What's new

16th December 1971: From East Pakistan to Bangladesh

Pakistani men loved Bengali women. Army officers and other well-to-do west pakistanis frequently took them as wives. I've met few of them as a child. Of course they are all older than 70 now and out of public life.
Likewise,we also loved and admired the beauty and nature of our Pakistani ladies, the first girl that I had a crush upon hailed from the NWFP, a teenage puppy love, unfortunately came 1971, threw a spanner in our life, I fled home, armed, to do my part of our patriotic duty, still recall her after 45 years whenever I cross her former residence, a nostalgic feeling churns within me.

Likewise,we also loved and admired the beauty and nature of our Pakistani ladies, the first girl that I had a crush upon hailed from the NWFP, a teenage puppy love, unfortunately came 1971, threw a spanner in our life, I fled home, armed, to do my part of our patriotic duty, still recall her after 45 years whenever I cross her former residence, a nostalgic feeling churns within me.
:o: are you that old ?

In my Mid teens during 1971, at that's the age a male youths are krazy for such kind of stupid adventurism.

Last edited:
স্বাধীনতার মাসে দুই বাঘা বাঘের হুংকার-এই তারা বীর প্রতীক ও বীর বিক্রম

Published on Mar 29, 2017
New Bangla Talk- show: স্বাধীনতার মাসে দুই বাঘা বাঘের হুংকার-এই তারা বীর প্রতীক ও বীর বিক্রম

Bangladesh war: The article that changed history
By Mark DummettBBC News
  • 16 December 2011
    _57359640_mascarenhas_genocide464.jpg

On 13 June 1971, an article in the UK's Sunday Times exposed the brutality of Pakistan's suppression of the Bangladeshi uprising. It forced the reporter's family into hiding and changed history.

Abdul Bari had run out of luck. Like thousands of other people in East Bengal, he had made the mistake - the fatal mistake - of running within sight of a Pakistani patrol. He was 24 years old, a slight man surrounded by soldiers. He was trembling because he was about to be shot.

So starts one of the most influential pieces of South Asian journalism of the past half century.

Written by Anthony Mascarenhas, a Pakistani reporter, and printed in the UK's Sunday Times, it exposed for the first time the scale of the Pakistan army's brutal campaign to suppress its breakaway eastern province in 1971.

Nobody knows exactly how many people were killed, but certainly a huge number of people lost their lives. Independent researchers think that between 300,000 and 500,000 died. The Bangladesh government puts the figure at three million.

The strategy failed, and Bangladeshis are now celebrating the 40th anniversary of the birth of their country. Meanwhile, the first trial of those accused of committing war crimes has recently begun in Dhaka.

Foreign journalists had already been expelled, and Pakistan was also keen to publicise atrocities committed by the other side. Awami League supporters had massacred tens of thousands of civilians whose loyalty they suspected, a war crime that is still denied by many today in Bangladesh.

Eight journalists, including Mascarenhas, were given a 10-day tour of the province. When they returned home, seven of them duly wrote what they were told to.

But one of them refused.

Yvonne Mascarenhas remembers him coming back distraught: "I'd never seen my husband looking in such a state. He was absolutely shocked, stressed, upset and terribly emotional," she says, speaking from her home in west London.

"He told me that if he couldn't write the story of what he'd seen he'd never be able to write another word again."

Clearly it would not be possible to do so in Pakistan. All newspaper articles were checked by the military censor, and Mascarenhas told his wife he was certain he would be shot if he tried.

Pretending he was visiting his sick sister, Mascarenhas then travelled to London, where he headed straight to the Sunday Times and the editor's office.

_57359444_013349237-1.jpg

Image captionIndians and Bengali guerrillas fought in support of East Pakistan
Evans remembers him in that meeting as having "the bearing of a military man, square-set and moustached, but appealing, almost soulful eyes and an air of profound melancholy".

"He'd been shocked by the Bengali outrages in March, but he maintained that what the army was doing was altogether worse and on a grander scale," Evans wrote.

Mascarenhas told him he had been an eyewitness to a huge, systematic killing spree, and had heard army officers describe the killings as a "final solution".

Evans promised to run the story, but first Yvonne and the children had to escape Karachi.

They had agreed that the signal for them to start preparing for this was a telegram from Mascarenhas saying that "Ann's operation was successful".

Yvonne remembers receiving the message at three the next morning. "I heard the telegram man bang at my window and I woke up my sons and I was: 'Oh my gosh, we have to go to London.' It was terrifying. I had to leave everything behind.

"We could only take one suitcase each. We were crying so much it was like a funeral," she says.

To avoid suspicion, Mascarenhas had to return to Pakistan before his family could leave. But as Pakistanis were only allowed one foreign flight a year, he then had to sneak out of the country by himself, crossing by land into Afghanistan.

The day after the family was reunited in their new home in London, the Sunday Times published his article, under the headline "Genocide".

'Betrayal'
It is such a powerful piece of reporting because Mascarenhas was clearly so well trusted by the Pakistani officers he spent time with.

I have witnessed the brutality of 'kill and burn missions' as the army units, after clearing out the rebels, pursued the pogrom in the towns and villages.

I have seen whole villages devastated by 'punitive action'.

And in the officer's mess at night I have listened incredulously as otherwise brave and honourable men proudly chewed over the day's kill.

'How many did you get?' The answers are seared in my memory.

This was one of the most significant articles written on the war
Mofidul Huq, Liberation War Museum

His article was - from Pakistan's point of view - a huge betrayal and he was accused of being an enemy agent. It still denies its forces were behind such atrocities as those described by Mascarenhas, and blames Indian propaganda.

However, he still maintained excellent contacts there, and in 1979 became the first journalist to reveal that Pakistan had developed nuclear weapons.

In Bangladesh, of course, he is remembered more fondly, and his article is still displayed in the country's Liberation War Museum.

"This was one of the most significant articles written on the war. It came out when our country was cut off, and helped inform the world of what was going on here," says Mofidul Huq, a trustee of the museum.

His family, meanwhile, settled into life in a new and colder country.

"People were so serious in London and nobody ever talked to us," Yvonne Mascarenhas remembers. "We were used to happy, smiley faces, it was all a bit of a change for us after Karachi. But we never regretted it."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-16207201

When BBC error helped India in 1971 war
PRASUN SONWALKAR/ HINDUSTAN TIMES• JUL 27, 2016

LONDON: Major Gen (retired) Ian Cardozo, a hero of the 1971 war that led to the creation of Bangladesh, paid tribute to BBC’s coverage of the hostilities on Monday but recalled its one mistake that benefited India in taking on numerically superior Pakistani forces.

At the time, Cardozo was a major in a 5 Gorkha Rifles battalion, comprising about 750 soldiers, that was tasked with capturing Atgram near Sylhet.

It was short of artillery and food supplies, but ultimately managed the surrender of two Pakistan Army brigades, including three brigadiers, a colonel, 107 officers, 219 JCOs and 7,000 troops in one of the most incredible successes of the war.

Speaking at a book release event here, he said: “Today I would like to use this platform to pay tributes to the BBC. They were the only reliable broadcasting station at that time, giving news as it happened. The Indian Army had nothing to hide, so the British war correspondents were going along with our troops.

“They were reporting minute-to-minute the progress of the battle. But they made a mistake. They announced that a ‘brigade’ of Gurkhas had landed at Sylhet. We heard it, as well as the Pakistanis. So we decided to pretend that we were a brigade.”

Taking advantage of the misinformation, Cardozo’s battalion built on small victories and created a situation where the Pakistani troops offered to surrender on December 15, 1971. Until it happened, Cardozo and others believed a Pakistani brigade was in the area, but they were surprised to discover the final number was more than twice the strength of a brigade.

One of the most decorated officers of the Indian Army, Cardozo recalled the vital operation to capture Sylhet during a packed invitation-only event to celebrate the life of Lt Gen FN Bilimoria, former head of the central command and father of Karan Bilimoria, a member of the House of Lords.

Cardozo, a contemporary of Lt Gen Bilimoria, penned the book ”Lieutenant General Bilimoria: His Life and Times”, which was recently presented to Indian Army chief Gen Dalbir Singh in New Delhi.

The book release event here was attended by leading lights of the British Army, including former chief of general staff, Field Marshal John Chapple, and several Bangladesh citizens, who became emotional on meeting the man who played a defining role in their country’s formation.

One Bangladeshi member of the audience thanked Cardozo for the "great job you have done for us". Cardozo is expected to receive an enthusiastic reception at the Bangladesh high commission here on Tuesday.

Answering questions, Cardozo said calmly but firmly: “I do not like to use this platform to denigrate Pakistan. I think everybody knows what they are up to, what they have been up to and what they continue to do. I don’t have to elaborate.

“But India believes in peace, people, progress, development, not in war. But if war is forced upon us, as it was in 1965, in 1971 and in Kargil, we were the victors in every war,” he added to much applause.

Retired British Army officers recalled their interaction with Lt Gen Bilimoria, who was the Indian Army’s liaison officer in the School of Infantry in Warminster in the 1970s. A popular soldier, he saw action in the 1971 war and held several key posts, including GOC of the central command. Karan Bilimoria recalled the values passed on to him by his father, who died at the age of 72 in 2005.

Cardozo's remarkable military career saw him losing a leg when he stepped on a landmine in the 1971 war. He cut off his mangled leg with his own khukri and told his Gurkha batman: "Now go and bury it."

Determined not to let the disability affect his career as a soldier, he later became the first disabled officer in the Indian Army to command an infantry brigade. He has penned books on war heroes and the sinking of INS Khukri in the 1971 war.

https://kashmirobserver.net/2016/world-news/when-bbc-error-helped-india-1971-war-8883

BDforever
ELITE MEMBER
General.jpg

listen to this (with subtitles).
It is recognized as one of greatest speech in 20th century.

NB London
Review of the book - Battle of Sylhet.

The book “Battle of Sylhet” written by me is the collection of few reflections of valiant fighters of both Allied Forces (Mitro Bahini composed of Mukti Bahini and Indian Army) and Pakistan Army during the glorious Liberation War of Bangladesh. The book is based mostly on oral narration of the fighters who actively took part in the war. Here, I have incorporated the narration of Mukti Bahini member and the warriors of both Indian Army and Pakistan Army.

While writing some of the pertaining figure also came in my book as Battle of Sylhet was not an isolated one but an overall part of the Liberation war of Bangladesh. This will be an interesting read for those who are keen to know about the history and the glorious contribution made by civilians and soldiers to liberate Bangladesh. We would remain grateful to those who sacrificed their lives and suffered injury for the cause of the birth of a nation called Bangladesh.

The book would reflect on Lt Gen Faridoon Bilimoria who was stationed at Bogra during the time of war and fought the war as commanding officer. Lt Gen Bilimoria (endearingly called Billy by his friends) joined in 1949 the 2nd Course in the Joint Services Wing- a forerunner of the National Defence Academy in Dehra Dun and to the Indian Military Academy. He was not even 20 when he was commissioned into the 2nd Battalion of the 5th Gorkha Rifles. This battalion “Second Five” was also known as “VC Battalion” as three of its soldiers had own Victoria Cross during WWII, the highest gallantry award in the then British Empire. Billy joined the “Second Five” when two of the proud recipients were in this unit and eventually both the VC winners became Milly’s mentors; Billy was a great learner and these two helped him further hone all the skills needed in commanding troops. He truly epitomized the Chet ode Credo, “The safety, Honour and Welfare…. Always and Every time”. He died at age 72 on 31 August 2005.

Bilimoria left behind his wife Yasmin and two sons Karan and Nadir. Karan is a successful entrepreneur, the youngest and the first Parsi to enter the portals of the House of Lords and Nadir is in publishing business. Yasmin Bilimoria lives in Dehra Dun’s upscale Vasant Vihar with her younger son Nadir.
The book also reflects on Maj Gen Ian Cardozo who as a young Maj was wounded in the battle of Sylhet. He lost his leg in a landmine blast, but conquered his disability and went became the first disabled officer in the Indian Army to command an infantry battalion and then a brigade. Due to his courage and commitment his fellow soldiers addressed him as “carto’s sahib (in Hindi, ‘cartridge’). During the war he stepped on a landmine and had to cut off his badly wounded leg with his own khurki (knife). Later on, he was operated by a Pakistani surgeon, Maj Mohamed Basheer.

Glimpses of the Battle of Atgram and Battle of Sylhet are also highlighted in this book.
The Battle of Atgram , fought on 21 November 1971 between 5 Gorkha Rifles of the Indian Army and 31st Punjab Regiment of the Pakistan Army, was one of the first large-scale military engagement preceding the formal initiation of hostilities in the Indo-Pak War of 1971.

The Battle of Sylhet was a major battle fought between the advancing Allied forces and the Pakistani defences at Sylhet during the Liberation War of Bangladesh. The battle took place from 7 December to 15 December 1971 and witnessed first ever heliborne operation by Indian Army.

Syed Muhammad Ibrahim
g_kf1vXYV_O.png

ইন্না লিল্লাহে ওয়া ইন্না ইলাইহে রাজেউন।
সহযোদ্ধা , সেনা-সহপাঠী-র চির বিদায়।
হৃদয় ভারাক্রান্ত । শোকাহত ।
হানাদার বাহিনীর ত্রাস
নয় নম্বর সেক্টর -- সুন্দরবন সাবসেক্টর কমান্ডার।
PMA Kakul 24 War Course 1970 ,
মেজর জিয়া উদ্দিন । Major Ziauddin
ইন্তিকাল করেছেন, আজ ২৮-৭-১৭ সকালে ---- সিংগাপুর-এ চিকিৎসারত অবস্থায়।

MAJ ZIA.jpg

Hafiz Uddin Ahmad Inna Lillahe...........He was a FF who always maintained close touch with common people. Our Lib War transformed quite a few young mil officers into Revolutionaries, Ziauddin was one of them. He was a Marxist and put in sincere efforts to achieve emancipation of down trodden people through armed struggle (rightly or wrongly ! ). His party JSD failed to live up to peoples' expectations due to many practical shortcomings. In the newly Independent country, Time and Space were not in favor of Ziauddins.Yet he may find solace in poet's legendary expression আকাশের বুকে রাখিনাই মোর উড়িবার ইতিহাস ,উড়েছিনু এইটুকু উল্লাস। May Allah grant this brave son of the soil Jannatul Ferdous.

Last edited:
Part # 1
(Copied)

Indian Blue Print and the Mujib Nagar Government

ভারতীয় নীল নকশা এবং মুজিব নগর সরকার

আওয়ামী লীগের অভ্যন্তরীন taking full advantage of the internal divisions and struggle for power within the Awami League ক্ষমতার লড়াই এর পূর্ণ সুযোগ গ্রহণ করে ভারতীয় সরকার এবং গোয়েন্দা সংস্থা ‘র’- Indian Intelligence Agency-RAW implemented the “Divide and Rule policy” ‘ডিভাইড এন্ড রুল’ নীতি প্রয়োগ করে প্রধানমন্ত্রী between the Prime Minister and the Commander in Chief of Bangladesh Armed Forces, lowering the dignity of both এবং সর্বাধিনায়ক দু’জনকেই হেয় করে তোলা হয়।
Suddenly, Mr. Tajuddin was made theতাজুদ্দিনের হঠাৎ করে Prime Minister of the Exiled Government প্রবাসী সরকার গঠন করে প্রধানমন্ত্রী হওয়াটা আওয়ামী লীগের অনেকেই পছন্দ করেনি। তাদের মধ্যে ছিলেন যুব ও ছাত্রনেতাদের অনেকেই। অনেক সাংসদ এবং আওয়ামী লীগের নেতারাও এর প্রত্যক্ষ এবং পরোক্ষ বিরোধিতা করেছিলেন।
Many Awami Leagues did not like the creation of the expatriate government and Tajuddin being made as the Prime Minister. Many of them were young and student leaders including MP's and Awami League leaders also opposed these both, directly and indirectly.

Sheikh Fazlul Haque Moni, Sirajul Alam Khan, Shahjahan Siraj, Nure Alam Siddiqui and Abdul Kuddus Makhan, among others, opposed the move by Tajuddin. Mr. Abdur Rab Serniabat, Sheikh Abdul Aziz, Mansur Ali, Mr. Nazrul Islam and others were instrumental in helping them indirectly.

Regarding, accepting Mr Tajuddin's as the Prime Minister General Arora remarked, "The youths of the Awami League didn't like him." (General Arora's interview given to Nikhil Chakrabarty under the titled “Bangladesh's War Memorial”.)

In general, many young citizens thought that that Sheikh Mujib was not alive. In the absence of Mujibur Rahman, Mr.Tajuddin would not follow Mujib’s influence. If Sheikh Mujib was present, then all the youth and student leaders would have been able to establish their authority in the freedom struggle very easily. However, Tajuddin was viewing their contributions in an indifferent way and was replying to them with on a different tone.
শেখ ফজলুল হক মনি, সিরাজুল আলম খান, শাহ্‌জাহান সিরাজ, নুরে আলম সিদ্দিকী এবং আব্দুল কুদ্দুস মাখন প্রমুখ যুব ও ছাত্রনেতারা সবাই প্রকাশ্যে তাজুদ্দিনের এ পদক্ষেপের বিরোধিতা করেন। তাদের পরোক্ষভাবে মদদ যোগাচ্ছিলেন জনাব আব্দুর রব সেরনিয়াবাত, শেখ আবদুল আজিজ, মনসুর আলী, জনাব নজরুল ইসলাম প্রমুখ।
জনাব তাজুদ্দিনের প্রধানমন্ত্রীত্বের গ্রহণযোগ্যতা সম্পর্কে জেনারেল অরোরার মন্তব্য, “আওয়ামী লীগের যুবনেতারা তাকে পছন্দ করত না।” (বাংলাদেশের যুদ্ধের স্মৃতিচারন শিরোনামে নিখিল চক্রবর্ত্তীকে দেয়া জেনারেল অরোরার সাক্ষাৎকার।)

সাধারণভাবে যুবনেতাদের অনেকেই সেদিন ভেবেছিলেন শেখ মুজিব আর জীবিত নেই। মুজিবর রহমানের অবর্তমানে তাজুদ্দিন তাদের প্রভাবকে তেমন একটা মেনে চলবেন না। শেখ মুজিব কাছে থাকলে এ সমস্ত যুব এবং ছাত্রনেতারা স্বাধীনতা সংগ্রামে তাদের কর্তৃত্ব অতি সহজেই স্থাপন করতে সক্ষম হতেন। কিন্তু তাজুদ্দিন তাদের সাথে অন্য সুরে কথা বলছেন।

তাদের হাতে ক্রিয়াণক হয়ে সংগ্রামের সব নেতৃত্ব তাদের হাতে ছেড়ে দিতে তিনি অস্বীকৃতি জানাচ্ছেন। তাদের সংগ্রামী ভূমিকাকেও ছোট করে দেখছেন জনাব তাজুদ্দিন।

The P.M. was completely ignoring the opinion of the youths and student leaders in leading the Government. Tajuddin's cremation would not be the end, also due to Tajuddin being the Head of Government; their facilities were also being discontinued.

Tajuddin ignored the relatives of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, without giving them proper status as his relatives. Ignoring them was indirectly ignoring Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.

Therefore, at any cost Tajuddin must be removed as the Prime Minister, and pave the path to the youthsto retain power. According to this plan, some youths and student leaders led by Sheikh Moni and Sirajul Alam Khan met with Indian Prime Minister Mrs. Indira Gandhi and told her that she was the only trusted friend of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.

তাজুদ্দিন সরকার পরিচালনায় যুব ও ছাত্রনেতাদের মতামত তিনি সম্পূর্ণ উপেক্ষা করে চলেছেন। তাজুদ্দিনের ধৃষ্টতার শেষ নেই। তিনি সরকার প্রধান থাকার কারণে তাদের সুযোগ-সুবিধাও বন্ধ হয়ে যাচ্ছে। তিনি বঙ্গবন্ধু শেখ মুজিবর রহমানের আত্মীয়-স্বজনকেও যথাযথ মর্যাদা দান না করে তাদের উপেক্ষা করেছেন। তাদের উপেক্ষা করা, পরোক্ষভাবে শেখ মুজিবকেই উপেক্ষা করার সমতুল্য।

Mr. Tajuddin hands were been behind the arrest of Sheikh Mujib in the hands of the Pakistan army. Before his arrest, Sheikh Mujib ordered his followers to wage out the struggle for independence with the help of the Indian government.

Most of the Awami League and the provincial MPs who came from Bangladesh also had not supported Mr. Tajuddin. In this situation, Tajuddin had no right to remain as the Prime Minister. In support of their statement, they handed over a letter to Md. Abdur Rab, the brother-in-law of Mujibur Rahman, addressed to Ms. Indira Gandhi and the letter was presented by Sheikh Kamal, the eldest son of Sheikh Mujib.

They also informed Mrs. Gandhi that if Tajuddin continued as the Prime Minister of an independent Bangladesh, India's interests will be affected as Mr. Tajuddin would not implement Sheikh Mujib's ideology.

In this context, for the interest of the both the parties, they requested Mrs. Gandhi to arrange training for Mujib devotees from Bangladesh and their loyal youth under their leadership. They said that only by developing this kind of power could it be possible to maintain a meaningful relationship between Bangladesh and India, even after Independence. Otherwise, the Awami League government would soon become a victim of the intrigues of anti Indian’s elements from within itself.

Most of the Awami League and the provincial MPs who came from Bangladesh also had not supported Mr. Tajuddin. In this situation, Tajuddin had no right to remain as the Prime Minister. In support of their statement, they handed over a letter to Md. Abdur Rab, the brother-in-law of Mujibur Rahman, addressed to Ms. Indira Gandhi and the letter was presented by Sheikh Kamal, the eldest son of Sheikh Mujib.

They also informed Mrs. Gandhi that if Tajuddin continued as the Prime Minister of an independent Bangladesh, India's interests will be affected as Mr. Tajuddin would not implement Sheikh Mujib's ideology.
অতএব, যে কোন মূল্যে তাজুদ্দিনকে প্রধানমন্ত্রীত্ব থেকে অপসারন করতে হবে। মেতে উঠলেন তারা এক ক্ষমতা লাভের চকক্রান্তে। পরিকল্পনা অনুযায়ী শেখ মনি ও সিরাজুল আলম খানের নেতৃত্বে কয়েকজন যুব ও ছাত্রনেতা দিল্লী গিয়ে ভারতের প্রধানমন্ত্রী শ্রীমতী ইন্দিরা গান্ধীর সঙ্গে দেখা করে তাকে জানান যে তারা শেখ মুজিবর রহমানের অত্যন্ত বিশ্বাসভাজন।

পাক বাহিনীর হাতে শেখ মুজিবের গ্রেফতারের পেছনে জনাব তাজুদ্দিনের হাত রয়েছে। গ্রেফতারের আগে শেখ মুজিব তাদের সে কথা জানিয়ে তাদেরকে ভারত সরকারের সহায়তায় স্বাধীনতার সংগ্রাম পরিচালনা করার নির্দেশ দিয়ে যান।

জনাব তাজুদ্দিনের উপর বাংলাদেশ থেকে আগত বেশিরভাগ আওয়ামী লীগ জাতীয় এবং প্রাদেশিক সাংসদদের সমর্থনও নেই। এ অবস্থায় প্রধানমন্ত্রীত্ব করার কোন অধিকার নেই তাজুদ্দিন সাহেবের। তাদের বক্তব্যের সমর্থনে তারা মুজিবর রহমানের ভগ্নিপতি জনাব আব্দুর রব সেরনিয়াবাতের একটি চিঠি শ্রীমতি ইন্দিরা গান্ধীকে প্রদান করেন এবং শেখ মুজিবের জেষ্ঠ পুত্র শেখ কামালকে তার সম্মুখে উপস্থিত করেন।

তারা শ্রীমতি গান্ধীকে এ কথা বলেও হু্ঁশিয়ার করে দেন যে তাজুদ্দিন যদি স্বাধীন বাংলাদেশের প্রধানমন্ত্রী থাকেন তবে ভারতের স্বার্থও ক্ষতিগ্রস্থ হবে। কারণ জনাব তাজুদ্দিন শেখ মুজিবের নীতি আদর্শ কিছুতেই বাস্তবায়িত করবেন না।

এই পরিপ্রেক্ষিতে দু’পক্ষের স্বার্থে তাদের নেতৃত্বে বাংলাদেশ থেকে আগত মুজিব ভক্ত এবং তাদের অনুগত তরুণদের প্রশিক্ষনের ব্যবস্থা করার জন্য তারা শ্রীমতি গান্ধীর কাছে আবেদন জানান। তারা বলেন, শুধুমাত্র এ ধরণের শক্তি গড়ে তোলার মাধ্যমেই স্বাধীনতা উত্তর বাংলাদেশ এবং বন্ধুরাষ্ট্র ভারতের মধ্যে অর্থবহ সম্পর্ক বজিয়ে রাখা সম্ভব। তা না হলে অচিরেই ভারত বিদ্বেষীদের চক্রান্তের শিকারে পরিণত হবে আওয়ামী লীগ সরকার।

তাদের এ অনুরোধ সাগ্রহে গ্রহণ করেন শ্রীমতি গান্ধী। সুদূর প্রসারী নীল নকশার কথা চিন্তা করেই Divide and Rule নীতির প্রয়োগের জন্য BLF বিএলএফ পরবর্তিতে নাম বদলিয়ে মুজিব বাহিনীর সৃষ্টি করে সেকেন্ড ফ্রন্ট খোলার সিদ্ধান্ত নেয়া হয়। এভাবেই সৃষ্টি করা হয়েছিল বিএলএফ ওরফে মুজিব বাহিনী
Mrs. Gandhi took this request into high consideration, anticipating the far-reaching implications of the Indian blue print, thus, the BLF or Mujib Bahani was created, exclusively for the use of the “Divide and Rule” policy and the decision to open a second front was incorporated by creating the Mujib force. These were the factors behind raising the BLF, commonly known as “Mujib Bahini”.

When this decision was informed to theC in C, Mr. Osmani, in turn informed Mr. Tajuddin, the Prime Minister, Mr. Tajuddin, raised these issues with the Indian government in New Delhi and demanded to redress these issues. However, Mr. Haksar, Mr. D.P Dhar along with Ramnath Rao and General Oban of RAW and General Wan Singh kept silent and avoided Mr. Tajuddin.

Col. Osmani was informed about these new developments, and stated what Mr. Tajuddin said. later everyone concerned came to know the narration from Col. Osmani. In the next phase, Colonel Osmani tried his level best to bring Mujib Bahini under the control of Forces Headquarters of the expatriate Bangladesh government. However, all his efforts were futile. Colonel Osmani was forced to accept the Indian decision to create the BLF or Mujib Bahini.

এ তথ্যগুলোও জনাব ওসমানীকে জান, তিনি সেগুলো জনাব তাজুদ্দিনকে জানান। প্রধানমন্ত্রী জনাব তাজুদ্দিন নাকি এ সমস্ত প্রশ্ন নিয়ে দিল্লীতে ভারত সরকারের সঙ্গে আলোচনা করেন এবং এর প্রতিবিধানের দাবি জানান। কিন্তু জনাব হাকসার, ডিপিধর, ‘র’ Ramnath Rao and General Oban of RAWএর রমানাথ রাও এবং জেনারেল ওবান সিং এ ব্যাপারে তাজুদ্দিনকে এড়িয়ে গিয়ে নিরব থাকেন।
ফিরে এসে কর্নেল ওসমানীকে সে কথাই বলেছিলেন জনাব তাজুদ্দিন। পরে কর্নেল ওসমানীর কাছ থেকে তার ব্যাখ্যা জানতে পারি। পরবর্তী পর্যায়ে মুজিব বাহিনীকে প্রবাসী বাংলাদেশ সরকারের ফোর্সেস হেডকোয়টার্স এর নিয়ন্ত্রণে আনার আপ্রাণ চেষ্টা করেছিলেন কর্নেল ওসমানী। কিন্তু তার কোন চেষ্টাই ফলপ্রসু হয়নি। নিতান্ত অপারগ হয়েই কর্নেল ওসমানীকে বিএলএফ তথা মুজিব বাহিনী সৃষ্টি করার ভারতীয় সিদ্ধান্ত মেনে নিতে হয়।

With the assistance of the Indian intelligence, F.F, Captain Jalil became aware of the secret contacts, which the Indians were maintaining with the other officers of the Eastern Command, located at Fort William.
The Indian government not only controlled the exile government along with the Liberation Army's headquarters but also regulated the freedom struggle and the political progress of Bangladesh; moreover, they were also trying to develop relations with powerful commanders.

Brilliantly, they crafted an incompatible tussle between Tajuddin's and the expatriate government and kept him under severe pressure, thus, forcing him to remain under the Indian control.
On the other hand, in the same manner the C in C of the Mujibnagar government and freedom fighter, Mr. Osmani, was also restricted to exercise his authority. Colonel Osmani was extremely humiliated for these reasons thus, Colonel Osmani was also side tracked. However, his position was firm and clear.

ভারতীয় গোয়েন্দা বাহিনীর সহায়তায় ক্যাপ্টেন জলিলের ফোর্ট উইলিয়ামের পূর্বাঞ্চলীয় হেডকোয়াটার্সের কর্মকর্তাদের সাথে গোপন যোগাযোগ থেকে একটি বিষয় পরিষ্কার হয়ে উঠল।
ভারতীয় সরকার শুধুমাত্র প্রবাসী সরকার এবং মুক্তি বাহিনীর সদর দপ্তরের মাধ্যমেই বাংলাদেশের স্বাধীনতা সংগ্রাম এবং রাজনৈতিক গতিধারাকে নিয়ন্ত্রণ করছিল তা নয়, তারা ক্ষমতাধর কমান্ডারদের সাথেও সম্পর্ক গড়ে তোলার চেষ্টা করছিল।

অত্যন্ত চতুরতার সাথে তারা তাজুদ্দিনের প্রবাসী সরকারের মধ্যে অর্ন্তদ্বন্দ্ব সৃষ্টি করে তাকেও দুর্বল করে চাপের মুখে রাখছিল যাতে তিনি তাদের নিয়ন্ত্রণের মধ্যে থাকতে বাধ্য হন।
অপরদিকে মুজিবনগর সরকার ও মুক্তিযোদ্ধের সর্বাধিনায়ক জনাব ওসমানীর মধ্যেও দ্বন্দ্ব সৃষ্টি করে কর্নেল ওসমানীর ক্ষমতা সীমিত করে রাখা হচিছল একইভাবে। কর্নেল ওসমানীকে সাইড ট্র্যাক করে প্রবাসী সরকার ও ভারতীয় কর্তৃপক্ষের এ ধরণের কার্যকলাপে কর্নেল ওসমানী অতি যুক্তিসঙ্গত কারণেই ভীষণভাবে অপমানিত বোধ করছিলেন। তার বক্তব্য ছিল পরিষ্কার।
The Bengali nation was grateful for the fact that India had agreed to assist us in humanitarian causes according to their statement regarding Bangladesh's independence struggle, just as a good friend.
The glorious liberation struggle was the struggle of the eight crore Bengalis of East Bengal in their own freedom struggle.The FF’S had to organize their struggle in exchange for any kind of sacrifices; the FF’S also had to achieve their national independence, directly under the leadership and responsibilities under the command of the Liberation Army and the exiled Bangladesh government.

Mr. Osmani never compromised on these basic policy issues. There were a lot of debate with the leadership of the then exiled government on these matters. Anyways, most of the leaders of the Awami League and the Constituent Assembly did not support this policy.

While they were busy preparing their own inner power circles.The most bizarre thoughts that were working in almost all of the exiled AL Leaders. Not only were the political leaders but many bureaucrats and opportunist leadership of the freedom struggle was also reflective of the same thoughts. They believed that the as the liberation war has started, these high ups were struggling to protect, the millions of crores of rupees and wealth they had looted from almost all parts of East Pakistan, before fleeing, and stored those wealth in India, as a safe harbor.

ভারত বন্ধুরাষ্ট্র হিসাবে বাংলাদেশের স্বাধীনতা সংগ্রামে তাদের বক্তব্য অনুযায়ী মানবিক কারণে সাহায্য দিতে সম্মত হয়েছে সেটার জন্য বাঙ্গালী জাতি কৃতজ্ঞ।
কিন্তু স্বাধীনতা সংগ্রামটা পূর্ব বাংলার ৮ কোটি বাঙ্গালীর নিজস্ব সংগ্রাম। এ সংগ্রাম তাদেরই সংগঠিত করতে হবে। যে কোন ত্যাগের বিনিময়ে তাদেরকেই অর্জন করতে হবে জাতীয় স্বাধীনতা, সংগ্রামের নেতৃত্ব ও সব দায়িত্বও থাকতে হবে মুক্তিফৌজ কমান্ড ও প্রবাসী বাংলাদেশ সরকারের অধিনে।
জনাব ওসমানী নীতির এ প্রশ্নে কখনোই আপোষ করেননি। এ বিষয় নিয়ে তৎকালীন প্রবাসী সরকারের নেতৃত্বের সাথে অনেক বির্তক হয়েছে তার। কিন্তু তার এ নীতির প্রতি সমর্থন দেননি আওয়ামী লীগের বেশিরভাগ নেতৃত্ব ও গণপরিষদ সদস্যরা।

তারা তখন নিজ নিজ ক্ষমতার বলয় তৈরি করতে ব্যস্ত। তাদের প্রায় সবার মাঝেই এক ধরণের উদ্ভট চিন্তা কাজ করছিল। শুধু রাজনৈতিক নেতৃবৃন্দই নয় অনেক আমলা এমনকি মুক্তিযোদ্ধাদের সুবিধাবাদী নেতৃত্বের মাঝেও সেই একই চিন্তার প্রতিফলন দেখা যাচ্ছিল। তাদের ধারণা ছিল মুক্তিযুদ্ধ যে কারণেই হোক শুরু হয়ে গেছে। প্রতিরোধ সংগ্রামকালে পূর্ব পাকিস্তানের প্রায় সব অঞ্চল থেকে কোটি কোটি টাকা ও সম্পদ লুন্ঠন করে নিয়ে হিজরত করে চলে আসা হয়েছে নিরাপদ আশ্রয় ভারতে।
Even though, as a Freedom Fighter this was a shameful act to state that, many intellectuals and High ups, those who all had escaped from East Pakistan, also viewed the heroic liberation struggle of the freedom fighters in a negative light. They believed that the Bengali freedom fighters would never be able to liberate their country by defeating the Pakistani force.

They believed that, in order to defeat the Pakistan army, it was necessary that the Indian armed forces must get involved directly. Many of these leaders did not have the will or the ability to participate in a bloody lasting struggle. They were also unwilling to risk a lengthy fight and to not ready to suffer immense sacrifices. বলতে লজ্জা লাগলেও বলতে হচ্ছে পূর্ব পাকিস্তান থেকে পালিয়ে আসা অনেক বুদ্ধিজীবি ও হোমরা-চোমরা পদস্থ ব্যক্তিরাও মুক্তিযোদ্ধাদের বীরত্বপূর্ণ মুক্তি সংগ্রামকে দেখতেন অত্যন্ত নেতিবাচক দৃষ্টিতে। তারা মনে করতেন বাঙ্গালী মুক্তিযোদ্ধারা কখনই পাকিস্তান হানাদার বাহিনীকে পরাস্ত করে দেশ স্বাধীন করতে সক্ষম হবে না।

Soon after ending their Indian ‘Hajj’, they would be exempted from their exiled life and would be redeemed and enjoy a real luxurious life with the looted black wealth/money, which would start very soon, through the direct intervention of the Indian forces, alone.

Once they had been able to endorse the stamps as “Indian Hajis”, they would be soon be able to return to their country, where was the barrier for them to from establishing their own rule? Therefore, the country must be liberated, as soon as possible. Accordingly, a section of these high ups had started immense lobbying with the various organs of the Indian government.

In the entire exiled governments, only two leaders firmly opposed these initiatives from the beginning. One of them was Colonel Osmani and the second person was Mr. Khandokar Mushtaq Ahmad. Apart from these two, most of the senior Political Leaders along with many of the bureaucrats' high profile citizens favoring Bangladesh's Independence, through the direct intervention of the Indian Army. Thereby, through a “Cesarean operation” subsequently, the premature birth of Bangladesh occurred.

However, most of the freedom fighters, and young officers from the bureaucracy and were against this idea of liberation, in this context, the youth's ideological conflict with those elders was increasing many folds, which was not to serve the interest of other Nation , nor at their mercy.

In order to defeat the Pakistan army, these top leaders felt that, it was necessary that the Indian Army Forces must directly be involved, as many of them did not have the will or ability to participate in a bloody lasting struggle. They were also unwilling to risk the war and to suffer and sacrifices.
Soon after their ' Indian Hajj' ended, these elderly leaders would be exempted for their exiled lives and would be redeemed and could lead a luxurious life style with the stolen black money.These goals could be achieved within a shortest period, through the direct intervention of the Indian forces, alone.

Once they had received the Hajj stamps from India, once they return to their country, there would be no the barrier’s from establishing their rules? Immediately these elements, for the country to be liberated, a section of them started lobbying heavily from various parts of the Indian government.
পাকিস্তান বাহিনীকে পরাজিত করতে সরাসরি ভারতীয় সেনা বাহিনীর হস-ক্ষেপ অবশ্যই অতি প্রয়োজনীয়। রক্তক্ষয়ী দীর্ঘস্থায়ী সংগ্রামে অংশগ্রহণ করার ইচ্ছা অথবা যোগ্যতা তাদের অনেকেরই ছিল না। যুদ্ধের ঝুঁকি এবং কষ্ট ও ত্যাগ স্বীকার করতেও তারা ছিলেন নারাজ।
এতে করেই তাড়াতাড়ি 'হজ্জ্ব' শেষ করে প্রবাসী জীবনের কষ্ট থেকে রেহাই পেয়ে দেশে ফিরে লুটপাটের কালো টাকার আয়েশী জীবন খুব তাড়াতাড়ি আবার শুরু করতে পারা যাবে একমাত্র ভারতীয় বাহিনীর প্রত্যক্ষ হস্তক্ষেপের মাধ্যমেই।

ভারতে হজ্জ্ব করার স্ট্যাম্প যখন একবার নিতে সক্ষম হয়েছেন তারা তখন দেশে ফেরার পর তাদের রাজ কায়েম করার পথে বাধা কোথায়? তাই যত তাড়াতাড়ি সম্ভব দেশটাকে স্বাধীন করে দেবার জন্য তাদের একাংশ গোড়া থেকেই ভারত সরকারের বিভিন্ন মহলে জোর লবিং শুরু করে দিয়েছিলেন।

সমস্ত প্রবাসী সরকারের মধ্যে শুধুমাত্র দু’জন শুরু থেকে শেষ পর্যন্ত এ ধরণের উদ্যোগের বিরোধিতা দৃঢ়তার সাথে করে গিয়েছিলেন। তাদের একজন হলেন কর্নেল ওসমানী এবং দ্বিতীয় ব্যক্তি হলেন জনাব খন্দোকার মোশতাক আহমদ। এই দুইজন ছাড়া সিনিয়র রাজনৈতিক নেতৃত্বের প্রায় সবাই এবং আমলাদের উচ্চপদস্থ প্রভাবশালী ব্যক্তিদের অনেকেই ভারতের প্রত্যক্ষ হস্তক্ষেপের মাধ্যমে বাংলাদেশের স্বাধীনতা লাভের পক্ষপাতিত্ত্ব করছিলেন। পরবর্তিকালে সিজরিয়ন অপারেশন এর মাধ্যমে বাংলাদেশের Premature birth এর জন্য মূলতঃ এরাও দায়ী ছিলেন অনেকাংশে। কিন্তু বেশিরভাগ মুক্তিযোদ্ধা, আমলাতন্ত্রের তরুণ সদস্যরা এভাবে অপরের কৃপায় বাংলাদেশকে স্বাধীন করার উদ্যোগের ঘোর বিরোধী ছিলেন। এ নিয়ে প্রবীণদের সাথে তরুণদের দ্বন্দ্ব ক্রমশঃই বেড়ে উঠছিল প্রতিদিন।
Among all exiled governments officials, only two opposed these plans firmly with the beginning. One of them was Colonel Osmani and the second person was Mr. Khandokar Mushtaq Ahmad.
Apart from these two, most of the Senior Political Leaders including many bureaucrats' and high-profile influential figures were favoring Bangladesh's independence through the direct intervention of India. Subsequently, through a Cesarean Operation, significantly contributed for the premature birth of Bangladesh. However, most of the freedom fighters, young officers of the bureaucracy were t against the plan of liberating Bangladesh for serving the interest of others Nations. Thus, the youth FF's conflict with their seniors was increasing manifolds with every passing day.

Why stupid sir?
Cheers, Doc
Kindly read the above facts.:-):-):-):-)

Last edited:
Part # 1
(Copied)

Indian Blue Print and the Mujib Nagar Government

ভারতীয় নীল নকশা এবং মুজিব নগর সরকার

আওয়ামী লীগের অভ্যন্তরীন taking full advantage of the internal divisions and struggle for power within the Awami League ক্ষমতার লড়াই এর পূর্ণ সুযোগ গ্রহণ করে ভারতীয় সরকার এবং গোয়েন্দা সংস্থা ‘র’- Indian Intelligence Agency-RAW implemented the “Divide and Rule policy” ‘ডিভাইড এন্ড রুল’ নীতি প্রয়োগ করে প্রধানমন্ত্রী between the Prime Minister and the Commander in Chief of Bangladesh Armed Forces, lowering the dignity of both এবং সর্বাধিনায়ক দু’জনকেই হেয় করে তোলা হয়।
Suddenly, Mr. Tajuddin was made theতাজুদ্দিনের হঠাৎ করে Prime Minister of the Exiled Government প্রবাসী সরকার গঠন করে প্রধানমন্ত্রী হওয়াটা আওয়ামী লীগের অনেকেই পছন্দ করেনি। তাদের মধ্যে ছিলেন যুব ও ছাত্রনেতাদের অনেকেই। অনেক সাংসদ এবং আওয়ামী লীগের নেতারাও এর প্রত্যক্ষ এবং পরোক্ষ বিরোধিতা করেছিলেন।
Many Awami Leagues did not like the creation of the expatriate government and Tajuddin being made as the Prime Minister. Many of them were young and student leaders including MP's and Awami League leaders also opposed these both, directly and indirectly.

Sheikh Fazlul Haque Moni, Sirajul Alam Khan, Shahjahan Siraj, Nure Alam Siddiqui and Abdul Kuddus Makhan, among others, opposed the move by Tajuddin. Mr. Abdur Rab Serniabat, Sheikh Abdul Aziz, Mansur Ali, Mr. Nazrul Islam and others were instrumental in helping them indirectly.

Regarding, accepting Mr Tajuddin's as the Prime Minister General Arora remarked, "The youths of the Awami League didn't like him." (General Arora's interview given to Nikhil Chakrabarty under the titled “Bangladesh's War Memorial”.)

In general, many young citizens thought that that Sheikh Mujib was not alive. In the absence of Mujibur Rahman, Mr.Tajuddin would not follow Mujib’s influence. If Sheikh Mujib was present, then all the youth and student leaders would have been able to establish their authority in the freedom struggle very easily. However, Tajuddin was viewing their contributions in an indifferent way and was replying to them with on a different tone.
শেখ ফজলুল হক মনি, সিরাজুল আলম খান, শাহ্‌জাহান সিরাজ, নুরে আলম সিদ্দিকী এবং আব্দুল কুদ্দুস মাখন প্রমুখ যুব ও ছাত্রনেতারা সবাই প্রকাশ্যে তাজুদ্দিনের এ পদক্ষেপের বিরোধিতা করেন। তাদের পরোক্ষভাবে মদদ যোগাচ্ছিলেন জনাব আব্দুর রব সেরনিয়াবাত, শেখ আবদুল আজিজ, মনসুর আলী, জনাব নজরুল ইসলাম প্রমুখ।
জনাব তাজুদ্দিনের প্রধানমন্ত্রীত্বের গ্রহণযোগ্যতা সম্পর্কে জেনারেল অরোরার মন্তব্য, “আওয়ামী লীগের যুবনেতারা তাকে পছন্দ করত না।” (বাংলাদেশের যুদ্ধের স্মৃতিচারন শিরোনামে নিখিল চক্রবর্ত্তীকে দেয়া জেনারেল অরোরার সাক্ষাৎকার।)

সাধারণভাবে যুবনেতাদের অনেকেই সেদিন ভেবেছিলেন শেখ মুজিব আর জীবিত নেই। মুজিবর রহমানের অবর্তমানে তাজুদ্দিন তাদের প্রভাবকে তেমন একটা মেনে চলবেন না। শেখ মুজিব কাছে থাকলে এ সমস্ত যুব এবং ছাত্রনেতারা স্বাধীনতা সংগ্রামে তাদের কর্তৃত্ব অতি সহজেই স্থাপন করতে সক্ষম হতেন। কিন্তু তাজুদ্দিন তাদের সাথে অন্য সুরে কথা বলছেন।

তাদের হাতে ক্রিয়াণক হয়ে সংগ্রামের সব নেতৃত্ব তাদের হাতে ছেড়ে দিতে তিনি অস্বীকৃতি জানাচ্ছেন। তাদের সংগ্রামী ভূমিকাকেও ছোট করে দেখছেন জনাব তাজুদ্দিন।

The P.M. was completely ignoring the opinion of the youths and student leaders in leading the Government. Tajuddin's cremation would not be the end, also due to Tajuddin being the Head of Government; their facilities were also being discontinued.

Tajuddin ignored the relatives of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, without giving them proper status as his relatives. Ignoring them was indirectly ignoring Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.

Therefore, at any cost Tajuddin must be removed as the Prime Minister, and pave the path to the youthsto retain power. According to this plan, some youths and student leaders led by Sheikh Moni and Sirajul Alam Khan met with Indian Prime Minister Mrs. Indira Gandhi and told her that she was the only trusted friend of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.

তাজুদ্দিন সরকার পরিচালনায় যুব ও ছাত্রনেতাদের মতামত তিনি সম্পূর্ণ উপেক্ষা করে চলেছেন। তাজুদ্দিনের ধৃষ্টতার শেষ নেই। তিনি সরকার প্রধান থাকার কারণে তাদের সুযোগ-সুবিধাও বন্ধ হয়ে যাচ্ছে। তিনি বঙ্গবন্ধু শেখ মুজিবর রহমানের আত্মীয়-স্বজনকেও যথাযথ মর্যাদা দান না করে তাদের উপেক্ষা করেছেন। তাদের উপেক্ষা করা, পরোক্ষভাবে শেখ মুজিবকেই উপেক্ষা করার সমতুল্য।

Mr. Tajuddin hands were been behind the arrest of Sheikh Mujib in the hands of the Pakistan army. Before his arrest, Sheikh Mujib ordered his followers to wage out the struggle for independence with the help of the Indian government.

In this context, for the interest of the both the parties, they requested Mrs. Gandhi to arrange training for Mujib devotees from Bangladesh and their loyal youth under their leadership. They said that only by developing this kind of power could it be possible to maintain a meaningful relationship between Bangladesh and India, even after Independence. Otherwise, the Awami League government would soon become a victim of the intrigues of anti Indian’s elements from within itself.

অতএব, যে কোন মূল্যে তাজুদ্দিনকে প্রধানমন্ত্রীত্ব থেকে অপসারন করতে হবে। মেতে উঠলেন তারা এক ক্ষমতা লাভের চকক্রান্তে। পরিকল্পনা অনুযায়ী শেখ মনি ও সিরাজুল আলম খানের নেতৃত্বে কয়েকজন যুব ও ছাত্রনেতা দিল্লী গিয়ে ভারতের প্রধানমন্ত্রী শ্রীমতী ইন্দিরা গান্ধীর সঙ্গে দেখা করে তাকে জানান যে তারা শেখ মুজিবর রহমানের অত্যন্ত বিশ্বাসভাজন।

পাক বাহিনীর হাতে শেখ মুজিবের গ্রেফতারের পেছনে জনাব তাজুদ্দিনের হাত রয়েছে। গ্রেফতারের আগে শেখ মুজিব তাদের সে কথা জানিয়ে তাদেরকে ভারত সরকারের সহায়তায় স্বাধীনতার সংগ্রাম পরিচালনা করার নির্দেশ দিয়ে যান।

জনাব তাজুদ্দিনের উপর বাংলাদেশ থেকে আগত বেশিরভাগ আওয়ামী লীগ জাতীয় এবং প্রাদেশিক সাংসদদের সমর্থনও নেই। এ অবস্থায় প্রধানমন্ত্রীত্ব করার কোন অধিকার নেই তাজুদ্দিন সাহেবের। তাদের বক্তব্যের সমর্থনে তারা মুজিবর রহমানের ভগ্নিপতি জনাব আব্দুর রব সেরনিয়াবাতের একটি চিঠি শ্রীমতি ইন্দিরা গান্ধীকে প্রদান করেন এবং শেখ মুজিবের জেষ্ঠ পুত্র শেখ কামালকে তার সম্মুখে উপস্থিত করেন।

তারা শ্রীমতি গান্ধীকে এ কথা বলেও হু্ঁশিয়ার করে দেন যে তাজুদ্দিন যদি স্বাধীন বাংলাদেশের প্রধানমন্ত্রী থাকেন তবে ভারতের স্বার্থও ক্ষতিগ্রস্থ হবে। কারণ জনাব তাজুদ্দিন শেখ মুজিবের নীতি আদর্শ কিছুতেই বাস্তবায়িত করবেন না।

এই পরিপ্রেক্ষিতে দু’পক্ষের স্বার্থে তাদের নেতৃত্বে বাংলাদেশ থেকে আগত মুজিব ভক্ত এবং তাদের অনুগত তরুণদের প্রশিক্ষনের ব্যবস্থা করার জন্য তারা শ্রীমতি গান্ধীর কাছে আবেদন জানান। তারা বলেন, শুধুমাত্র এ ধরণের শক্তি গড়ে তোলার মাধ্যমেই স্বাধীনতা উত্তর বাংলাদেশ এবং বন্ধুরাষ্ট্র ভারতের মধ্যে অর্থবহ সম্পর্ক বজিয়ে রাখা সম্ভব। তা না হলে অচিরেই ভারত বিদ্বেষীদের চক্রান্তের শিকারে পরিণত হবে আওয়ামী লীগ সরকার।

তাদের এ অনুরোধ সাগ্রহে গ্রহণ করেন শ্রীমতি গান্ধী। সুদূর প্রসারী নীল নকশার কথা চিন্তা করেই Divide and Rule নীতির প্রয়োগের জন্য BLF বিএলএফ পরবর্তিতে নাম বদলিয়ে মুজিব বাহিনীর সৃষ্টি করে সেকেন্ড ফ্রন্ট খোলার সিদ্ধান্ত নেয়া হয়। এভাবেই সৃষ্টি করা হয়েছিল বিএলএফ ওরফে মুজিব বাহিনী
Mrs. Gandhi took this request into high consideration, anticipating the far-reaching implications of the Indian blue print, thus, the BLF or Mujib Bahani was created, exclusively for the use of the “Divide and Rule” policy and the decision to open a second front was incorporated by creating the Mujib force. These were the factors behind raising the BLF, commonly known as “Mujib Bahini”.

When this decision was informed to theC in C, Mr. Osmani, in turn informed Mr. Tajuddin, the Prime Minister, Mr. Tajuddin, raised these issues with the Indian government in New Delhi and demanded to redress these issues. However, Mr. Haksar, Mr. D.P Dhar along with Ramnath Rao and General Oban of RAW and General Wan Singh kept silent and avoided Mr. Tajuddin.

Col. Osmani was informed about these new developments, and stated what Mr. Tajuddin said. later everyone concerned came to know the narration from Col. Osmani. In the next phase, Colonel Osmani tried his level best to bring Mujib Bahini under the control of Forces Headquarters of the expatriate Bangladesh government. However, all his efforts were futile. Colonel Osmani was forced to accept the Indian decision to create the BLF or Mujib Bahini.

এ তথ্যগুলোও জনাব ওসমানীকে জান, তিনি সেগুলো জনাব তাজুদ্দিনকে জানান। প্রধানমন্ত্রী জনাব তাজুদ্দিন নাকি এ সমস্ত প্রশ্ন নিয়ে দিল্লীতে ভারত সরকারের সঙ্গে আলোচনা করেন এবং এর প্রতিবিধানের দাবি জানান। কিন্তু জনাব হাকসার, ডিপিধর, ‘র’ Ramnath Rao and General Oban of RAWএর রমানাথ রাও এবং জেনারেল ওবান সিং এ ব্যাপারে তাজুদ্দিনকে এড়িয়ে গিয়ে নিরব থাকেন।
ফিরে এসে কর্নেল ওসমানীকে সে কথাই বলেছিলেন জনাব তাজুদ্দিন। পরে কর্নেল ওসমানীর কাছ থেকে তার ব্যাখ্যা জানতে পারি। পরবর্তী পর্যায়ে মুজিব বাহিনীকে প্রবাসী বাংলাদেশ সরকারের ফোর্সেস হেডকোয়টার্স এর নিয়ন্ত্রণে আনার আপ্রাণ চেষ্টা করেছিলেন কর্নেল ওসমানী। কিন্তু তার কোন চেষ্টাই ফলপ্রসু হয়নি। নিতান্ত অপারগ হয়েই কর্নেল ওসমানীকে বিএলএফ তথা মুজিব বাহিনী সৃষ্টি করার ভারতীয় সিদ্ধান্ত মেনে নিতে হয়।

With the assistance of the Indian intelligence, F.F, Captain Jalil became aware of the secret contacts, which the Indians were maintaining with the other officers of the Eastern Command, located at Fort William.
The Indian government not only controlled the exile government along with the Liberation Army's headquarters but also regulated the freedom struggle and the political progress of Bangladesh; moreover, they were also trying to develop relations with powerful commanders.

Brilliantly, they crafted an incompatible tussle between Tajuddin's and the expatriate government and kept him under severe pressure, thus, forcing him to remain under the Indian control.
On the other hand, in the same manner the C in C of the Mujibnagar government and freedom fighter, Mr. Osmani, was also restricted to exercise his authority. Colonel Osmani was extremely humiliated for these reasons thus, Colonel Osmani was also side tracked. However, his position was firm and clear.

ভারতীয় গোয়েন্দা বাহিনীর সহায়তায় ক্যাপ্টেন জলিলের ফোর্ট উইলিয়ামের পূর্বাঞ্চলীয় হেডকোয়াটার্সের কর্মকর্তাদের সাথে গোপন যোগাযোগ থেকে একটি বিষয় পরিষ্কার হয়ে উঠল।
ভারতীয় সরকার শুধুমাত্র প্রবাসী সরকার এবং মুক্তি বাহিনীর সদর দপ্তরের মাধ্যমেই বাংলাদেশের স্বাধীনতা সংগ্রাম এবং রাজনৈতিক গতিধারাকে নিয়ন্ত্রণ করছিল তা নয়, তারা ক্ষমতাধর কমান্ডারদের সাথেও সম্পর্ক গড়ে তোলার চেষ্টা করছিল।

অত্যন্ত চতুরতার সাথে তারা তাজুদ্দিনের প্রবাসী সরকারের মধ্যে অর্ন্তদ্বন্দ্ব সৃষ্টি করে তাকেও দুর্বল করে চাপের মুখে রাখছিল যাতে তিনি তাদের নিয়ন্ত্রণের মধ্যে থাকতে বাধ্য হন।
অপরদিকে মুজিবনগর সরকার ও মুক্তিযোদ্ধের সর্বাধিনায়ক জনাব ওসমানীর মধ্যেও দ্বন্দ্ব সৃষ্টি করে কর্নেল ওসমানীর ক্ষমতা সীমিত করে রাখা হচিছল একইভাবে। কর্নেল ওসমানীকে সাইড ট্র্যাক করে প্রবাসী সরকার ও ভারতীয় কর্তৃপক্ষের এ ধরণের কার্যকলাপে কর্নেল ওসমানী অতি যুক্তিসঙ্গত কারণেই ভীষণভাবে অপমানিত বোধ করছিলেন। তার বক্তব্য ছিল পরিষ্কার।
The Bengali nation was grateful for the fact that India had agreed to assist us in humanitarian causes according to their statement regarding Bangladesh's independence struggle, just as a good friend.
The glorious liberation struggle was the struggle of the eight crore Bengalis of East Bengal in their own freedom struggle.The FF’S had to organize their struggle in exchange for any kind of sacrifices; the FF’S also had to achieve their national independence, directly under the leadership and responsibilities under the command of the Liberation Army and the exiled Bangladesh government.

Mr. Osmani never compromised on these basic policy issues. There were a lot of debate with the leadership of the then exiled government on these matters. Anyways, most of the leaders of the Awami League and the Constituent Assembly did not support this policy.

While they were busy preparing their own inner power circles.The most bizarre thoughts that were working in almost all of the exiled AL Leaders. Not only were the political leaders but many bureaucrats and opportunist leadership of the freedom struggle was also reflective of the same thoughts. They believed that the as the liberation war has started, these high ups were struggling to protect, the millions of crores of rupees and wealth they had looted from almost all parts of East Pakistan, before fleeing, and stored those wealth in India, as a safe harbor.

