What's new

Remembering Pilot Officer Rashid Minhas

Hi,

Supposedly while taxing to the runway for takeoff---he got confronted by MatiurRehman---either that guy waved a handgun at him or not---I do not remember that---.

He stopped the aircraft----he either opened the canopy or Mati opened the canopy. He allowed the guy to get into the plane----.

There were strict ground rules and orders for all he pilots not to stop on the tarmac while going to the runway and let anyone in----.

He disobeyed a directive---a standard operating procedure.

What if MatiurRehman was not going to abduct the plane and as an instructor just to TEST what the pilot would do .

Rashid Minhas would have failed that critical test.

Pakistanisage explains it clearly that Rashid was very kind type of guy----and he was targeted because of his DOCILE nature ( if that is the right word )----.

It is just like the night watch man at the at the security gate has standard instructions of not lowering the barriers between 11:00 pm at night to 6:00 am in the morning from the BASE COMMANDER----and the gate guard opens the gate on his own to let an officer in---during time of conflict.

I am surprised that in your household---14-15 years old wear diapers---.

This is what happen when you blog your opinion without reading... he was docile or what ... Matti-ur-rehman was not only an Instructor he was authorized to view the performance and maintenance of the aircraft on base... he was the only one by the way.... that is why that bloody rat was able to reach the tarmac at first place... he got in to the cockpit as pretext of safety check when he use chloroform to knock Minhas unconscious... that was his incompetence by the way that Rashid wasn't knocked out completely and he regained conscious in few mins...

so now @MastanKhan has a remarkable ability to judge the age as well.
excellent.
surely the MOD will be very convinced.

Smart guy,

Click on his name---and his age is on his profile page..

This is what happen when you blog your opinion without reading... he was docile or what ... Matti-ur-rehman was not only an Instructor he was authorized to view the performance and maintenance of the aircraft on base... he was the only one by the way.... that is why that bloody rat was able to reach the tarmac at first place... he got in to the cockpit as pretext of safety check when he use chloroform to knock Minhas unconscious... that was his incompetence by the way that Rashid wasn't knocked out completely and he regained conscious in few mins...

Hi,

I would call it the Red Zone---I do not know if there is a name for it---. No one can stop in that zone to get inspected or otherwise----instructor or no instructor----.

You can bring all kinds of explanations----. This was the story that came out in the early days---the news papers had a detailed account of the story----and then most of my class fellows were sons of military officers saying the same thing---and according to them My dad said he should never have stopped---My dad said he was not suppose to stop for anyone---My dad said he made a blunder of stopping where he was not supposed to stop---My Dad said he was not supposed to pick up anyone----.

Listen---you guys can fight all you want over this---it don't change anything----.

Thank you for your kind words.

Please allow me to open a thread on my take on the incident and the facts I know.

I will gladly share all the facts and details with PDF members.

Let me put it together. I think I will be able to do it expeditiously over the weekend.

My main interests is to present the known facts and dispel MYTHS...

I will also reveal WHY Pilot Officer Rashid Minhas stopped on the Taxi Track when flagged by Flt. Lt. Matiur Rehman...

Open it up and I will keep an eye as well.Let us set thread rules now:No trolling/humiliation/provokation by any poster in there or else..they are sane enough to understand.Go ahead,sir.

regards

Hi,

Pakistanisage---I am not a nitwit---. So--control your tongue guy---.

Minhas is no hero----he disobeyed the rule---a cardinal sin---of stopping on the tarmac when an officer waved at him and he let the officer in the aircraft against the rules and regulation of the air force standing order.

Supposedly---the officer had pointed a gun at him---if such was the case---then he stopped the plane to save his life---he could have throttled up and run over the officer or just moved the aircraft further out of the reach of the instructor.

A trap was created to snare him because of is personality as explained by Pakistanisage and he fell into the trap---. Everything that happened after that was his doing---in the end he sacrificed his life for the greater cause.

For the posters who are getting mad at me---read his story again----he created the situation by stopping to load a passenger in his aircraft when he had standing orders not to do so---regardless of whomsoever it was.

He was basically in the RED ZONE---where there is no stopping and where there is no taking of anyone into the aircraft.

That is precisely why " Shooting from the Hip " kind a guys like you are pathetic because you shoot your mouth without knowledge of facts.

Wait for my thread that will reveal why Sir Minhas had to stop.

BTW, he was not running a Taxi service to " pick up straddlers " as you so ignorantly put it.

And what is a " RED ZONE " ?

Again using terminology that has no relevance to the Air Force.

He was not in any " RED ZONE ".

He was on a Taxi track headed towards the Active.

Do not Quote me anymore. I don't want to converse with PEOPLE like yourself.

1.Soldiers (which expression include sailors and airmen) fight/sacrifice life for a cause they believe in. Minhas fought to save the honor of his nation and in the process gave his life. On the other hand, Motiur Rahman had hijacked the aircraft to join his people who needed help. Although Moti was under oath to Pakistan, defending own people being massacred by junta gone crazy, was to him a higher duty as a Muslim. Both were right.

2. What is to be noted and learned as a lesson is that here is an instance of fratricide caused by criminal and stupid power greedy politicians and military junta who were no doubt inhabited by the Shaytan himself.

3. Mitty Masud had refused orders from Eastern Command, 1971 to use air force against own people or in IS role. This brilliant and outspoken officer, therefore, was withdrawn by the Junta. In his place Inam was appointed to head PAF East. One of his first acts was to gather his Bengali officers and tell them the truth of the atrocities and killings of officers and ORs just because they were Bengalis. So he gave them choices: seek posting to W Pak, run away or remain back - in which case be a participant in the war. The attached is interesting:
Saga of PAF in East Pakistan – 1971 : Planet Earth

Based on his own statements on this forum, Mastan has spent all his life selling used cars in California i.e. since the 70s. He has no idea of military matters let alone military aviation specific to Pakistan. His knowledge is based on surfing the net and reading Tom Clancy novels. He goes around pretending to be an expert and like to impress the younger members of the forum and some of who do get impressed out of their naivety. If anybody disagrees with him he is patronizing and abusive. He can never face off on fact based discussion. I don't want to be hard on him but his comments on Rashid Minhas were the last straw.
Ermmm maybe u need to grow up.

1.Soldiers (which expression include sailors and airmen) fight/sacrifice life for a cause they believe in. Minhas fought to save the honor of his nation and in the process gave his life. On the other hand, Motiur Rahman had hijacked the aircraft to join his people who needed help. Although Moti was under oath to Pakistan, defending own people being massacred by junta gone crazy, was to him a higher duty as a Muslim. Both were right.

2. What is to be noted and learned as a lesson is that here is an instance of fratricide caused by criminal and stupid power greedy politicians and military junta who were no doubt inhabited by the Shaytan himself.

3. Mitty Masud had refused orders from Eastern Command, 1971 to use air force against own people or in IS role. This brilliant and outspoken officer, therefore, was withdrawn by the Junta. In his place Inam was appointed to head PAF East. One of his first acts was to gather his Bengali officers and tell them the truth of the atrocities and killings of officers and ORs just because they were Bengalis. So he gave them choices: seek posting to W Pak, run away or remain back - in which case be a participant in the war. The attached is interesting:

SO instead of doing the honorable thing and resigning from the PAF, he thought it better to give two hoots about an OATH he took, and run off with a "Trainer aircraft", while kidnapping a pilot in the process as well !! Oh and lets not forget his tail between his legs!!

Wow!!! what an honorable guy!!! You guys should be really proud of him!!!

SO instead of doing the honorable thing and resigning from the PAF, he thought it better to give two hoots about an OATH he took, and run off with a "Trainer aircraft", while kidnapping a pilot in the process as well !! Oh and lets not forget his tail between his legs!!

Wow!!! what an honorable guy!!! You guys should be really proud of him!!!

You are entitled to your viewpoint. On our part Moti has been bestowed the highest gallantry award, Bir Shrestho, equivalent to NH and VC posthumous.

A tragedy it was, however.. I think the issue starts with the earlier officers who were tempted by India even before 65. Sadly, the role of religion came in and some of these earlier traitors were generally of the other major Bengali faith.

I still dont know what this meant or inferred?:

"He cried and said that Mukti Bahini outnumbered his staff and he was helpless in saving the MOU personnel. At the end he said something very odd: “Hindu blood still runs in our veins”.

Regardless. If anything.. both Bengalis and Pakistanis should undertake regular pilgrimages to piss on General Niazi;s grave

image.jpg

A tragedy it was, however.. I think the issue starts with the earlier officers who were tempted by India even before 65. Sadly, the role of religion came in and some of these earlier traitors were generally of the other major Bengali faith.

I still dont know what this meant or inferred?:

"He cried and said that Mukti Bahini outnumbered his staff and he was helpless in saving the MOU personnel. At the end he said something very odd: “Hindu blood still runs in our veins”.

Regardless. If anything.. both Bengalis and Pakistanis should undertake regular pilgrimages to piss on General Niazi;s grave

Also the political leaders. They had torn the heart out of military personnel divided between the solemn oath and the higher call to defend own kind. Only a military man placed in such a situation can understand the agony.

Also the political leaders. They had torn the heart out of military personnel divided between the solemn oath and the higher call to defend own kind. Only a military man placed in such a situation can understand the agony.

The death of Jinnah was the worst to happen to any nation. Right after him the original ML leadership was quickly taken out of relevance and in its place political sharks and usurpers of power.

It was a terrible tragedy that should've been avoided at all costs and by all accounts it could've been avoided if the West Pakistani civil and military elite had shown an iota of sincerity with Pakistan and the Bengalis hadn't been half as gullible as they were to believe everything coming out of sponsored stooges of the Enemy.

At any rate; I just want a proper truth and reconciliation commission to finally sift fact from fiction and end this poison that has separated Pakistan from Bangladesh.

I also want Pakistan to take back all the Biharis that we abandoned to a terrible fate after '71 and finally send back or give nationalities to those Bengalis who choose to remain Pakistanis.

It was a terrible tragedy that should've been avoided at all costs and by all accounts it could've been avoided if the West Pakistani civil and military elite had shown an iota of sincerity with Pakistan and the Bengalis hadn't been half as gullible as they were to believe everything coming out of sponsored stooges of the Enemy.

At any rate; I just want a proper truth and reconciliation commission to finally sift fact from fiction and end this poison that has separated Pakistan from Bangladesh.

I also want Pakistan to take back all the Biharis that we abandoned to a terrible fate after '71 and finally send back or give nationalities to those Bengalis who choose to remain Pakistanis.
Bai believe me when I say that I want Pakistan to capture all the territory lost in the 71 war, but the lose of East Pakistan was a blessing in disguise. The foundation of east and west Pakistan was shaky to begin with, besides religion very little was in common between Bengalis and Pakistanis. The roots of the civil war in 1971 are found in the partition of 1947. Since Muhammad Ali Jinnah wanted a partition on the basis of religion alone, East and West Pakistan came into being, despite the thousand mile distance and different racial, cultural and political inheritances — the only common thread was the fact that both wings were a Muslim majority. In a way east and west Pakistan were the practical test of the two-nation theory. From the beginning, however, there were clear tensions between the two wings. The first one was a clash over national language.The Bengalis, with thousands of years of culture behind them, obviously wanted their language recognized not because they did not speak Urdu. Nevertheless, Jinnah refused the Bengali demand in his speech at Dacca University in February 1948. An irony that Jinnah himself was never fluent in Urdu and spoke mostly in English to the Bengali crowd. Supporting East Pakistan was a feat of logistical problems itself, supplying the eastern wing with arms, and troops became a task of its own, which the Indian cleverly exploited during the 71 war. Modern day Pakistan faces tremendous problems within its border ranging from terrorism, Balochi nationalism, and of course India. Had East Pakistan existed today, the numbers of problems would have multiplied ranging from increased poverty, duel Indian threat, and sectarian violence. All in all Pakistan got rid of a weight of its shoulders, yes we could of economically gained from east Pakistan, but under the current leadership the future of Pakistan looks brighter than Modi' bold spot.

You are entitled to your viewpoint. On our part Moti has been bestowed the highest gallantry award, Bir Shrestho, equivalent to NH and VC posthumous.

While under oath, he kidnapped and hijacked an aircraft. Had he been an honorable man, he would have resigned from the PAF and then, gone on to fight for the mukhti bahini.

And he is conferred by Bangladesh the "Bir Shrestho" or BS for short. Says a lot about Bangladesh's integrity!!!

Lastly, A BS for kidnapping, and failing to hijack an aircraft? You guys sure know what integrity, and dignity means!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom