is unable to do any thing about it. It is in a more miserable situation than BD is.

BD is bestowed with rainfall and river water. But, Pakistan has quite a less source of water than us. India cannot harm us the way it is harming Pakistan.

Supporting or opposing is one thing, but bickering and cursing the govt people like non-Musalmans is something that must be protested. It brings nothing and gains nothing.

Why the GoB is responsible for the dams that a much stronger foe is building in its own land. Bi-lateral issues must be settled either with talking amicably or by fighting wars.

But, we cannot match Indian military might. On the other hand, our people also do not like our govt to talk amicably with India. It is regarded as a sellout and weakness by our ignorant.

So, what is the best course of action the GoB should take, and what should be the proper response to the issues that India is throwing one by one to our side?

Answer requires rational approach by the govt. Bickering and cursing with words like 'Maira Falamu, Kaitta Falamu, Golae Pao Diya Seiccha Falamu' towards our own govt (AL or BNP) people is certainly not an alternative way to solve any issue with India, I guess.

I am waiting for somebody to refute @Roybot's argument. One cannot build dams overnight, it was going on for years.
Did you guys tried to cheat natural justice while dividing water or not?

No political, religious or emotional statements please, they will mean you know nothing about specific subject.

Don't hold your breath, there is nothing to refute, facts can not be refuted.

Say bye bye to "Shobuj Bangla" guys. After Padma, it's time for Teesta to dry up! Those damn Chinese must be behind it! :angry:
now Bdesh will be bone dry.....:hitwall::hitwall:
there will be no water, ppl wouldnt even find drinking water, let alone bathing water or the water equivalent of toilet paper.
there will be widespread smell of armpits and pelvic regions emanating from whole of Bdesh.
huge bottling plants wud spring up which wud recycle excreted body fluids into potable water. **** would be sold in tk 10 pet bottles to recycling plants n the recycled water wud cost tk 100.
ppl would be paid water as salaries.......

meanwhile in neighboring india (whose scheming baniya leaders robbed bangladeshis of their water)......

24 hrs running water taps (with no mechanism to stop the water flow) shall be installed in every gali, every street, every highway, in 100 m intervals. courtesy bangladesh.
ppl will sell their cars n other modes of communication to avail the newest, most readily available n cheapest mode of travel...waterways.....roads shall be dug upto 10m which shall be filled with water (from bangladesh , where else) and ppl have to just jump into the waterway to go anywhere they want in shortest possible time.
bangladeshis, though, unwilling to leave the land of honey n milk, shall have no other option but to pole vault to india. in the process BDR would make lots of water n BSF would have lots of target practice.
BAL govt wud still remain in power (fevicol ka mazboot jod hai, tootega nahi) and its supporters would own all the natural water bodies.

i urge the chanakyan pandits to have mercy on bangladesh and stop this horrible future from coming true.
jai hind.
joy bangla.

now Bdesh will be bone dry.....:hitwall::hitwall:
there will be no water, ppl wouldnt even find drinking water, let alone bathing water or the water equivalent of toilet paper.
there will be widespread smell of armpits and pelvic regions emanating from whole of Bdesh.
huge bottling plants wud spring up which wud recycle excreted body fluids into potable water. **** would be sold in tk 10 pet bottles to recycling plants n the recycled water wud cost tk 100.
ppl would be paid water as salaries.......

meanwhile in neighboring india (whose scheming baniya leaders robbed bangladeshis of their water)......

24 hrs running water taps (with no mechanism to stop the water flow) shall be installed in every gali, every street, every highway, in 100 m intervals. courtesy bangladesh.
ppl will sell their cars n other modes of communication to avail the newest, most readily available n cheapest mode of travel...waterways.....roads shall be dug upto 10m which shall be filled with water (from bangladesh , where else) and ppl have to just jump into the waterway to go anywhere they want in shortest possible time.
bangladeshis, though, unwilling to leave the land of honey n milk, shall have no other option but to pole vault to india. in the process BDR would make lots of water n BSF would have lots of target practice.
BAL govt wud still remain in power (fevicol ka mazboot jod hai, tootega nahi) and its supporters would own all the natural water bodies.

i urge the chanakyan pandits to have mercy on bangladesh and stop this horrible future from coming true.
jai hind.
joy bangla.

Thanks for the low quality post.

Drying up a few big rivers does start the process of desertification in the surrounding areas. Save me your "armpit, pubic, etc" nonsense - we're talking about water for agriculture bud.

Meanwhile in neighboring India... scheming banyia ..huh?:what: Nowhere in my post did I blame India. As I said, it's those damn communists diverting all the water and everything, the crux of all evil in the world, no?

I didn't bother to read the rest. =)

Back
Top Bottom