What's new

Turkey begins assembly of fifth-generation TF-X fighter

Shouldn't the TF-X considered as the "First generation" for Turkey? Or do they have already built their own first, second, third, fourth generation of fighters? I never heard of them.

The right way to said is "The first generation" that comparable to US "fifth generation" jet fighter.

A product is defined by it's global standardized naming convention. So this would be a 5th gen platform. However, if I entertain your way of definition, it would still be a second gen Turkiye platform since KizilElma would be considered the first gen Turkieye stealthy combat jet (albeit unmanned).

Last edited:
Are Usa engines approved? We wouldn't want them to be sanctioned and Tfx delayed by a decade.
If Turkish engine is not available on time, is it possible to use WS-10b (if these are of roughly same dimensions) on Pakistani version (will have commonalities with J-10)

If Turkish engine is not available on time, is it possible to use WS-10b (if these are of roughly same dimensions) on Pakistani version (will have commonalities with J-10)

I doubt it, plus would Turkey allow a foreign engine on their prime fighter jet? The possibility is less. Its either usa engine or domestic.

I doubt it, plus would Turkey allow a foreign engine on their prime fighter jet? The possibility is less. Its either usa engine or domestic.
I think they would want their own engine. Their relations with the US does not really look good.

well at least it looks alot better than that Iranian Stealth Fighter they showed years ago. :yahoo:

That would be great if Turkish engine is available, my point is if Turkiya faces issues in completion the engine project, and America doesn't allow export of the engine.

We are lagging because of the engine issue. As it seems Turkey has been assmebling the American engine locally, it would be better if they completely make it homemade rather than depending on American supply chain again.

The issue of engine is the achilles of Iranian fighter jet program.

well at least it looks alot better than that Iranian Stealth Fighter they showed years ago. :yahoo:
Oh my god who could forget this incredible machine of WAR

Zw

We have a long way to go before catching up to Iran. Their fifth generation fighter is already doing taxi tests.

Mostly because this is actually real, and Turkey does have a relatively well developed aviation industry, helped along by European and US technology (including the license production of US jet engines). They've poured in billions, and do have a good track record with building newer technologies.

The Iranians have had to make cheap copies of much older US fighters to keep their fighter fleet in significant enough numbers. They're good at making drones, but other than making cheap clones, they don't have a good knowledge base.

Oh my god who could forget this incredible machine of WAR

Zw

We have a long way to go before catching up to Iran. Their fifth generation fighter is already doing taxi tests.
You know, if they tried to develop this as a smaller fighter drone in the same realm as the Kizilelma, they probably could have succeeded to a certain degree.

As it is, this was just an embarrassing affair for everyone involved.

in 2021 , when I said everybody will see the first flight of Turkish KIZILELMA unmanned Fighter Jet in 2023

Iranian,Greek,Chinese users Hack-Hook , Muhammed45 , Foinikas , DEINO , retaxis , Iblini and others called me delusional and KIZILELMA as fake , ultrranationalist propaganda

now We Turks are laughing at all of them ...

Iranian users always said only Iran has jet powered UCAV in the region
now Iranian UCAV is a toy to compare with KIZILELMA

SAEGHEH-2 ( the length 2.7 meters, the max takeoff weight 500 kg, )
EnPrJ2WXEAAJutN.jpg

KIZILELMA ( the length 14,7 meters, the max takeoff weight 6.000 kg, )
1673674505919.jpeg

QAHER-313
130208101936-02-iran-qaher.jpg

TFX ( MMU )
1673339114379-jpeg.910650

Length
J-20 : 21.2 m
MMU : 21 m
SU-57 : 20.1 m
F-22 : 18.9 m
KF-21 : 16.9 m
F-35 : 15.7 m