What's new

1000 Minority girls forced into marriage each year : Report

There are cases of certain girl who were kidnapped at the age of 10 years but under Mullah pressure your court legitimized such forced conversion of 10 years old girl making the mockery of judicial system. In which judicial system, 10 years old girl can decide their future of getting married without the consent of her parents. :wacko:

Those cases are few in number and I agree that it is a mockery of judicial system.

Lil more clearly pls 8-)
Had enough of India and secularism BS, time to end it, declare India as Hindu nation, those who want to stay obey uniform civil code and be respectful of hindus otherwise, they can go to hell.We already gave them a piece of our nation.

A systematic cleansing of minorities in Pakistan.While Pakistani PDF members here always talk a lot about minority protection in India.Pakistani Friends ,I want to know your opinions.Compare India and Pakistan with this report .
I am not saying that we Indians are 100 %perfect.But I can concede my country is too better than this.
Minorities lead a good life in here without persecution like this except some riot disturbances.

For thousands of years Pakistan and India were united.
We parted ways just 65yrs back.
I am optimistic about it.

Why Bangladesh isn't given the same chance to merge with India?

@IamBengali why these hindus keep ignoring you and instead dream about merging with Pakistan? You guys are much closer to them.

Have you met an Indian???
I have met many Pakistanis and I can claim that Indians and Pakistanis still share a lot in common.

Only race of Pakistan that has anything to do with India are our Punjabis and most Pakistani Punjabis hate everything about India. Also you can understand some of our urdu while we can understand some hindi but that is also irrelevant as I can also speak to an Anglo in English that does not mean we should unite LOL.

It got published long back,you cant do anything about it.:p:

Agreed.
But that would be also be an end to so many other problems.
Instead of 2 hostile enemies we would have just one.

Minorities mostly are discriminated on the basis of their religion.This would have brought an end to that issue too.

Talk for yourself Mr.Kurup.
I have heard them too. :-)

The defence budget would decrease and that would help us divert the money and attention to a lot of other causes.
Pakistan btw is rich in resources which is an added advantage.
Our technology,defence and exports etc would get a boost.

Voilà!!!
I 've managed to unite Indians and Pakistanis on atleast one issue.
I guess its working already. :-)

Off topic:
Why were you banned?
I am from south India I dont share your enthusiasm in uniting with Pakistan, we seperated cos they didnt want to live with Hindus, why should we court trouble and embrace trouble again, its good as it is now.i seen enough pakistanis and studied with them so my idea of them is different than yours.

A systematic cleansing of minorities in Pakistan.While Pakistani PDF members here always talk a lot about minority protection in India.Pakistani Friends ,I want to know your opinions.Compare India and Pakistan with this report .
I am not saying that we Indians are 100 %perfect.But I can concede my country is too better than this.
Minorities lead a good life in here without persecution like this except some riot disturbances.

Majority of hindu lefts are dalits, they are basically carry nomadic life style. Similar groups in India live in extreme poverty. They were never accepted in mainstream by hindus, so they didn't care to move to India, or were too poor to move out. Maybe also its possible they didn't even knew about partition till much later living in remote areas.

This is very much expected..pakistan has been created on the basis of hatred..minorities have sealed their fate in pakistan.

Only race of Pakistan that has anything to do with India are our Punjabis and most Pakistani Punjabis hate everything about India. Also you can understand some of our urdu while we can understand some hindi but that is also irrelevant as I can also speak to an Anglo in English that does not mean we should unite LOL.

That love was gone when in 47 punjabi sikh/hindus started genocide of East punjab muslims. Yes west punjabi muslims also killed in revenge but there is difference between revenge and systematic genocide with help of Indian goverment.

So Pakistani punjabis hate punjabi hindus/sikhs and will never forget 47 genocide.

Last edited:
1,000 minority girls forced in marriage every year: report - DAWN.COM

5343618036fa4.jpg

WASHINGTON: An estimated one thousand Christian and Hindu women are forced to convert and marry Muslim men in Pakistan every year, says a report released on Monday.

According to a report by the Movement for Solidarity and Peace in Pakistan, up to 700 of these women are Christian and 300 are Hindu.

“The true scale of the problem is likely to be much greater, as a number of cases are never reported or do not progress through the law-enforcement and legal systems,” the authors claim.

The MSP also issued an appeal for action along with this investigative report detailing forced marriages and conversions of Christian girls and women in Pakistan.

The Christian community in Pakistan is over two million in size, accounts for 42 per cent of Pakistan's minority population, and is mostly resident in Punjab.

MSP’s investigations find that cases of forced marriages/conversions follow a distinctive pattern: Christian girls — usually between the ages of 12 and 25 — are abducted, converted to Islam, and married to the abductor or third party.

The victim's family usually files a First Information Report for abduction or rape with the local police station. The abductor, on behalf of the victim girl, files a counter FIR, accusing the Christian family of harassing the willfully converted and married girl, and for conspiring to convert the girl back to Christianity.

Upon production in the courts or before the magistrate, the victim girl is asked to testify whether she converted and married of her own free will or if she was abducted.

In most cases, the girl remains in custody of the abductor while judicial proceedings are carried out.

Upon the girl's pronouncement that she willfully converted and consented to the marriage, the case is settled without relief for the family. Once in the custody of the abductor, the victim girl may be subjected to sexual violence, rape, forced prostitution, human trafficking and sale, or other domestic abuse.

These patterns of violence and miscarriages of justice are explored in the report through an examination of 10 illustrative cases.

The report also describes the historical and social context of the problem, and the particular grievances of Pakistan's Christian community in relation to the existing legal, political, and procedural guarantees for the protection of human rights of Pakistan's religious minorities. The report also highlights the patterns of violence through which the law and social attitudes become complicit in providing immunity for perpetrators, and the complex nature of associated crimes that make it difficult to categorise this crime as specific to religious identity. The report concludes with detailed recommendations at various levels — national, provincial, and local — for key stakeholders.

MSP is mobilising an inclusive coalition to raise awareness on this issue. MSP will host outreach events in the coming weeks in Pakistan (in collaboration with the National Commission of Justice and Peace in Pakistan) and around the world.

Okk this story is a very screwed...Why would some retard convert a Hindu or Christian to a Muslim and then subject her to prostitution?! :blink:

I guess Christian missionaries from Movement for Solidarity and Peace exgerate without thinking...

The only awareness one can drill into such people if it happens at national, provincial and local levels is issue some form of a fatwah like (apparently people think fatwah is something sacred and hence such a thing is needed) saying if one is forced or even threatened to convert the conversion is invalid!

A number of reasons..

By the time Police is goaded into investigation and a case is filed she is a mother and is torn between her children and parents.

Even if she deposes against her abductors and husband by the time the court decides she still has to live with them till custody is handed over.Further, the husband can go to a higher court which can be made to drag for years. By then she has more children.

Next is the unacceptability in the family / society she came from.

Lastly, her parents may be living in the same village/ colony. Even if she were to go back, she would be living next door !

The list goes on - apply yourself.

What you described is something from an Indian drama serial!

Pure propaganda against Pakistan.

Shameful report.
double that! Cant believe someone can actually come up with such crap!

Back
Top Bottom