What's new

$10.8 bln "bunker-buster" US sells to UAE & Saudia

Isn’t their technology, it’s a bought design to be produced locally.

There is a big difference, inventing means acquiring the skills and know-how which means knowledge that enables designing weaponry independently, not buying designs and tech from others or letting others design it.

UAE’s society system is a little like the US, everyone is welcome, it gives good oppurtinities but it isn’t all owned or achieved by the locals rather good management by the few leaders. It’s the million foreigners that run the country basically.

Turkey didn’t design the T129, the concept was bought, same for the UAE weapons.

You don't have to reinvent the wheel to manufacture a car, this logic irritates me. Many of US and Russian arms were inspired and even stolen from Nazi Germany, and some with their scientists help. To be smart is to start from where others finished, not to start from the very beginning where the world wouldn't wait you till you reach them.

Read this plz:

"In September 2012, Denel Dynamics signed an important deal with the UAE’s Tawazun Holding. By creating a joint firm near Abu Dhabi to manufacture and develop guided weapons, the new Tawazun Dynamics partnership will be able to offer GPS-guided glide bombs and more to customers throughout the Middle East, and around the world. It’s another significant crack in a set of barriers that have given western countries a great deal of leverage with countries who buy their fighters."

And this:

The steps in defense production for a developing nation:

1 Capability of performing simple maintenance
2 Overhaul, refurbishment and rudimentary modification capabilities
3 Assembly of imported components, simple licensed production
4 Local production of components or raw materials
5 Final assembly of less sophisticated weapons; some local component
production.
6 Co-production or complete licensed production of less sophisticated weapons
7 Limited R&D improvements to local license-produced arms
8 Limited independent production of less sophisticated weapons; limited
production of more advanced weapons
9 Independent R&D and production of less sophisticated weapons
10 Independent R&D and production of advanced arms with foreign components
11 Completely independent R&D production

At least Turkey developed many parts of the T-129 on its own.

Yeah but come, just leave it, there are allways people throwing mud to others archievement if they self cant do anything.

@Doritos11 i dont meany you by this, there are well known trolls in forum who regularly trying to downgrade Turkeys archievents.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't have to reinvent the wheel to manufacture a car, this logic irritates me. Many of US and Russian arms were inspired and even stolen from Nazi Germany, and some with their scientists help. To be smart is to start from where others finished, not to start from the very beginning where the world wouldn't wait you till you reach them.

Read this plz:

"In September 2012, Denel Dynamics signed an important deal with the UAE’s Tawazun Holding. By creating a joint firm near Abu Dhabi to manufacture and develop guided weapons, the new Tawazun Dynamics partnership will be able to offer GPS-guided glide bombs and more to customers throughout the Middle East, and around the world. It’s another significant crack in a set of barriers that have given western countries a great deal of leverage with countries who buy their fighters."

And this:

production.

That’s right, this is faster and a better way.
But it still means that it isn’t their tech.

they are on their way, good for sure but still what I said isn’t false.

production.

they are on their way, good for sure but still what I said isn’t false.

Are you saying that UAE should reinvent the wheels in order to make you feel Wow.

they are on their way.

Yes, they are on their way, and again you don't have to reinvent the propulsion of the missile, the fins, TNT...etc just to be able to claim that it's your tech, it's a JOINT venture to develop and manufacture it. BTW, don't you think it's an exceptional achievement for a small country like the UAE that it's first locally manufactured A2G missile is laser guided and highly maneuverable carrying 500 kg bomb with 100 km range, 0,5 m CEP?

Are you saying that UAE should reinvent the wheels in order to make you feel Wow.

To produce ATGW requires technologies in multiple fields, laser technology is 1 of them if they wish to go for modern ways of guidance, they will need to develop that expertise to design their own ATGW, buying a design and locally producing it is different.

They should learn how to invent it not re-invent it which they are working on right ?

But why are these weapons necessary, though? Surely the Gulf states don't actually expect some kind of attack, do they?

Yes, they are on their way, and again you don't have to reinvent the propulsion of the missile, the fins, TNT...etc just to be able to claim that it's your tech, it's a JOINT venture to develop and manufacture it. BTW, don't you think it's an exceptional achievement for a small country like the UAE that it's first locally manufactured A2G missile is laser guided and highly maneuverable carrying 500 kg bomb with 100 km range, 0,5 m CEP?

As in the above message, should learn how to invent it only, if they know that they are independent in that part.

Impressive, I believe it’s because of the partially US based society they set up. The majority of companies contributing to GDP are foreign settling there because of it’s well fitting system.

Surely you aren’t going to tell me it’s a population of 1 million behind this economy, you’d be surprised looking at all the foreign companies.

As in the above message, should learn how to invent it only, if they know that they are independent in that part.

When the UAE locally manufacture it, then they acquired all it's parts tech already. They have reached a good level by doing that.

Yes, actually, the Saudi Gov't is waiting for someone like you to advise them.

Slow down a little bit please. Are you trying to blame them for your lack of knowledge about their programs and developments :lol:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-d...eek-10-8-billion-u-s-weapons.html#post4875452

I guess your parents didn't raise you well :agree:

Money isn't everything. If money could help it then Japan wouldn't have begged the US to sell them the F-22 - which the US reportedly rejected such offers -

Another thing is these bunker busters are the best in the world that even western countries procure them rather than making ones of their own.

By the way, I kinda got the feeling that you are too jealous at us ;) ..

there is nothing to be jealous at idiots for. bro listen i like saudis but your government is pathetic and is a big joke. wtf do they have planned for once the oil runs out? i hope they do have something.

there is nothing to be jealous at idiots for. bro listen i like saudis but your government is pathetic and is a big joke. wtf do they have planned for once the oil runs out? i hope they do have something.

Well, since you called us idiots I don't think that there is anything to say on that.

Good day moon :wave:

Well, since you called us idiots I don't think that there is anything to say on that.

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......ROFL....God damnnnn it....you guys never change....lolzzzzzzzzzzzz

well don't quote me than yazid. you people are idiots its no doubt about that, on top of that your arrogant not even capable of making ice-cream. i have nothing against saudis but seeing your people throw your future away is just sad and pathetic.

This is unfortunate but Its western perspective about KSA..

"[T]he Saud clan, living in a state of permanent fear... [has] kept the size of the national army and air force to the barest minimum. [W]hat happens to the vast quantity of armaments purchased to please the West? Most of them rust peacefully in desert warehouses." Is that true? The Saudis don't even want the weapons in question and have no intention of using them? They just buy them "to please the West"? Do these deals make any sense to anyone who's not a defense contractor?

--Bradford Plumer

Back
Top Bottom