What's new

14th August v/s 15th august

No, two cannot play at this game, not when one is playing without a full set of marbles. That one is not I.

When a person makes an assertion, it is for him to prove his assertion, not for others to disprove it.

So much for your silly statement. Now read on beyond your post to see how the bigots come dancing and prancing into action based on your foolish and baseless assertion.

So my statement is wrong because you said so?

Here are some Lines from Wikipedia about relation of IVC and hinduism:

In the aftermath of the Indus Civilization's collapse, regional cultures emerged, to varying degrees showing the influence of the Indus Civilization. In the formerly great city of Harappa, burials have been found that correspond to a regional culture called the Cemetery H culture. At the same time, the Ochre Coloured Pottery culture expanded from Rajasthan into the Gangetic Plain. The Cemetery H culture has the earliest evidence for cremation, a practice dominant in Hinduism till today

Some Indus valley seals show swastikas, which are found in other religions (worldwide), especially in Indian religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. The earliest evidence for elements of Hinduism are alleged to have been present before and during the early Harappan period.[60] Phallic symbols interpreted as the much later Hindu Shiva lingam have been found in the Harappan remains.[61][62]

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/01/IndusValleySeals_swastikas.JPG/220px-IndusValleySeals_swastikas.JPG

220px-IndusValleySeals_swastikas.JPG

NOTE : There is no trace of Islam in this civilization, Heights of stupidity and illogical ideas, Pakistanis still have face to claim IVC. Pakistanis are free to claim Arab civilization and religion.

You fool do you even know what you just quoted... Lol

<sigh> You dug a hole; did you have to jump into it? And you could have dug a little less deep. Now you can add yourself to the ranks of the 'everyone'.

Speculated, is right. There are very many other traces of proto-Hindu belief and worship, within the cultural practices of the sub-continent. There is an unfortunate tendency to try and claim the IVC by discovering 'strong' links between Hinduism and and objects/artifacts in the IVC, claims that are tenuous.

There were no Aryans. It was a group of languages. The people who spoke that language were multi-ethnic. Some people did migrate, but not enough to make a difference to the genetic make-up of the people on the sub-continent, a make-up that was constant from around 40,000 BC. Current historical consensus is that small groups came over, and used their initial conquests, with the human resource that they gained therefrom, and the viral spread of their language, to dominate most of northern India and to make significant contributions to the culture and language in southern India.

Joe, sir do you belong to south india?

NOTE : There is no trace of Islam in this civilization, Heights of stupidity and illogical ideas, Pakistanis still have face to claim IVC. Pakistanis are free to claim Arab civilization and religion.

Can you give answer of my few questions

1. 180m people living in Pakistan came from Mars?
2. All Muslims who came to sub-continent went back in 1947 with all their generations?
3. IVC belongs to Kerala or Tamil Nadu?

Can you give answer of my few questions

3. IVC belongs to Kerala or Tamil Nadu?

It may not belong to South India but surely there is a link between the two. The Indus Valley Civilisation mainly covered the area that is now Pakistan, with its traces in neighbouring countries like India, Iran, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and China. There had been indications of remnants similar to the Indus Valley civilisation in Kerala, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, but the new findings give credence to the fact that the Harappan civilisation had its presence in the region too and could trace the history of Kerala even beyond the Iron Age. A rock engraving, indicating clear remnants of Harappan culture, has been found in the Edakkal caves in Wayanad district of Kerala, linking the Indus Valley civilisation with South India.
The unique symbols integral to the Indus Valley culture traced in Harappa and Mohanjedaro region that stretched upto Pakistan, were found inside the caves during recent excavations by the Archaeological Department. The discovery of the symbols are similar to that of the Harappan civilisation having predominantly Dravidian culture and testimony to the fact that cultural diffusion could take place. It is wrong to presume that the Indus culture disappeared into thin air.

Brahmi script found at Edakkal - Times Of India

Joe, sir do you belong to south india?

Whoa! That's a googly! Tough to answer.

1. Born in South India (Karnataka, actually) like my mother and uncles;
2. Dhaka on my father's side, Barisal on my mother's side;
3. Married to a Tambram from Karnataka, who was born in Kolkata;
4. Lived in Bangalore when it was still beautiful and cosmopolitan, for more than a quarter century.

I don't know what that adds up to. I've worked in Kolkata, Jamshedpur, Kanpur, Ludhiana and Vadodara almost as long as I've worked in Bengaluru, Chennai and Hyderabad. My daughter speaks five Indian languages, my wife speaks four, I speak three and understand two more reasonably well.

Whoa! That's a googly! Tough to answer.

1. Born in South India (Karnataka, actually) like my mother and uncles;
2. Dhaka on my father's side, Barisal on my mother's side;
3. Married to a Tambram from Karnataka, who was born in Kolkata;
4. Lived in Bangalore when it was still beautiful and cosmopolitan, for more than a quarter century.

I don't know what that adds up to. I've worked in Kolkata, Jamshedpur, Kanpur, Ludhiana and Vadodara almost as long as I've worked in Bengaluru, Chennai and Hyderabad. My daughter speaks five Indian languages, my wife speaks four, I speak three and understand two more reasonably well.

That's a lot of languages, but I'm sure there are tons of similar words.

So my statement is wrong because you said so?

Bluntly, yes. I'm educated in this field, and have kept up. You obviously have not.

You fool do you even know what you just quoted... Lol

That Indian just made my day.

I wonder what Mr. Joe has to say about this.

Nothing much really. All that was said was correct, BUT those exact Nsame bits of evidence might come from several other sources as well; there is no one-to-one connection.

Also, a bombastic statement made about Vedic Hinduism is absolutely incorrect. There are similarities between later schools of Hinduism and some of the evidence cited, but the influences could have come from anywhere; from the same sources, for instance, from where the Indus Valley Civilisation got these practices, from older bodies of practice in the sub-continent.

Between Dravidian and Aryan languages? Please re-read post 118.

Between Dravidian and Aryan languages? Please.....

Well Mr. Shearer, all I have seen is your arrogance.

But it has nothing to do with Hinduism, according to Joe Shearer. LoLz

Not so. I said there is no provable connection. Only surmise.

Look at this way.

The people in the Indus Valley today are in all probability the descendants of the people who lived in Mohenjodaro and Harappa, + some later migrants, most prominently the Sakas and the Pahlavas. In the North, some exotic blood from the Tocharians, known to us as the Kushana.

The cultural memories of the civilization, the memes, if you like, were scattered over a wide area, it is possible that some elements, in rudimentary form, had in fact come from these hinterlands in the first place. There is a remarkable difference between Vedic and Puranic Hinduism, although nobody can PROVE a link; we can only guess. Up until the early middle ages, culture in this area and it's surrounding areas was probably similar, with the usual variations due to geographical intervals.

About the discontinuity due to discontinuity of religious practices followed, this is controversial and not worth starting out of its den.

To sum up,there was some dissemination of the culture throughout the neighborhood. But what was the neighborhood? Was it just some parts of western India or a much wider area? Since we don't know what was going on in India outside western India, it's difficult to judge.

Well Mr. Shearer, all I have seen is your arrogance.

I was just being truthful. If it annoyed you, or hurt you, I apologize. That doesn't change matters.

Back
Top Bottom