What's new

No-Confidence Motion against PTI's KPK Chief Minister Pervez Khattak

Despite my harsh words lately against IK, I am sad to see this (inevitable) development. But PTI, once again, showed their hands too early by threatening to use the powers of the KPK govt. to close Tarbella Dam--which would make this a Federal vs KPK confrontation with ethnic angles. And if PTI dissolved KPK then it could be not be good for the existing system because elections in KPK would be a bloodbath considering the security situation.
Anyway, I am sad because PTI HAD a chance to make KPK a model of governance but the dumba$$ egomaniac IK has ruined those chances.

It's a hollow attempt.

Where a vote of no-confidence has been moved against the CM of any provincial assembly, the authority to dissolve the Assembly automatically vests in the Governor of that Assembly. Article 112(2) of the Constitution, 1973.

"The Governor may also dissolve the Provincial Assembly in his discretion, but subject to the previous approval of the President, where a vote of no-confidence having been passed against the Chief Minister, no other member of the Provincial Assembly commands the confidence of the majority of the members of the Provincial Assembly in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution, as ascertained in a session of the Provincial Assembly summoned for the purpose"

It proves what?

If assembly passes it then the governor has no reason to decline it. Constitutionally administration lies in assembly hence CM, non-functioning CM has to be replaced with a functioning CM.

Despite my harsh words lately against IK, I am sad to see this (inevitable) development. But PTI, once again, showed their hands too early by threatening to use the powers of the KPK govt. to close Tarbella Dam--which would make this a Federal vs KPK confrontation with ethnic angles. And if PTI dissolved KPK then it could be not be good for the existing system because elections in KPK would be a bloodbath considering the security situation.
Anyway, I am sad because PTI HAD a chance to make KPK a model of governance but the dumba$$ egomaniac IK has ruined those chances.

That was empty rhetoric, PMLN should not try to dislodge PTI from KPK (or wait till such a move is made by other parties in KPK assembly and should remain a silent observer till its clear as day that it can actually beat PTI in numbers). Still it would be another bad precedent. PTI has brought nothing but problems for democratic structure in Pakistan.

That was empty rhetoric, PMLN should not try to dislodge PTI from KPK (or wait till such a move is made by other parties in KPK assembly and should remain a silent observer till its clear as day that it can actually beat PTI in numbers). Still it would be another bad precedent. PTI has brought nothing but problems for democratic structure in Pakistan.

When the sitting CM of a province publicly asks for non-payment of utility bills and then threatens to stop a power dam from working because the Federation would cut off power to the non-payee then that scenario can't be ignored! It is a very slippery slope to complete anarchy. Pakistan came close to that in the 80's when CM Nawaz Sharif would not give the protocol to a visiting PM Benazir Bhutto in Lahore. We would never want a repeat of those days.

Instead of doing all this, PTI should have given the time to PMLN to show their work and meanwhile try to do something in KPK to show that his party is eligible to run a country nicely. But he was poised to become PM of Pakistan. All of his and PAT's supporters are just like brainwashed people walking behind illiterate mullah.

It proves what?

If assembly passes it then the governor has no reason to decline it. Constitutionally administration lies in assembly hence CM, non-functioning CM has to be replaced with a functioning CM.

Negates the excuse that the KP assembly can't be dissolved because a vote of no-confidence has been moved against the CM. Even if there is a vote of no-confidence against the CM, the KP assembly can still be dissolved. The Governor will dissolve it.

Re your post:

"The biggest beneficiary of this move is PTI, they have a valid excuse that since there is a no-confidence motion in assembly so they really can't resign/dissolve KP assembly."

batmannow has been thread banned for trying to spoil the thread with his trolling and attempted personal attack. I will not allow this thread to become a troll thread.

I have only appreciation for your capacity of stoicism and your ability to exercise self-restraint. Considering the almost absent contribution which @batmannow has recently made to this forum, I would have considered perma-banning him till the epilogue of the current political situation.

Brother, gone are the days when politicians could expect full obedience from the masses after doing whatever they want to do. Reluctance of Siraj-ul-Haq is an eye-opener.

Ouster of PTI from entire political arena of Pakistan will bring this nation or system to a stand-still. Those in power, fully understand this. This is a brilliant deadlock.

Let us adopt "wait-and-see" approach. One thing is that, I trust Imran Khan more then any other politician in this country, people should take note of his revelations, he have seen it all.

How can one trust a bipolar person?

Nothing will bring this nation to a stand-still. Definitely not a handful of people who don't even represent 1% of the population. PML-N's rabid idiocy to address the rigging allegations is the only reason people have taken to the streets, save TuQs flock of sheep who've come out because the have assumed TuQ is the mouthpiece of Allah himself.

