What's new

The Political Impact of Chinese President's Proposed Visit

Chak Bamu

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Syed Talat Hussain ‏@TalatHussain12
Chinese prez's security team gets OK frm Army high command and govt.

1. No more Dharna.
2. No threat of Martial Law.
3. Indirect Support from China to current government, if the visit takes place.
4. IK must accept some sort of face-saver before Qadri's PAT gets cleaned out from Red Area.
5. NS wins a repreive, but we do not know if he will learn his lesson or not. I have enjoyed parliamentarians blasting NS for his imperial airs, bad advisers, and general incompetence in handling PAT/PTI combine. I can not say for sure if NS will perform better despite all this.

@Aether , @Oscar , @Horus , @AgNoStiC MuSliM , @xyxmt , @ice_man , @Spring Onion , @Manticore , @blain2 , @Joe Shearer , @cb4 , @JonAsad , @Fracker , @faisal6309 , @TheFlyingPretzel , @AZADPAKISTAN2009 , @balixd , @Syed.Ali.Haider , @Slav Defence , @SBD-3 , @farhan_9909 , @Jazzbot , @Mugwop , @nair , @Dillinger, @Devil Soul , @Counter-Errorist , @WebMaster , @Secur , @Bratva , @Irfan Baloch , @WishLivePak , @Meengla , @scorpionx , @genmirajborgza786 , @syedali73 , @Devil Soul , @Mav3rick , @orangzaib , @saiyan0321 , @Bratva , @Major Sam , @Ghareeb_Da_Baal, @FaujHistorian , @S.U.R.B.

Last edited:
face saving is for people who have political motives. PTI could have accepted demands of PMLN on first day if it was about politics. Imran khan stands for Pakistan, he is standing up against all odds. PMLN, Zardari, Ji, JUIF, MQM, ANP, USA and india all supporting nawaz sharif . He is isolated but salute to his determination

Syed Talat Hussain ‏@TalatHussain12
Chinese prez's security team gets OK frm Army high command and govt.

1. No more Dharna.
2. No threat of Martial Law.
3. Indirect Support from China to current government, if the visit takes place.
4. IK must accept some sort of face-saver before Qadri's PAT gets cleaned out from Red Area.
5. NS wins a repreive, but we do not know if he will learn his lesson or not. I have enjoyed parliamentarians blasting NS for his imperial airs, bad advisers, and general incompetence in handling PAT/PTI combine. I can not say for sure if NS will perform better despite all this.

@Aether , @Oscar , @Horus , @AgNoStiC MuSliM , @xyxmt , @ice_man , @Spring Onion , @Manticore , @blain2 , @Joe Shearer , @cb4 , @JonAsad , @Fracker , @faisal6309 , @TheFlyingPretzel , @AZADPAKISTAN2009 , @balixd , @Syed.Ali.Haider , @Slav Defence , @SBD-3 , @farhan_9909 , @Jazzbot , @Mugwop , @nair , @Dillinger, @Devil Soul , @Counter-Errorist , @WebMaster , @Secur , @Bratva , @Irfan Baloch , @WishLivePak , @Meengla , @scorpionx , @genmirajborgza786 , @syedali73 , @Devil Soul , @Mav3rick , @orangzaib , @saiyan0321 , @Bratva , @Major Sam , @Ghareeb_Da_Baal, @FaujHistorian , @S.U.R.B.
The turmoil is delayed, not over. They will be back, its only a matter of time. Like SKS advised NS to go back to the drawing board once this is over, I think that the hidden powers will also go back to the drawing board and they'll be back whenever government falters in future.

I can not say for sure if NS will perform better despite all this.
Nawaz is a King, he always was, and will always remain one. And Kings such as Nawaz remind of the story which I read as a child, "The Emperor's New Clothes". The story did not tell what happened after the child in the crowd cried "But he isn't wearing anything at all!". This is where Nawaz is standing right now, downright naked, but what he will do next? Well, I believe he will continue to act as usual.

The turmoil is delayed, not over. They will be back, its only a matter of time. Like SKS advised NS to go back to the drawing board once this is over, I think that the hidden powers will also go back to the drawing board and they'll be back whenever government falters in future.

Success begets success, and failure begets failure.

Pakistan has changed. IK has a lot to do with it by making us confront issues that we would rather not discuss. Today, he has lost tons of support, and caused serious financial loss to Pakistan, and aroused millions of middle class people against status quo. We are not the same as a few years ago.

I think Martial Law is a thing of the past as far as I can see.

Before this dharna warna began, I had forecast failure for these idiots.

It was bound to happen, Pakistani people, investors and friends are sick and tired of this delay in moving forward. IK has shot himself in the foot and thanks to his ego which matches that of Nawaz, refuses to admit it. The establishment will NEVER think of anything to alienate the Chinese so essentially IK is about to find himself without a lifeboat.

A facesaving move would be that the establishment gets Nawaz to agree on electoral reforms and hold new mid term elections in the 4 previously contested constituencies. As such, one accomplishment made has been that empowerment of the opposition parties and a shaky PML(N) standing. However, if one is expecting a humble Nawaz league then they are in for a shock. Chances are the man will be looking for payback at any time and it is likely that many controversies are likely to emerge against IK from time to time in the media.

The true winners in this are already happy. They get to tell the government to shove out of foreign policy making for once and for all and essentially force them to stick to trying to survive the now less than welcoming parliament.

The crisis is over if Nawaz Sharif changes his style of governance and thats not going to happen.This guy simply doesn't have the capacity to learn he may survive this year but not betting on him to survive the next one.

Breaking: Anarchists / protesters have started to vacate Parliament's premises. The roll back will not stop. Smart ones will leave sooner, dumber ones will leave later. Idiots, however, shall be thrown out by force. Those not fit to survive might get shafted.

Somebody wrote on twitter: When the tide goes out, we shall see who are not wearing shorts.

It was bound to happen, Pakistani people, investors and friends are sick and tired of this delay in moving forward. IK has shot himself in the foot and thanks to his ego which matches that of Nawaz, refuses to admit it. The establishment will NEVER think of anything to alienate the Chinese so essentially IK is about to find himself without a lifeboat.

A facesaving move would be that the establishment gets Nawaz to agree on electoral reforms and hold new mid term elections in the 4 previously contested constituencies. As such, one accomplishment made has been that empowerment of the opposition parties and a shaky PML(N) standing. However, if one is expecting a humble Nawaz league then they are in for a shock. Chances are the man will be looking for payback at any time and it is likely that many controversies are likely to emerge against IK from time to time in the media.

The true winners in this are already happy. They get to tell the government to shove out of foreign policy making for once and for all and essentially force them to stick to trying to survive the now less than welcoming parliament.

This is why we should find alternative to NS, and it better not be PPP. Who then? I am scratching my head.... Any suggestions? BTW this is a good next thread idea. Who shall lead Pakistan post-Nawaz Sharif?

This is why we should find alternative to NS, and it better not be PPP. Who then? I am scratching my head.... Any suggestions? BTW this is a good next thread idea. Who shall lead Pakistan post-Nawaz Sharif?

Let the system roll, it might very well be the PTI.. or a coalition of sorts.. But the system has to continue rolling.

Supporters of Anarchy need to learn lessons here. PA will never support any revolution. Our Army is a guarantee against bloody change.

It was laughable that young PTI supporters (and unreformed older ones) were braying for Army to step in. Why would it have done so? There was hardly any point in it. Why get boots muddy when you can get your wishes while wearing just socks? We will see another anti-Nawaz movement just before elections. Something else might also happen in the meanwhile. It should be fun to see, if I am still around.

I could launch my own party, but problem is not even people at my home knows me.. forget becoming second option .. :( try someone else @Chak Bamu :police:

Let the system roll, it might very well be the PTI.. or a coalition of sorts.. But the system has to continue rolling.

As long as IK remains unreformed, PTI can not be part of any functional coalition. IK should become Rahber, like Wali Khan and leave party matters in the hands of established and experienced politicians. He should focus on party reorganization and social work, taking care not to say much at all and avoid press. Churchill had to resign and resurrect his career. IK can be a come-back story, but he should now realize that he is not a politician. He should take a higher road. I may give PTI another chance, but I will not give IK another chance if he contests polls. He should get out of electoral politics himself.

I could launch my own party, but problem is not even people at my home knows me.. forget becoming second option .. :( try someone else @Chak Bamu :police:

Who from PDF?

I shall vote for @Oscar , or @niaz sb, or @syedali73 , or @SBD-3 , or you, or many others, provided I am hired as an advisor and promised a cushy seat in the cabinet division. :angel:

----------------------------------------------

Anyway, rumors pouring in that Dharni crap will be over in 2 days. A guarded and conditional congratulations to all in advance.

Last edited:
As long as IK remains unreformed, PTI can not be part of any functional coalition. IK should become Rahber, like Wali Khan and leave party matters in the hands of established and experienced politicians. He should focus on party reorganization and social work, taking care not to say much at all and avoid press. Churchill had to resign and resurrect his career. IK can be a come-back story, but he should now realize that he is not a politician. He should take a higher road. I may give PTI another chance, but I will not give IK another chance if he contests polls. He should get out of electoral politics himself.

I think its a different irony..
Because when IK was a cricketer , he was famous for playing politics in the dressing rooms and selection committee.
Now that he is a politician, he is trying to be a cricketer in the field and telling his "tigers" to hold nothing back.
Perhaps the day IK realizes where cricketing tactics and political shrewdness have their place, he may very well be the next PM of this nation.

One has to understand, there are instances in KPK where PTI has allowed former truck drivers to become MPAs, and that has irked many of those used to the traditional system in the society..such as those that occupy ANP seats.However, instead of working on this ground work and building a solid reputation there.. he has basically come too early(no pun intended) to the streets.

If one was to think of IK and NS as street racers from the fast and furious franchise, one can image IK using his nitrous too quick.. and NS smiling away with "Too soon kiddo".

Back
Top Bottom