What's new

19th SAARC Conference in Islamabad 2016-News and Updates

The level of hostility and the refusal for cooperation in facilitating trade and commercial activities by itself was creating a problem even when summits wee being held.

What is relevant, is the question, is SAARC over?

Pak-Afghan successful negotiations have resulted in opening of Angor Adda route today in Waziristan Pakistan ;)

That is more important to Afghans then sending dry fruits to India and buy Bollywood movies

The level of hostility and the refusal for cooperation in facilitating trade and commercial activities by itself was creating a problem even when summits wee being held.

By the dirty games we(members of SAARC) are playing against each other, why we made this organization at first place?
Russia and america can agree on many things, but, Pakistan and India..? We would rather die than to accept each other.

India and its cronies at the moment. Yes we are so humiliated that this awesome super cool gang has boycotted us.

Instagram-c52dbc.png

Meanwhile in the real world, "isolated" and "humiliated" Pakistan is hanging out with these guys:

SAARC ain't anything.
I'm more interested to see what happens on Indus Water Treaty front.
I don't have data of trade between Pakistan and SAARC nations (minus India), but have a feeling it isn't much. So such kind of diplomatic steps won't be of much consequence.

Where's the "humiliation"?! I call the thread title misleading....

True, but when pakistan even cannot get these minions........

You are partially correct about the attitude but pakistan cannot separate trade from politics , India wont separate sports from politics it ends up becoming a dysfunctional organization. Irony is that South asian countries trust phoren ppl/info than from their region.

These minions are hurting their own self :)

SAARC ain't anything.
I'm more interested to see what happens on Indus Water Treaty front.
I don't have data of trade between Pakistan and SAARC nations (minus India), but have a feeling it isn't much. So such kind of diplomatic steps won't be of much consequence.

Such steps are destroying regional integrity.

It seems India does not want small South Asian countries to have a strong linkage

SAARC is not over. India is boycotting because the summit is in Pakistan and Afghan, Bangla, Bhutanese are showing solidarity with India.

In the next SAARC summit(the one which will not be in Pakistan) all these countries won't object in attending, then Pakistan can boycott that summit. A win win for everyone.:enjoy:

@anant_s

You are right that these are symbolic steps, and neither significant nor of any value worth the trouble. But I found this piece in Guardian being of some minute significance. Such a perception has quite a forceful impact on a diplomatic level if picked up by a number of publications. Afterall, media does shape the public perception, which can, at times influence the reader and general public of the respective nations.

No no no

Not Bhutan!!!!!

Or near enough failed, starving Afghanistan

Or so far up india's backside bangles

Or our mortal enemy india

How will we survive without the pitiful levels of commerce and trade we have with these people

Oh well we will just have to keep going with relations outside SAARC with China, Turkey, GCC, Russia and the like

Back
Top Bottom