What's new

1971 war: Hasina expresses gratitude to India

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I don't think that Muhammad Ali Jinnah and Muhammad Iqbal really had today's Bangladesh in their 'Pakistan' plan, apart from the religion, there were too many differences.

This is the key reason why Pakistan and Bangladesh could not remain joined together. Culturally there is not much in common between any particular ethnic group in Pakistan and a Bangladeshi. Anyways they have their own country and we have ours, lets just hope for peace!

yes its time to move on. Pakistan should have nothing to do with BD..
At the same time BD politicians should avoid making inconsiderate and provocative comments.
But its good that GOP has always been indifferent towards whatever BD says.
1971 was a hate fueled war from brainwashed mukti bahini.....Pak army was fighting gurellas.they had much more chances of making an error of judgement and harming a non violent civilian than a mukti bahini...but on the other hand mukti bahini were fighting a uniformed army..all the civilian killinvs lootings and rales from them were not in error but deliberate.
But its time to forget all that including Bangladesh in its present form or any form.

Many US soldiers died in many wars too, like in Iraq.

India only exploited. They helped 13 days when most of the roads, culverts and so on were destroyed to block Pak Army.

Mukti did not have hardware to prevent Pakistani army from restocking. Neither did they have proper guns and artillery to bring this war to its logical conclusion. It was India which came to your rescue not the rest of the world. Bengal was going through one of the worst famines in history at that time. Still they accommodated millions of refugees with food and shelter. We all saw and read the news about the atrocities committed on your people. Refugees were pouring in day and night. It was nightmare revisited. It was a big drain on our exchequer and resources. One of the biggest contribution was that Indira Gandhi went on a world tour to mobilize support for your cause. She got the world powers USA and Russia to not interfere in case of ensuing war. So, please do not belittle the soldiers even if it was a limited war. Nobody is denying the contributions of mukti bahini and their role in ensuing this victory. Every soldier is somebody's son or daughter.Give respect to fallen soldiers that their death was not in vain.

Your country is not 100 pure. You are better off without Bangladesh because you have to deal with less Bharti Dalals like Awami Bhart Nawaz league. We Bangladeshis are fighting to preserve our Islamic culture against Awami dalal league and their soul master Bharat.

You are really lucky when comes to Islam and it's culture. We are not so lucky.

A person sitting in US trying to preserve Islamic culture ....lol

EPIC FAIL !!!

it seems like Bangladeshis have habit of not showing gratitude to one who help them. many say mukhti bahini did all, Bangladeshis did all, but who helped u guys, who provided shelter to millions of refugees, who provided weapons for fighting or they just came from sky or sea??????? if u do not want to show gratitude bcoz of hatred towards india then ok don't do that but at-least do not ignore Indian efforts in formation of B.D.

OMG! You must be joking!

No i was just trying to tell the truth. . In Little bit exaggerated manner though.. Lets avoid the topic... I just wrote what i see around myself.. .

God bless BSF....... Keep up the good work guys...... i bet some bangladeshi will built a statue for u guys too...

We all know how mukti bhani terrorists were created............ Indian proxy........ And the traitors got used.

God bless you people, minus the BSF.
Living a life just filled with propaganda and
blaming others for ones own fault does not look at all patriotic to me.

Seems the institution still runs the show. Try to think out of the box
and look into the horizon once in a while, it has so many shades of red and green.

i been to chittagong once. i visited singapore market and used to dine in a restaurant on 'lub lane'?
visited a shrine i think was shah.ruk ne alam.
it was in 1998 and i lived there for two months until the moonsoon came and the air was tol himid for my comfort and i left. Actualli i quite liked it there. My unvle was killed by one of theirs in 1971 but looking at the bengalis i met. i was baffled. i couldnt comprehendvwhat got into them in 1971 and how could people this humble and nice commit such horrendous war crimes and attrocities.
to be honest this experience made me further paranoid. if people this nice can turn into murderers by foreign support and encouragement...they cant bectrusted as nation....
as people i.am their fan...as country and as a nation.i wont trust them for anything.

---------------------------------not interested-----------------------------------------------------------

^^although its a circular argument...same as chicken was first or egg....who done what first and what followed..the blame game can continue for ever......for these reasons 1971 was good riddence for both Pakistan and Bangladesh..and in that context i have to say thanks india for making it quick.
i am inclined to defend pak army because they were fighting a non uniformed enemy which was very hard to identify among masses and there were great chances of error but mukti bahini was fighting an obvious uniformed identifiable army and there was no chance of error. unlike pak army them killing pro pakistani civilians were deliberate murders.

Mukti did not have hardware to prevent Pakistani army from restocking. Neither did they have proper guns and artillery to bring this war to its logical conclusion. It was India which came to your rescue not the rest of the world. Bengal was going through one of the worst famines in history at that time. Still they accommodated millions of refugees with food and shelter. We all saw and read the news about the atrocities committed on your people. Refugees were pouring in day and night. It was nightmare revisited. It was a big drain on our exchequer and resources. One of the biggest contribution was that Indira Gandhi went on a world tour to mobilize support for your cause. She got the world powers USA and Russia to not interfere in case of ensuing war. So, please do not belittle the soldiers even if it was a limited war. Nobody is denying the contributions of mukti bahini and their role in ensuing this victory. Every soldier is somebody's son or daughter.Give respect to fallen soldiers that their death was not in vain.

i dont know why india cries inflitration in kashmir nowadays? its india who started it in bd and pakistan hav full right to infiltrate in to kashmir and assam and give them support what iduia did in bd.this is wat i call double standareds if u done someting then be prepared for the same

i dont know why india cries inflitration in kashmir nowadays? its india who started it in bd and pakistan hav full right to infiltrate in to kashmir and assam and give them support what iduia did in bd.this is wat i call double standareds if u done someting then be prepared for the same

double standards? :woot:

What is happening in Pak Kashmir or Balouchistan then?

lol u love freedom for bd but u dont love freedom for kashmir or assam? if u infiltarted bd then be prepared for infil in kashmir and assam.and wat happened to balochistan? or pak kashmir?do u see any demo or shutter down strikes like in kashmir and assam against indian rule? if you say infil of mukhti was goiod in bd then LeT is doin a good job in kashmir and all terrorism in india is justified and pakistan should support it and help the rebels in all seperatists movments in all the states.
WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

There is a difference.India did not train Bangladeshi people on its territory to fight there.The uprising was rather quick,and within an year it was over.there was no scope for any training camps unlike the case of Kashmir.Obviously Indian agents were there,but then we already had a war at 1965,and none can accuse us for being cautious.
What was happening in Kashmir until recently,was employment of terrorism as state policy,and the terrorists directly attacked civilians.Nothing of that sort happened in East Pakistan.Even if you compare mukti bahini with the terrorists in Kashmir,still then,the mukti bahini was more in to fighting the Pakistani army than anything else.
Besides,the war was stared by Pakistan on the Eastern front with PAF attacking Agartala airbase,not India.

elections in pak kashmir and buget in balochistan lol with every party taking part in election in kashmir not like india omer abdullah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom