What's new

14th August v/s 15th august

We gave birth to you from IVC. Thank us before anyone else.

Oh, genius, India was always the original country, from it a part was separated called Pakistan, so it's other way round :D , AFAIK, word "Pakistan" was never in usage until 1930's whereas India/Hindustan/Bharat was in usage for the whole of south Asia for centuries.

btw Happy Independence Day to Pakistani friends here.

You do realize, this following is on "Selective Basis".

i.e. following Najam Sethi, Asma Jehangir and pervez Hoodbhoy, the same usual suspects
..:hitwall:

You can add Marvi sirmed, Moeed Pirzada, zaid Hamid, ahmed Gul some extreme right and some most liberal to balance out narrative.

Hey guys. The other day I was watching a program, may be it was of Najam Sethi. The guy pointed out something very interesting.

How is it that both India and Pakistan achieved freedom at the same time but Pakistan celebrates it's independence day on 14th August while India celebrates its independence on 15th August.

Shouldn't, logically, the independence day have been same? Either 14th or 15th August but it should have been same. Whatsay you?

according to wiki, this was done so viceroy mountbatten can attend ceremonies in both Karachi and Delhi

14 Aug is not seen good in India. As Pakistani emotions are attached with it. I will not comment...

The signing off of some papers for Pakistan was done on 14th August, for India on 15th August.

Celebrations kicked off on the 14th, when Lord Mountbaten came here on that day, it was planned for the 15th initially but since he couldn't be in both places at once he came to Pakistan a day earlier to formally hand it over. Although on documents it was written 15th but practically it was 14th.

exactly

that's why they did so

I read it somewhere in a book, Jinnah of pakistan by Stanley Wolpert i think, that this was because at midnight, two states were created, and so, these two states used different time zones, India was half an hour ahead of us, while we were half an hours behind.

So when it was 12:00 at night in India, it was 11:30 in Pakistan state time.

hence it was 15th in India, but 14th in Pakistan.

the best explanation in the thread

It's plain and simple. IVC belongs to us, not you.

IVC belongs to non Muslim buddhist and Hindu ancestors of yours

IVC was part of Indian subcontinent

then Aryans moved further and came in basin of Ganga

a significant of north indians i.e Punjabis,Haryanvis are aryans

so our claim on IVC is valid

we are not denying that IVC belongs to, but saying that it belongs to us too

and my statement is supported by comments of Jinnah about both Pak and India having claim on Ancient Indian heritage

Pakistan is bigger than india one day, Happy Independence to Pakistanis

Oh, genius, India was always the original country, from it a part was separated called Pakistan, so it's other way round :D , AFAIK, word "Pakistan" was never in usage until 1930's whereas India/Hindustan/Bharat was in usage for the whole of south Asia for centuries.

btw Happy Independence Day to Pakistani friends here.

Pakistan was created with a different name over one thousand years ago. We created this entity called Hindustan or India and ruled it for almost a thousand years and later retained it as Pakistan. The nearest anybody else reached to create such an entity were Buddhists and that was over 4000 years ago. After our rule, the British ruled it for almost two hundred years.

For you people, it has just been slightly over 60 years.

btw Happy Independence Day to Indian friends visiting here. :)

Pakistan was created with a different name over one thousand years ago. We created this entity called Hindustan or India and ruled it for almost a thousand years and later retained it as Pakistan. The nearest anybody else reached to create such an entity were Buddhists and that was over 4000 years ago. After our rule, the British ruled it for almost two hundred years.

For you people, it has just been slightly over 60 years.

btw Happy Independence Day to Indian friends visiting here. :)

Hmm I guess people like Ashoka, ChandraGupta, SamudraGupta etc were rulling Mars.

india gained independence at midnight of 15th.. pakistan also got at same time, but it was half an hour ahead 1130 pm on 14th .. simple as that

Hmm I guess people like Ashoka, ChandraGupta, SamudraGupta etc were rulling Mars.

Out of the three that you mention, Ashoka and Chandragupt were Buddhists. Samudragupt was a Hindu who ruled only over part of North India and his empire was neither as big as the two Buddhist rulers empires were or for that matter the empires of Muslim rulers.

And like I said, for you people, it is just over 60 years.

Out of the three that you mention, Ashoka and Chandragupt were Buddhists. Samudragupt was a Hindu who ruled only over part of North India and his empire was neither as big as the two Buddhist rulers empires were or for that matter the empires of Muslim rulers.

kk sir we just came into existance, and the great pakistan existed 10000sss yra ago. we r jealous of ur history and culture.

Chandragupta was Buddhist, can you prove this. :girl_wacko: Other day some Pakistani told me people of IVC were Buddhist too.:lol:
Whatever religion Kings had, they were one among us Indians. :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom