What's new

What script does Languages in Pakistan use?

What script does Languages in Pakistan use?

Do all of them use Persian as script?
Balti is the only language in pakistan which uses tibetan script
it is also the only language which is from tibeto-burman family of language

Screenshot_3.png

"I am Balti"

written in balti language
this language is spoken Baltistan division of GB and kargil , Purik of indian kashmir
it is almost 90% same with ladakhi and
zanskari

Thats why i hate urdu, i think we should have make hindko, Gilgati or any other non major language from Pakistan with their script as our National language..

Urdu is imposed on us by early Muhajir elite, its shame that we use a National language which is not our.
Hate is a strong word; but I agree with you, Urdu should not have been Pakistan's national language, in my opinion Dari should have been; however having written this, since Urdu is de jour the national language, Pakistan should look after it.

View attachment 304412

"I am Balti"

this language is spoken Baltistan division of GB and kargil , Purik of indian kashmir
zanskari
Mashallah!

Yes all languages in Pakistan including Urdu use Persian script

Urdu script
Urdu is written right-to left in an extension of the Persian alphabet, which is itself an extension of the Arabic alphabet. Urdu is associated with the Nastaʿlīq style of Persian calligraphy, whereas Arabic is generally written in the Naskh orRuq'ah styles. Nasta’liq is notoriously difficult to typeset, so Urdu newspapers were hand-written by masters of calligraphy, known as kātib or khush-nawīs, until the late 1980s.[citation needed] One handwritten Urdu newspaper, The Musalman, is still published daily in Chennai.
No, Balti has her own script.

Last edited:
Urdu has a lot more words common with Arabic than any other language since many Persian and Turkish words are in fact Arabic words or originate from Arabic. Urdu, Arabic and Persian use the same script but there is slight difference in font style between Arabic (Nasq) and Persian (Nast'aleeq) but both are used alternatively.

Btw i agree that initialy we need urdu to unite all groups, but we should now look for our own language.
India and Pakistan would've benefited if the national language of Pakistan is something not similar to Hindi. But, after almost 7 decades, is it possible to shift from Urdu to something like Farsi? Will the population approve the change considering whether you like it or not, many seems influenced by the Hindustani culture and Bollywood influence which has successfully sneaked into your country?

Yes you can say that Pashtu, Sindhi, Punjabi (shahmukhi), Baluchi and Arabic you can write same way with minus or plus few alphabets.
So basically all Pakistani languages are written in the same script?

Are the languages similar? If you speak Urdu, can you understand much Persian?
we can read it both persian and arabic, but wont be able to understand it. But as far as Persian/farsi and Turkish goes, we can understand a little bit, some common words r there. That way we can understand arabic too but not as much as Persian n Turkish.

Thats why i hate urdu, i think we should have make hindko, Gilgati or any other non major language from Pakistan with their script as our National language..

Urdu is imposed on us by early Muhajir elite, its shame that we use a National language which is not our.
:rofl:Yr one big ignorant. Urdu as a national language was selected by none other then the core founding fathers of our country. We r so luck to have such a vast n diverse as well as such n elegant language.

Even i used to hate Urdu subject in my student years and used to get failed. But as time passed and i studied about our region and our history in regards to international relations, I cant thank enough our founding fathers to have selected this great language for us.

Trust me, there is no other language as elegant as Urdu, only French is one which comes close to it.
And im not a Mahajir either im a native Pahari speaker from AJK.

View attachment 304412

"I am Balti"

zanskari
shouldnt u guys adopt a more Pakistani scrip like of Urdu?

Are the languages similar? If you speak Urdu, can you understand much Persian?

We can easily make sense of a sentence written in Persian you wont know all the words but can get a point since Urdu is more than 50% Persian. Pakistani national anthem is all in Persian yet its all in Urdu too.

India and Pakistan would've benefited if the national language of Pakistan is something not similar to Hindi. But, after almost 7 decades, is it possible to shift from Urdu to something like Farsi? Will the population approve the change considering whether you like it or not, many seems influenced by the Hindustani culture and Bollywood influence which has successfully sneaked into your country?

not a problem if our politician decide, they can make a program for smooth transaction.. and i didnt purposed Farsi, i want local language of any non major group which include, Hindko, Balochi etc

we can read it both persian and arabic, but wont be able to understand it. But as far as Persian/farsi and Turkish goes, we can understand a little bit, some common words r there. That way we can understand arabic too but not as much as Persian n Turkish.

:rofl:Yr one big ignorant. Urdu as a national language was selected by none other then the core founding fathers of our country. We r so luck to have such a vast n diverse as well as such n elegant language.

Even i used to hate Urdu subject in my student years and used to get failed. But as time passed and i studied about our region and our history in regards to international relations, I cant thank enough our founding fathers to have selected this great language for us.

Trust me, there is no other language as elegant as Urdu, only French is one which comes close to it.
And im not a Mahajir either im a native Pahari speaker from AJK.

i am ignorant bcoz i am not a urdu (gangaland language) worshiper like you? So our founding father were all visionary? they didnt have ethnicity? Most of Muslim league elite + bureaucracy at that time was from present day gangaland aka bharat... they imposed an alien language on us.. we need a local language so we can get ahead of this same language shit..

Pashto uses modified Arabic script, Naskh, with some unique alphabets......while Urdu is written in Nastaliq.

Speaking of Urdu (modified Hindi).......this language of Delhi-UP is imposed on us. Historically speaking, lingua franca of this region has always been Farsi.

I love the fact that Balti has unique Tibetan script........wishing that they should have Nastaliq (which you are calling Pakistani script, thats funny), is bigotry and narrow-mindedness

Yup, Arabic script. they threw out their local script with the creation of pakistan.
I think they did it because this way it becomes easier for them to learn other local languages and also Arabic.

View attachment 304412

"I am Balti"

zanskari
Thank you for sharing. Very fascinating and very intriguing. Burushaski is also quite a different language.
I love the fact that Balti has unique Tibetan script........wishing that they should have Nastaliq (which you are calling Pakistani script, thats funny), is bigotry and narrow-mindedness
In reality Balti has a more Pakistani script than Urdu, given that it is native to the region unlike the Perso-Arabic script which we imported.
Couldn't have responded in a better manner. Why do we need to adopt anything? quite a stupid mentality.

Yup, Arabic script. they threw out their local script with the creation of pakistan.

You should not comment on matters you know nothing about.

I think they did it because this way it becomes easier for them to learn other local languages and also Arabic.

More of Farsi than Arabic script. This script is what has been used by Muslims of this area for centuries. You can search up on google or head straight to tourism section of this site. Find old pre 1947 pictures of our cities, bazaars, train stations etc. You will see sign boards in persio-arabic script. That has been the standard script in this area much before arrival of British.

In fact, it was same in India especially in Bengal region where both scripts existed side by side mainly because of Muslim rule. Script got eradicated in India somewhat under Raj and more so after 1947.

Exactly!

Back
Top Bottom