What's new

Sanction Myanmar And Give The Rohingya A State Of Their Own

Someone told me that you're a Scientologist. :undecided:

Science:o:?? What is this new age witchcraft?

I'm a traditionalist, which is why I follow Ásatrúarfélagið:D. A new age religion dedicated to preserving and revering the old ways of the Norse folk religions.

norse.jpg

Ok not really, and in fact sometimes reverence of the Norse religions can get one into trouble, such as being an Odinist. Odinism is a new fangled religion dedicated to worshiping the old gods too, started in 1994, but the members tend to also be a bit violent and revere combat which puts them at odds with modern laws and norms.

Many Norse symbols have been coopted by Neo-Nazis too, so wearing or displaying them also crosses dangerously into that territory. Damn racists ruining our culture:angry:!!

When it comes to religion I say live and let live, and do partake in many Christian and Norse traditions, but am not religious myself.

Let the three of us be druids like our night elvish ancestors before us. :tongue:

48b048bf5451b5b1d77136185d9a46f5.jpg

Sorry my questing party already has a gnome, Celtic she-warrior and Nordic black mage - that's me:happy:. So be nice or I'll turn you into a toad:angry: - but I think our threesome has room for a fourth. How about dwarf:D?

midkemia_dwarf_large.jpg

Religion by far religion. Which makes sense because when you think about religion its essentially a set of values that you ascribe to. Sure you've got rituals and traditions but its the values, the principles, the standards of propriety etc. that are integral to any religion. They in turn shape your world view and how you live your life; which is in turn what culture is.

Therefore when you think about it culture is essentially you trying to conform your world view to the ground realities of the world you live in. So its not surprising at all that one's culture is heavily embellished by religion - Abrahamic or Pagan or even something purely secular like humanism.

Well I was looking for specific instances or practices influenced by religion, but this works too.

And thus my point stands valid:-).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, but your statement was very stupid thanked by none other than the usual unemployed armchair warriors. I expected more from a more advanced national like the US. Or are you?

He's a known Hindu terrorist. And like his fellow terrorists from India, likes to cheerlead for genocide on Muslim communities around the world.

How about the attacks on Muslims in the US? The shooting of people 'looking like Muslims'? I think 'culling' is a strong word for both the US and Bangladesh. Those are isolated murders by a section of homegrown militants. And certainly don't come under 'culling'. But yes, it was a problem and we solved it with whatever capacity we had. But challenges remain nonetheless.

I'm sorry, but your statement was very stupid thanked by none other than the usual unemployed armchair warriors. I expected more from a more advanced national like the US. Or are you?

the muslim hate groups are all over the world, but as a state policy, no muslim.. or jew. or christian or jew is preferred not abhorred based on their beliefs. they are neither feared nor favored. as "not" in pak, any citizen of any religion can become president..as not in bd, any religious belief can be mocked, ridiculed, questioned and they wont be killed, hacked or massacred

the muslim hate groups are all over the world, but as a state policy, no muslim.. or jew. or christian or jew is preferred not abhorred based on their beliefs. they are neither feared nor favored. as "not" in pak, any citizen of any religion can become president..as not in bd, any religious belief can be mocked, ridiculed, questioned and they wont be killed, hacked or massacred

I doubt a Muslim could become the president of America. Even Obama had hard time brushing off muslim smell.

Science:o:?? What is this new age witchcraft?

I'm a traditionalist, which is why I follow Ásatrúarfélagið:D. A new age religion dedicated to preserving and revering the old ways of the Norse folk religions.

norse.jpg

Ok not really, and in fact sometimes reverence of the Norse religions can get one into trouble, such as being an Odinist. Odinism is a new fangled religion dedicated to worshiping the old gods too, started in 1994, but the members tend to also be a bit violent and revere combat which puts them at odds with modern laws and norms.

Many Norse symbols have been coopted by Neo-Nazis too, so wearing or displaying them also crosses dangerously into that territory. Damning our culture:angry:!!

When it comes to religion I say live and let live, and do partake in many Christian and Norse traditions, but am not religious myself.

These new age religions are so fascinating aren't they. I've got a friend here who's a Druid and I was like can you do a spell for me or something. :o:

And he responded with we don't do any spells we just enjoy nature, sit around reading and writing poetry, try to have vegan or vegetarian diets and just try to live a full life without judging anyone. :undecided:

Beautiful as that is....I still wanted a magic trick. :angry:

Can you do any magic tricks? :azn:

Sorry my questing party already has a gnome, Celtic she-warrior and Nordic black mage - that's me:happy:. So be nice or I'll turn you into a toad:angry: - but I think our threesome has room for a fourth. How about dwarf:D?

So three snow whites and a single dwarf - That doesn't work....does it? :unsure:

That'll mess up the entire story...who's gonna eat the apple, who's gonna be the evil witch and the prince charming? :sad:

Well I was looking for specific instances or practices influenced by religion, but this works too.

And thus my point stands valid:-).

Well don't be so picky...you accept, with gratitude, whatever the Great Armstrong chooses to share with you. :pissed:

But yeah in terms of something specific I'd say something like the two Eid days serving as the same function as Christmas and Easter for you guys except that because your society has become very much secularised so the latter two festivals are predominantly secular festive days whereas because our society hasn't really evolved like that so our festive days still have a strong religious connotation.

Apart from that I suppose could be how standards of propriety drawn from religion have defined our dress code where we usually have long flowing clothes instead of ones that reveal a lot of skin. More so in the rural areas than in the settled ones and in families with a more theological bend than those who are perhaps not that religious.

Moreover I suppose even in our cuisine religion has left an indelible mark such that food that isn't acceptable or is considered somewhat objectionable as per our religious dietary laws is just not there in our cuisine at all. So no pork, no horse meat, no dog meat, no snakes,no frog legs, no insects etc.

This seems to be really bad, Myanmar became a democratic country recently it needs more time to have a powerful security. From my point of view all our countries (having muslim population in it) India, Pakistan, Bangladesh should help Myanmar to protect Rohingya muslims.
We need unity among muslim world to fight against this kind of atrocities against muslims :(

All types of religions should be banned. They are good for nothing.
Do you want to deprive the millions of Muslims from realizing their dream of getting into an after death Paradise and on the laps of 72 smiling Hoors? You must be very cruel by suggesting to ban all the religions.

Do you want to deprive the millions of Muslims from realizing their dream of getting into an after death Paradise and on the laps of 72 smiling Hoors? You must be very cruel by suggesting to ban all the religions.
Yes when religion becomes an addiction it should be banned.

Really? A few days back, your visiting Ambassador-at-Large - David N Saperstien stated that Bangladesh provides an 'expansive degree' of religious freedom in line with its constitution. He said said about the challenges as I have said before. And this view would go forward even with the incoming Trump administration. So where is this state policy you claim? What are we doing wrong?

I know you are going to say 'it's my personal opinion', but this isn't hobby or recreation. Undermine our efforts at your own peril.

But in the meantime, you can put your tinfoil hat back on anytime :lol:

Last edited:
Really? A few days back, your visiting Ambassador-at-Large - David N Saperstien stated that Bangladesh provides an 'expansive degree' of religious freedom in line with its constitution. He said said about the challenges as I have said before. And this view would go forward even with the incoming Trump administration. So where is this state policy you claim? What are we doing wrong?

I know you are going to say 'it's my personal opinion', but this isn't hobby or recreation. Undermine our efforts at your own peril.

But in the meantime, you can put your tinfoil hat back on anytime :lol:

your overly sensitive reaction to all Muslim minorities while not having such sensitivities to towards other minorities closer home is the deciding factor. I have always liked BD's resilience (check my other posts). And I wont lie, I dint know much about the place and most of my appreciation comes from Hans Rosling's videos.

However, with most of these "victim" muslims who want to show injustice to muslims all over the world (my apologies for pointing it out, but its true as far as I can see), your outright demands for all muslims to be treated well, because they are "minorities" wont really hold much weight because your own minorities are not treated well. I wish you could get my intonation, its not really a "holier than thou".. its more of a "this is what we feel like since thats what we can see". Havent seen this much of outrage when the Bamian Buddhas were toppled, or when Boko Haram kidnapped girls and forced converted them, or bloggers being hacked to death.

And you dont show the same sense of "injustice" for other Muslim minorities either (as in Uighurs). which clearly shows that this is more political than humanitarian. And hence the reaction will be same - political - not humanitarian.

your overly sensitive reaction to all Muslim minorities while not having such sensitivities to towards other minorities closer home is the deciding factor. I have always liked BD's resilience (check my other posts). And I wont lie, I dint know much about the place and most of my appreciation comes from Hans Rosling's videos.

You don't know much about Bangladesh? Fair enough. I'm sure Mr. Saperstien had that in mind. Bangladesh is complicated.

I don't who Hans Rosling is, neither do I care. But what I do care about are results. Do we have your country's support(?) Because that matters in light of what is to come. And that is a sensitive matter.

However, with most of these muslims (my apologies for pointing it out, but its true as far as I can see), your outright demands for all muslims to be treated well, because they are "minorities" wont really hold much weight because your own minorities are not treated well. I wish you could get my intonation, its not really a "holier than thou".. its more of a "this is what we feel like since thats what we can see". Havent seen this much of outrage when the Bamian Buddhas were toppled, or when Boko Haram kidnapped girls and forced converted them, or bloggers being hacked to death.

Demands? I didn't demand anything. It is your country, your affairs, not mine or anyone else's. The security of your people regardless of religion/race is your responsibility. The same applies to me or any anyone else.

Nigeria and Afghanistan are not our jurisdiction. They don't effect us much and hence not our responsibility just because we happen to share the same religion. But nonetheless just as deplorable.

And why would we had been silent on the killings of bloggers? Bangladeshi media were very, very vocal against the hacking of bloggers in Bangladesh. And we buy their content everyday. Now, when someone attempts to undermine that responsibility, undermine our efforts and propagates that, then it becomes a problem. And if that is not being holier than thou, then I don't know what is. As far as critique of religion goes in Bangladesh, let's just say majority of those people just aren't intellectually prepared for it. Even the ones who carried out the hacking(s) and the cafe terror siege came from highly educated families-One of whom was the son of a prominent ruling party member. The slaying of a bunch of trolls and bloggers nonetheless is deplorable in view of the majority of Bangladeshi opinion.

The happenings in Burma do impact us from a security point of view. If you would like to discuss more, I can give more info.

Last edited:
Ship them all off to raqqa governorate and let Trump and Putin deal with them.

Back
Top Bottom