What's new

Pakistan vs India: WC Semifinal - March 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Indian team has many experienced players who know how to handle and approach high tension games.

There's a difference handling pressure on the pitch, & off it. We quite clearly know (going by the head-to-head statistics) who handles it better on the pitch... :pakistan:

Enjoy this video!

Last edited by a moderator:
This Indian team has many experienced players who know how to handle and approach high tension games.

that is the big plus we have...a cool headed captain along with most experienced batting line up... great player of spin and fast bowling.. we also have better fielders atleast in 30 yards circle..

Pakistanis start mind games, Indians stay mum

Mohali: Pakistan skipper Shahid Afridi and speedster Umar Gul on Monday tried to up the ante ahead of the big semi-final match against India, saying their side was primed to end the four-match losing streak against their arch-rivals in the World Cup.

However, India continued to keep a low profile ahead of the match, which is being tipped as the mother of all battles, as there were no comments from the side. India cruised into the semis after beating defending champions Australia at Motera that virtually ended the dominant era of the Aussies. Cricket fans across the country are waiting for a 100 from Sachin Tendulkar, who is just one ton short of completing 100 international centuries.

Pak pacer Umar Gul said his side will look to rip through the home side`s much vaunted top order to stop them on their tracks. "Their (India`s) batting line-up is very strong but our bowling is very good and equally up to the task. (Skipper Shahid) Afridi is the leading wicket-taker. We have a bit of an advantage with our bowling but I am happy with the way the batsmen played in the quarterfinal," Gul said.

"The first three wickets (of India) are very crucial for us. They (India) are depending on the top-three. I am in good form and am looking for these three wickets," said Gul, who has taken 14 wickets so far in the tournament, when asked about the plans of his team to tackle the explosive opening duo of Tendulkar and Sehwag.

"Whether it is a knockout match or a league match, any match against India is a big match always, a high-pressure match. The last time we played here, we chased 327 but it depends on how the wicket behaves. The average good score here will be 270-280," he said.

Meanwhile, skipper Afridi accused the Indian media of negative campaign against his team and has advised his players not to watch any news or talk show related to their match to avoid distraction.

"The media here has created quite a hype around our World Cup semifinal against India but I`m not watching it. Whenever they start flashing some story about the match, I just change the channel and go to something else. I have no time for it," Afridi said.

"There is no war. It`s a big cricket match for both the teams and I want to just focus on it."

"I`ve asked all the players to avoid watching news or discussions on TV shows and bulletins. It might distract them," the dashing all-rounder added.

Pakistan`s Misbah-ul-Haq too, while taking a dig at India, suggested it wasn`t necessary to notch up tons to win games. "As a team it is important to win first," he said. "We have no centuries but if we go back home with the Cup we will be very, very happy. Nice cameos are sometimes more effective if everyone is contributing."

man...................... you think it's appropriate if a Pakistani calls your Bharat a ?????????????? :|

and then says please ignore because i heard someone saying this?

And being inappropriate is your way of replying to something inappropriate?

For last 3 days No Indian player has spoken to the media... That speaks for itself and shows who is calm and cool abt their preparations... on other hand there are daily statements made to media by pakistan....

Dear Pakistan team stop complaining and concentrate on practice... media will do what they want to ... so Shahid dont get involve in media tactics or else u will have to swallow your own words regarding ur comments on Sir Tendulkar ...

i am seeing this comment for 3rd time lolz :lol:

You clearly haven't read my posts before, if you think you know me or what I feel about Pakistan. It's also important to be a level headed person. So don't get pissed off at me. Why do you think I'd be excited to see a joke like that? But as the Indian poster said, "ignore the k-utta" part and read "the sher part". If he hadn't said that, I'd agree with you. But please, don't get so sentimental over something so nonsensical. The rest is up to you my friend. I'm not getting worked up on it because I know it is something nonsensical.

I was not saying you DONT CROSS LIMITS
it was for the ignore kar guy

sorry if you are hurt. nothing directed against you

Can these threads be closed till , maybe a half an hour before the match starts on Wednesday..

There is no purpose for these except abusing each other in the name of nationality, religion and what not..

i just hope the indian and pakistani cricketers conduct themselves in a better way than how us indian and pakistani members conducted ourselves on this forum today .

Can these threads be closed till , maybe a half an hour before the match starts on Wednesday..

There is no purpose for these except abusing each other in the name of nationality, religion and what not..

“From a little SpArK may burst a flame.” :pleasantry: :lol:

I predict 100+ people will be viewing this thread on the 30th of March!

Dhoni (bivi se): Tea dena.
Bivi ne plate me chahe di.
Dhoni (gussay se): cup me do
Bivi: Cup to tera baap afraidi le gya hai. Ab isi me pi.

old...n...,modified
original joke was b/w ponting and his wife... (after india's victory over Aus.)

Mohali: Pakistan skipper Shahid Afridi and speedster Umar Gul on Monday tried to up the ante ahead of the big semi-final match against India, saying their side was primed to end the four-match losing streak against their arch-rivals in the World Cup.

However, India continued to keep a low profile ahead of the match, which is being tipped as the mother of all battles, as there were no comments from the side. India cruised into the semis after beating defending champions Australia at Motera that virtually ended the dominant era of the Aussies. Cricket fans across the country are waiting for a 100 from Sachin Tendulkar, who is just one ton short of completing 100 international centuries.

Pak pacer Umar Gul said his side will look to rip through the home side`s much vaunted top order to stop them on their tracks. "Their (India`s) batting line-up is very strong but our bowling is very good and equally up to the task. (Skipper Shahid) Afridi is the leading wicket-taker. We have a bit of an advantage with our bowling but I am happy with the way the batsmen played in the quarterfinal," Gul said.

"The first three wickets (of India) are very crucial for us. They (India) are depending on the top-three. I am in good form and am looking for these three wickets," said Gul, who has taken 14 wickets so far in the tournament, when asked about the plans of his team to tackle the explosive opening duo of Tendulkar and Sehwag.

"Whether it is a knockout match or a league match, any match against India is a big match always, a high-pressure match. The last time we played here, we chased 327 but it depends on how the wicket behaves. The average good score here will be 270-280," he said.

Meanwhile, skipper Afridi accused the Indian media of negative campaign against his team and has advised his players not to watch any news or talk show related to their match to avoid distraction.

"The media here has created quite a hype around our World Cup semifinal against India but I`m not watching it. Whenever they start flashing some story about the match, I just change the channel and go to something else. I have no time for it," Afridi said.

"There is no war. It`s a big cricket match for both the teams and I want to just focus on it."

"I`ve asked all the players to avoid watching news or discussions on TV shows and bulletins. It might distract them," the dashing all-rounder added.

Pakistan`s Misbah-ul-Haq too, while taking a dig at India, suggested it wasn`t necessary to notch up tons to win games. "As a team it is important to win first," he said. "We have no centuries but if we go back home with the Cup we will be very, very happy. Nice cameos are sometimes more effective if everyone is contributing."

India wasn't supposed to face Pakistan in this year's semi final in India, right? Everyone thought Pakistan would be knocked out before the quarterfinals, & set all of Pakistan's games in Sri Lanka & Bangladesh, yet it is Pakistan going to India to face India. Just having Pakistan's national anthem played in Mohali is a great achievement considering how India didn't want Pakistan to play in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom