What's new

Taiwan is more Chinese than PRC China?

Aegis DDG

Reaction score
Taiwan is populated by Ethnic Han Chinese that settled the Islands during the Ming Dynasty. Taiwan is by far more Chinese than the PRC Mainland China, because they used the traditional script rather than the simplified version, they promote traditional Han culture like ancestral worship and Confucius Ideals. Many Taiwanese I met are more proud of Chinese history than there mainland counterpart but hate the CCP in Beijing. Taiwan used the phonetic script of Bofomo for computer word input (based on Hanzi-Chinese Characters) rather than the romanized Pinyin phonetic script encouraged by Chairman Mao. Taiwan's ROC government makes the same claim to the SCS (but shows respect ot their Japanese Masters in the Senkakus) as the PRC government. In-fact, the ROC claims that Mongolia is part of Mainland China, therefore they are more nationalistic than the CCP!

Taiwan is populated by a bunch of cowards, using the traditional Chinese characters doesn't mean you are more Chinese.

The Chinese oracle bone is more even more traditional characters, when they don't use it to prove that they are more traditional? :coffee:

language-oracle-bone.jpg

In-fact, the ROC claims that Mongolia is part of Mainland China, therefore they are more nationalistic than the CCP!

They were the one who sold Outer Mongolia to USSR, to mentally masturbate with an empty map every day doesn't make yourself more patriotic.

LOL, no way. :lol:

Using Traditional characters doesn't mean you are "more Chinese", that doesn't make any sense. In HK we use Traditional characters too, but I also like to use simplified characters from time to time. For example, my avatar picture uses a traditional character, while my signature uses simplified characters.

The ROC lost the civil war half a century ago. How can you represent China if you don't have China?

Pretty much every single location of historical importance in Chinese civilization (Yellow river, Zhongyuan, etc.) is on the mainland. If you don't have the mainland, you don't have China, simple as that.

Using Traditional characters doesn't mean you are "more Chinese", that doesn't make any sense. In HK we use Traditional characters too, but I also like to use simplified characters from time to time. For example, my avatar picture uses a traditional character, while my signature uses simplified characters.

The ROC lost the civil war half a century ago. How can you represent China if you don't have China?

Pretty much every single location of historical importance in Chinese civilization (Yellow river, Zhongyuan, etc.) is on the mainland. If you don't have the mainland, you don't have China, simple as that.

Those anti-China haters have to find the better way to erase China's existence.

First, they claim that Taiwan is an independent country and not Chinese at all, now they are trying to convince people that Taiwan is more "Chinese" than China itself. Then what's next? :coffee:

It is not about the geographic location of the ancient monuments but who still retains the ancient culture of China. Chinese art and culture flourishes in Taiwan while it was severely curbed in Mao's China.

It is not about the geographic location of the ancient monuments but who still retains the ancient culture of China. Chinese art and culture flourishes in Taiwan while it was severely curbed in Mao's China.

ROC made China a weak pu$$y getting raped by everyone, while PRC made China a strong united nation.

We Chinese don't need the non-Chinese folks telling us who is more Chinese.

PS, when it comes to film the historical dramas, the dramas produced by PRC are awesome, while those produced by HK/TW are nothing but a big joke.

It is bullsh!t to call that HK/TW have preserved more Chinese civilization than Mainland China.

The entire basis of the Chinese identity is: China.

What is Chinese without China? What is Chinese civilization without China?

The ROC knew this, which is why they were so desperate to get the mainland back. And after they failed to do so, they lost diplomatic recognition with every major country in the world, including yours. They are not even a UN recognized country under international law, and they can only compete in the Olympics under the name Chinese Taipei.

In any case, Hong Kongers like me and my compatriots from the mainland still write our language in the same script which Sun Tzu used to write his Art of War over 2500 years ago. What other country can say that? And I still pay respect to my ancestors on the Qingming festival, just like my ancestors did thousands of years ago.

The Cultural Revolution was a disaster no doubt, but people overstate the damage it has done to Chinese culture. If you don't believe me, take a trip to the mainland and see for yourself. These people are culturally and civilizationally Chinese, there is no question about that.

Hong Kongers are friendly.

Sometimes it's the mainlanders with attitude problems.

Also I think Taiwanese are just as Chinese as the rest, no more and no less.

Met quite a few in NY that want to be part of PRC.

My experience is limited to immigrants I met in NYC.

Those are immigrants who seek a new life, you can't expect too much from them.

PS, not all Mainlanders are pro-PRC, there are also domocrazy supporters among the Mainlanders.

Those are immigrants who seek a new life, you can't expect too much from them.

PS, not all Mainlanders are pro-PRC, there are also domocrazy supporters among the Mainlanders.

Well the thing is, when I met people from Hong Kong, most were educated and well versed in English. They told me they learn English in school.

I think another reason why some of the mainland people I met were not as friendly was because they might have been illegals and preferred that you call them by their American name.

Hong Kongers are friendly.

Sometimes it's the mainlanders with attitude problems.

We are the same people. Some individuals will have attitude problems sure, but I don't think it has anything to do with in which part of China they were born.

Personally about half my close friends are HK locals, and half are from the mainland. If anything, the mainlanders I have met recently are even more polite and well behaved then many of my fellow HK locals.

My experience is limited to immigrants I met in NYC.

Since you're in America, it is more likely that the Hong Kongers there will have been established there for longer, while mainlanders are more recent arrivals. I guess this is why you got this perception.

I have talked to certain Taiwanese living in states and I was surprised that they don't want to get themselves identified with Chinese ancestry.

I think another reason why some of the mainland people I met were not as friendly was because they might have been illegals and preferred that you call them by their American name.

If they prefer you to call them by American name, then these folks are western worshippers who suffer from an identity crisis.

You can't expect those idiots to represent the Mainland Chinese, and most of the Chinese PDF members here are Mainland Chinese, tell me who is not friendly to Pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom