What's new

23 New Dams across Teesta in India will Ruin Bangladesh

apart from scare matter, how Bangladeshis are greedy ? where are we building dam on teesta ? btw is not your wife bangladeshi ?

Yes she is and ? :cheesy:

Read up about Teesta Barrage Project 1, which is a mere 20 KM downstream from the Indian border. Plans were on for Teesta Barrage Project II, but India pre empted you guys.

Assuming that these dams will be completed within this year, how much time will we have taken overall to complete these 23 dams?

Around 10-12 years. They got the go ahead in 1999.

Oh bhai india has also a large population of Bengalis
Why no love for us

One, he ain't Bengali.

Two, he dreams that Pakistan will overtake India someday- a quaint and humorous dream, albeit a doomed one for a nation that has lived through one default to another for the last two decades- from the IMF to the Paris and London Chambers. :omghaha:

Yes she is and ? :cheesy:

so your wife is greedy :cheesy:

Read up about Teesta Barrage Project 1, which is a mere 20 KM downstream from the Indian border. Plans were on for Teesta Barrage Project II, but India pre empted you guys.

Around 10-12 years. They got the go ahead in 1999.

so we listened you but you do not want to listen us , right ?

so we listened you but you do not want to listen us , right ?

Its not about listening mate. Any water sharing agreement needs to be fair to both parties. Just cause we are the upper riparian country doesn't make us less "eligible" for the river.

Water sharing agreement is usually based on the command area of a river. Command area is the area around a water system which benefits from the system.

What Bangladesh did was, it made Teesta Barrage I at Lalmonirhat, and increased the command area of Teesta river by over 5 times, to around 150,000 hectares, thanks to the artificial irrigation canal system. The command area would have further increased, by another 100,000 hectares when Teesta Barrage II project would have come online.

Now the problem is, Bangladesh wants India to give her water based on this artificially enhanced(using irrigation canal) command area. So basically Bangladesh will keep making barrages and spreading its irrigation canals and keep increasing its command area and India should just sit there and keep giving them water.

Does this seem fair to you? :cheesy:

Its not about listening mate. Any water sharing agreement needs to be fair to both parties. Just cause we are the upper riparian country doesn't make us less "eligible" for the river.

Water sharing agreement is usually based on the command area of a river. Command area is the area around a water system which benefits from the system.

What Bangladesh did was, it made Teesta Barrage I at Lalmonirhat, and increased the command area of Teesta river by over 5 times, to around 150,000 hectares, thanks to the artificial irrigation canal system. The command area would have further increased, by another 100,000 hectares when Teesta Barrage II project would have come online.

Now the problem is, Bangladesh wants India to give her water based on this artificially enhanced(using irrigation canal) command area. So basically Bangladesh will keep making barrages and spreading its irrigation canals and keep increasing its command area and India should just sit there and keep giving them water.

Does this seem fair to you? :cheesy:

i heard that BD wants 50-50 share of total water flows in the agreement, what is wrong with that ? Just cause you are the upper riparian country doesn't give you more right for the river.

i heard that BD wants 50-50 share of total water flows in the agreement, what is wrong with that ?

The fact that we can't afford to give you half. We have more people than BD to cater to, so 50-50 is most probably out of the question. Forget Mamta didi, no party in WB will agree to such a scheme for the Teesta and the GOI will obviously not consider such requests to be valid from BD.

i heard that BD wants 50-50 share of total water flows in the agreement, what is wrong with that ?

You heard wrong.

You have to leave some water for the river, which is around 20%(which Bangladesh gets anyways being the lower riparian country). Rest 80% Bangladesh wants a 40/40 split.

So Bangladesh which has only 15% of Teesta's natural command area wants 60% of the water, and India which has 85% of Teesta's command area should take just 40% and shut up? Good one :lol:

Just cause you are the upper riparian country doesn't give you more right for the river.

As I said 85% of Teesta's command area falls under Indian territory, so we are definitely eligible for a lion share of the water.

You heard wrong.You have to leave some water for the river, which is around 20%(which Bangladesh gets anyways being the lower riparian country). Rest 80% Bangladesh wants a 40/40 split. As I said 85% of Teesta's command area falls under Indian territory, so we are definitely eligible for a lion share of the water.
then what is this ?

fr0115.jpg

Instead of doing so much Bak - Bak on the net it would be prudent to examine if any Intn'l laws are being violated.

If so India should back off.

If not, BD should ' adjust".

I do not think India is stupid enough to violate laws on the subject.

Or you can work hard and repeat the South Korean economic model and become asian tiger. Then not BD but INdia will be dependent on you for technology and resources. Isn't that better?? Then India will also treat BD like an equal regional partner and not some weak neighbour.

My point was to achieve that, you need a strong leader and government, not a stooge like HAsina. We got everything ready and all possibilities but this woman only knows to cuddle india and give away own nations interests. And its india who is working to keep BD weak and to have a stooge government in power like hasina. India is no saint.

Back
Top Bottom