What's new

PAF PAYS TRIBUTE TO RASHID MINHAS SHAHEED ON HIS 51ST MARTYRDOM ANNIVERSARY

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

20 August, 2022: To pay homage to Pakistan's valiant son and the youngest recipient of Nishan-e-Haider, Pilot Officer Rashid Minhas Shaheed, the Directorate General Public Relations (Air Force) has released a short documentary on his 51st martyrdom anniversary. Pilot Officer Rashid Minhas Shaheed was born on 17 February, 1951. Having a dream of defending the aerial frontiers of the motherland, he got commission on 14 March, 1971 in the 51st GD (P) course. He was later posted to No 2 Squadron stationed at Maripur (Masroor) for an Operational Conversion Course, where he was destined for sublime heights by Almighty Allah. On 20 August, 1971 an unforgettable saga of bravery was crafted with his ultimate sacrifice. On this fateful day, Rashid vanquished the iniquitous intentions of his instructor pilot Flight Lieutenant Mati-ur-Rahman, who tried to hijack his training jet T-33 towards India. Rashid battled to take back the controls of the aircraft and finally prefered to crash the plane before it could cross the border. The brave son of soil accepted to sacrifice his life but didn't allow the country's dignity to be tarnished. In recognition of Rashid Minhas's supreme sacrifice and indelible courage, the Government of Pakistan awarded him with the highest gallantry award Nishan-e Haider. He will always be remembered as an icon of bravery & sacrifice and will remain a beacon for our future generations.

20 August, 2022: To pay homage to Pakistan's valiant son and the youngest recipient of Nishan-e-Haider, Pilot Officer Rashid Minhas Shaheed, the Directorate General Public Relations (Air Force) has released a short documentary on his 51st martyrdom anniversary. Pilot Officer Rashid Minhas Shaheed was born on 17 February, 1951. Having a dream of defending the aerial frontiers of the motherland, he got commission on 14 March, 1971 in the 51st GD (P) course. He was later posted to No 2 Squadron stationed at Maripur (Masroor) for an Operational Conversion Course, where he was destined for sublime heights by Almighty Allah. On 20 August, 1971 an unforgettable saga of bravery was crafted with his ultimate sacrifice. On this fateful day, Rashid vanquished the iniquitous intentions of his instructor pilot Flight Lieutenant Mati-ur-Rahman, who tried to hijack his training jet T-33 towards India. Rashid battled to take back the controls of the aircraft and finally prefered to crash the plane before it could cross the border. The brave son of soil accepted to sacrifice his life but didn't allow the country's dignity to be tarnished. In recognition of Rashid Minhas's supreme sacrifice and indelible courage, the Government of Pakistan awarded him with the highest gallantry award Nishan-e Haider. He will always be remembered as an icon of bravery & sacrifice and will remain a beacon for our future generations.
time to revisit that decision? we take dissent/mutiny seriously around here as evident from recent events.
Rashid Minhas Shaheed knew that the day he walked into the place.
Rule 1: the boss is always right,
Rule 2: If the boss is wrong, see rule #1

/s

time to revisit that decision? we take dissent/mutiny seriously around here as evident from recent events.

/s

Dear brother, please leave it for some other day, not on this thread.
It will be a disgrace to the blood of the true son of soils.
We could not afford to have such a reaction to our sons, for just the sins of a few bad men.

/s
Leave it yaar eventhough I know it's sarcastic

We should have given a burial at sea to the traitor Mati ur rehman, instead of turning over his remains to the wicked witch of BD to use him as a propaganda tool against Pakistan.

Condolences to families of "two pilots" who served Pakistan

Due to illegal Elections of 1971
The illegal act of not allowing winners to Rule or form Legal government in Pakistan
Civil war ensured

The real enemy was not accepting Election result
The real enemy was not accepting the people's voice

As a Pakistani I now acknowledge 2 Soldiers died on that day because someone made a wrong choice to deny Pakistan their electoral right in 1971

Had the election results been honored , these two soldiers would have continued to serve Pakistan

The time is here to correct these false stories which have been propped up for generations

They both lost their lives due to mistakes committed by others

Last edited:

The illegal act of not allowing winners to Rule or form Legal government in Pakistan
Civil war ensured

As a Pakistani I now acknowledge 2 Soldiers died on that day because someone made a wrong choice to deny Pakistan their electoral right in 1971

Had the election results been honored , these two soldiers would have continued to serve Pakistan

The time is here to correct these false stories which have been propped up for generations

If Matiur Rahman had any dignity or honor, he would have simply resigned and left for Bangladesh like Saiful Azam did. Instead the dishonorable traitorous dog breaking all his vows planned to defect to India with a PAF aircraft. He showed no regard for his trainee (Rashid Minhas) who trusted him. These are not the actions of a soldier.

You are doing a great disservice to Rashid Minhas, by justifying the actions of Matiur Rahman. :hitwall:

Civil war ensured

This was no reason to collude with Indians. MM Alam could have done it but he remained loyal despite being grounded. Siding with enemy just because one election result was denied is no reason. Political fights can always be fought within the system. Mati in my eyes will always be a traitor. Mussaraf who always claimed that diversion of his plane to india would have embarassed Pak Army yet he sold Minhas who stopped a jet trainer from landing in India. As a Pakistani you should be ashamed of your comments.

Last edited:
Imran khans wafadar tatoos have already ruined this thread.
No one can save anything anymore.. No one will remain holy cow. No one will be a holy figure.. The unconditional respect is gone. 'If you pray for the rain, then have to deal with the mud'.

This was no reason to collude with Indians. MM Alam could have done it but he remained loyal despite being grounded. Siding with enemy just because one election result was denied is no reason. Political fights can always be fought within the system. Mati in my eyes will always be a traitor. Mussaraf who always claimed that diversion of his plane to india would have embarassed Pak Army yet he sold Minhas who stopped a jet trainer from landing in India. As a Pakistani you should be ashamed of your commets.
End result matters so Muti is a traitor, no doubt, and yes we pushed him towards that. Some sold for money, some do for narrative/belief, some rebelled by circumstances... the cause behind can be better from the other, but in the end it will be a treason against Pak/PAF, no matters what..

Last edited:
Exactly..
And btw where is the proof that the jet was intentionally crashed by pilot officer rashid minhas or by some other technical failure?
What are your reasons to doubt otherwise? The canopy was opened from inside, Mati's dead body was found outside. He was not wearing parachute so there is no reason for him to eject. Minhas's body was inside the cockpit. He was the only one who could have done it. There were no technical issues with the aircraft.
Do you really feel ashamed of yourself after this explaination?

My Argument is not that the Rashid Minhas , crashed the plane or not likely the Young Pilot did that

However , why this Tragedy occurred is tied to 1971 Election

Most likely if the Election fiasco never happed both Soldiers would have lived out their lives normally

Election fiasco was not fault of other pilot, and Rashid Minhas also was not the one who did not accept election result

May be the story of Rashid Minhas is a blessing in disguise that the Anniversary is coming at such point in history of Pakistan where it is a reminder Do not temper with electoral vote and people's voice, allow Elections to take place and make sure their is honest attempt to have honest election

Last edited:
What are your reasons to doubt otherwise? The canopy was opened from inside, Mati's dead body was found outside. He was not wearing parachute so there is no reason for him to eject. Minhas's body was inside the cockpit. He was the only one who could have done it. There were no technical issues with the aircraft.
Do you really feel ashamed of yourself after this explaination?
Do you have any pics of a crashed plane to support your claims?
And don't use harsh language with me and others on this thread son. Until now I am being respectful to you ,don't test my patience.

Whatever reasons maybe one should not collude with sworn enemy against motherland. You should be ashamed of yourself by putting a Shaheed in the same bracket as a traitor.

I have stated my case , that 2 Soldiers died because , election of 1971
result were not respected So why does it makes one Soldier a hero and other a Demon ?
Doosra bhi hamara soldier tha

I feel remorse at loss of life of 2 "Soldiers"
Must have been some tragic , and challenging circumstances for both

There is a lot of wisdom and sadness in my words

But it is important to remember the greatest tragedy is the 1971 election result was not acknowledged

Let us remember the Tragedy of Rashid Minhas and connect it properly to 1971 Election

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom