What's new

14th August v/s 15th august

The 'Aryans'? Isn't that rather moth-eaten by now? Whether AIT or OOI, nobody thinks huge hordes of blonde barbarians swept down from the hills galloping their horses through the plains.

Everyone's got the wrong meaning of Aryan lol, be it Hitler or Indians and Pakistanis.
Aryan comes from "Iranian", referring to culture and language of the Aryans (Iranian people). This wave of people spread from west Asia/Iran/middle east/east europe region to modern day Subcontinent.
The "Aryan" people were not blond with blue eyes, but likely lighter than native Dravidian people

IE_expansion.png

Extremely unlikely. Given that we have no idea what connection there was between the IVC and the new culture that spread more or less around the time that the IVC declined.

The 'Aryans'? Isn't that rather moth-eaten by now? Whether AIT or OOI, nobody thinks huge hordes of blonde barbarians swept down from the hills galloping their horses through the plains.

Many artifacts in the IVC that have been found are speculated to hold religious significance to Hinduism.

Regarding the Aryans, whether they were white, blonde haired, or black haired makes no difference to me.

The Aryans definitely introduced horses and Chariots, which would suggest some people did in fact migrate.

Everyone's got the wrong meaning of Aryan lol, be it Hitler or Indians and Pakistanis.
Aryan comes from "Iranian", referring to culture and language of the Aryans (Iranian people). This wave of people spread from west Asia/Iran/middle east/east europe region to modern day Subcontinent.
The "Aryan" people were not blond with blue eyes, but likely lighter than native Dravidian people

<sigh> You dug a hole; did you have to jump into it? And you could have dug a little less deep. Now you can add yourself to the ranks of the 'everyone'.

Many artifacts have been found in the IVC that have been found are speculated to hold religious significance to Hinduism.

Regarding the Aryans, whether they were white, blonde haired, or black haired makes no difference to me.

The Aryans definitely introduced horses and Chariots, which would suggest some people did in fact migrate.

Speculated, is right. There are very many other traces of proto-Hindu belief and worship, within the cultural practices of the sub-continent. There is an unfortunate tendency to try and claim the IVC by discovering 'strong' links between Hinduism and and objects/artifacts in the IVC, claims that are tenuous.

There were no Aryans. It was a group of languages. The people who spoke that language were multi-ethnic. Some people did migrate, but not enough to make a difference to the genetic make-up of the people on the sub-continent, a make-up that was constant from around 40,000 BC. Current historical consensus is that small groups came over, and used their initial conquests, with the human resource that they gained therefrom, and the viral spread of their language, to dominate most of northern India and to make significant contributions to the culture and language in southern India.

We taught you that old religion, and have moved on. Perhaps it's time for you guys to update as well.

Some roaches in my kitchen closet claiming that closet historically belong to them and they are the native of my house...and house came out of that closet...:D

The people of IVC spoke a language called Proto-Indic, developed form Proto Indo-European language
Languages like Sanskrit and Pali developed out of it, centuries upon centuries later, as the population spread eastwards

BTW, Hinduism is a collection of various practices, cultures, myths, stories, poems and beliefs that were present at the time of Arab invasions. They then named you "Hindus", because the first river in the region they came across was the Indus river (even though most Hindus worship Ganges not Indus)

Sorry, but is it not true? The common Indian belief of Sanskrit oldest language and Hinduism oldest religion isn't exactly the case

Just curiousity (I am not contradicting you at this stage, merely seeking some background information).

What makes you think Sanskrit is NOT the oldest language? What WAS the oldest language, in your view?

Vedic religion has many influences from Proto-Indo-Euro religion. The first traces of the proto religion were found in Harrapa.

And most of the influences are on linguistic grounds.

The people of IVC spoke a language called Proto-Indic, developed form Proto Indo-European language
Languages like Sanskrit and Pali developed out of it, centuries upon centuries later, as the population spread eastwards

BTW, Hinduism is a collection of various practices, cultures, myths, stories, poems and beliefs that were present at the time of Arab invasions. They then named you "Hindus", because the first river in the region they came across was the Indus river (even though most Hindus worship Ganges not Indus)

Vedic religion has many influences from Proto-Indo-Euro religion. The first traces of the proto religion were found in Harrapa.

Proto-Indo-European was a language, not a culture, not a people. Not a religion either.

There is no proven connection between Proto-Indo-European language (you cannot see it) and the ruins of Harappa.

I am curious to know what linguistic influences came from Harappa.

What you are trying to say is quite clear, but it is so distorted, so badly understood as to stand for completely different things from the reality.

Just curiousity (I am not contradicting you at this stage, merely seeking some background information).

What makes you think Sanskrit is NOT the oldest language? What WAS the oldest language, in your view?

There is no my view, it's all from linguists and historians.

There was probably one language spoken by our early anciestors, but Sanskrit certainly came from Proto Indic, which then came from Proto Indo-European.
I don't even consider Arabic or Hebrew the oldest languages, as both also came from Proto Semitic.

This is getting positively amusing. One of the fanboy horde from the Pakistani side supporting the RSS/Hindutva thesis.
Wonders will never cease.

Another thing.
There is no connection between PIE and Harappa, btw, none proven at any rate.

Proto-Indo-European was a language, not a culture, not a people. Not a religion either.

It is a linguistic categorization of the Indo-Euro peoples.

In no way does it prove who came from who, but the fact that the earliest traces of evidence were found in Harrapa, speaks for itself.

There is no my view, there was probably one language spoken by our early anciestors, but Sanskrit certainly came from Proto Indic, which then came from Proto Indo-European.
I don't even consider Arabic or Hebrew the oldest languages, as both also came from Proto Semitic.

Just for the record, it was Proto-Indo-European, and then, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan and Sanskrit, as a special case of Indo-Aryan. I am not familiar with the term Proto-Indic!

My original question:
So why is Sanskrit not the oldest language? Which was the oldest language?

This is getting positively amusing. One of the fanboy horde from the Pakistani side supporting the RSS/Hindutva thesis.
Wonders will never cease.

Another thing.
There is no connection between PIE and Harappa, btw, none proven at any rate.

I'm not supporting anything. You want to discuss history, then let's do it.

It is a linguistic categorization of the Indo-Euro peoples.

In no way does it prove who came from who, but the fact that the earliest traces of evidence were found in Harrapa, speaks for itself.

I repeat, as patiently as I can, there was no trace of this language in Harappa. Or Mohenjodaro. Or Lothal. Or anywhere else.

I'm not supporting anything. You want to discuss history, then let's do it.

We are doing it. Unless you are under the impression that this discussion is about topology.

My original question:
So why is Sanskrit not the oldest language? Which was the oldest language?

.....Because Sanskrit itself had ancestors? lol, make sense in your questions atleast.
Oldest language? Dunno, and neither does anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom