What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Yes. Unfourtantly, the pacifist constitution forbids military exports and restrict defence spending to 1% of Japans GDP.
I think it's very damn impressive what you do with that %1 :) Mitsubishi F2 is still one of the best there is

and suffice to say I'm a big fan of JMSDF :) some kickass navy bro

I think it's very damn impressive what you do with that %1 :) Mitsubishi F2 is still one of the best there is

and suffice to say I'm a big fan of JMSDF :) some kickass navy bro

The JMSDF is arguably the best in the Pacific. Turkish Air Force is in my opinion is the best in the Near East and Balkans and E.Europe (After RAF).

Info about the KFX:

Flight control
Fly-By-Wire design
Joint Servo Actuator design
Steer-By-Wire design

Electronic/warfare control
JHMCS design
Operating computer design
Data link design
Equipment integration and control
NVIS design

Equipment
Aircraft - Equipment linking system design

Equipment Design
Air-to-Air missile design

Structure Design
'Smart Structure' design
Supersonic design
Single-piece complex body design

Shape/Structure design
Newest Delta-Canard design and 2 other tech.

Engine
Electronic engine-control system design
And other other technologies that it's include RAM paint design
p/s: Japanese are on progress of developing ATD-X (might be the Japanese X-plane project of F-3 stealth fighter),

Since the KFX has links with the FX, I might aswell post news about the Korean fighter development.

AESA Radar For the KFX

kjlkjlj.jpg

20060515114764722238357800de3.jpg

FX conceptual design alternative 2013
picture

h t t p://o1305.hizliresim.com/19/x/nl04u.jpg

Hello all. Just a little update from the SABAH news website (still can't post any links). Theyre just addressing some potential options for the new fighter jet.

"Having successfully completed the nation's first indigenous drone the ANKA, as well as the training jet the Hürkuş, now Turkey is honed in on developing what will be the nation's most significant aviation project over the next ten years, a "National Combat Aircraft." This domestic plane which will be able to dodge radar detection will be flying the skies in 2023.

Efforts for this ambitious project began two years ago by the Defense Industry Undersecretariat and last year Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) was awarded a contract to begin working on the conceptual design of the project, which they have done so with 40 engineers and a special Air Force team, establishing a "virtual headquarters."

In researching the industrial aspect, the project will be designed and conceptualized in Turkey with certain parts that will be purchased abroad to be determined. A number of international cooperation models, including the engine-building process are also under consideration.

TECHNICAL SUPPORT FROM SAAB

TAI has been working with Saab on the conceptual design of three potential aircraft projects. The Swedish company has been working on advanced combat aircraft concepts for awhile now and for countries such as the U.S., Russia and France. At present, the conceptual design includes three optional concepts:

TWIN-TAIL CANARD: A single-engine aircraft with a twin-tail canard delta that allows for maneuvering in high elevation as well as remaining in the air at low speeds and is the smallest on a three-dimensional scale to the other two designs.

TWIN ENGINES: In this design, the aircraft has a conventional tail plane is fast speed and long-range and built to carry additional weaponry and remain in the air. This design is the longest of the three.

SINGLE ENGINE: The single-engine option is a more standard design compared to the other two concepts. It is mid-class in terms of size. Its wing structure resembles the F-22 and the cockpit and tailplane is reminiscent of the F-35.

The new aircraft concept is expected to replace the F-16's which have been in the Air Forces fleet since 1988. One of the most important demands for the design is that it has low-visibility, in other words, will be difficult to detect by radar. The option of transporting weapons inside the cockpit is also being considered for lower detection.

THE ROAD MAP

The initial target is to complete the conceptual design and feasibility studies by September 29. Once all of the information has been relayed to the Air Force and the Defense Industry Undersecretariat, a decision will be made on which model will be designed. A critical period of design by domestic engineers will ensue and production is to begin by 2021. The first flight is targeted for 2023. After the flight tests, the delivery process will begin and is expected to take place between the years 2025 and 2035. The National Combat Aircraft is expected to remain in the Air Force inventory until 2060."

Dont like the road map,in 2025 allmost all of our F-16s will be outdated.
Im not convinced we will get the F-35 before that date.(2025)

A very informative and updating post, thanks Casus Belli, it's good to know that they work hard in silence... In a video I saw this frame and like it, I know its only demonstration but you must understand that this frame proves that they have vision...

A very informative and updating post, thanks Casus Belli, it's good to know that they work hard in silence... In a video I saw this frame and like it, I know its only demonstration but you must understand that this frame proves that they have vision...

We don't see this design for the first time, we had seen this in pdf of SSM which was about future of our aviation or future of our UAVs... Something like that... And yes i agree, by looking that design we can understand that our engineers have vision and self confidence and ability, capability for the best...

Okay guys, let me summarize it with my humble metallurgy knowledge.

- Titanium Casting
- Superplastic forming of titanium alloys

and add Alp Aviations finishing abilities.

alp-2.jpg

And we got ourselves titanium IBRs ( Integrally Bladed Rotor) one of the most important parts of a Turbo-Fan Engine.

alp-1.jpg

Now i don't know if this "Layered Production" method can be used for producing Nickel IBRs but if that is the case..... :yahoo:

3D Printing of engine parts, nice...

Okay guys, let me summarize it with my humble metallurgy knowledge.

- Titanium Casting
- Superplastic forming of titanium alloys

and add Alp Aviations finishing abilities.

alp-2.jpg

And we got ourselves titanium IBRs ( Integrally Bladed Rotor) one of the most important parts of a Turbo-Fan Engine.

alp-1.jpg

Now i don't know if this "Layered Production" method can be used for producing Nickel IBRs but if that is the case..... :yahoo:

Nice diagram. OT: What do you design as an engineer? Do test structural things on computer or do you design them? Do work for Vestel?

3D Printing of engine parts, nice...

Nice diagram. OT: What do you design as an engineer? Do test structural things on computer or do you design them? Do work for Vestel?

Nope, nothing structural. I design buildings mechanical systems, like ventilation, heating, cooling, fire protection etc...

Stuff i posted here are just learned over a year. I'm no expert on metallurgy or production process. Just i have some basic knowledge from mu University years. :p:

Back
Top Bottom