What's new

2014 Elections - Grave Implications for India

Economy has not been doing well for more than last 5 years....
the CAD has been higher than safe limit of -2.5% for last 5 years ...( this is Man Mohan Singh's own benchmark ...which he let trampled for last 5 years ..and let burgeoned upto whopping -5% of GDP )
Current crisis is precipitated by flight of foreign investors after US & EU economy registered exceptional turn around ....

The government for past 5 years did nothing to correct the mismanagement of economy !!!

The reasons for governance failure are many ....

But we simply can't shun the fact that this economic mess happened with Economist PM at the helm for one full decade ....

He had adequate authority and time to do what could have been right .....but he didn't

MMS has destroyed nation's economy along with his own reputation !!!

Not to mention that they even walked right over the limits set in place by a certain piece of legislation passed in the parliament- through various suspension of deadlines etc. I told you, feces smeared buffalo bottoms are required.

@Indo-guy something doesn't feel right...how come everything go shitz within 1 month ...it was all nice and dandy ...we were all happily talking about the "India growth" story , and all of a sudden economy goes to shits and we blame govt. for last 9 years...

Dunno, something does not feel right ...

If Oxford trained , world renowned Economist PM ends up destroying "well groomed economy" ....who we are to blame ?

Such situation did not arise even when illiterate like HD Devegowda occupied the seat of PM ( however brief that was ) ....

so MMS as PM of the country for last 1 decade must take all the blame and beating !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mate look at the mess created after passing of food security bill

No amount of policies are going to reduce the deficit till growth picks up,,,,and as for growth read this

BNP Paribas cuts India

If Oxford trained , world renowned Economist PM ends up destroying "well groomed economy" ....who we are to blame ?

Such situation did not arise even when illiterate like HD Devegowda occupied the seat of PM ( however brief that was ) ....

so MMS as PM of the country for last 1 decade must take all the blame and beating !!!

http://www.hindustantimes.com/busin...o-3-7-lowest-since-1992/Article1-1114085.aspx

ANYWAYS TO COME OUT OF GLOOM AND LAUGH A BIT.....................I PRESENT U THE PHILOSOPHY OF DESIGNING THE INSAS RIFLE

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-05-22/nagpur/29570782_1_556mm-assault-rifles-insas

While Government tacitly blames Lehman crisis for the overshoot in CAD in 2008 ....real story is different .

Government simply let its purses loose for pre-election year ....the launch of MNREGA had deleterious effect on CAD even before International financial crisis took place !

Farmer Loan Waiver and MNERGA both are to blame for the start of economic crisis ....since 2007-08 !

3.7 ? i was expecting it to go negative with all the bad news....

3.7% is a major disaster ....
I do not believe it will drop so low ....
But given pessimism around ....anything is possible !

We will have to endure it all till next elections !

Do not see how low the makets and Indian economy is going to touch ?

Markets have already lost more than 11 lack crore rupees in ongoing market- bloodbath !

@Dillinger, @Star Wars, @sardar1987 Please read following insightful article

Why is Indian economy sinking? 5 glaring mistakes

http://www.rediff.com/business/slid...onomy-sinking-5-glaring-mistakes/20130809.htm

Markets have already lost more than 11 lack crore rupees in ongoing market- bloodbath !

Please read following insightful article

Why is Indian economy sinking? 5 glaring mistakes - Rediff.com Business

And just a week before when i was arguing against rafale and said it won't be signed in current year ppl were going after me

Now what??

Can we afford rafale,pakfa,tejas mk 1 and 2 at once??

Why is Indian economy sinking? 5 glaring mistakes - Rediff.com Business

A nice read .

So it looks like the entire mess up of the economy is due to bad decisions taken by our policy makers .

@ Dillinger, @ Star Wars, @ sardar1987 Please read following insightful article

Buddy , when you mention someone don't put space in between @ and name .

lets stop this pessimism and doom gloom , we know nothing is going to happen till elections..so lets just shut up

A nice read .

So it looks like the entire mess up of the economy is due to bad decisions taken by our policy makers .

Buddy , when you mention someone don't put space in between @ and name .

Thanks for correction ! I will take care henceforth.

Indeed the Economic mismanagement is PM's legacy

But what surprises me is how an astute economist like Man Mohan Singh could lead to this kind of mess up ?

We know that MMS was PM for name-sake ....and Sonia always held de-facto power ....

Food Security Bill was staunchly opposed by MMS team including Chidambaram and Sharad Powar ....but they all were overwhelmed by Sonia Gandhi's clout and persistence....

What is dangerous that PM not only just catapulted to Sonia Gandhi's populist projects ...in the process he subjugated highest office in country to extra constituitional power centre ....but in addition to that he simply sacrificed economy of India .

History will never forgive MMS ....

He was deemed as father of economic reforms ...and he himself has killed the economy in its infancy !!!

Team Modi is working on a plan to inflict maximum damage on high-profile Congressmen.

Among the I-want-to-be-PM-so-baaaad's targets is Manish Tewari, he of I-want-all-journalists-to-be-qualified fame.

Dunno why Narendra Modi dislikes the garrulous Tewari so much, but his aides are in touch with Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy CM Sukhbir SB to ensure that Tiwari does not get re-elected from the Ludhiana Lok Sabha seat.

Sunny Deol is likely to be pitted against Tiwari in Ludhiana. Sunny's pa, Punjab Da Puttar, the one and only Dharamji, was a BJP MP not so long ago.

How Sunny -- whose quiet private persona is very different from his Main tere khoona piyoonga screen image -- will do in politics is puzzling.

Another Congress MP whom Team Modi has its sights on is Ajay Maken.

Modi wants Sushma Swaraj to move from her Vidisha, Madhya Pradesh, Lok Sabha seat, to take on Maken in the New Delhi parliamentary constituency.

Will Team Mody succeed in inducting former Army general VK Singh into BJP to pit against Sonia Gandhi ?

Will former army chief General Vijay Kumar Singh pledge his allegiance to the Bharatiya Janata Party in the 2014 Lok Sabha election?

A likely indicator came when the retired general spoke at an event hosted by the Overseas Friends of Bharatiya Janata Party in New Jersey last Friday.

The OFBJP is the BJP's associate in the United States.

Targeting the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance, General Singh told the OFBJP event: 'If it (the BJP) wants to be different, it has to create its image as such.'

'I do not belong to any political party, but I am ready to work with people who put the Nation First and who want to do good to the country.'

General Singh -- who had an uneasy relationship with the UPA government during his tenure as army chief -- has been spoken of as a BJP-supported candidate against a member of the First Family, likely Congress President Sonia Gandhi if she indeed contests the next general election from Rae Bareli.

But Sonia could retire from electoral politics next year, and the general may well confront the formidable Priyanka Vadra in the Pehela Parivar's Lok Sabha bastion

Team Modi is working on a plan to inflict maximum damage on high-profile Congressmen.

Among the I-want-to-be-PM-so-baaaad's targets is Manish Tewari, he of I-want-all-journalists-to-be-qualified fame.

Dunno why Narendra Modi dislikes the garrulous Tewari so much, but his aides are in touch with Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy CM Sukhbir SB to ensure that Tiwari does not get re-elected from the Ludhiana Lok Sabha seat.

Sunny Deol is likely to be pitted against Tiwari in Ludhiana. Sunny's pa, Punjab Da Puttar, the one and only Dharamji, was a BJP MP not so long ago.

How Sunny -- whose quiet private persona is very different from his Main tere khoona piyoonga screen image -- will do in politics is puzzling.

Another Congress MP whom Team Modi has its sights on is Ajay Maken.

Modi wants Sushma Swaraj to move from her Vidisha, Madhya Pradesh, Lok Sabha seat, to take on Maken in the New Delhi parliamentary constituency.

Will Team Mody succeed in inducting former Army general VK Singh into BJP to pit against Sonia Gandhi ?

Will former army chief General Vijay Kumar Singh pledge his allegiance to the Bharatiya Janata Party in the 2014 Lok Sabha election?

A likely indicator came when the retired general spoke at an event hosted by the Overseas Friends of Bharatiya Janata Party in New Jersey last Friday.

The OFBJP is the BJP's associate in the United States.

Targeting the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance, General Singh told the OFBJP event: 'If it (the BJP) wants to be different, it has to create its image as such.'

'I do not belong to any political party, but I am ready to work with people who put the Nation First and who want to do good to the country.'

General Singh -- who had an uneasy relationship with the UPA government during his tenure as army chief -- has been spoken of as a BJP-supported candidate against a member of the First Family, likely Congress President Sonia Gandhi if she indeed contests the next general election from Rae Bareli.

But Sonia could retire from electoral politics next year, and the general may well confront the formidable Priyanka Vadra in the Pehela Parivar's Lok Sabha bastion

I know it is very unlikely but giving VK Singh the role of Defence minister would be AWESOME or anyone from a defence background really but especially VK Singh who pushed hard for modernisation initially.

Back
Top Bottom