What's new

12 Turkish Soldiers Killed In Clash With Kurdish Militants

NeutralCitizen

Reaction score
Turkish officials say Kurdish militants killed a dozen soldiers and wounded six others in clashes in the southeastern Diyarbakir Province.

Authorities in Diyarbakir say Thursday's attack was the largest on Turkish troops in more than a year.

The outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party has been fighting for an ethnic homeland in southeastern Turkey since 1984. That fighting between Turkish forces and the rebels has killed about 40,000 people.

The Kurds are expected to play an important part in Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's push to amend the country's constitution, which was written in 1982 when Turkey was under military rule.

The prime minister says the amended constitution would guarantee more rights for minorities, including Kurds. Kurdish leaders say it should recognize the Kurds as a distinct element of the nation and grant them autonomy.

http://blogs.voanews.com/breaking-n...diers-killed-in-clash-with-kurdish-militants/

RIP why doesn't Turkey get rid of the Kurds and deport them all off to Iraqi Kurdistan if they want their Imaginary Kurdistan so bad.

The legendry Islamic hero Salahuddin Ayubbi was a kurd who liberated many arab lands from the grip of colonial cross and incompetent leader..today one muslim country is persecuting another..why?

The legendry Islamic hero Salahuddin Ayubbi was a kurd who liberated many arab lands from the grip of colonial cross and incompetent leader..today one muslim country is persecuting another..why?

nationalism brother, the colonial mentality

Nationalism... especially the one based on ethnicity is root cause of all problems in the Muslim world...the foreign powers are supporting Kurds against Turkey and Baloch against Pakistan and Iran.....they have done it before when they broke Ottoman Empire now they are doing it again...May God protect Muslim countries from their pathetic designs !!!!

May God's curse be upon those who create division among us on the basis of ethnic nationalism.. Prophet Muhammad (S) disliked nationalism ..and surely we should hate this concept...may these ethnic nationalists suffer in this world and in the hereafter !!!! Amen

Long live Turkey...Long live the Muslim World

VATAN SAGOLSUN!

MEKANLARI CENNET OLSUN, SERREFSIZ PKK. SEHITLER OLMEZ VATAN BOLUNMEZ!

m7uln7.jpg

RIP why doesn't Turkey get rid of the Kurds and deport them all off to Iraqi Kurdistan if they want their Imaginary Kurdistan so bad.
Turkey doesn't need a Spanish Inquisition.. Majority of Kurds in Turkey despise PKK and its advocacy groups. Hypothetically, let's just say in the future Kurdish majority south eastern region put on a referendum about whether region should be autonomous or not. In a country which doesn't have a democratic system, this referendum would surely will pass. But in Turkey this is not the case. Spanish example is too distinct to compare, if you were to bring that up. PKK and its followers only wasting their times and lives of others for a cause that has no solid logical base at Turkey's current political climate. Continuous attacks, such as this, does not help to resolve anything but to create obstacles for future generations.

bir kac yil sonra ben de gidiyom, asker olmaya. insallah dayim gibi bende bikac pkkyi gøtlerinden sikerim de gørurler bu askerleri sehit etmeleri. silahi gøtune sokup sikmazsam. sizi serefsizler!

Turkey doesn't need a Spanish Inquisition.. Majority of Kurds in Turkey despise PKK and its advocacy groups. Hypothetically, let's just say in the future Kurdish majority south eastern region put on a referendum about whether region should be autonomous or not. In a country which doesn't have a democratic system, this referendum would surely will pass. But in Turkey this is not the case. Spanish example is too distinct to compare, if you were to bring that up. PKK and its followers only wasting their times and lives of others for a cause that has no solid logical base at Turkey's current political climate. Continuous attacks, such as this, does not help to resolve anything but to create obstacles for future generations.

I'v been hearing Kurds don't support the PKK but that's wrong Kurds Worship ocalan as their personal god, and Autonomy is not the best option it will flare succession movements , Turkey is getting a new constitution which will provide Kurdish rights , when is that coming ?

I'v been hearing Kurds don't support the PKK but that's wrong Kurds Worship ocalan as their personal god, and Autonomy is not the best option it will flare succession movements , Turkey is getting a new constitution which will provide Kurdish rights , when is that coming ?

you are right and wrong in some cases. to be honest with you, i dont trust turkish kurds as much as i would trust iraqi kurds! a lot of the kurds in the eastern region of turkey and bdp supporters has ocalan as their big leader!

the new constitution have i made a topic about, you should check it out!

http://www.defence.pk/forums/turkey-defence/119147-ak-party-announces-ambitious-new-government-program.html

you are right and wrong in some cases. to be honest with you, i dont trust turkish kurds as much as i would trust iraqi kurds! a lot of the kurds in the eastern region of turkey and bdp supporters has ocalan as their big leader!

the new constitution have i made a topic about, you should check it out!

http://www.defence.pk/forums/turkey-defence/119147-ak-party-announces-ambitious-new-government-program.html

Great post, Iraqi Kurdistan is a safe haven for Kurdish Rebels from Syria, Iran, and Turkey, the Problem is will Turkey, Syria, or Iran take the Necessary Steps with Iraqi help of Cleaning it out.

Great post, Iraqi Kurdistan is a safe haven for Kurdish Rebels from Syria, Iran, and Turkey, the Problem is will Turkey, Syria, or Iran take the Necessary Steps with Iraqi help of Cleaning it out.

i know turkey has sent in forces to take out pkk camps in northern iraq. and that iran actively fights against pjak (iranian pkk). syria has gotten harsh harsh after almost a war with tem back in 1999-2000! i dont know much about syria and iraq but iran and turkey fights them!

Well some Kurds, quite a number, do see Ocalan as a "god" figure, but most of the Kurds see a man with bloody hands. I do agree that autonomy of a region never works well, but I do support giving more powers to municipalities in general. About new constitution, it's heart and soul will be human centric. So it won't have special passages for ethnicities.

to be honest with you, i dont trust turkish kurds as much as i would trust iraqi kurds! a lot of the kurds in the eastern region of turkey and bdp supporters has ocalan as their big leader! l[/URL]
For me it's kinda different. I do trust Kurds, Turks, Laz's, Germans, English.. I'm not a optimist believer that everyone is trustworthy. But trust, as you know, is gained not taken. And that trust is interpersonal; you judge a person by its character not by its color, ethnicity or religion.

Another contradiction that I find interesting is BDP advocates that they are representing all Kurds. Election results and public opinion surveys tell us they actually do not. Interestingly enough their representation is much lower than half of Kurdish population.

I think, we recognize strong elements of Kurds people in the center, it is serious issues as we don't know how long it will stop fighting each other. Kurds people should have independent, after Sudan and Kosovo, which is Kurdistan. It will be good for all neighbors especially Turkey and stable peaceful situations.

kurdistan.gif

Back
Top Bottom