What's new

Uniform Civil Code can be the real unifying force in India. Critics must think again

He said equality was impossible in India with a Hindu majority with the history of South Asia

Turns out it’s Pakistan where minorities are not allowed to become a PM, President or Army Chief. That’s the LAW in Pakistan. Equality is not guaranteed in Islamic Pakistan.

So Jinnah, as always, was wrong here too.

India, on the other hand never had such non sense law. And with UCC, we will eliminate whatever remaining non sense is there at the moment.

it is meant not to bring progressivism and justice to Indians but arranged in a way to be used as a log to hit Muslims with.
How UCC is used as a log to hit Muslims ?

Let's abolish marriage altoghter. Among the various wrongs of the family system is that people, especially the useless "educated" middle classees, spend their life in looking after their families and don't care for the wider society and humanity beyond their little selfish units called families. :)

Wah, bakwas idea hai 🙂

Turns out it’s Pakistan where minorities are not allowed to become a PM, President or Army Chief. That’s the LAW in Pakistan. Equality is not guaranteed in Islamic Pakistan.

India, on the other hand never had such non sense law.

You say that while India is on the way to genocide and Hindu Rashtra. :)

Who is championing the UCC currently and what are they saying about the oppression of women in Hindu families and in society ? :)

What does the proposed UCC say about caste system, honor killings and this ridiculous thing called "Head of the family" ?

Wah, bakwas idea hai 🙂

Why do you think so ?

If a member of the minority murders a Hindu, no one speaks out; nevertheless, if a member of the minority kills a Hindu, people cry like crocodiles and yell like rivers.
Could I compliment you on your pellucid logic?

Perhaps this was a Freudian slip.

I pointed the irony.

Scarf can be intrinsic part of someone's faith. Asking them to take it off is not different from asking a man to take the turban off he wears for religious or customary reason.

We should have no business telling others what they put on their heads. Years ago a friend was in traffic court in America. Judge told him to take his cap off. He said he wears it for religious reasons. Judge said, it's okay.
then there should be no uniform right? hijab is NOT an intrinsic part of the faith. the courts took this decision after thorough consultation I believe.
PS - as usual the fiberals have lied on this issue. there was no ban on hijab. it's about not wearing it within the school. there is no need to wear one in an educational institution. Also how are we going to know that the student is the one behind the veil should they wear the burkha.

Last edited:
However, if people were to properly examine our systems, they would see that many benefits go to minorities while Hindus are left out.
Name one.

When it comes to Indian systems and what JInnah said, the situation is quite the opposite in India.
I can tell you with great authority and firmness that this is wrong. Muslims are discriminated against in a myriad tiny little ways, the sum total of which is to make them frustrated and angry.

Listen to this, if you dare!

Name one.

I can tell you with great authority and firmness that this is wrong. Muslims are discriminated against in a myriad tiny little ways, the sum total of which is to make them frustrated and angry.

Listen to this, if you dare!

unfortunately in india both the minority and majority are frustrated and angry.
whilst the UCC in principle seems reasonable, I am confident anything that this government does, they manage to supremely botch it up.

it's about not wearing it within the school. there is no need to wear one in an educational institution. Also how are we going to know that the student is the one behind the veil should they wear the burkha.
I FIRMLY oppose the hijab, forget about burkhas.

However, two things.

First, it should be the student's right to wear what she chooses to wear, within reason. Wearing a bikini to class would be dire.

Second, those pricks in charge of that junior college brought in a rule long after the student who insisted on wearing a hijab had joined the college. This was a provocative step taken with the collusion of the state government.

There was no excuse for those little bastards who followed the girl to school, wearing saffron scarves and shouting at her at the top of their voices.

unfortunately in india both the minority and majority are frustrated and angry.
whilst the UCC in principle seems reasonable, I am confident anything that this government does, they manage to supremely botch it up.
Again, I repeat.

The UCC is already a reality in one corner of India. Everyone overlooks this, as did the very prominent BJP minister (very popular, well liked, whom I personally hated) from the place in question.

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST. It will open your eyes. The eyes of all who listen.

Who is championing the UCC currently and what are they saying about the oppression of women in Hindu families and in society ? :)

What does the proposed UCC say about caste system, honor killings and this ridiculous thing called "Head of the family" ?

Why do you think so ?
The genocide talk in india is a lie by the fiberals. riots in india are fairly even. Any oppression anywhere should be taken seriously and addressed.
Caste system has been mostly addressed in Hindu society with a lot of noise being made by the backward caste and they are well represented. It's the caste system in the Christian and Muslim society that requires attention now. Head of the family is a common term all over the Commonwealth and even other parts of Europe. its just a SPOC.

I FIRMLY oppose the hijab, forget about burkhas.

However, two things.

First, it should be the student's right to wear what she chooses to wear, within reason. Wearing a bikini to class would be dire.

Second, those pricks in charge of that junior college brought in a rule long after the student who insisted on wearing a hijab had joined the college. This was a provocative step taken with the collusion of the state government.
From what I read it's not the college but the parents who barged in with demands on the back of volunteer work with Hindu outfits. I maybe wrong about the sequencing. However I do agree that the state govt wanted to polarise on this issue.
The question is that, having been blown out of proportion , what is the right thing to do now??? I alluded to the fact that the majority community also is disgruntled. case in point being many christian run schools in TN don't allow hindus to were markers like vibuthi or pottu (bind) while allowing other religiuos symbols. why is no one talking about this?
There was no excuse for those little bastards who followed the girl to school, wearing saffron scarves and shouting at her at the top of their voices.
That was a stupid thing to do.
Again, I repeat.

The UCC is already a reality in one corner of India. Everyone overlooks this, as did the very prominent BJP minister (very popular, well liked, whom I personally hated) from the place in question.

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST. It will open your eyes. The eyes of all who listen.
I shall listen to the podcast.. which place is this

The genocide talk in india is a lie by the fiberals. riots in india are fairly even. Any oppression anywhere should be taken seriously and addressed.
Caste system has been mostly addressed in Hindu society with a lot of noise being made by the backward caste and they are well represented. It's the caste system in the Christian and Muslim society that requires attention now. Head of the family is a common term all over the Commonwealth and even other parts of Europe. its just a SPOC.

I will have to write a detailed reply so allow me to do it tomorrow.

From what I read it's not the college but the parents who barged in with demands on the back of volunteer work with Hindu outfits. I maybe wrong about the sequencing. However I do agree that the state govt wanted to polarise on this issue.
The question is that, having been blown out of proportion , what is the right thing to do now??? I alluded to the fact that the majority community also is disgruntled. case in point being many christian run schools in TN don't allow hindus to were markers like vibuthi or pottu (bind) while allowing other religiuos symbols. why is no one talking about this?

That was a stupid thing to do.

I shall listen to the podcast.. which place is this
It's an interview of a PhD scholar who investigated the Ahmedabad riot and wrote a book about it.

The question is that, having been blown out of proportion , what is the right thing to do now???
What she's been doing was the right thing to do, IMO.

She gets to college with the hijab on (actually, it isn't a hijab, it's a full-body covering, not a scarf on the head), undresses in a room given by the admin for this purpose, and then does her classes in regular, young-woman attire.

Once classes are over, she climbs back into the garment and goes home.

I thought that was the sensible thing to do.

I’ve been listening to this ‘we are on the way to genocide and Hindu Rashtra’ from 2014. May be you guys should stop it now and talk about it only when this happens. I hope that’s okay with you.

Also I won’t have a problem with Hindu Rashtra or whatever Rashtra as long as all citizens are treated equally. Case in point is Pakistan, where non Muslims are - by Law- not allowed to become PM President or the Army Chief.

UCC should also do away with all caste nonsense really. I totally support that.

Appeasement shouldn’t be meted out to any community like it happens now.

And you - of all people - being a commie - should wholeheartedly support this UCC thing. Wouldn’t you want all people treated equally? Or you are one of those who want appeasement?

I’ve been listening to this ‘we are on the way to genocide and Hindu Rashtra’ from 2014. May be you guys should stop it now and talk about it only when this happens. I hope that’s okay with you.

Also I won’t have a problem with Hindu Rashtra or whatever Rashtra as long as all citizens are treated equally. Case in point is Pakistan, where non Muslims are - by Law- not allowed to become PM President or the Army Chief.

UCC should also do away with all caste nonsense really. I totally support that.

Appeasement shouldn’t be meted out to any community like it happens now.

And you - of all people - being a commie - should wholeheartedly support this UCC thing. Wouldn’t you want all people treated equally? Or you are one of those who want appeasement?

Will reply tomorrow. Tired now.

India, on the other hand never had such non sense law. And with UCC, we will eliminate whatever remaining non sense is there at the moment.

We were honest, I hate Hindus

India is a communal shithole and UCC will be used to target Indian Muslims

Back
Top Bottom