What's new

2011 cricket World Cup moving out of India: Reports

zaki there are threats to foreign players in India no doubt.

think instead of getting emotional it will better to consider all options by Indians. Because any attack even a botched one on foreign players or venue of Common Wealth Games and Circket world Cup can ruin sports there for a long time to come.

exactly........ thats what i was saying in the morning that even a minor attack on any sports team will ensure good bye to Sports in South Asia.

Even if the Indian police takes appropriate action and kill the terrorists but still it will be a simple good bye to all of the sports in the whole region

If India is wise, it should not take risk of hosting too many cups at the same time....... (thats my opinion only and others are welcome to disagree)

Whoever wants to pull out of IPL for security reasons are free to do so. If they are not satisfied with the security provided for IPL, they can pull out.

India contributes more than 80% revenue to world cricket. If world cup moved out of India, I have no issue. We are not going to lose anything. BCCI is the richest board of the world. So it can absorb the financial loss. But the broadcasters will drag ICC to court and also ICC has to pay huge money to BCCI as compensation. In this case ICC will be the looser.

Whoever wants to pull out of IPL for security reasons are free to do so. If they are not satisfied with the security provided for IPL, they can pull out.

India contributes more than 80% revenue to world cricket. If world cup moved out of India, I have no issue. We are not going to lose anything. BCCI is the richest board of the world. So it can absorb the financial loss. But the broadcasters will drag ICC to court and also ICC has to pay huge money to BCCI as compensation. In this case ICC will be the looser.

Please prove it from non-indian source

Thanks

If India is wise, it should not take risk of hosting too many cups at the same time....... (thats my opinion only and others are welcome to disagree)

Well....the decision to organise these events are taken in advance. BTW, we can not evade resposibility just because some morons come up and vomit something.

^^^

Pakistan World Cup squad happy with Delhi security

Also no unnamed sources etc. etc.
The security was previewed by Pakistani officials and was okeyed by them. So this all new-found concern seems to be a part of domestic consumption.

:) and since when you have started Pakistani view as authority.

Lolzz its good that we have come to your solace.

As far as domestic consumption i tell you we Pakistanis have more things to do then taking interests if world cup is being played in India or not.

Rather the masses here in Pakistan would like to see the World Cup being played in India rather than Australia and Kiwi's land where they abuse the Asians by calling Koolies and pakis.

SO relex we Pakistanis are with great sportsmanship:pakistan:

Pakistani hockey team manager is just pissed off...because he is not getting a VIP treatement......he wants all trafffic to stop when Pakistani players are on hthe move....wants a VIP level securiry vehicle all around the bus......someone needs to tell him.....relax buddy you are important and you will be taken care of... the Indian way.

Well....the decision to organise these events are taken in advance. BTW, we can not evade resposibility just because some morons come up and vomit something.

if god forbid even minor incident takes place

you will know my answer by yourself

Pakistani hockey team manager is just pissed off...because he is not getting a VIP treatement......he wants all trafffic to stop when Pakistani players are on hthe move....wants a VIP level securiry vehicle all around the bus......someone needs to tell him.....relax buddy you are important and you will be taken care of... the Indian way.

haha that was a good joke :rofl:

If he is expecting any VIP treatement from Indians who's own Hockey team has refused to play because their salaries are sooooooo low to shamful level then indeed our Pakistani manager doesnt know the fact about Indian way :P

Please prove it from non-indian source

Thanks

Here is a tip of the iceborg. IPL income in its first year. FYI, IPL is held for 40 odd days and is a domestic tournament. Compare it with any domestic cricket tournament world over.

Source1

The IPL declared a gross income of Rs 645 crore in its inaugural year and a profit of Rs 51 crore after handing over the dues to the franchises and the state associations.

This source compares IPL with EPL. But you can disagree.

:) and since when you have started Pakistani view as authority.

Lolzz its good that we have come to your solace.

As far as domestic consumption i tell you we Pakistanis have more things to do then taking interests if world cup is being played in India or not.

Rather the masses here in Pakistan would like to see the World Cup being played in India rather than Australia and Kiwi's land where they abuse the Asians by calling Koolies and pakis.

SO relex we Pakistanis are with great sportsmanship:pakistan:

This is what you came up with!! :tsk:

My point was that Pakistani officials were satisfied by the security measure taken by India. Do you want to know the other's views? Some of members have already posted Indian opinions and updates.

This is what you came up with!! :tsk:

My point was that Pakistani officials were satisfied by the security measure taken by India. Do you want to know the other's views? Some of members have already posted Indian opinions and updates.

The BS post of blueoval deserved this same reply :)

Here is a tip of the iceborg. IPL income in its first year. FYI, IPL is held for 40 odd days and is a domestic tournament. Compare it with any domestic cricket tournament world over.

Source1

This source compares IPL with EPL. But you can disagree.

The first link u gave me isn't working on my laptop

second link is a blog so i did not bother of opening it

and where does it say India contributes more than 80% of revenue?

also bear in mind: One test, Pakistan vs England in 2005 cost PCB 5 million dollars after the controversy........ and that was on 4th or 5th Day.......... so just think how much India need to contribute to make it 80%

naaa i am neither happy nor sad after these news

i don't really care about IPL and about WC........... i don't really care about that either

i was just saying...... ke security concerns ho rahay hain and that is a very bad sign for India...... just like what happened in Pakistan...... one minor incident can strip off WC rights from whole of South Asia

So just beware :smitten:

Appritiate your concerns:cheers:

But see what lalit modi said.

"The heavens aren't going to fall if that happens.This is an Indian tournament; we have the key Indian players and only a few international players.
"

"We have no worries at all. You have to understand that the market for us is India. "The tournament is a huge success - we have a huge credibility, we have the top 200 players in the world. It's not only dependent on foreign players, although they are part of it, Modi said.
http://indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=209523

I can agree with you for WC but not for IPL.if we not want nobody can force us to arrange IPL in overseaze(Last time it was in SA because there was a general election in india and GOI did't allow nothing else ).:wave:

IPL is an indian domestic tournament for indian and most of the players are indian..Foreign players are like Item songs in it.if item song will not be there as Lolit modi said "The heavens aren't going to fall if that happens.":P

And australia and NZ are playing polities just to take WC.but don't forget 70-90% of ICC revenu BCCI gives.here no body can force us if we not want.r u forget SA ball temparing issue(when 5 indian member was accussed.almost ICC was divided in 2 parts.)???:bounce:

if for god shake there is another terror stike happens in india then at the most WC,or 1-2 austrelia,NZ tour will not in india only.nothing else.(BUt then they also had to take prize for this and they know it very well.):D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom