What's new

What script does Languages in Pakistan use?

we can read it both persian and arabic, but wont be able to understand it. But as far as Persian/farsi and Turkish goes, we can understand a little bit, some common words r there. That way we can understand arabic too but not as much as Persian n Turkish.

:rofl:Yr one big ignorant. Urdu as a national language was selected by none other then the core founding fathers of our country. We r so luck to have such a vast n diverse as well as such n elegant language.

Even i used to hate Urdu subject in my student years and used to get failed. But as time passed and i studied about our region and our history in regards to international relations, I cant thank enough our founding fathers to have selected this great language for us.

Trust me, there is no other language as elegant as Urdu, only French is one which comes close to it.
And im not a Mahajir either im a native Pahari speaker from AJK.

shouldnt u guys adopt a more Pakistani scrip like of Urdu?
bro this is our identity we are not going to leave it as a matter of fact people do use persian script to write balti but persian script doesnt have all syllables and consonants to fully write balti

So basically all Pakistani languages are written in the same script?
NO balti has its own script

10565247_782953225088309_650906466107388269_n.jpg

balti language written in
persian script
and
tibetan yige script

13173762_991641310885620_6083108748209742114_n.jpg

Pashto uses modified Arabic script, Naskh, with some unique alphabets......while Urdu is written in Nastaliq.

Speaking of Urdu (modified Hindi).......this language of Delhi-UP is imposed on us. Historically speaking, lingua franca of this region has always been Farsi.

I love the fact that Balti has unique Tibetan script........wishing that they should have Nastaliq (which you are calling Pakistani script, thats funny), is bigotry and narrow-mindedness
baltis also use nastaliq
but balti cant be written in any other script
best script for balti is yige (tibetan)
balti have many nasal sounds which cant be written in any other script

bro this is our identity we are not going to leave it as a matter of fact people do use persian script to write balti but persian script doesnt have all syllables and consonants to fully write balti

View attachment 304701

persian script
and
tibetan yige script

View attachment 304702
Thanks for the addition. One following question though what's the religion of Balti people and when I asked my friend about the meanings of the balti and he told me it means bucket. Is it because you have a lot of water in your area?

Thanks for the addition. One following question though what's the religion of Balti people and when I asked my friend about the meanings of the balti and he told me it means bucket. Is it because you have a lot of water in your area?
balti people are 100% muslims

بالٹی = bucket
بلتی = Balti

both has different pronunciation

may i ask where r u educated?

The reason being?

View attachment 304701

persian script
and
tibetan yige script

View attachment 304702

baltis also use nastaliq

How similar is spoken Balti to Tibetan by the way? Sounds like a very cool language.

The reason being?

How similar is spoken Balti to Tibetan by the way? Sounds like a very cool language.
spoken Balti is quite different than standard tibetan
but it shares almost 40% vocabulary and a writing script

Yes all languages in Pakistan including Urdu use Persian script

Urdu script
Urdu is written right-to left in an extension of the Persian alphabet, which is itself an extension of the Arabic alphabet. Urdu is associated with the Nastaʿlīq style of Persian calligraphy, whereas Arabic is generally written in the Naskh orRuq'ah styles. Nasta’liq is notoriously difficult to typeset, so Urdu newspapers were hand-written by masters of calligraphy, known as kātib or khush-nawīs, until the late 1980s.[citation needed] One handwritten Urdu newspaper, The Musalman, is still published daily in Chennai.

thats not true
balti uses tibetan script
which is called yige

View attachment 304701

persian script
and
tibetan yige script

View attachment 304702

baltis also use nastaliq
Mashallah!

lolzzzz....

India and Pakistan would've benefited if the national language of Pakistan is something not similar to Hindi. But, after almost 7 decades, is it possible to shift from Urdu to something like Farsi? Will the population approve the change considering whether you like it or not, many seems influenced by the Hindustani culture and Bollywood influence which has successfully sneaked into your country?

India would have benefited? o_O Elaborate maybe?

:rofl:Yr one big ignorant. Urdu as a national language was selected by none other then the core founding fathers of our country. We r so luck to have such a vast n diverse as

well as such n elegant language.

Even i used to hate Urdu subject in my student years and used to get failed. But as time passed and i studied about our region and our history in regards to international relations, I cant thank enough our founding fathers to have selected this great language for us.

Actually it was patronized (imposed) by the British Raj to weaken the influence of Dari/Farsi (the language of the subcontinent’s Muslim elites) - it was social engineering on a massive scale, to fight 19th century Persia's regional ambitions and soft power. So thank the British too while you're at it! ;p

Balti is the only language in pakistan which uses tibetan script
it is also the only language which is from tibeto-burman family of language

View attachment 304412

"I am Balti"

written in balti language
this language is spoken Baltistan division of GB and kargil , Purik of indian kashmir
it is almost 90% same with ladakhi and
zanskari

Looks closer to Sanskrit.

India would have benefited? o_O Elaborate maybe?

Actually it was patronized (imposed) by the British Raj to weaken the influence of Dari/Farsi (the language of the subcontinent’s Muslim elites) - it was social engineering on a massive scale, to fight 19th century Persia's regional ambitions and soft power. So thank the British too while you're at it! ;p
that was when british were ruling south asia, when Pakistan was born our leaders chose it themselves. British isnt involved in everything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom