What's new

Pure Brahmin hotel

iamnobody

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Last edited:

Imagine the outrage if a pure white restaurant that only employs white people opens.

But in the RSS's India, Bramens are above the law. Secular and democratic republic only on paper.

Article 15 of the Constitution of India forbids discrimination on grounds only of religion, race, caste, gender, or place of birth.

@-=virus=-

@Paitoo are you going to deny Bramen privelege?

@Drexluddin Khan Spiveyzai
Pure Brahmin maybe a lure for the poster, what am I supposed to do with it?
Many restaurants employe people only from their family, who are likely to be from their own caste. That does not mean discrimination.
I cannot understand what they are saying, there is too much background noise and Kannada is not my first language.
People are free to employ whom they want, especially small establishments.
It would be discrimination if I restricted people from other castes eating there.
When I start a business, I can employe whoever I want.
Let Dalits employ only Dalits. I have no issues with it.
An Udupi restaurant is likely to hire people from their region because they understand the cuisine. Muslims hire mostly muslims in their restaurants. No big deal

When I start a business, I can employe whoever I want
So if a Bramen business owner only employs Bramens, you have no issues with it.

This is what I was talking about yesterday. A Bramen HR guy in corporate world, will only hire Bramen guys.

Then people ask what's the point of reservations.

This is what I was talking about yesterday. A Bramen HR guy in corporate world, will only hire Bramen guys.
No, this does not happen. I have worked in the corporate world longer than you have. Please talk with facts. Otherwise your opinion is as good as mine.

So if a Bramen business owner only employs Bramens, you have no issues with it.
I have no issue with anyone employing anyone. Especially in small businesses, where they do not have the luxury of scouting for candidates all over the country, and have to make do with recommendations from within their circle. Imagine if I start a consulting practice and need 2 junior consultants. Will I publish an ad saying one should be Dalit and one Muslim? Do Dalits and Muslims specifically ask for Brahmins? No. I have run (and shut down) multiple businesses. Not a single of my employees was a Brahmin. It wasn't by design. That's just how it happened. I got people who I was comfortable with, who had reasonable skills, who could hire people behind them, could join quickly and met other operational criteria. That's how it works.

But there are niche restaurants. There are family run restaurants. There are Bohri families selling Bohri food in Bangalore and Mumbai. Do you think they employ Brahmins? No. I would be surprised if they employed non Bohri muslims in the first place.

Last edited:
No, this does not happen. I have worked in the corporate world longer than you have. Please talk with facts. Otherwise your opinion is as good as mine.
People are free to employ whom they want
When I start a business, I can employe whoever I want
Why are you trying to deny the obvious?
Screenshot_2023-06-16-14-34-55-660-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

Why are you trying to deny the obvious?
View attachment 934659
You can use statistics to prove anything. Without context they are nothing. What is the ratio of people applying to people getting selected. It is possible that there aren't many SC/ST candidates in the first place in a particular field.

In tennis there are hardly any black players. Does it mean ATP/ ITF is discriminating against black players? No. There are fewer black players because traditionally people from reasonably well off families have played tennis. Ditto in F1 racing and Golf.

If any bias exists, it is regionalism and favour to people from alma mater. IIM/IIT profs like to hire others from other IIM/IITs. South Indians prefer to hire south Indians in academia.

Show me statistics on how many SC/ST students go on to do PHD because that (unfortunately) has been a pre-requisite to get teaching jobs in universities. I wanted to teach, but I every college told me to F off because I didn't have a PHD.

You can use statistics to prove anything. Without context they are nothing. What is the ratio of people applying to people getting selected. It is possible that there aren't many SC/ST candidates in the first place in a particular field.

In tennis there are hardly any black players. Does it mean ATP/ ITF is discriminating against black players? No. There are fewer black players because traditionally people from reasonably well off families have played tennis. Ditto in F1 racing and Golf.

If any bias exists, it is regionalism and favour to people from alma mater. IIM/IIT profs like to hire others from other IIM/IITs. South Indians prefer to hire south Indians in academia.

Show me statistics on how many SC/ST students go on to do PHD because that (unfortunately) has been a pre-requisite to get teaching jobs in universities. I wanted to teach, but I every college told me to F off because I didn't have a PHD.
There is like 22.5 percent reservation for SC & ST. So atleast 22.5 percent of the candidates belong from those communities.

There is like 22.5 percent reservation for SC & ST. So atleast 22.5 percent of the candidates belong from those communities.
It does not work that way. Maybe they are applying for other kind of jobs which they think will work out well for them. Like government jobs. Maybe jobs that pay better compared to academia are their priority because they want to lift their families out of financial hardship. Sometimes certain communities are over represented in certain jobs. People from Kerala are very commonly found in nursing services. Kayasthas in babu jobs. In the 90s and early 2000s there was mushrooming of engineering colleges in South India. Hence historically south India has produced more workforce for the IT/ITES industry. The restaurant industry is dominated by the Mangalorean community in Mumbai. There are historic reasons for every phenomenon.

It does not work that way. Maybe they are applying for other kind of jobs which they think will work out well for them. Like government jobs. Maybe jobs that pay better compared to academia are their priority because they want to lift their families out of financial hardship. Sometimes certain communities are over represented in certain jobs. People from Kerala are very commonly found in nursing services. Kayasthas in babu jobs. In the 90s and early 2000s there was mushrooming of engineering colleges in South India. Hence historically south India has produced more workforce for the IT/ITES industry. The restaurant industry is dominated by the Mangalorean community in Mumbai. There are historic reasons for every phenomenon.
Bramens are over represented in every sector. Mere coincidence?

The results confirmed our worst suspicions. A staggering 88 per cent of this elite list were upper-caste Hindus, a social group that cannot possibly exceed 20 per cent of India’s population. Brahmins alone, no more than 2-3 per cent in the population, occupied 49 per cent positions. Not even a single person in this list turned out to be from Dalit or Adivasi background.

Bramens are over represented in every sector. Mere coincidence?
No, not coincidence. Brahmins are a large portion of the educated workforce, esp higher education and professional education. That is a historical chunk being carried forward. It will decline in % terms, but not so quickly. Moreover, aggregating like this is not useful at all. About 70% population of India is rural and there aren't many Brahmins in rural areas. Most Brahmins are in urban areas and what you call jobs are also an urban phenomenon. Be honest and talk from experience if you have any.

I will tell you the ugly reality and it is not related to caste (directly at least). In the corporate world, especially in managerial jobs, there is a preference for people who speak in a certain way and look a certain way. Dalits are yet to get there. So you should advise them to improve their social skills, dressing sense, accent etc. It is sad, and a reality that I hate, but you have to live with it till things improve. If you are smooth talking, dapper looking Dalit, you stand the same chances as me. Ditch the bitterness and develop the confidence instead. No one asks your caste in any form, in any interview in any company.

Hans mat Puneri Bramen Nilu @iamnobody . The best piece of advice you can give a Dalit girl aspiring for job in an Indian startup is to learn the body language of a diva, wearing the latest fashion, use corporate jargons, drink only Starbucks coffee, eat greek yogurt and couscous salad, leave work at 4 to go for zumba classes. Stop poisoning their mind with shit.

@iamnobody

my brahmin broski @Paitoo has answered all of your questions, and dispensed gyaan to you in a way which only a troo bloo high born Brahmin can..

I nod in agreement, nothing more to add.

thanks @Paitoo brahmin

btw, I'm waiting on an order from a famous Kashmiri muslim place... tabak maaz and yakhni, delish 🤤

Yeh kya time hai khana khanay ka. Aap nishachar prateet hotay hain.
haan yaar, subhe se pukkha mar ra hu running arnd getting some stupid shite done.. ghar pe was gobi and daal, .. I said fukit, I'll treat myself to something proper. :P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom