What's new

Two Soldiers and One Cop killed in Turkey

I would say the same thing to that MF's face.

"A person who dies while working to earn money" isn't the description of a martyr by my book
Person who dies to serve his/her nation is a martyr

calling the dead cops "martyrs" would be an insult to the men who served our nation.
Terörle mücadele yıllarında şehit düşmüş PÖH mensuplarımızı tenzih ederim.

You are getting your emotions all high and threw common sense out the window. Just because someone does a dangerous "job" does not mean he is dipping out of your pocket. He is doing a job that keeps your streets safe, traffic flowing and protecting his community. Nowhere is it a given that the person took that job to die. Have a bit of respect, its not demanded here on the forum but you might be termed a retard for airing out those opinions in public.

I personally read El-Fatiha for their souls because they were doing their job and protecting people from danger.

The following information should clear up the debate regarding who is sehit and who is not:

The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, "Everyone who dies has his actions sealed, except for the one guarding the border in the way of Allah - his actions continue to increase for him until the Day of Resurrection and he is saved from the trials of the grave." [Abu Dawud]

It has been narrated on the authority of Anas b. Malik that the Messenger of Allah (may peace he upon him) said: Who seeks martyrdom with sincerity shall get its reward, though he may not achieve it.

—Collected by Muslim, "Sahih Muslim"[5]

Those who leave their homes in the cause of Allah, and are then slain or die,- On them will Allah bestow verily a goodly Provision: Truly Allah is He Who bestows the best provision.

—Qur'an, Surah 22 (Al-Hajj), Ayah 58

Think not of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead. Nay, they live, finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord; They rejoice in the bounty provided by Allah: And with regard to those left behind, who have not yet joined them (in their bliss), the Shuhada's [martyrs'] glory is in the fact that on them is no fear, nor have they (cause to) grieve.

—Qur'an, Sura 3 (Al-i-Imran), Ayat 169 – 170

There are at least 5 different kinds of martyrs according to Hadith.

Allah's Apostle said, "Five are regarded as martyrs: They are those who die because of plague, abdominal disease, drowning or a falling building etc., and the martyrs in Allah's cause.

—Collected by Muhammad al-Bukhari, Sahih al-Bukhari[10]

I heard the Prophet saying, "Whoever is killed while protecting his property then he is a martyr.

—Collected by Muhammad al-Bukhari, Sahih al-Bukhari[11]

Last edited:
I personally read El-Fatiha for their souls because they were doing their job and protecting people from danger.
Do cops care if we're committing crimes or doing something as innocent as going to local grocery store to buy bread?

Nope... why should we care? They see a protestor and they shoot.. Are they so much better than you and I to deserve a better treatment?
forcetrip said:
You are getting your emotions all high and threw common sense out the window. Just because someone does a dangerous "job" does not mean he is dipping out of your pocket. He is doing a job that keeps your streets safe, traffic flowing and protecting his community. Nowhere is it a given that the person took that job to die. Have a bit of respect, its not demanded here on the forum but you might be termed a retard for airing out those opinions in public.
Or perhaps I'm just trying to prove a point, and you're the only person who's not getting it?

Do cops care if we're committing crimes or doing something as innocent as going to local grocery store to buy bread?

Nope... why should we care? They see a protestor and they shoot.. Are they so much better than you and I to deserve a better treatment?

Or perhaps I'm just trying to prove a point, and you're the only person who's not getting it?
They are not superior to any one and they don't deserve better treatment because technically they should be at the same level as us. I feel bad for anyone that has died.

I choose not to go into politics on this forum.

They are not superior to any one and they don't deserve better treatment because technically they should be at the same level as us. I feel bad for anyone that has died.

I choose not to go into politics on this forum.
fair enough :)

I'm pretty much with George Carlin on this one :)
Code:
http://youtu.be/w15OS2PdCKo?t=7m40s

fair enough :)
I can see where your original comment came from though but still we should respect the dead. According to the islamic sources I posted above one must have the proper intention to be considered sehit in most cases. So if he isn't doing his job for allah he can not be considered a sehit by the islamic definition. Whether or not anyone applies this definition is a separate issue,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom