What's new

21st ASEAN Summit in Cambodia (from Nov. 18 to 20)

@Reashot Xigwin

Are you Indonesian?
If you act like a slave to the Chinese, so don´t wonder that they treat you like a slave!

Of course I'm an Indonesian :whistle:. Oh Right, just because I'm standing up for Cambodia you call me a Chinese slave. While guys like you who Badmouth Cambodia for merely acting on their self-interest like any sovereign nation would.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course I'm an Indonesian :whistle:. Oh Right, just because I'm standing up for Cambodia you call me a Chinese slave. While guys like you who Badmouth Cambodia for merely acting on their self-interest like any sovereign nation would.

Cambodia acts like a marionette. Thats the fact!

@Reashot Xigwin

Are you Indonesian?
If you act like a slave to the Chinese, so don´t wonder that they treat you like a slave!

Ah, let me clear this one to you, China never treat Indonesia like slaves, do they dictate us? do they tell us what to do? Dude, we are with you about Chinese dispute with your country, but we aren't idiot, siding with your country against China means losing market and business possibility. Indonesia and China are both among the fastest emerging economies and we don't want to lose opportunity to enlarge our economy capability by losing market and possible investments to and from China.

Let's get back to the topic, Cambodia have rights to do everything that benefits them. China has been investing a lot in Cambodia and risking their economy to support countries who can't even help their economy themselves means they will be back to stone age if they support you, and I don't think, forging alliance with Cambodia after they lose investment from China will benefit PH and Vietnam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, let me clear this one to you, China never treat Indonesia like slaves, do they dictate us? do they tell us what to do? Dude, we are with you about Chinese dispute with your country, but we aren't idiot, siding with your country against China means losing market and business possibility. Indonesia and China are both among the fastest emerging economies and we don't want to lose opportunity to enlarge our economy capability by losing market and possible investments to and from China.

Let's get back to the topic, Cambodia have rights to do everything that benefits them. China has been investing a lot in Cambodia and risking their economy to support countries who can't even help their economy themselves means they will be back to stone age if they support you, and I don't think, forging alliance with Cambodia after they lose investment from China will benefit PH and Vietnam.

Well, when I visited Jakarta last time, I feel you were second class citizens in your own country.

No, Cambodia does not have rights to do everything that benefits them! as host ASEAN country it must act neutral and should do for the interests of ASEAN member states. Cambodia is disqualified, again. Sad!

Cambodia acts like a marionette. Thats the fact!

Siding with China they got to keep China Investment. Siding with you Guys Cambodia got nothing. I might not agree on Cambodia attitude on the ASEAN forum but I understand their motives. They're not Marionette Its not an easy decision to choose between Regional Partners & a Superpower. PM Hun Sen is, I believe is greatly distraught when have to choose between ASEAN or his Country.

Siding with China they got to keep China Investment. Siding with you Guys Cambodia got nothing. I might not agree on Cambodia attitude on the ASEAN forum but I understand their motives. They're not Marionette Its not an easy decision to choose between Regional Partners & a Superpower. PM Hun Sen is, I believe is greatly distraught when have to choose between ASEAN or his Country.

Cambodia gets nothing? where are you all the time?

We have invested 8 billion USD in Cambodia, similar the amount of China investment! the Vietnam-Cambodia bilateral trade increases by 50% year on year! Hun Sen knows without Vietnamese help in the 1970s, his country is a dead land today.

According to the Department’s statistics, Vietnam remains one of Cambodia’s leading trade partners with two-way trade turnover reaching US$2.8 billion last year, exports to Cambodia increased by 53 percent to US$2.4 billion thanks to the recovery of the Cambodian economy and the sales of made-in-Vietnam products at reasonable prices.

Vietnamese businesses have invested in 50 projects in Cambodia with a total capitalization of US$8 billion with a focus on rubber planting, aviation, telecommunications, food processing, tourism, construction materials, and mining.

More opportunities for Vietnamese businesses in Cambodia | Vietnam Business News

Well, when I visited Jakarta last time, I feel you were second class citizens in your own country.

No, Cambodia does not have rights to do everything that benefits them! as host ASEAN country it must act neutral and should do for the interests of ASEAN member states. Cambodia is disqualified, again. Sad!

Haha ! that's what most vietnamese see Indonesia. Let me clear this one (again) to you. Chinese people in Indonesia are pretty nationalist, even after what we did to them in 1998, and don't blind yourself to the fact that nowadays Chinese people in Indonesia are just the same with another Indonesians, they are part of Indonesia and no one can segregate them, if you look closely, you can find Chinese-blood people also working in factories and many of them are as poor as another poor people in Indonesia. Just because they are Chinese-blood doesn't mean they aren't Indonesian, and above another people in Indonesia, heck even the vice governor of Jakarta is a Chinese-blood. As an Indonesian, I don't see Chinese people are different from us, they are just another Indonesian, and please understand that, in my country, being a "second class citizens" is all about how you bring yourself in career and job opportunity, one of the biggest private company in Indonesia, Bakrie group, isn't owned by Chinese blood people, and yes, that company also employ chinese-blood people as well as locals. Well maybe in your country there is classification among citizens but let's not bringing things that happen in your country to mine.

And please, learn the difference between China and Chinese.

So, instead of growing their economy and prosperity, they should side with countries who can't even help themselves? Wow, that's smart. If you want a neutral acts, give them something that worth neutral acts. Do you think Indonesia act neutral to China and U.S of A because she wants to act neutral? Everything is about balancing game, if you want a country act neutral for you, or even better, side with you, give them what they want. Cambodia want economy, give them investment, loan, and aid. Cambodia want military toys, give them weapons. Cambodia want education, give them schools. Or else? you can't make Cambodia turn side with you.

We have invested 8 billion USD in Cambodia, similar the amount of China investment! the Vietnam-Cambodia bilateral trade increases by 50% year on year! Hun Sen knows without Vietnamese help in the 1970s, his country is a dead land today.

See the link on one of my previous post & there's something you forgot China is a motherhumping SUPERPOWER as in they can influence a country way more effectively than yours can. Would you cover for another 8 billions if the said Chinese Investments leave the country?

Hun Sen was a viet puppet general and he knows that he owned vietnamese a bit. He built ceremonial stones in Cambodia to memmorize those killed viet invaders. Cambodians don't thank you but they don't trust you guys. Viets are so infamous for being doggy in the neighbourhood...hh

Sorry, but I am tired of talking on Cambodia. It seems they never learn the history. Cambodia should remember that it was always a bad deal when it sided with China against Vietnam.

Sorry, but I am tired of talking on Cambodia. It seems they never learn the history. Cambodia should remember that it was always a bad deal when it sided with China against Vietnam.

"you or me" that is age the old question
it's either sacrificing Chinese investment at the cost of their own people or support ASEAN & get Nicht/Null

Haha ! that's what most vietnamese see Indonesia. Let me clear this one (again) to you. Chinese people in Indonesia are pretty nationalist, even after what we did to them in 1998, and don't blind yourself to the fact that nowadays Chinese people in Indonesia are just the same with another Indonesians, they are part of Indonesia and no one can segregate them, if you look closely, you can find Chinese-blood people also working in factories and many of them are as poor as another poor people in Indonesia. Just because they are Chinese-blood doesn't mean they aren't Indonesian, and above another people in Indonesia, heck even the vice governor of Jakarta is a Chinese-blood. As an Indonesian, I don't see Chinese people are different from us, they are just another Indonesian, and please understand that, in my country, being a "second class citizens" is all about how you bring yourself in career and job opportunity, one of the biggest private company in Indonesia, Bakrie group, isn't owned by Chinese blood people, and yes, that company also employ chinese-blood people as well as locals. Well maybe in your country there is classification among citizens but let's not bringing things that happen in your country to mine.

And please, learn the difference between China and Chinese.

So, instead of growing their economy and prosperity, they should side with countries who can't even help themselves? Wow, that's smart. If you want a neutral acts, give them something that worth neutral acts. Do you think Indonesia act neutral to China and U.S of A because she wants to act neutral? Everything is about balancing game, if you want a country act neutral for you, or even better, side with you, give them what they want. Cambodia want economy, give them investment, loan, and aid. Cambodia want military toys, give them weapons. Cambodia want education, give them schools. Or else? you can't make Cambodia turn side with you.

No, that´s the way I see Indonesia. The Chinese dominate your economy, and treat you as second class citizen. Dude, wake up! You can learn some from Malaysia.

About Cambodia, we don´t need to give them anything for free.

No, that´s the way I see Indonesia. The Chinese dominate your economy, and treat you as second class citizen. Dude, wake up! You can learn some from Malaysia.

About Cambodia, we don´t need to give them anything for free.

Now here's a thing for you to learn, Chinese people in Indonesia are Indonesian. We don't differentiate them, there is no economic domination by who or who, as long as they are part Indonesia, there's no domination among each other. And note this, there are no China town or any specialized town for Chinese people, and most of Chinese Indonesians are using their chinese name only for family records, they are completely assimilated with local population. The legislature passed a new citizenship law in 2006 defining the word asli ("indigenous") in the Constitution as a natural born person, allowing Chinese Indonesians to be eligible to run for president. That means they are now Indonesian, and there's only competition between Indonesian citizen. Now you wake up, the age of separating citizens is long gone.

Even chinese descents people are running for contribution to the country competing with another indonesian people. For example:

Vice governor of Jakarta, Basuki Tjahja Purnama (Zhong Wan Xie 钟万勰)

getfile.aspx

Indonesian Army Brigadier General, Teddy Jusuf (Him Tek Ji, 熊德怡; pinyin: Xióng Déyí)

467px-Tedy_Jusuf.png

I hope you understand that Chinese Indonesians are in the same level of citizenship, there are no domination between each other.

ASEAN's motto is "One Vision, One Identity, One Community." sadly even before this summit Cambodia had already made it clear that they will be kissing chinese a.s.s. If Cambodia cannot support the interests of its fellow ASEAN members, then I guess it has no business to be in the association. It's obvious that this country is working more for the interest of China rather than its fellow ASEAN brothers and it fosters division among us to the delight of greedy China.

ASEAN should unite unless it wants China to settle (or rule it) instead. In the first place China already violated UNCLOS. China of course wants bilateral talks with its divide and conquer tactics. They wanted to dictate the terms of not "internationalizing" the situation, given the limited resources of the Philippines or Vietnam especially going against a super bully. That’s why the best option for ASEAN is to stand together, legitimately and peacefully repel the Chinese tyrants' crazy 9-dash ambitions. Well 'verbally pushing for justice' on the international forum is the civilized way of stating objectives ‘cos how can one nation claim waters close to another nations territory is beyond logical reasoning. The only reason is greed and Nazism mentality. Like what I said it's China driving the conflicts and creating tension. :tdown:

Enough said.

Back
Top Bottom