What's new

2014 Elections - Grave Implications for India

Fake tsunami gone,time for real tsunami :D

No, the tsunami happened, but the man on top wasn't IK. NW swept the elections, and our economy is already looking up, so all is well :)

By the way, how many people voted in the last elections? With over at least half a billion potential voters, you'd think that the election process would be a major headache to deal with.

No, the tsunami happened, but the man on top wasn't IK. NW swept the elections, and our economy is already looking up, so all is well :)

By the way, how many people voted in the last elections? With over at least half a billion potential voters, you'd think that the election process would be a major headache to deal with.
HAHA ganjee tsunami :P

60% Last time But i think around 70% would go for voting this time (awareness + anger against UPA).

I don't think there would be much instances of violence or terrorism since our EC is a constitutional body which has the Power of government while elections are going on .

Here Election is done in Phases,Its not like yours: today election today results .

BTW best of luck ,Hope NS could revive your economy(and sustainable development start taking place) because that is the only solution to a better society in 3rd world countries.

WTH with recent By election ,Ik's Tsunami down again ?

HAHA ganjee tsunami :P

60% Last time But i think around 70% would go for voting this time (awareness + anger against UPA).

I don't think there would be much instances of violence or terrorism since our EC is a constitutional body which has the Power of government while elections are going on .

Here Election is done in Phases,Its not like yours: today election today results .

BTW best of luck ,Hope NS could revive your economy(and sustainable development start taking place) because that is the only solution to a better society in 3rd world countries.

WTH with recent By election ,Ik's Tsunami down again ?

Actually, some things I should clarify. Our elections do happen in phases too, and the results were announced a week after the election. The first phase just happens to be the biggest, and whoever wins that phase usually wins the elections. We knew NS won because of unofficial results coming from news agencies, no one was 100% sure until the ECP announced the results a week latter.

As for IK's Tsunami, it hasn't really died down as much as it has been struggling to stay up. People are still hopeful, and KP gov has been making some headway, but considering the promises they made, they've been underperforming. They've recently promised to build two modern mega cities for the growing KP population, but people are wondering where the money will come from.

Meanwhile, as much as I criticise NW, he's making good on his a lot of his major promises (the ones that matter, not that ******* laptop scheme bullshit). He's also being realistic in his approach, and instead of trying to develop two new mega cities like IK, he's going to start investing heavily in Gwadar and it is looking increasingly likely that it will gain the same status as HK has in China. Gwadar would not only turn Baluchistan into a massive economic hub, but would bring jobs, growth, development and finally turn Baluchistan into an economic powerhouse and give it the respect that it wants in Pakistani politics.

Actually, some things I should clarify. Our elections do happen in phases too, and the results were announced a week after the election. The first phase just happens to be the biggest, and whoever wins that phase usually wins the elections. We knew NS won because of unofficial results coming from news agencies, no one was 100% sure until the ECP announced the results a week latter.

As for IK's Tsunami, it hasn't really died down as much as it has been struggling to stay up. People are still hopeful, and KP gov has been making some headway, but considering the promises they made, they've been underperforming. They've recently promised to build two modern mega cities for the growing KP population, but people are wondering where the money will come from.

Meanwhile, as much as I criticise NW, he's making good on his a lot of his major promises (the ones that matter, not that ******* laptop scheme bullshit). He's also being realistic in his approach, and instead of trying to develop two new mega cities like IK, he's going to start investing heavily in Gwadar and it is looking increasingly likely that it will gain the same status as HK has in China. Gwadar would not only turn Baluchistan into a massive economic hub, but would bring jobs, growth, development and finally turn Baluchistan into an economic powerhouse and give it the respect that it wants in Pakistani politics.

Great \m/

IK needs to cool down and start building his party's cadre rather than ending up in doing nothing ,slow&steady development + clean governance+social base can make him a viable alternative .

If there could be a power sharing arrangement in Baluchistan with the angry sardars and local leaders ,balochistan could end up doing great.

:pakistan:

GN to all

Here is the upcoming rally schedule for modi @Indo-guy

modi1_400_082813085909.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Modi on the upswing?

There seems to be a wave in his name. But does that include the party? Brijesh Pandey reports on a curious paradox building in the Hindi heartland
Cover_35.jpg

Modi on the upswing? | Brijesh Pandey

Narendra Modi to bombard UP with his rallies

The BJP is planning a spate of rallies for Modi in the state, beginning with four rallies through October, a party leader told ET, adding that these will be followed by a rally in Lucknow in Diwali, from where former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee was a five-time member of Parliament.

Narendra Modi to bombard UP with his rallies - The Economic Times

Lot of blame goes to ourselves...Our political system reflects us...if Our politicians are corrupt ...then it means we are corrupt.... We have nobody else to blame but ourselves ....

We elected Congress ( read India ) ...we need to face the consequences ...

Next time we vote ...we need to keep it in mind .

We have no other choice but stick to democracy and make best use of what we have got ...
I just hope people won't fall in trap of these free booty traps : food security ( free food ) and money transfer ( free money) schemes !

Current system is good enough . Problem is not in the system but in the user...if user is wrong ...no matter how good system you give to him ...he will bungle it ....on the contrary if user is good he can make best out of the worst system .

What can voters do? We don't even have the right to reject so we end up in this mess.

I just repeat my statement : Democracy is the best system of governance ...but not in country where those who vote can't read , write and think and those who can read , write and think ....don't vote !

Majority voter in India lives in interior are illiterates, easily swayed by populist measures and have no power to think what is in best interest of country !
Educated people only talk , come and vomit on forums like this ( like me ) ....but don't vote ( I do vote by the way...) !

Even if you have a college degree. You would be working 9hrs a day. Do you even have time to readup and determine who is most qualified to run the country ? If you yourself have never run a country before can you decide who can ? And even if you have the time, which is unlikely, what choices of candidates do you have ? Most of the time...just 2.

Current system is good enough . Problem is not in the system but in the user...if user is wrong ...no matter how good system you give to him ...he will bungle it ....on the contrary if user is good he can make best out of the worst system .

Political conflict is exclusive, sometimes vicious, very often dishonest, forcing people to go against their own consciences and the good of the nation for the sake of the party.

The inescapable conclusion is that Western democracy - politics, in fact - exists not to select good government but to permit the peasantry to participate in a primitive, socio-theological rite of competition, conflict and victory. A useful substitute for a civil war.

You live in Singapore ? So you should have first hand experience of living in a dictatorship. How do Singapore select its people ?

Modi on the upswing?

There seems to be a wave in his name. But does that include the party? Brijesh Pandey reports on a curious paradox building in the Hindi heartland
Cover_35.jpg

Modi on the upswing? | Brijesh Pandey

Narendra Modi to bombard UP with his rallies

The BJP is planning a spate of rallies for Modi in the state, beginning with four rallies through October, a party leader told ET, adding that these will be followed by a rally in Lucknow in Diwali, from where former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee was a five-time member of Parliament.

Narendra Modi to bombard UP with his rallies - The Economic Times

BJP must realize one thing very clearly that it cannot come to power riding on Modi Mania alone. I for one am closely following the debates going on in Loksabha & rajya sabha and it is worthwhile to note the points raised by Leaders of opposition especially Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley as it gives an insight to how they intend to run the government should they come to power.
organizaers in BJP know better than me, but as a wish, i would want them to take to common voters like us their agenda and policies through public rallies, blogs etc.
secondly too much importance is given to who is PM candidate, something that doesnt matter much now. Let the agenda and its action plan be of paramount importance.
for the sake of democracy, hope that a voter must be aware enough, so that when he presses a button on EVM next GE, let him have a picture of vision of that particular party rather than a person.

Thanks for correction ! I will take care henceforth.

:tup:

Indeed the Economic mismanagement is PM's legacy

But what surprises me is how an astute economist like Man Mohan Singh could lead to this kind of mess up ?

We know that MMS was PM for name-sake ....and Sonia always held de-facto power ....

Food Security Bill was staunchly opposed by MMS team including Chidambaram and Sharad Powar ....but they all were overwhelmed by Sonia Gandhi's clout and persistence....

What is dangerous that PM not only just catapulted to Sonia Gandhi's populist projects ...in the process he subjugated highest office in country to extra constituitional power centre ....but in addition to that he simply sacrificed economy of India .

History will never forgive MMS ....

He was deemed as father of economic reforms ...and he himself has killed the economy in its infancy !!!

I am a noob in economics .

What I think is happening can be explained by a malayalam quote ??

'aalu koodiyal paambu chaavilla' which means 'As the number of persons rises , the snake cannot be killed' .

Every single person in the cabinet is in some form an economist . PM , FM , President , so forth . Every single one will have there own ideas and most times not in agreement with each other . Hence policy paralysis ...... :undecided:

BJP must realize one thing very clearly that it cannot come to power riding on Modi Mania alone. I for one am closely following the debates going on in Loksabha & rajya sabha and it is worthwhile to note the points raised by Leaders of opposition especially Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley as it gives an insight to how they intend to run the government should they come to power.
organizaers in BJP know better than me, but as a wish, i would want them to take to common voters like us their agenda and policies through public rallies, blogs etc.
secondly too much importance is given to who is PM candidate, something that doesnt matter much now. Let the agenda and its action plan be of paramount importance.
for the sake of democracy, hope that a voter must be aware enough, so that when he presses a button on EVM next GE, let him have a picture of vision of that particular party rather than a person.

1.In india people vote on perceptions.
2.YES, i agree that they need alliances with small parties and tactical alliances with others to gain more.
3.CLEAR PM candidature is VERY VERY important.
4.Some major analysts clearly say that if the elections become regional BJP has very few chances to comeback while the more its presidential BJP will gain (In gujrat modi clearly said to the voters 'your are not voting for this MLA,you are voting for me' ,which should also be conveyed this time to gain extra seats)

5. Major policies must be given out ASAP .
6.There should be a three way approach BJP cadre pressing local issues(or polarization in states like UP)+modis OBC caste card+Development .
7.According to Cvoter BJP's vote share is rising but they have to rise it to a certain level that they should have clear benefits from it.

Why not visit his kingdom and see for yourself. :D

Had been there to visit some friends who were settled in Gujarat, during the 90s.

It was another UP + Bihar under the previous congress rule.

But this man came and things changed.

BTW I was a totallyanti-Modi guy from 2002 to 2004 at its worst. For the riots, I carried out my own research which began to show that he wasn't at all responsible for anything.

Not even a fraction fo what Congress was responsible for massacre of Sikhs in Delhi or letting Muslims massacre Hindus, Buddhists and Sikhs in Kashmir valley in 80s.

Development wise, the way he managed 2005 earthquake, began to make me see what he really was.

Later, a month long visit and interaction with locals in 2010 changed my entire perception.

The change was massively visible from pre-Modi era till now. It was a complete turnover. the finest highways in India in any state, infrastructure at its best for any tier city (except probably Delhi and Mumbai then, now even that is change these days), happier people, safer cities (compared to Delhi, it feels hundred times safer and I have lived as a Delhiite most of my life) etc etc.

Many of those who accused him of 'genocide', 'riots' etc were caught red handed eating up money for victims relief. Example, Teesta Setalvad; charged of siphoning off massive amounts of aid money meant for riot victims and Arundhati Roy, the 'messiah of poor and oppressed minorities', charged of siphoning off land properties from the very poor whom she supports when interacting with Maoists.

Agreed mate visit the sabarmati river side its just like missicipi of india
it resembles foreign
see ahemdabad trs bus system its like we are in future automatic doors,good buses
good roads
see the so solar power plant on the roof tops of canal
thses generate electricity and saves water evaporation

if anyoone needs more i may happily present you moe developments

Back
Top Bottom