What's new

23 New Dams across Teesta in India will Ruin Bangladesh

I strongly condemn any project which will hurt the livelihood of our neighboring countries since I am a Tamil I know the pain when the neighboring states don't provide the promised water and the farmers have to commit suicide to escape the debts. If these projects affect Bangladeshi's livelihood they should move to international courts demanding justice.

So no more rafting :( ?
I am more worried about the ecological damage it would cause than BD getting water. Hope it has been take into consideration. The river is one of the best (in terms of natural course and cleanliness) that I have seen...

India is not in the habit of giving. Once it has obtained an advantage it never keeps its end of the bargain. If India gets transit Bangladesh will never get an agreement on Teesta.

Come on Munshi...Please do not be naive....If India stop water...then you do the same...How difficult is to stop the transit if other parties do not agree to it....Simply do not allow any transportation through your international border...then India GOV will realize the importance...

Again, if you ask me about my opinion...I am against any kind of harm to people of BD in the form of water blackmailing....This is against any kind of humanity..

Its our land and we can do whatever we want if you have problem then cry in front of UN still we won't give a flying rat's @ss

My point was to achieve that, you need a strong leader and government, not a stooge like HAsina. We got everything ready and all possibilities but this woman only knows to cuddle india and give away own nations interests. And its india who is working to keep BD weak and to have a stooge government in power like hasina. India is no saint.

No one is saint in international diplomacy...And so as India too...But are you saint too...Of course no...You know very well the reason behind it...Please as long as BD and its pepople stop taking execuses that all the hail in BD is because of one political party is a dalal of India, till that point, beleive me nothing is going to change in your nation...Rather than fixing the problem, you are simply taking a lazy execuse in the form of Hasina.....See the political landscape of Pakistan or India to some extent too...In Pakistan, when people saw that PPP and ML is not enough then Imran Khan got the ascendancy in the politics...In the same way, in India too, when people realize that BJP is no better than Congress then regional parties will come prominence...And my fear is that it is happening in India too...

So my point is that take up destiny in your own hand and please do not give the same execuse again and again that because of India and AL you are in **** and once there will be a change...all problem of your country will get resolved....If your people feel AL is culprit then let your democratic system decide its own course....allow independent space in civil society to develop new political forces...

Bangladesh also has taken an initiative to form an alliance with its three South Asian neighbours India, Bhutan and Nepal for cooperation and production and sharing of hydroelectricity in the trans- boundary rivers. The country has made a list of nine proposed hydropower plants which it could benefit from. The JRC sources say at least two dams in the Teesta and those two of Meghalaya are included in the nine. A meeting of representatives from Bangladesh, India and Bhutan has already taken place in Dhaka.

BD shouldn't have involved itself in any power producing initiatives with India that depend on building dams upstream in the common rivers. This indirectly has legitimized building of dams by India.

Why don't Bdeshis refute Roybot's points about the command area instead of stupid incoherent rants. C'mon guys be logical.

I think Bangladeshi friends have to understand some hard truths.there is no equality in the water sharing in this region.China,who never signed any water treaty with lower riparian states.India tried and argued against it,but later understand the fact that China couldn't afford to give a large share of water to other states as their own demand is huge.now,India is trying on mechanism to get as much water as it can from various rivers.so,why Indo-Bangladesh water sharing will differ???we've the rights to take care our own interests.and there is no particular law which bound us about the percentage.Talks on Teesta treaty is on.Bangladesh will get what both country will agree on.and again,don't whine about water levels of water(both Teesta and Padma).not all is our fault.we release the amout of water what both countries were agreed on.then your country draw the amount of water they needed.so,water level will fall dramatically.no wander about that.so why accuse us for everything??we're not stealing anything,alright??

I will defend Indian interest here. Everything they are doing now is within their chanakyan right. We are a defacto province of India any way.
India.gif

No one is saint in international diplomacy...And so as India too...But are you saint too...Of course no...You know very well the reason behind it...Please as long as BD and its pepople stop taking execuses that all the hail in BD is because of one political party is a dalal of India, till that point, beleive me nothing is going to change in your nation...Rather than fixing the problem, you are simply taking a lazy execuse in the form of Hasina.....See the political landscape of Pakistan or India to some extent too...In Pakistan, when people saw that PPP and ML is not enough then Imran Khan got the ascendancy in the politics...In the same way, in India too, when people realize that BJP is no better than Congress then regional parties will come prominence...And my fear is that it is happening in India too...

So my point is that take up destiny in your own hand and please do not give the same execuse again and again that because of India and AL you are in **** and once there will be a change...all problem of your country will get resolved....If your people feel AL is culprit then let your democratic system decide its own course....allow independent space in civil society to develop new political forces...

In some extent I support your comments. But hey again we are going to my point. These parties both BAL and BNP restricted any third party from rising, YOu can see how Dr. Younus being treated by this devil hasina. There are constant schemes going on against any other party being vocal these days. hasina can't even tolerate BNP let alone other minor parties. She is abusing her majority in Assembly and running a dictatorship. And in this path India, through raw is helping her. I can take you through a long and painstaking arguments and proofs how RAW is involved and what is there scheme. Since you are in a denial mode it will sound a fairy tell to you. But believe me its the truth. You can guess it by judging amount of unfair treaties has been signed during this tenure of hasina with india and in return she got nothing but the guarantee of power and safe back passage if something wrong happens. See during this tenure our Two most prominent, capable and trustworthy forces being destroyed. And in administration you can see nothing but some designated BAL minions, ready comply against nations interest. At the end I'll tell you the historical fact that It Took ONLY ONE MIrjafar to defeat the NABAB SIRAJ UDDOULA and hence the independence of India in 1757. We have that MIRJAFAR in form of Hasina right now.

Their Chinese brothers may have already started construction/diversion work on Bhramaputra river (Tsang Po they call it) :coffee:.

And be rest assured if that work is halted/modified, it will be purely due to India's negotiating power, not BD's. We will again save their sorry arses, like we always have and in return all we will get are childish nonsensical rants. Reminds me of the pesky housewife who verbally harrases her husband and makes his life miserable :cray:

In some extent I support your comments. But hey again we are going to my point. These parties both BAL and BNP restricted any third party from rising, YOu can see how Dr. Younus being treated by this devil hasina. There are constant schemes going on against any other party being vocal these days. hasina can't even tolerate BNP let alone other minor parties. She is abusing her majority in Assembly and running a dictatorship. And in this path India, through raw is helping her. I can take you through a long and painstaking arguments and proofs how RAW is involved and what is there scheme. Since you are in a denial mode it will sound a fairy tell to you. But believe me its the truth. You can guess it by judging amount of unfair treaties has been signed during this tenure of hasina with india and in return she got nothing but the guarantee of power and safe back passage if something wrong happens. See during this tenure our Two most prominent, capable and trustworthy forces being destroyed. And in administration you can see nothing but some designated BAL minions, ready comply against nations interest. At the end I'll tell you the historical fact that It Took ONLY ONE MIrjafar to defeat the NABAB SIRAJ UDDOULA and hence the independence of India in 1757. We have that MIRJAFAR in form of Hasina right now.

I beleive you and trust you...I beleive that India diplomatically and politically support AL...And it is not like India do not like to support B Khalida Zia but if she does not reciprocate then it is not the issue with India...But i should admit that at the end....It is BD that need to see the interest of itself rather than expecting from India...India and its GOV will see its own interests and so also you...So we have to find a middle ground where both of us interests are converging....In that context ..I have given example that why not BD GOV or political party is making a deal with India that If India help us in water issue then BD will help India in transit issue....This is just a perfect bargaining chip to each other....

But if your GOV think that providing transit is not possible then India can also behave as a spoiler to the party too, although it does not sound ethical...So this kind of issue happens because of unnecessary blame game in your internal politics for every ill in BD because of India...You can hardly found this kind od sentiment in India...I am not sure if you have observed or not...India in general is never ever anti BD....We pick out specific people in PDF foroum....But we never feel any kind of ill feeling for your country......Leaving aside...PDF..If you go civilian domain of India ...then really feel hapy with the economic success of BD.....And this happens because we believe that most of the times...BD people are not anti Indian..

I beleive you and trust you...I beleive that India diplomatically and politically support AL...And it is not like India do not like to support B Khalida Zia but if she does not reciprocate then it is not the issue with India...But i should admit that at the end....It is BD that need to see the interest of itself rather than expecting from India...India and its GOV will see its own interests and so also you...So we have to find a middle ground where both of us interests are converging....In that context ..I have given example that why not BD GOV or political party is making a deal with India that If India help us in water issue then BD will help India in transit issue....This is just a perfect bargaining chip to each other....

But if your GOV think that providing transit is not possible then India can also behave as a spoiler to the party too, although it does not sound ethical...So this kind of issue happens because of unnecessary blame game in your internal politics for every ill in BD because of India...You can hardly found this kind od sentiment in India...I am not sure if you have observed or not...India in general is never ever anti BD....We pick out specific people in PDF foroum....But we never feel any kind of ill feeling for your country......Leaving aside...PDF..If you go civilian domain of India ...then really feel hapy with the economic success of BD.....And this happens because we believe that most of the times...BD people are not anti Indian..

Precisely. I have been to India and I had some experiences but it can rest for a while. I can assure you we Bangladeshis aren't india haters, We hate the indian policy towards us. And like you said our youngs should rise and take the future of the country in their hands. Anyway I hope and do believe that when this BAL thing ends no one can stop us from prospering.

are you kidding me ? same water we share and you are taking the water away and asking us to get water from some where else ?

btw to be powerful nation still India long way to go.

Members from BD supported China building Dam on Brahmaputra. We have to find a way out for our prosperous growth. Here is our answer.

Back
Top Bottom