What's new

Sanction Myanmar And Give The Rohingya A State Of Their Own

The Muslim world when combined is an economic superpower with a military force that could squash the Myanmar military like a bug.

When you have such an incredible advantage you can do what Sun Tzu said, win without fighting.

All that is needed is a unity of purpose. Which Myanmar believes that the Muslim world does not possess right now.
Well played Sir.
I am in the presence of a true master. :lol:
:clap:

My name is Nadia. It has different meanings in Persian, Arabic, and even Slavic.

But no relation to any East Asian dialect.

The truth is that people in the Muslim world share a great deal of common names, and yes, religion does matter when it comes to culture. Not just religion, language (the Quran is written in Arabic), but also festivals, rituals, rites.

None of which are similar to ours, which are polytheist (multiple Gods) and thus "pagan" by nature.

Here is my last name:

profile_picture_by_liyichengfx-d8nbnks.png

Here is the name of the President of Malaysia: Mohammad Najib bin Tun Haji Abdul Razak.

But no relation to any East Asian dialect.

The truth is that people in the Muslim world share a great deal of common names, and yes, religion does matter when it comes to culture. Not just religion, language (the Quran is written in Arabic), but also festivals, rituals, rites.

None of which are similar to ours, which are polytheist (multiple Gods) and thus "pagan" by nature.

Here is my last name:

%E9%99%B3_%E6%9B%B8%E6%B3%95%E6%AF%9B%E7%AD%86_%E9%99%88_%E4%B9%A6%E6%B3%95_%E6%AF%9B%E7%AC%94_chinese_surname_chen_%E5%A7%93_chen_photo_print-r016e8e43ba094354b3b993d5f28ebc2f_fk99_8byvr_324.jpg

Here is the name of the President of Malaysia: Mohammad Najib bin Tun Haji Abdul Razak.
There are people from China who have Western names lol, like that muppet Gordon Chang who thinks China's going to collapse in about 10 seconds.

Do Chinese people with Western names have more in common with English culture than they do with Chinese culture? Of course not.

There are people from China who have Western names lol, like that muppet Gordon Chang who thinks China's going to collapse in about 10 seconds.

Do Chinese people with Western names have more in common with English culture than they do with Chinese culture? Of course not.

Gordon Chang is an American. :lol:

He has nothing to do with China, apart from maybe a 50% DNA contribution from his father's side. So basically he is an American, does he celebrate Ancestors Day? Does he practice Ancestor Worship on the Qingming Festival?

Or does he celebrate Thanksgiving? Just listen to him talk, if you were talking to him on the phone you would think he was just another American. Because he is.

Gordon Chang is an American. :lol:

He has nothing to do with China, apart from maybe a 50% DNA contribution from his father's side. So basically he is an American, does he celebrate Ancestors Day? Does he practice Ancestor Worship?

Or does he celebrate Thanksgiving?
Fine. Jack Ma.

Is Jack Ma culturally closer to England because of his first name?

Fine. Jack Ma.

Is Jack Ma culturally closer to England because of his first name?

Jack Ma is just a nickname he uses to sell his business to the outside world. His actual name is 马云。

Not similar at all to Muslims taking on Arabic names, which they have taken through birth. Not as a marketing nickname.

Jack Ma is just a nickname he uses to sell his business to the outside world. His actual name is 马云。

Not similar at all to Muslims taking on Arabic names, which they have taken through birth. Not as a marketing nickname.

And yes he is culturally Chinese, his mo
I still don't see how you think Malaysia shares a similar culture with the Middle East just because of Islam. It's a very simplistic way of thinking.

Here's an example of Malaysian architecture:

1280px-Malaccapalace.jpg

^It has nothing in common with the architecture of the Middle East.

And this is an example of indigenous Malay cuisine:

RayaHajiFood.PNG

^It originated in Indonesia, to be exact, and has nothing to do with Middle Eastern culture.

This is a traditional Malaysian dance:

JogetUNISEL.jpg

Again, nothing to do with Middle Eastern folk dance.

Even the traditional clothes are different:

b4dbbbe1f4b91b80bba6d8a732b61deb.jpg

Honestly, I don't know how you even came to the conclusion that Southeast Asia / Malaysia shares a similar culture with the Middle East.

Just because they share a similar religion doesn't mean they share a similar culture or civilization.

I still don't see how you think Malaysia shares a similar culture with the Middle East just because of Islam. It's a very simplistic way of thinking.

You said that Muslim Malay culture is closer to Chinese culture than it is to Muslim Arabic culture. Having lived in Malaysia, I can say nothing is further from the truth.

Culture comes from language, food, religion. Chinese worship idols (polytheistic = multiple Gods, hundreds or more), we eat pork in most of our dishes (Muslim Malays only eat Halal), our festivals are polytheistic/pagan by nature.

Muslim Malays say Hello as a variant of "salaam", their names are all in Arabic, they say their prayers in Arabic (they pray multiple times a day, in Mosque and out). They certainly can't partake in general Chinese cuisine or Chinese festivals, where we practice ancestor worship and polytheism.

By the way, how do you say Hello in Persian? I checked and this was the result:

Persian Greetings
Hi: Salam سلام

What writing script is that? Where does the word Salam come from?

WTF how did we go into talking about Malaysia lol.

I agree that Muslim Malays are Chinese Malaysians are pretty distinct cultures. Add Indian malaysians to that too. Sure the proximity has led to some harmonisation and fusion in various aspects.....but they remain distinct.

I don't see the Chinese and Indian malaysians clogging up the sidewalks with their god awful proton cars and scooters and such ...each friday to go to a mosque....which is most likely something found in many other muslim societies. Fond memories of Malaysia hehe.

I dont see the Malays lining up for some good ole char siu either hehe.

You said that Muslim Malay culture is closer to Chinese culture than it is to Muslim Arabic culture. Having lived in Malaysia, I can say nothing is further from the truth.

Culture comes from language, food, religion. Chinese worship idols (polytheistic = multiple Gods, hundreds or more), we eat pork in most of our dishes (Muslim Malays only eat Halal), our festivals are polytheistic/pagan by nature.

Muslim Malays say Hello as a variant of "salaam", their names are all in Arabic, they say their prayers in Arabic (they pray multiple times a day, in Mosque and out). They certainly can't partake in general Chinese cuisine or Chinese festivals, where we practice ancestor worship and polytheism.

By the way, how do you say Hello in Persian? I checked and this was the result:

Persian Greetings
Hi: Salam سلام

What writing script is that? Where does the word Salam come from?
I didn't say it was closer to Chinese culture.

I said that Southeast Asian culture was the result of Southeast Asia's climate and geography, and that it was highly influenced by the cultures of South Asia, Indochina, and East Asia.

This is a fact.

You were the one who made the assertion that Malaysia shares the same culture as the Middle East and the Arab World, which is simply untrue.

Again, you can't prove your own claims.

Show me how Malaysian culture is similar to Arab / Middle Eastern culture.

By the way, Persian-speakers also say "dorood" when they greet each other.

By the way, Persian-speakers also say "dorood" when they greet each other.

But usually Salam? Written in Arabic script right?

How about their prayers?

I don't see the Chinese and Indian malaysians clogging up the sidewalks with their god awful proton cars and scooters and such ...each friday to go to a mosque....which is most likely something found in many other muslim societies. Fond memories of Malaysia hehe.

I dont see the Malays lining up for some good ole char siu either hehe.

That makes sense, because Cha Siu (like many other Chinese dishes) is entirely made out of pork.

Malaysians use the Latin script. Going by your logic, I guess that means Malaysian culture is very close to European culture.

As a result of forceful colonization you mean.

You know that Malays also write their dialect using Arabic script too? It's called Jawi. And it's all over the place.

Johor_Bahru_Jawi_Latin_Street_Sign.jpg

"Abdul Razak", "Johor", where did all their names come from? These are not from any Chinese dialect I have ever heard of.

As a result of forceful colonization you mean.

You know that Malays also write their dialect using Arabic script too? It's called Jawi. And it's all over the place.
I'm only using your logic.

Malaysia shares the same culture as Europe because of the Latin script lol.

That's the gist of your entire argument by the way.

Malaysians use the Latin script. Going by your logic, I guess that means Malaysian culture is very close to European culture.
Dont waste your time try reasoning,,,,,You have put accross your point nicely in your posts with examples everyone can understand whats your point....it an advice,you can take it or leave it if you have nothing else to do.

Back
Top Bottom