What's new

Saudi women in focus

Nothing wrong with headscarf bro - but a face veil? cutting yourself off from society? walking around like a shadow?

I wouldn't give the time of day to someone who want to isolate themselves by covering their face.

There is nothing wrong with the veil either. Also that is optionally. Not every women wears a niqab. But it is a never-ending debate.

What is certain is that this is a personal right in a so-called democracy just as wearing revealing clothes is.

You of all people, being a Jew, arguably the most persecuted people in history, should know more than anyone else, how important it is to be able to keep your tradition and culture without outsiders having a say in it or saying what to do and what not to do.

You can claim that you do not agree etc. and that it was just a harmless comment but I can read between the lines.

Also this is not about headscarfs or veils, cousin.

@Chai

I have to say that I absolutely love Dhofar and our brothers and sisters in Oman. Wonderful people and country. But I have to say that many of you are Yemenis in disguise, meaning a very close and brotherly people.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
There's nothing in the Quran about covering your face. It's a man-made creation by cavemen.
7868c9eaa99d.gif

@Chai

I have to say that I absolutely love Dhofar and our brothers and sisters in Oman. Wonderful people and country. But I have to say that many of you are Yemenis in disguise;).
Haha :lol: Yes we Dhofaris are Yemeni! Our culture is very similar to Yemenis'. Dhofari Arabic is also very similar to Yemeni dialects.

I'm not very sure about the rest of Oman though. Their facial features don't look so Yemeni. We Dhofaris look Yemeni though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing wrong with the veil either. Also that is optionally. Not every women wears a niqab. But it is a never-ending debate.

What is certain is that this is a personal right in a so-called democracy just as wearing revealing clothes is.

You of all people, being a Jew, arguably the most persecuted people in history, should know more than anyone else, how important it is to be able to keep your tradition and culture without outsiders having a say in it or saying what to do and what not to do.

You can claim that you do not agree etc. and that it was just a harmless comment but I can read between the lines.

Also this is not about headscarfs or veils, cousin.
Cuz, did you miss the part about it not being anything to do with the Quran or indeed any tradition?

It's a creation (by a man of course).

Sorry cuz, anyone that decides to separate themselves from society does not have my respect.

We do not live in a world where humans cover their faces. We are sociable creatures and the face is the most important way we communicate and read other people.

Cuz, did you miss the part about it not being anything to do with the Quran or indeed any tradition?

It's a creation (by a man of course).

Sorry cuz, anyone that decides to separate themselves from society does not have my respect.

We do not live in a world where humans cover their faces. We are sociable creatures and the face is the most important way we communicate and read other people.

It has much to do with Islam. Although this forum is no place for theological discussion.

LOL, who separates themselves from the society just because they were a headscarf or veil? Are you crazy cousin? Watch the report I posted. Do you not live in the UK? Don't tell me that you have not seen hundreds of Muslim women in headscarfs working in schools, hospitals, clinics etc. Because I have.

You are talking about a Burqa which is practiced in Afghanistan and not the Arab world. You can see the face if you wear a headscarf. The niqab partly too and the eyes.

Anyway this is such a stupid discussion that I do not intend to continue it.

Haha :lol: Yes we Dhofaris are Yemeni! Our culture is very similar to Yemenis'. Dhofari Arabic is also very similar to Yemeni dialects.

I'm not very sure about the rest of Oman though. Their facial features don't look so Yemeni. We Dhofaris look Yemeni though :)

Haha. I know that already. Been to Dhofar 2 times. I absolutely loved it. It just the same as Al-Mahra across the border in Yemen.

Yeah, although Yemenis and Omanis look very similar. But Yemenis come in many shapes and forms though, just as Saudis and other Arabs. But sure there is a Arabic/Semitic look with all of us which we are very proud of.;)

Man, the greenery and nature in Dhofar is absolutely stunning. Yes, I will stop now.:D

As I said Bro, I have no problem with a head scarf, but I do not approve of face covering. The Niqab covers the face and only shows the eyes.

I won't talk to these people.

Just as I wouldn't sit and have tea with someone in a balaclava or motorcycle helmet.

As I said Bro, I have no problem with a head scarf, but I do not approve of face covering. The Niqab covers the face and only shows the eyes.

I won't talk to these people.

Just as I wouldn't sit and have tea with someone in a balaclava or motorcycle helmet

Are you serious? Well, that's up to you I guess. Not going to say that I agree with your notion. I also don't think that they are comparable for a lot of reasons one of the obvious ones being that one part is only for adult woman.

Are you serious? Well, that's up to you I guess. Not going to say that I agree with your notion. I also don't think that they are comparable for a lot of reasons one of the obvious ones being that one part is only for adult woman.

He doesn't understand your socio-cultural pattern because they adopt another pattern. In short, you can only accept habits and customs that your culture allows you to think in. I'm a hybrid :D so I can tell.

He doesn't understand your socio-cultural pattern because they adopt another pattern. In short, you can only accept habits and customs that your culture allows you to think in. I'm a hybrid :D so I can tell.

I know fine well about the 'culture' - but it has no basis in Islam and is a man-made construct which more often than not, oppresses women.

Humanity does not cover its face. History proves that and we are made to communicate with our faces.

:tup:

What do you mean with hybrid bro? Please elaborate:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom