What's new

2017 Census: Population by city Karachi 14.9m, Lahore 11.12m, Faisalabad 3.2m

how you count Number using area. Karachi is all vertical 4 to 10 storey buildings. Lahore ground plus 1 storey buildings.

Can anyone tell me how this census is conspiracy against muhajirs as Sattar/MQM is saying? In 1998 urdu speaking population was 48%. Even generous growth despite the fact they are likely to have less kids and move out will mean muhajir population is 7million. The people who claim they know Karachi very well do they also say muhajirs now make 25% of population if population is 25m?

If this census is conspiracy against all of Karachi people then anyone seriously believe now muhajirs make 25% of population or 20%? :lol:

upload_2017-8-29_19-48-19.png

upload_2017-8-29_19-45-25.png

upload_2017-8-29_19-48-51.png

upload_2017-8-29_19-45-51.png

upload_2017-8-29_19-46-32.png

upload_2017-8-29_19-47-28.png

Can anyone tell me how this census is conspiracy against muhajirs as Sattar/MQM is saying? In 1998 urdu speaking population was 48%. Even generous growth despite the fact they are likely to have less kids and move out will mean muhajir population is 7million. The people who claim they know Karachi very well do they also say muhajirs now make 25% of population if population is 25m?

If this census is conspiracy against all of Karachi people then anyone seriously believe now muhajirs make 25% of population or 20%? :lol:

I am not a mohajir/Urdu speaker but as a Karachite who was born and raised in this city, I think these figures are massively under-estimated. It is just not possible for all major estimates to get it so wrong. I can understand a few sure, but no, I will wait for them to release these before I analysis them further, but you seem to have taken these as gospel.

Don't turn this in to an ethnic hate fest please. We are all Pakistanis.

I am not a mohajir/Urdu speaker but as a Karachite who was born and raised in this city, I think these figures are massively under-estimated. It is just not possible for all major estimates to get it so wrong. I can understand a few sure, but no, I will wait for them to release these before I analysis them further, but you seem to have taken these as gospel.

Don't turn this in to an ethnic hate fest please. We are all Pakistanis.

You know Karachi well but do you seriously believe "muhajirs" now make 20-25% of population depending on how much some claim population to be from 25m to all the way to 30m. I personally refuse to accept this. Karachi is still muhajir dominated as ever.

First there was conspiracy in 80's to turn them in to minorty. Now there is conspiracy to not show muhajirs 20% of population. MQM need to make up their mind.

You know Karachi well but do you seriously believe "muhajirs" now make 20-25% of population depending on how much some claim population to be from 25m to all the way to 30m. I personally refuse to accept this. Karachi is still muhajir dominated as ever.

First there was conspiracy in 80's to turn them in to minorty. Now there is conspiracy to not show muhajirs 20% of population. MQM need to make up their mind.

I don't really care what MQM says. I will wait for the release of information with the breakdown of each town and it's population growth and what areas were considered part of Karachi and which weren't. Till then I will reserve my judgement, but I will say once again, anyone who is from Karachi will find these figures odd. Regardless of their ethnic background.

I don't really care what MQM says. I will wait for the release of information with the breakdown of each town and it's population growth and what areas were considered part of Karachi and which weren't. Till then I will reserve my judgement, but I will say once again, anyone who is from Karachi will find these figures odd. Regardless of their ethnic background.

Its just common sense that if population is 25-30m then muhajir population is 20-25%, I'm pretty sure this isn't the case at all and I don't even need to be from Karachi. This is political issue more then anything, figures make sense.

Its just common sense that if population is 25-30m then muhajir population is 20-25%, I'm pretty sure this isn't the case at all and I don't even need to be from Karachi. This is political issue more then anything, figures make sense.

It is pretty obvious that Urdu speakers population would fall slightly but that doesn't mean they have completed stopped having kids, but that's not my point. The point is the overall picture we are getting.

Also, it was obvious you weren't from Karachi when you replied to me with the map showing Kemari as outside of Karachi. That was the most obvious part, yet you still continue to argue on these figures like you know Karachi like the back of your hand. Another thing that gave that away was when you stated that Malir is sparsely populated, have you ever been to Malir? Please, it is fine to make educated guesses, but you seem to have invested a lot of time and effort in proving these figures as gospel. I hope to God you weren't one of the guys who carried out this census in Karachi.

And once again, I will wait for the breakdown of the official figures district by district, town by town of Karachi before I say anything further on the numbers.

This census seems to be flawed and politicised.
highly politicized & seems favoring ONLY PML-N & PPP
karachi-lahore-division-jpg.421520

Interpretation of the above table is very interesting (for Karachi concentrate in Growth Rate of Rural Area)
upload_2017-8-29_21-13-31.png

Back
Top Bottom