Imran Khan has automatically assumed, to his own detriment, that the the people have come to declare him the Prime Minister of Pakistan. It's about time he told them the truth, that even if certain constituencies, where he alleges rigging in favour of PML-N has occurred, are decided in his favour even then he does not command the votes which he would need to command the helm of the cabinet.

Dharna asal tau ab shuru hua hai. Abhi subhe ki dhoop charrnay do, dekhna kitni muddat kay liyay loag inn do leaderaan ki himmayat kartay hain. Constitution Avenue pay na dukaan hai, na taharat ki jaggah hai aur na he saya hai.

I have only appreciation for your capacity of stoicism and your ability to exercise self-restraint. Considering the almost absent contribution which @batmannow has recently made to this forum, I would have considered perma-banning him till the epilogue of the current political situation.

I had him on my ignore list for more than a year. With Mod duties comes the responsibility to looking at everyone and everything they say, so I had to delete my ignore list. The good thing is that I've found that its just easier to let him go on with his rants. Some people actually like him. He has the mental level, diction, maturity, and usefulness of a typical PTI supporter. But we shall see what happens when PA eventually kicks PTI's behind. He is a supporter of Army, not PTI.

How can one trust a bipolar person?

Nothing will bring this nation to a stand-still. Definitely not a handful of people who don't even represent 1% of the population. PML-N's rabid idiocy to address the rigging allegations is the only reason people have taken to the streets, save TuQs flock of sheep who've come out because the have assumed TuQ is the mouthpiece of Allah himself.

Imran Khan has automatically assumed, to his own detriment, that the the people have come to declare him the Prime Minister of Pakistan. It's about time he told them the truth, that even if certain constituencies, where he alleges rigging in favour of PML-N has occurred, are decided in his favour even then he does not command the votes which he would need to command the helm of the cabinet.

Dharna asal tau ab shuru hua hai. Abhi subhe ki dhoop charrnay do, dekhna kitni muddat kay liyay loag inn do leaderaan ki himmayat kartay hain. Constitution Avenue pay na dukaan hai, na taharat ki jaggah hai aur na he saya hai.

PAT people are committed and they will rather wear diapers than leave him. This person is cursed and will lead his followers to a hell of his own making.

I hope you remember seeing Veloceo-Raptors fighting one another in one of the Jurassic Park movies. This is what we are going to see now. PAT vs. PTI should be fun, despite it being tragic.

I had him on my ignore list for more than a year. With Mod duties comes the responsibility to looking at everyone and everything they say, so I had to delete my ignore list. The good thing is that I've found that its just easier to let him go on with his rants. Some people actually like him. He has the mental level, diction, maturity, and usefulness of a typical PTI supporter. But we shall see what happens when PA eventually kicks PTI's behind. He is a supporter of Army, not PTI.

PAT people are committed and they will rather wear diapers than leave him. This person is cursed and will lead his followers to a hell of his own making.

I hope you remember seeing Veloceo-Raptors fighting one another in one of the Jurassic Park movies. This is what we are going to see now. PAT vs. PTI should be fun, despite it being tragic.

Mate Velociraptors were overplayed in JP. They actually had the brain of a chicken with no cognitive abilities to adapt and learn that quickly but shown to be clever. :D

Mate Velociraptors were overplayed in JP. They actually had the brain of a chicken with no cognitive abilities to adapt and learn that quickly but shown to be clever. :D

It seems the same way with these two and many of their supporters, IMO. Just you go on watching and see how Deep State works.

yeah, democray has served Pakistan really well.

The problem is not so much with Democracy, but with Deep State.

It seems the same way with these two and many of their supporters, IMO. Just you go on watching and see how Deep State works.

The problem is not so much with Democracy, but with Deep State.

Bhai you and Deep State, mujhe maaf kardein :(

I'm thinking of making a thread on the Inqilaabi March. Just sat through the entire speech of TuQ. Although I dislike his beliefs, I can't say I disagree with any of his assertions. Sure he misled them by suggesting the current constitution has been in continuous effect since 1973, overlooking all the coups which have abrogated the constitution and put it in abeyance, but as a whole, and seeing through all his political antics, the speech which he just delivered was on target.

I'm not saying I automatically ratify all the violence which he incited and the terrorism he fawned in Model Town, but limiting myself to the speech which he just delivered and bearing in mind the political pressure which IK is exerting on the federal government in unison with PAT, this may be a prime time to take the reforms TuQ is putting forward on merit rather than dismissing them for being the inane ramblings of a mad cleric.

Also, as you pointed out, I'm eager to find out how PTI and PAT interact with one another, now that they're holed up in one pen. If they destroy one another you'll find me cheering the bloodbath on, but if they don't and IK gets off his high horse and decides to proceed with dialogue without asking for NSs head then, as Qamar Zaman Kaira noted, I want the talks to be as beneficial for Pakistan as they possibly can be.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom