What's new

16th December 1971: From East Pakistan to Bangladesh

Actually you are right. Awami has done some good to strengthen the anti awami forces in the country. As a matter of fact, recently Begum Zia, leader of Bangladeshi nationalist party(BNP) has been calling Awami as party of thugs,cowards and traitors.

You will see the doom day of Awami very soon and Insa'Alla we will eliminate these scums.

Sorry Zakir Bhai....but i compelled to hate BNP more than i hate AL.

AL people are Anti Pakistan was an Open Secret throughout 1948-1971 but Where are BNP minded poeple in that period.....if they are against AL idealogy than why don't they felt their presence in 1970 Elections at least?? JI and Razakars were alone defending Pakistan Idealogy and still defending their deeds courageously on AL onslaught while BNP opt only to live in the headlines on JI/Razakars sacrifices.

No offence but for me they are simply cowards first and than oppotunists at best, The recent by polls elections expose BNP popularity very much and i simply prey to God to wipe them out completely in next GE. AL wins no problem bcz For Pakistan BNP proves just good for nothing anyways in past, At least AL policies force eventually Bengladeshi people to turns towards Islamist Parties one day IA who have the gutts and courage to tie the bull by horns...!!

BNP walas wants to say that they preserve Muslim identity which is a very minute differnce than that AL propagates. Ideologically at least. You could make it a big fuzz but I dont.

I'm 110% agrees with you...their is simply no difference between them Actually..!!

Its just like lioness finally made a kill after huge hue and cry (1948-1971) and the next Mr. Lion came out in the end from his deep nap and snatching/claiming a big pie for one reason or another.

and there is third kind who dont believe in Bangladesh!

Anyway this kind of attitude is harmful for Islamists in Bangladesh.

Let me give you an example....

I sent an sms to a shibir (jamayat) activist once... a urdu poem or sher most probably told by tameem here " mera kishti to oha dubi jaha pani kom tha"

his reply was "if you want to tell me something, use Bangla"

look how careful they are.....

Normally he is very friendly with me. But his reply was rude just to prove his loyalty to motherland.

I am a great fan of him and his speeches. Let me share a story. One day he was arguing with a Bengali nationalist about Bengali language. That guy was saying " bangla vasha theke shob urdu farsi baad dite hobe" My shibir friend calmly answered " Baad is a farsi word which you are using " That guy just stopped and left ....... whenever i see those guys i become hopeful Bangladesh will be an islamic country soon. Saying Bengal Billi infront of Bangladeshis will hamper their hard works to win our confidence... Some people are very ignorant...

As I have said in my early post that Bangladesh is a screwed up nation with screwed up issues.

We are supposedly 90% Muslim nation yet segment of our population is not sincere with Islamic ideology. Pakistan has many problems but they have no issue when when comes to nationalism yet we are so different that now a days, we have BNP-Jamat village, Awami village, BNP stores, Awami store and so on.

Jamat-e-Islami philosophy is to make Bangladesh a Islamic republic, not necessarily reuniting with Pakistan. You are a Muslim too, so it's also your responsibiity to establish Islamic culture in BD. It's not only the responsibility of Jamat. I hope you are not planing to enjoy the free ride while other sacrifices. Are you?

AL people are Anti Pakistan was an Open Secret throughout 1948-1971 but Where are BNP minded poeple in that period.....if they are against AL idealogy than why don't they felt their presence in 1970 Elections at least?? JI and Razakars were alone defending Pakistan Idealogy and still defending their deeds courageously on AL onslaught while BNP opt only to live in the headlines on JI/Razakars sacrifices.

No offence but for me they are simply cowards first and than oppotunists at best, The recent by polls elections expose BNP popularity very much and i simply prey to God to wipe them out completely in next GE. AL wins no problem bcz For Pakistan BNP proves just good for nothing anyways in past, At least AL policies force eventually Bengladeshi people to turns towards Islamist Parties one day IA who have the gutts and courage to tie the bull by horns...!!

you dont have any idea about Jamat and BNP.

Jamat was with Mujib demanding power from military around 1970. During war they joined Pak Army Just because they feared hindu India......................

BNP was formed 7-8 years after independence.... Most of them were ex- Pakistani military officers who fought against pakistan out of desperation, but always hated India.......
AL wins no problem bcz For Pakistan BNP proves just good for nothing anyways in past, At least AL policies force eventually Bengladeshi people to turns towards Islamist Parties one day IA who have the gutts and courage to tie the bull by horns.
They dont claim themselves as Pakistan friendly...... they have no business with Pakistan. They antagonize india indirectly helping Pakistan. So pakistan is out of BNP equation.................

but Where are BNP minded poeple in that period

they served Pakistan in 1965 out of patriotism. They served Bangladesh in 1971 out of Patriotism.... Its simple to understand... if my neighbor attacks my brother, i will save my brother. If my brother attacks me i will save myself............

As I have said in my early post that Bangladesh is a screwed up nation with screwed up issues.

We are supposedly 90% Muslim nation yet segment of our population is not sincere with Islamic ideology. Pakistan has many problems but they have no issue when when comes to nationalism yet were so different that now a days, we have BNP-Jamat village, Awami village, BNP stores, Awami store and so on.

Jamat-e-Islami philosophy is to make Bangladesh a Islamic republic, not necessarily reuniting with Pakistan. You are a Muslim too, so it's also your responsibiity to establish Islamic culture in BD. It's not only the responsibility of Jamat. I hope you are not planing to enjoy the free ride while other sacrifices. Are you?

Do you really think Pakistan fared better than Bangladesh. Even Pakistan is a Islamic Republic but their Karachi city is one of the most ethnically tensed city in the world, 1500 alone died this year. And their country has become proxy for Saudi Arabians and Iranians funded Shia-Sunni tensions.

"Origination of Envision is not a collective effort". Envision comes from a single point which is supported and driven by collective effort. It reminds me a famous quote from Abraham Lincoln "I dont stand for what is popular but I stand for what I believe in". He was one of most unpopular US president ever seen and it was not easy to sell his vision to the nation.

Now if you ask every Bhuka Nanga bengali to become Lincoln than I am sorry. They are not fit for the job. But if you come up with a revolutionary vision than I can guarantee that you will find those Bhuka Nanga bengalis by your side. They did it everytime but were left behind.

And your Bengali/Bangladeshi split, its just a fiction of so called urban warrior. Ask any ordinary citizen on the street, they will just make fun about those funny politicians who made that a deal after all.

I didn't say we have to compare ourselves to the US :lol: Nor did I say that there has to be a revolution in Bangladesh.

Mujib in fact did have a vision. Albeit a good one. The problem was that he wasn't able to articulate it properly due to the fact that he made friends and alliances with bad people. That made him set up a one-party state and since things weren't going smoothly, the guy paid with his life.

I understand that most Bangladeshis want food on their table, a roof over their heads, and lead a comfortable life. But that alone isn't enough. The chaotic politics of Bangladesh explains it all. And that's exactly what the Bangladeshis worked toward.

You have no vision, you have no idea where you want to go. Yes, it is that simple! And not a single leader in Bangladesh had been able to do that other than trading cheap shots at each other and trolling.

Can there be a revolution in Bangladesh? It is said that the Liberation War was an unfinished revolution. Only time will tell. And the factors are there.

First Pakistani ever.

AL people are Anti Pakistan was an Open Secret throughout 1948-1971

There was no Awami League in 1948.

but Where are BNP minded poeple in that period.....if they are against AL idealogy than why don't they felt their presence in 1970 Elections at least?? JI and Razakars were alone defending Pakistan Idealogy and still defending their deeds courageously on AL onslaught while BNP opt only to live in the headlines on JI/Razakars sacrifices.

What's wrong with having another party other than just AL? :lol: And there were good reasons for the founding of BNP. Look up the history of the Mujib-era.

You prey God? wtf :lol:

Are you saying that the BNP works for Pakistani interests alone in Bangladesh? Or that it relies on Pakistani funds? :lol:

Pakistan's problems and Bangladesh's problems are completely different. No use bringing them under the same microscope. I fail to understand why some people tend to relate Bangladesh's problems to Pakistan's.

And betting on Indian Army to slaughter a party with whom many Bangladeshis support? That's really cute.

If you want Bangladesh to do well and be independent, then do respect the opinions of Bangladeshis. You nor the Indian Army do not have any right to deny that sovereignty.

We are supposedly 90% Muslim nation yet segment of our population is not sincere with Islamic ideology. Pakistan has many problems but they have no issue when when comes to nationalism yet were so different that now a days, we have BNP-Jamat village, Awami village, BNP stores, Awami store and so on.

Nope bro, even the JI leaders have been and will be seen in Puja Mondob during Durga Puja while being in the power, that's because the majority of the population wants a secular nation!! They may have expressed their vision to make Bangladesh an Islamic republic but its known to them also that its not possible since the majority are secular minded!! And I don't see any harm in that, doing that we wont turn into Kafirs, it will just ensure the right of practicing everyone's religion!!

Nope bro, even the JI leaders have been and will be seen in Puja Mondob during Durga Puja while being in the power, that's because the majority of the population wants a secular nation!! They may have expressed their vision to make Bangladesh an Islamic republic but its known to them also that its not possible since the majority are secular minded!! And I don't see any harm in that, doing that we wont turn into Kafirs, it will just ensure the right of practicing everyone's religion!!

Muslims can still visit and check out Durga Puja places. Not worship them.

But yes, you are right. Most Bangladeshis opt for a secular state, but at the same time religious-minded. And also ensure the rights of minorities.

You are right on the money. Did you ever seen JI propagated for Sharia law?? Only in their constitution they used to remotely say that the law should be made by Allah which they changed last time replacing with "Law should be made by the parliament". In none of their election menifesto they ever said about implementing "Saria Law". They know it very well that this kind of comment could bring their popularity down to zero and will have zero probability of winning a single seat.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

We are supposedly 90% Muslim nation yet segment of our population is not sincere with Islamic ideology. Pakistan has many problems but they have no issue when when comes to nationalism yet we are so different that now a days, we have BNP-Jamat village, Awami village, BNP stores, Awami store and so on.

Just look into the HIV prevalance in Pakistan and Bangladesh. That will certainly tell you many things.

You are right on the money. Did you ever seen JI propagated for Sharia law?? Only in their constitution they used to remotely say that the law should be made by Allah which they changed last time replacing with "Law should be made by the parliament". In none of their election menifesto they ever said about implementing "Saria Law". They know it very well that this kind of comment could bring their popularity down to zero and will have zero probability of winning a single seat.

The JI are in fact no different from the AL and the BNP. The same result through different shenanigans.

Muslims can still visit and check out Durga Puja places. Not worship them.

I was also saying that they just visited those to just check out!!

But yes, you are right. Most Bangladeshis opt for a secular state, but at the same time religious-minded. And also ensure the rights of minorities.

Exactly, the Sylhetis are believed to be the most pious Muslims in Bangladesh, but then again you will find number of Hindus in that region living peacefully!!

People of Bengal supported Islam in 1947. they even had to go through riots to get muslim Pakistan and separate from Hindu India. What did they get in return??? Humiliation for 24 years followed by genocide?? You are Bangladeshi, so you will know better... out of what circumstance people joined mukti bahini ??

Now people doesnt believe in Islamic rule... To them Pakistan used Islam to rule, now Jamat wants to do so. Shoja Banglay dhormo niye Bebsha! theres a saying........

" ghor pora goru shidure megh dekhle doray"

Give them base, give them hope. They will start supporting Islam again. Unfortunately Jamat failed to do so and there is no other active Islamic party...... Muslim Brotherhood should extend their politics in Bangladesh. I can assure you if they keep Rajakars out of their party and take Bangladesh seriously they will be in power very soon...........

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

majority is secular minded?? where did you get that?? last time when secularism was talk of the country.... I used to follow popular facebook groups and polls...... Always seemed to me Islam vs secularism ratio 60:40.

P.S> our mainstream media and civil society is secular. and that may give you wrong impression.

First Of All Shukriya.Yes Our Ancestor Used Urdu,Personaly I Myself From A nawab & Jamindar Family.So I Know About This And Heard Many Things About Our Ancestor.We Used Urdu Not Because Only Islam But Also Because Most Of The Syed,Nabab Were From Iraqi Origin.So We Love Islamic Culture And Different Then Rest .But Yes ! We Also Know Bangla And Dont Have Any Hatred For It.
It Is Also true jinnah Said So.Because The Theme Of Partition Was " 1 for Muslim 1 for Hindu".And when Pakistan created like hindi he want that(urdu) as common language.As the main motive was all the muslim from both wings will be united .and i think ,Quaid want this ta'kii dono part mein kisi bhi type ki difference na rahein on all aspect but he failed to make it understand.But However Later Bengali get it's official language honour.But what actualy need on that time was bring urdu culture closer slowly to us.like now we all know hindi language,speak on it sometimes.if Jinnah said ,"URDU WOULD BE THE STATE LANGUAGE OF PAKISTAN AS WELL AS HINDI ON INDIA.BUT PEOPLE WOULD GET EVERY RIGHT TO USE THEIR REGIONAL LANGUAGE LIKE ON INDIA TAMIL ALPHABET USED IN KERALA,BANGLA ON WEST....." This misunderstanding would never create.Infact I think Quaid yehi bolna chaha,lakin iska galat matlab nikala gaya.quaid ka matlab ye tha urdu would be state language usi tarha jis tarha hindi on india.kiyun ki india mein hindi speaker very rare,a lot of people dont even undrstnd it still.

Orai Amar Mokher Vasha Kaira Nebar Chay

Ora Kothai Kothai Shikol Porai

Kothai Kothai Shikol Porai

Amaderi Hate Pai

Orai Amar Mokher Vasha

Kaira Nebar Chai

Those stooges are not yet finished.

Je jon Bangladeshete jonme hingshe Bangladeshi shobdo tara Bagdadi( shondeho ase) rokter ata nirnoi kora gese!!!!!

Bravo!!!!!!!

Collaborators are found.

In fact , every Nation is created by the Almighty. Bangladeshi Nation is the creation of the Almighty. Certain Geographic condition ensures the development of a Nation. The people who does not believe this truth iare must collaborators and followers of the Satan, Betrayer to own soil. They are grasper. They love the cluster of the grasper to suck the blood of the human as like Animal.

Be careful!

Nations are created as per the wish of the Almighty. Mind it to get the mental satisfaction.

and about Jamate Islami...

yes they are hypocrite, they are Islamist

and they bow to women..................

But they are corruptionless.

razakar+and+khaleda.jpg

2010-08-24__back02.jpg

Screwed up as in dystopian? Bangladesh is only 40 years old and had partial democracy for a short period of time. It's too early to say that it is dystopian.

Bangladesh had to endure many challenges, even with a stupid government. And many were done so successfully.

It isn't easy to start from scratch under many difficulties.

Pakistan is a another complicated issue with global implications. And that's not the case here.

Religion is a personal thing. I wouldn't say that just by following an Islamic ideology would make Bangladesh better. And it can potentially endanger minorities if done so.

JI is just like the AL and BNP. They say this and that, but nothing concrete.

And for your information, Islam is not a culture, it's a religion. No one can take away faith.

And what are these 'sacrifices' are you talking about?

What can make Bangladesh better? Work hard. Have goals. Have vision. Be honest. Be straightforward and upfront. And most importantly, do not have any hidden agendas, this only does more harm than good.

This was said by a well renowned Turkish businessmen. And Turkey is a Muslim-majority country and a secular one. And it's a thriving and a prosperous one.

Secularism does not strictly mean it has to violate Islam.

Back
Top Bottom