ভারত বন্ধুরাষ্ট্র হিসাবে বাংলাদেশের স্বাধীনতা সংগ্রামে তাদের বক্তব্য অনুযায়ী মানবিক কারণে সাহায্য দিতে সম্মত হয়েছে সেটার জন্য বাঙ্গালী জাতি কৃতজ্ঞ।
কিন্তু স্বাধীনতা সংগ্রামটা পূর্ব বাংলার ৮ কোটি বাঙ্গালীর নিজস্ব সংগ্রাম। এ সংগ্রাম তাদেরই সংগঠিত করতে হবে। যে কোন ত্যাগের বিনিময়ে তাদেরকেই অর্জন করতে হবে জাতীয় স্বাধীনতা, সংগ্রামের নেতৃত্ব ও সব দায়িত্বও থাকতে হবে মুক্তিফৌজ কমান্ড ও প্রবাসী বাংলাদেশ সরকারের অধিনে।
জনাব ওসমানী নীতির এ প্রশ্নে কখনোই আপোষ করেননি। এ বিষয় নিয়ে তৎকালীন প্রবাসী সরকারের নেতৃত্বের সাথে অনেক বির্তক হয়েছে তার। কিন্তু তার এ নীতির প্রতি সমর্থন দেননি আওয়ামী লীগের বেশিরভাগ নেতৃত্ব ও গণপরিষদ সদস্যরা।

তারা তখন নিজ নিজ ক্ষমতার বলয় তৈরি করতে ব্যস্ত। তাদের প্রায় সবার মাঝেই এক ধরণের উদ্ভট চিন্তা কাজ করছিল। শুধু রাজনৈতিক নেতৃবৃন্দই নয় অনেক আমলা এমনকি মুক্তিযোদ্ধাদের সুবিধাবাদী নেতৃত্বের মাঝেও সেই একই চিন্তার প্রতিফলন দেখা যাচ্ছিল। তাদের ধারণা ছিল মুক্তিযুদ্ধ যে কারণেই হোক শুরু হয়ে গেছে। প্রতিরোধ সংগ্রামকালে পূর্ব পাকিস্তানের প্রায় সব অঞ্চল থেকে কোটি কোটি টাকা ও সম্পদ লুন্ঠন করে নিয়ে হিজরত করে চলে আসা হয়েছে নিরাপদ আশ্রয় ভারতে।
Even though, as a Freedom Fighter this was a shameful act to state that, many intellectuals and High ups, those who all had escaped from East Pakistan, also viewed the heroic liberation struggle of the freedom fighters in a negative light. They believed that the Bengali freedom fighters would never be able to liberate their country by defeating the Pakistani force.

They believed that, in order to defeat the Pakistan army, it was necessary that the Indian armed forces must get involved directly. Many of these leaders did not have the will or the ability to participate in a bloody lasting struggle. They were also unwilling to risk a lengthy fight and to not ready to suffer immense sacrifices. বলতে লজ্জা লাগলেও বলতে হচ্ছে পূর্ব পাকিস্তান থেকে পালিয়ে আসা অনেক বুদ্ধিজীবি ও হোমরা-চোমরা পদস্থ ব্যক্তিরাও মুক্তিযোদ্ধাদের বীরত্বপূর্ণ মুক্তি সংগ্রামকে দেখতেন অত্যন্ত নেতিবাচক দৃষ্টিতে। তারা মনে করতেন বাঙ্গালী মুক্তিযোদ্ধারা কখনই পাকিস্তান হানাদার বাহিনীকে পরাস্ত করে দেশ স্বাধীন করতে সক্ষম হবে না।

Soon after ending their Indian ‘Hajj’, they would be exempted from their exiled life and would be redeemed and enjoy a real luxurious life with the looted black wealth/money, which would start very soon, through the direct intervention of the Indian forces, alone.

Once they had been able to endorse the stamps as “Indian Hajis”, they would be soon be able to return to their country, where was the barrier for them to from establishing their own rule? Therefore, the country must be liberated, as soon as possible. Accordingly, a section of these high ups had started immense lobbying with the various organs of the Indian government.

In the entire exiled governments, only two leaders firmly opposed these initiatives from the beginning. One of them was Colonel Osmani and the second person was Mr. Khandokar Mushtaq Ahmad. Apart from these two, most of the senior Political Leaders along with many of the bureaucrats' high profile citizens favoring Bangladesh's Independence, through the direct intervention of the Indian Army. Thereby, through a “Cesarean operation” subsequently, the premature birth of Bangladesh occurred.

However, most of the freedom fighters, and young officers from the bureaucracy and were against this idea of liberation, in this context, the youth's ideological conflict with those elders was increasing many folds, which was not to serve the interest of other Nation , nor at their mercy.

In order to defeat the Pakistan army, these top leaders felt that, it was necessary that the Indian Army Forces must directly be involved, as many of them did not have the will or ability to participate in a bloody lasting struggle. They were also unwilling to risk the war and to suffer and sacrifices.
Soon after their ' Indian Hajj' ended, these elderly leaders would be exempted for their exiled lives and would be redeemed and could lead a luxurious life style with the stolen black money.These goals could be achieved within a shortest period, through the direct intervention of the Indian forces, alone.

Once they had received the Hajj stamps from India, once they return to their country, there would be no the barrier’s from establishing their rules? Immediately these elements, for the country to be liberated, a section of them started lobbying heavily from various parts of the Indian government.
পাকিস্তান বাহিনীকে পরাজিত করতে সরাসরি ভারতীয় সেনা বাহিনীর হস-ক্ষেপ অবশ্যই অতি প্রয়োজনীয়। রক্তক্ষয়ী দীর্ঘস্থায়ী সংগ্রামে অংশগ্রহণ করার ইচ্ছা অথবা যোগ্যতা তাদের অনেকেরই ছিল না। যুদ্ধের ঝুঁকি এবং কষ্ট ও ত্যাগ স্বীকার করতেও তারা ছিলেন নারাজ।
এতে করেই তাড়াতাড়ি 'হজ্জ্ব' শেষ করে প্রবাসী জীবনের কষ্ট থেকে রেহাই পেয়ে দেশে ফিরে লুটপাটের কালো টাকার আয়েশী জীবন খুব তাড়াতাড়ি আবার শুরু করতে পারা যাবে একমাত্র ভারতীয় বাহিনীর প্রত্যক্ষ হস্তক্ষেপের মাধ্যমেই।

ভারতে হজ্জ্ব করার স্ট্যাম্প যখন একবার নিতে সক্ষম হয়েছেন তারা তখন দেশে ফেরার পর তাদের রাজ কায়েম করার পথে বাধা কোথায়? তাই যত তাড়াতাড়ি সম্ভব দেশটাকে স্বাধীন করে দেবার জন্য তাদের একাংশ গোড়া থেকেই ভারত সরকারের বিভিন্ন মহলে জোর লবিং শুরু করে দিয়েছিলেন।

সমস্ত প্রবাসী সরকারের মধ্যে শুধুমাত্র দু’জন শুরু থেকে শেষ পর্যন্ত এ ধরণের উদ্যোগের বিরোধিতা দৃঢ়তার সাথে করে গিয়েছিলেন। তাদের একজন হলেন কর্নেল ওসমানী এবং দ্বিতীয় ব্যক্তি হলেন জনাব খন্দোকার মোশতাক আহমদ। এই দুইজন ছাড়া সিনিয়র রাজনৈতিক নেতৃত্বের প্রায় সবাই এবং আমলাদের উচ্চপদস্থ প্রভাবশালী ব্যক্তিদের অনেকেই ভারতের প্রত্যক্ষ হস্তক্ষেপের মাধ্যমে বাংলাদেশের স্বাধীনতা লাভের পক্ষপাতিত্ত্ব করছিলেন। পরবর্তিকালে সিজরিয়ন অপারেশন এর মাধ্যমে বাংলাদেশের Premature birth এর জন্য মূলতঃ এরাও দায়ী ছিলেন অনেকাংশে। কিন্তু বেশিরভাগ মুক্তিযোদ্ধা, আমলাতন্ত্রের তরুণ সদস্যরা এভাবে অপরের কৃপায় বাংলাদেশকে স্বাধীন করার উদ্যোগের ঘোর বিরোধী ছিলেন। এ নিয়ে প্রবীণদের সাথে তরুণদের দ্বন্দ্ব ক্রমশঃই বেড়ে উঠছিল প্রতিদিন।
Among all exiled governments officials, only two opposed these plans firmly with the beginning. One of them was Colonel Osmani and the second person was Mr. Khandokar Mushtaq Ahmad.
Apart from these two, most of the Senior Political Leaders including many bureaucrats' and high-profile influential figures were favoring Bangladesh's independence through the direct intervention of India. Subsequently, through a Cesarean Operation, significantly contributed for the premature birth of Bangladesh. However, most of the freedom fighters, young officers of the bureaucracy were t against the plan of liberating Bangladesh for serving the interest of others Nations. Thus, the youth FF's conflict with their seniors was increasing manifolds with every passing day.

Kindly read the above facts.:-):-):-):-)

But when was love ever stupid?

Was talking about the Pakistani girl you loved.

Ive had some girls in.my life. Loved only one other than my wife. But was emotionally involved with all.

I could never do the wham bam scene ....

Cheers, Doc

But when was love ever stupid?
Was talking about the Pakistani girl you loved.
Ive had some girls in.my life. Loved only one other than my wife. But was emotionally involved with all.
I could never do the wham bam scene ....
Cheers, Doc
Guess,could not understand you correctly. I was engrossed with history of 1971, only, will upload few more shortly.

Part # 2 (Copied)

The so-called “Allied Forces” blanketed the freedom fighter valor, bravery and sacrifices and courage of the masses, trough a Dark Shadow.

তথাকথিত মিত্রবাহিনীর কালো ছায়ার আচ্ছাদনে ঢাকা পড়ে যায় মুক্তিফৌজ এবং জনগণের বীরগাঁথা, আত্মত্যাগ এবং সাহসিকতা

The joint command was created, however, the policy of by passing the command of the C in C, freedom fighter, Colonel Osmani were neglected in all matters.যৌথ কমান্ড স্থাপিত হলো কিন্তু মুক্তি ফৌজের সর্বাধিনায়ক কর্নেল ওসমানীকে সব ব্যাপারেই পাশ কাটিয়ে চলার নীতি গ্রহণ করা হয়।

In November, the intensity of the war increased greatly. The climax of the cross-border clashes was increasing in the border. The Indian government had already allowed the Indian army forces to enter into the territories of Bangladesh, if necessary, to counter the Pakistan Army.

The joint command of freedom fighters and Indian forces has been formed.

নভেম্বর মাসে যুদ্ধের তীব্রতা বৃদ্ধি পায় ব্যাপকভাবে। বর্ডারে সম্মুখ সংঘর্ষের মাত্রা ক্রমেই বেড়ে চলেছে। ভারত সরকার ইতিমধ্যে ভারতীয় সেনা বাহিনীকে পাক বাহিনীর মোকাবেলা করার জন্য প্রয়োজনে বাংলাদেশের সীমানার ভিতরে প্রবেশ করার অনুমতি প্রদান করেছে।গঠন করা হয়েছে মুক্তিফৌজ ভারতীয় বাহিনীর যৌথ কমান্ড।

After formation of the Joint Command, C in C Colonel Osmani and his headquarters in the true sense were made completely ineffective. The Indian Commanders completely ignored Colonel Osmani and took complete responsibility for the formation of the Eastern Command under their direct control.

যৌথ কমান্ড গঠিত হবার পর ভারতীয় কমান্ডারদের প্রচন্ড প্রভাবে কর্নেল ওসমানী এবং তার হেডকোয়াটার্স প্রকৃত অর্থে অকেজো হয়ে পড়েছে। বাংলাদেশ আক্রমণের পরিকল্পনা এককভাবে ভারতীয় বাহিনীর ইর্ষ্টান কমান্ডই প্রণয়ন করার দায়িত্ব গ্রহণ করে কর্নেল ওসমানীকে সম্পূর্ণভাবে উপেক্ষা করে।

President Yahya Khan finally beleived the actual war scenario and despatched Mr. Bhutto as his special envoy to China to garner support of the Chinise for Pakistan against any aggression by India.

প্রেসিডেন্ট ইয়াহিয়া খান যুদ্ধের আভাস পেয়ে জনাব ভুট্টোকে তার বিশেষ দূত হিসেবে চীনে পাঠালেন ভারতীয় যেকোন আগ্রাসনের বিরুদ্ধে পাকিস্তানের পক্ষে সমর্থন আদায় করার জন্য। কিন্তু পিকিংএ গণচীনের নেতৃবৃন্দ জনাব ভুট্টোকে পরিষ্কারভাবে জানিয়ে দেন, “পূর্ব পাকিস্তানে সৃষ্ট রাজনৈতিক পরিস্থিতির সুযোগ গ্রহণ করে পাকিস্তানের আভ্যন্তরীন ব্যাপারে ভারতীয় সামরিক হস্তক্ষেপকে গণচীন পাকিস্তানকে দ্বি-খন্ডিত করার হীন চক্রান্ত হিসাবেই দেখবে এবং সেই পরিপ্রেক্ষিতে ভারতের সাথে যেকোন সামরিক সংঘাতে নীতিগতভাবে তারা পাকিস্তানের পক্ষেই থাকবে।”

In response, the leaders of the Chinese Communist Party clearly informed Mr. Bhutto, "By taking advantage of the political situation created in East Pakistan, Indian military intervention in Pakistan's internal affairs will be seen as a vicious plot to divide Pakistan into two different land masses, and in view of this, in principle, they would support Pakistan in any military conflict."

At the same time, the Chinese leaders advised Mr. Bhutto and the Pakistani military junta, to resolve the conflict as soon as possible, and to find a political solution to these delicate problems, according to the will of the people of East Pakistan.

The Chinese valuable advices were the only solution to maintain the territorial integrity of Pakistan under the then existing situation, which was: Only through a reasonable and acceptable political settlement. Applying force would never solve these problems.

Two aspects became crystal clear from the Chinese leader's remarks.

Firstly: On one hand, the masses had conveyed a reasonable advice to the rulers of Pakistan and presented them with an acceptable solution for the Bengali people, i.e., to resolve the political problems of East Pakistan.

Secondly: If the Pakistani junta failed to resolve these grave issues relating to East Pakistan, they warned the friendly Government of Pakistan that the naked ambition and interference of the Indians would spread their sphere of influence, in the Subcontinent.

প্রথমত: গণচীন একদিকে পূর্ব পাকিস্তানের রাজনৈতিক সমস্যার নিরসনের জন্য পাকিস্তানের শাসকগোষ্ঠিকে বাঙ্গালীদের কাছে গ্রহণযোগ্য একটি সমাধান পেশ করার যুক্তিসঙ্গত পরামর্শ দেন।

দ্বিতীয়ত: পূর্ব পাকিস্তানের সমস্যার কোন সমাধান করতে ব্যর্থ হলে সেই সুযোগে উপমহাদেশে ভারতীয় সমপ্রসারনবাদের নগ্ন থাবা বিস্তার করার চক্রান্তের ব্যাপারেও তারা বন্ধুরাষ্ট্র পাকিস্তানকে হুঁশিয়ার করে দেন।

However, after returning home, Mr. Bhutto’s gravely misinterpreted the friendly and rational advice of Chinese leaders, and conyeyed a different view to President Yahya Khan and the Military Junta. Mr. Bhutto stated that, "China will help Pakistan in the overall military conflict with India," he added that, if required, China will not hesitate to fight against the Indian’s. He further stated that this was the outcome of his exclusive meeting with the Chinese leaders.

On the other hand, the Indian government realized that the people of the country were in favor of a political solution to Bangladesh. In addition to the newly-concluded Russian-India Friendship Agreement, the Indian government was also convinced that the prospects of China being directly involved in the Indo-Pakistani War were highly unlikely.

পক্ষান্তরে ভারতীয় সরকার বুঝতে পেরেছিল গণচীন বাংলাদেশের ব্যাপারে একটি রাজনৈতিক সমাধানের পক্ষে। তাছাড়া সদ্য সমাপ্ত রুশ-ভারত মৈত্রী চুক্তির পরিপ্রেক্ষিতে পাক-ভারত যুদ্ধে গণচীনের প্রত্যক্ষভাবে জড়িয়ে পরার সম্ভাবনা খুবই কম বলেও ধারণা পোষণ করছিল ভারত সরকার।

মাধ্যমে তারা পাকিস্তানের সামরিক জান্তাকে পরামর্শ দিয়েছিলেন যথাশীঘ্র সম্ভব পূর্ব পাকিস্তানের জনগণের ইচ্ছানুযায়ী বর্তমান সমস্যার একটি রাজনৈতিক সমাধান খুঁজে বের করার জন্য। তাদের Considered Opinion ছিল বর্তমান পরিস্থিতিতে শুধুমাত্র একটি যুক্তিসঙ্গত এবং গ্রহণযোগ্য রাজনৈতিক সমাধানের মাধ্যমেই পাকিস্তানের অখন্ডতা বজায়ে রাখা সম্ভব। বল প্রয়োগ করে এই সমস্যার সমাধান কখনও সম্ভব হবে না। চীনা নেতৃবৃন্দের উক্তি থেকে দু’টো বিষয় পরিষ্কার হয়ে উঠে।

কিন্তু দেশে ফিরে জনাব ভুট্টো প্রেসিডেন্ট ইয়াহিয়া খান ও সামরিক জান্তার কাছে চীনা নেতৃবৃন্দের বন্ধুসুলভ এবং যুক্তিসম্পন্ন অভিমতের অপব্যাখ্যা দেন। তিনি বলেন, “ভারতের সাথে সামরিক সংঘর্ষে চীন পাকিস্তানকে সার্বিকভাবে সাহায্য করবে। প্রয়োজনে গণচীন প্রত্যক্ষভাবে পাকিস্তানের পক্ষ হয়ে ভারতের বিরুদ্ধে যুদ্ধও করতে দ্বিধাবোধ করবে না এ ধরণের আভাসই নাকি তিনি পেয়েছিলেন চীনা নেতৃবৃন্দের কাছ থেকে একান্ত বৈঠকে

If the United States or China decides to take any counter action due to Geo-strategic reasons, their arch enemy, the U.S.S R would definitely decide to position itself with the India's side, and would not sit silently due to the recent 'Friendship Agreement' concluded with India, the response would have resulted in the “Third World War”. Neither the U.S.A nor the P.R.C would be willing to shoulder the responsibility for starting the 3rd WW scenario; was of a great doubt.

মার্কিন যুক্তরাষ্ট্র কিংবা গণচীন যদি Geo-Strategic কারণে কোন পদক্ষেপ নেবার চেষ্টা করে তবে তাদের পরম শত্রু সোভিয়েত ইউনিয়ন প্রতিক্রিয়ায় ‘মৈত্রী চুক্তির’ আচ্ছাদনে নিশ্চুপ বসে না থেকে ভারতের পক্ষ নেবে নিশ্চিতভাবে ফলে বেধে যাবে তৃতীয় বিশ্বযুদ্ধ। বর্তমানে বাস্তব অবস্থার পরিপ্রেক্ষিতে একটা বিশ্বযুদ্ধ শুরু করার দায়-দায়িত্ব নিজেদের কাঁধে নিতে চাইবে কিনা যুক্তরাষ্ট্র অথবা গণচীন সে বিষয়েও যথেষ্ট সন্দেহ রয়েছে।

সবচেয়ে বড় কথা পূর্ব পাকিস্তানের ৮কোটি জনগণ আজ পাকিস্তানের স্বৈরশাসনের বিরুদ্ধে। মুক্তি বাহিনীর দেশব্যাপী প্রচন্ড তৎপরতায় পূর্ব পাকিস্তানে অবস্থিত পাক বাহিনীর অবস্থান সম্পূর্ণরূপে বিপর্যস্ত এবং যেকোন যুদ্ধের জন্য অত্যাবশ্যকীয় ফ্যাক্টর সৈনিকদের মনোবলও সম্পূর্ণভাবে ভেঙ্গে পড়েছে। খান সেনারা সার্বিকভাবে শুধু দুর্বল হয়ে পড়েছিল তাই নয়; তাদের Strategic Locations, Line Of Communication, Defensive Positions, Supply Points, Re-Enforcement Capabilities, Battle Tactics, Logistic Support Line এ সমস্ত গুরুত্বপূর্ণ গোপনীয় বিষয়ে সব খবরা-খবরই এখন রয়েছে ভারতীয় বাহিনীর নখদর্পনে।

এসব খবর সংগ্রহ করা হয়েছে মুক্তি বাহিনীর ইনটেলিজেন্স ইউনিট এবং সেক্টরগুলোর নিজস্ব গোয়েন্দা তৎপরতার মাধ্যমে।

There was considerable logic behind the Indian views. Under these prevailing circumstances, East Pakistan could easily be liberated by the Indians and they could install a government of their choice.

After in depth analysis, the Government of India decided to declare a fully fledged war. The Indian government decided to launch a military aggression after completing all necessary preparations for the war.

এ ধরণের চিন্তা-ভাবনার পেছনে যথেষ্ট যুক্তি ছিল। এ অবস্থায় ঝটিকা অভিযান চালিয়ে পূর্ব পাকিস্তানকে স্বাধীন করে সেখানে তাদের পছন্দের সরকার কায়েম করতে পারা যাবে সহজেই।

এ ধরণের বিশ্লেষনের পরই যুদ্ধ ঘোষণা করার সিদ্ধান্ত গ্রহণ করে ভারত সরকার। যুদ্ধের জন্য অতি প্রয়োজনীয় আনুসাঙ্গিক সব প্রস্তুতি সম্পন্ন করেই সামরিক আগ্রাসনের সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছিল ভারত সরকার।

এবারের যুদ্ধের প্রেক্ষাপট অতীতের পাক-ভারত যুদ্ধের প্রেক্ষাপট থেকে সম্পূর্ণ ভিন্ন। বর্তমান অবস্থায় বিশ্ব জনমত সামরিক জান্তার শ্বেতসন্ত্রাসের বিরুদ্ধে এবং বাংলাদেশীদের স্বাধীনতার পক্ষে। মানবাধিকার এবং শরনার্থীর প্রশ্নে সারা বিশ্বের সহানুভূতিও ভারতের পক্ষে।

The war of 1971 was quite different from the earlier-Pakistan-India wars. During those days the world public opinion was against of the Pakistani military junta and in favor for the independence of the Bangladeshis. India also gained significant global sympathy for human rights plight and abuses of refugee’s crisis played a significant role in galvanizing the world opinion in favor of India.

The biggest factor was that the eight crore people of East Pakistan were firmly opposed to the dictatorship of Pakistan.

The Pakistani Army became morally shattered, out stretched and undermanned. Their Strategic Locations, Line of Communication, Defensive Positions, Supply Points, Re-Enforcement Capabilities, Battle Tactics, Logistic Support Line confidential and important news were made known to their Indian enemies.

These intelligence reports were collected by the Intelligence Unit of the Liberation Army and the Sectors Commanders, themselves.

বাংলাদেশের আপামর জনসাধারনের বিরোধিতার মুখে পূর্ব পাকিস্তানে পশ্চিমাদের জবরদখল আজ অযৌক্তিক হয়ে পড়েছে। শত্রুপক্ষের অবস্থা বর্তমানে totally untenable. প্রয়োজন শুধু সুযোগমত আক্রমণের ধাক্কা তাহলেই কেল্লা ফতে হবে।

In the face of stiff resistance from the common people of, the East, West’s occupation of East Pakistan had become totally untenable. The only requirement was to launch an attack at the appropriate time and the fort would crumble.

The opportunity came. On 3rd December, at 5:45 pm, Pakistan Air Force launched pre-emptive strikes suddenly on the strategic targets in many targets in India. Simintiniously Air strikes was carried out at Shinagar, Actitipur, Pathankot, Uttlai, Jodhpur, Ambala and Agra Airports.

During that same time, Mrs. Indira Gandhi was delivering a speech at a public meeting in Kolkata. After receiving the news of air strikes, she decided at that moment to strike back The Indians had counter attacked Pakistan, during that public meeting. Before returning to Delhi from Calcutta that evening, Mrs. Gandhi ordered General Aurora, the GOC (General Officer Commanding) of the Eastern to launch a full-scale military offensive in East Pakistan.

Three autonomous Army corps was placed under General Aurora. 2nd,33rd and the 4th Corps. There was also a 'Communication Zone Headquarter', a mobile army unit. Apart from this, additional medium Armed Regiment and a Light Armed Regiment were placed under his command.

The Commander of this Corps was Lt. Gen. T.N.Raina Headquarters: Krishnanagar. Under this corps, an additional middle artillery regiment and one engineer's bridging unit were attached, under command.

33 Corps Commander was Lt. Gen M.L.Thapa. Headquarter at Shiliguri. Under these Corps an additional light armored regiment, a medium artillery regiment and an engineer's bridging unit were allotted.

Commander of the 101 Communications was initially replaced by Lt.Gen.Gill later replaced by Lt.Gen.Nagra. Headquarters was located at Guwahati. Headquarters of the 4th Corps of this formation was in Agartala. The Corps commander was Lt.Gen. Sagat Singh Under this Corps, an extra Medium Artillery regiment and two light-armored regiments were attached

In total, the Indian Army had more than five lakhs troops (5, 00,000) in the Eastern region. General Aurora had more than enough recourses at his disposal. During that period there was no requirement to deploy such a huge force to fight against Pakistani Army in Eastern Wing.

This huge Force was organized also against the People Republic of China to counter any Chinese military’s offensive actions.

সুযোগ এসে গেল। ৩রা ডিসেম্বর বিকেল ৫:৪৫ মিনিটে আকস্মিকভাবে Pakistan Air Force Pre-Emptive Stick করে বসলো ভারতের বিভিন্ন জায়গায় স্ট্রাটেজিক টার্গেটগুলোর উপর। একইসাথে আঘাত হানা হল শীণগর, অভিন্তিপুর, পাঠানকোট, উত্তরলাই, যোধপুর, আম্বালা এবং আগ্রা বিমান ঘাটির উপর।

ঠিক সেই সময়ে শ্রীমতি ইন্দিরা গান্ধী কোলকাতায় এক জনসভায় ভাষণ দিচ্ছিলেন। বিমান হামলার খবর তাকে দেয়ামাত্র তিনি মুহুর্তে সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়ে ঐ জনসভাতেই পাকিস্তানের বিরুদ্ধে সর্বাত্মক পাল্টা আক্রমণের ঘোষণা দিলেন। কোলকাতা থেকে সেদিন সন্ধ্যায় দিল্লী ফেরার আগেই ইর্ষ্টান কমান্ডের এঙঈ GOC (General Officer Commanding) Genarel Arora -কে দিল্লীর সেনাসদর থেকে হুকুম দেয়া হল পূর্ব পাকিস্তানে সর্বাত্মক হামলা চালাবার জন্য।

জেনারেল অরোরার অধিনে দেয়া হল ৩টি স্বয়ংসম্পূর্ণ আর্মি কোর। ২য়, ৩৩শ এবং ৪র্থ কোর। এছাড়াও দেয়া হল ‘কম্যুনিকেশন জোন হেডকোয়াটার্স’ আরো একটি ভ্রাম্যমান আর্মি ইউনিট। এছাড়া ২য় কোরের অধিনে দেয়া হয়েছিল অতিরিক্ত একটি মিডিয়াম আর্মাড রেজিমেন্ট এবং একটি লাইট আর্মাড রেজিমেন্ট।

এই কোরের কমান্ডার ছিলেন Lt. Gen T.N.Raina হেডকোয়াটার্স কৃষ্ণনগর। এই কোরের অধিনে দেয়া হয়েছিল অতিরিক্ত আরো একটি মিডিয়াম আর্টিলারী রেজিমেন্ট ও একটি ইঞ্জিনিয়ারস এর ব্রিজিং ইউনিট।

৩৩ কোরের কমান্ডার ছিলেন Lt. Gen M.L.Thapa. হেডকোয়াটার্স শিলিগুরী। এই কোরের অধিনে দেয়া হয়েছিল অতিরিক্ত একটি লাইট আর্মাড রেজিমেন্ট, একটি মিডিয়াম আর্টিলারী রেজিমেন্ট এবং একটি ইঞ্জিনিয়ারস এর ব্রিজিং ইউনিট।

১০১ কম্যুনিকেশন জোনের কমান্ডার ছিলেন প্রথমদিকে Lt.Gen.Gill পরে Lt.Gen.Nagra -কে তার স্থলাভিষিক্ত করা হয়। হেডকোয়াটার্স গৌহাটি। এই ফর্মেশনের ৪র্থ কোরের হেডকোয়াটার্স ছিল আগরতলায়। কোর কমান্ডার ছিলেন Lt.Gen. Sagat Singh. এই কোরের অধিনে অতিরিক্তভাবে দেয়া হয় একটি মিডিয়াম আর্টিলারী রেজিমেন্ট এবং দু’টো লাইট আর্মাড রেজিমেন্ট।

সব মিলিয়ে পূর্ব রনাঙ্গনে ভারতীয় সৈন্যসংখ্যা ছিল ৫ লক্ষেরও বেশি। তার সাথে ছিল পর্যাপ্ত পরিমাণের রণসম্ভার। সেই সময় পূর্ব পাকিস্তানে অবস্থিত প্রায় ১ লক্ষ খানসেনার বিরুদ্ধে যুদ্ধ করার জন্য এ ধরণের বিশাল বাহিনী মোতায়ন করার প্রয়োজন ছিল না।

এই বিশাল সৈন্য সমাবেশ ঘটানো হয়েছিল গণচীনের তরফ থেকে যদি কোন সামরিক পদক্ষেপ নেয়া হয় তার মোকাবেলা করার লক্ষ্যেই।

Thus, with adequate Air and Naval Coverage and assisted with about 200,000 Freedom Fighters, this huge Indian forces attacked the Eastern wing, from all sectors at the same time. In all these sectors, the freedom fighters were blowing up bridges, creating obstacles for the Pakistani and assisting the Indian Army to use the main routes for their advancing forces.

Due to the bridge heads created, it was possible for the Indian allied forces to easily move towards Dhaka by penetrating the enemy's defense.

C in C, of the Bangladesh forces, Colonel Osmani was completely ignored and kept in the dark during this important phase of the war.

Indian Army strategy was to break the enemy line of defense as quickly as possible, cut off the path of their withdrawal, split them into small parts, and compel the fall of Dhaka and force the Pakistani Army to surrender.

In East Pakistan, their army was forced to surrender within 12-days. As, in this front the massive Indian Army 6-7 times stronger and was immensely aided by the Freedom Fighters. The non-cooperation of the people of Bangladesh and the courageous guerrilla activities of the freedom fighters completely destroyed the war effort and morale of the Pakistan army. Among other reasons, this was the main reason for which the Pakistan Army was forced to surrender after a humiliating defeat in very brief war.

Thus, on December 16, 1971, Bangladesh achieved independence as a result of surrender of the Pakistani Armed Forces.

যাই হোক, প্রয়োজনীয় Air ও Naval Cover এবং প্রায় দুই লক্ষ মুক্তিযোদ্ধাদের সাথে বিশাল ভারতীয় বাহিনী একই সময়ে সব সেক্টর থেকে আক্রমণ চালালো। সব সেক্টরেই ভারতীয় বাহিনীর অগ্রসর হওয়ার জন্য রাস্তা করে ব্রিজহেড তৈরী করে দিচ্ছিল মুক্তিবাহিনীর বীর মুক্তিযোদ্ধারাই।

ঐ সমস্ত ব্রিজহেড তৈরী করা সম্ভব হয়েছিল বলেই অতি সহজেই শত্রুপক্ষের ডিফেন্স ভেদ করে ঢাকা অভিমুখে তরিৎ গতিতে এগিয়ে যেতে পেরেছিল ভারতীয় মিত্র বাহিনী।

যুদ্ধের এই গুরুত্বপূর্ণ পর্যায়ে কর্নেল ওসমানীকে সম্পূর্ণরূপে পাশ কাটিয়ে চলেছিল ভারতীয় সেনাকমান্ড। ভারতীয় সেনা বাহিনীর স্ট্রাটেজি ছিল যত তাড়াতাড়ি সম্ভব শত্রুপক্ষের ডিফেন্স লাইন ভেদ করে তাদের Withdrawal এর পথ Cut Off করে তাদেরকে ছোট ছোট অংশে বিভক্ত করে পরাজিত করে ঢাকা অবরোধ করা এবং পাক বাহিনীকে সারেন্ডার করতে বাধ্য করা।

বাংলাদেশে অবস্থিত পাক বাহিনী তাদের চেয়ে সংখ্যায় ৬-৭গুন বড় ভারতীয় বাহিনী এবং মুক্তিফৌজের প্রচন্ড আক্রমণের মুখে মাত্র ১২ দিনের যুদ্ধে অতি করুণ অবস্থায় আত্মসমর্পণ করতে বাধ্য হয়। বাংলাদেশের জনগণের অসহযোগিতা এবং মুক্তি বাহিনীর দুঃসাহসিক গেরিলা তৎপরতা পাক বাহিনীর যুদ্ধস্পৃহা এবং মনোবল একদম নষ্ট করে দিয়েছিল। অন্য সব কারণের মধ্যে এটাই ছিল প্রধান কারণ যার জন্য পাকবাহিনীকে অতি অল্পসময়ের যুদ্ধে শোচনীয়ভাবে পরাজয় বরণ করে নিয়ে আত্মসমর্পণ করতে হয়েছিল।

এভাবেই ১৬ই ডিসেম্বর ১৯৭১ সালে পাক বাহিনীর আত্মসমর্পণের ফলে স্বাধীনতা লাভ করে বাংলাদেশ।

Fall of Dhaka on 16 December 1971/Maheen Usmani
Published on Dec 26, 2009
They say that nations who don't learn from their history are condemned to keep repeating their mistakes. The reasons for the tragic loss of East Pakistan on 16 December 1971 have been distorted, and brushed under the carpet for far too long. We deserve to know the truth about why Bengalis felt oppressed, alienated, disenfranchised and felt they had no option but to cut loose from Pakistan. Let's take a look at the factors which led to the separation of East Pakistan in 1971, and the emergence of Bangladesh.

Lt. Gen. Jagjit Singh Aurora's interview (1987)
Published on Dec 15, 2015

The Fall of Dhaka
Published on Mar 12, 2017
Following the Partition of India in 1947, Dhaka became the capital of East Pakistan.
The 1970 Bhola cyclone devastated much of the region, killed an estimated 500,000 people. The arrest of the Bengali liberation politician Sheikh Mujibur Rahman would also then spark powerful intensive political riots protests and violence again

Reasons for East Pakistan Debacle 1971 | History of Pakistan
Published on Apr 27, 2016
-What was the role of Bengali's in creation of Pakistan?
-Why East Pakistan separated from Pakistan.
-Were people of East Pakistan treated fairly by politicians of West Pakistan?
-Bengali's played vital role in making of Pakistan.
-Role of Sheikh Mujeeb-ur-Rehhman and Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto

কিলো ফ্লাইট....
Kilo Flight-1971

বাংলাদেশ বিমানবাহিনীর প্রথম হেলিকপ্টার Aérospatiale Alouette III. এর দুইপাশে দুইটি রকেট পড এবং দরজায় হেভি মেশিনগান বসানো হয়েছিলো।
20476474_1432241616864267_5811886684849693699_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom