What's new

Turkish Tanks Face ISIS at Syria border

That border is 900km. City uprisings? Because what differs us from Muslim World is Human Rights. We use Tear Gas, Water Cannons and plastic rounds against public instead of military firepower.

Warfare is not the thing you folks see everyday when playing FPS videogames.

If you said is with openmind, excuse me but you are an idiot.

Why the fuvk ignorants like you guys can't differ Assymmetric Warfare from Conventional and Urban Warfare.

It is the soldier that the country risks for his people. That's the path we have chosen. It's okay if the soldiers are "irrelevant" at the place where you come from.

I won't take my time to write a hell of a text to explain that manpower and PKK, IS thingy. You'll see. Because as for now, Turkish boots on the ground in Nothern Syria and Iraq is inevitable. You'll see.

Even that basic infantry is supplied with $16,000 for each conscript is better than 70% of the rest of the world infantry units.

We have at leats 6 Cavalry Brigades. And as it was stated, 9000 Cavalry troops (3 brigade) will be used in this op with CAS and artillery support.

Are you in military command!? Allah forbid we are fvcked up.

With these half-brain chain of command, our army would be buried in Syrian desert.

Basic infantry supplied with 16k USD equipment?! You mean G3?

We are using half century old M60's in the east. Not enough attack helos around to cover the air.

Tayyip gave too much gas, you thought you are Ferrari. :)

yeah tts is fine but not the A1's.

Which one are at the border now.

Im confused they all look the damn same. :cry:

Look at their turret ;) there you can see mate

Are you in military command!? Allah forbid we are fvcked up.

With these half-brain chain of command, our army would be buried in Syrian desert.

Basic infantry supplied with 16k USD equipment?! You mean G3?

We are using half century old M60's in the east. Not enough attack helos around to cover the air.

Tayyip gave too much gas, you thought you are Ferrari. :)

Dont come up with "technics of military" to me. What you have is a typical civilian mentality. The things are not simple as you think. You are passing many of many details and write make up facts that make speculations for Turks here and as well as foreign members.

Well, I am the last of 76,000,000 people that would like Tayyip nor his ex wife fetoş..dont come up with that bullsh.it.

Last edited:
Dont come up with "technics of military" to me. What you have is a typical civilian mentality. The things are not simple as you think. You are passing many of many details and write make up facts that make speculations for Turks here and as well as foreign members.

Well, I am the last of 76,000,000 people that would like Tayyip nor his ex wife fetoş..dont come up with that bullsh.it.

Mr. General,

Those recruits in the army came to military with various psychological problems. Most of them are not fit for military service. Discipline is down in the military.

Ah Yes, military is able to battle against small scale attacks of PKK. But not ready to invade Syria. You think you can take 10 km bufferzone. Then it costs you 10.000 soldiers.

Army has to fix a lot before fulfilling the desire of gas pumping politicians. A basic IS fighter is 10x better than your boot shining head sergeant.

Alienoz_TR 6233719 said:
Mr. General,

Those recruits in the army came to military with various psychological problems. Most of them are not fit for military service. Discipline is down in the military.

Ah Yes, military is able to battle against small scale attacks of PKK. But not ready to invade Syria. You think you can take 10 km bufferzone. Then it costs you 10.000 soldiers.

Army has to fix a lot before fulfilling the desire of gas pumping politicians. A basic IS fighter is 10x better than your boot shining head sergeant.
I think your over simplifying. The military has enough capabilities to handle these guys. All isis can do against turkey is bomb civilians and plant ieds. Turkey isnt iraq or syria. Turkey has a legit military that is disciplined and well trained.

Besides Turkey has 10's of thousands of commandos. Those guys are tougher than any isis guys both physically and traing wise aswell as equipment wise.

The fact that this fight will happen in the dessert is an advantage for turkey not isis. They are a guerilla force and will have no where to hide. No forests no caves, only desert and empty villages.

I think your over simplifying. The military has enough capabilities to handle these guys. All isis can do against turkey is bomb civilians and plant ieds. Turkey isnt iraq or syria. Turkey has a legit military that is disciplined and well trained. Turkey has 10's of thousands of commandos. Those guys are tougher than any isis guys both physically and traing wise aswell as equipment wise.

The fact that this fight will happen im the dessert is am advantage for turkey not isis. They are a guerilla force and will have no where to hide. No forests no caves, only desert and empty villages.

You cant know until you fight IS. And once you start, there is no turning back.

Possibilities:
- Some Kurds switch side, attack Turks in the name of IS.
- USA will leave, Turks will suffer both from refugee crisis and military casualties
- YPG, PKK will retreat from battle, leaving it to Turks.
- There will be chaos in the military, some of the soldiers will refuse to participate. Often describing themselves as RDM.
- IS will start bombing both military and civil targets.
- Our tanks will be attacked with ATGM. Our helos will be targeted with SA missiles.
- Our precious allies will provide IS with weapons, behind the curtain.
- USA, Europe, Israel will do everything to create Kurdistan, while we are busy.
Etc...

As I said, neither recruits nor professionals are in shape to combat against IS. This is the IS which fought against US occupation. Turkish army is a few level below than US army.

You cant know until you fight IS. And once you start, there is no turning back.

Possibilities:
- Some Kurds switch side, attack Turks in the name of IS.
- USA will leave, Turks will suffer both from refugee crisis and military casualties
- YPG, PKK will retreat from battle, leaving it to Turks.
- There will be chaos in the military, some of the soldiers will refuse to participate. Often describing themselves as RDM.
- IS will start bombing both military and civil targets.
- Our tanks will be attacked with ATGM. Our helos will be targeted with SA missiles.
- Our precious allies will provide IS with weapons, behind the curtain.
- USA, Europe, Israel will do everything to create Kurdistan, while we are busy.
Etc...

As I said, neither recruits nor professionals are in shape to combat against IS. This is the IS which fought against US occupation. Turkish army is a few level below than US army.

We have this guy :nana:

a0d9f48b375faa121c4fb20dd061bb2b.jpg

Mr. General,

Yes they do. No they are not. Look at current statics. Again, No. It's not. It depends on where you have served. But in times of war and expeditionary, it's jesus speed. We have seen that, everything counts since 1974.

This is excatly why I said that you are making speculations. Please look for Urban Warfare, Conventional Warfare and Assymmetric Warfare and get their differences.

That boot shining head sergeant is the reason why you can put your a.ss in a warm seat and write all these despite being located in the most dangerous position in the World, recently. Show some respect.

Everything you say is simply BS.

View attachment 100668

And Iraqis have this monster. Skeletor, enemy of He-man. Yet some flip-flop wearing Mujahids killed tens, hundrends of these.
The Turkish army isn't the Iraqi army. Some people in their army defected to ISIS others fled. The military fell apart. Some of the guys had no discipline no sense of national honor which is why they defected or fled. But now they kind of recovered.

(Also my picture was a joke)

The Turkish army isn't the Iraqi army. Some people in their army defected to ISIS others fled. The military fell apart. They had no discipline no sense of national honor.

(Also my picture was a joke)

My opinion is that you shouldn't count on conscripts either to fight ISIS as this is an infantry war where highly trained soldiers are the ones who make the difference, same case in Iraq where ISOF is the only force that makes a change whereas the rest isn't game changing.

So only your special forces should be counted as useful in direct action

My opinion is that you shouldn't count on conscripts either to fight ISIS as this is an infantry war where highly trained soldiers are the ones who make the difference, same case in Iraq where ISOF is the only force that makes a change whereas the rest isn't game changing.

So only your special forces should be counted as useful in direct action
Yeah i edited my post based on realities.

I agree the average conscript isn't trained for these types of wars so they would suffer higher casualtiy rates when compared to commandos.

Edit: But that doesn't mean that they will run or anything like that. They just arn't as effective.

Last edited:
Army has to fix a lot before fulfilling the
desire of gas pumping politicians. A basic
IS fighter is 10x better than your boot
shining head sergeant.

A basic IS fighter is a syrian or iraqi arab tribal member who empties a clip in 5 seconds. Battle hardened elite groups (caucasians, afgans, turks) are the problem but luckily they comprise rather low percentage.

And Iraqis have this monster. Skeletor,
enemy of He-man. Yet some flip-flop
wearing Mujahids killed tens, hundrends of
these.

You're exagerrating. Baiji refinery with two-three dozen ISOF as its guards still stands agains besieging IS hordes for 3 months. ISOF cleans IS occupied villages and towns without giving casualties.

As I said, neither recruits nor professionals
are in shape to combat against IS. This is
the IS which fought against US occupation.
Turkish army is a few level below than US
army..

Mate, you really need to learn to differentiate between frontal battle and insurgency (you maintained same attitude in pkk thread). IS did not fight against US, it ambushed them, placed IEDs and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom