What's new

1st Semi Final : India Vs New Zealand

Except Dhoni did win a Worldcup, if you have forgotten.
He did more than just win a world cup, he built a team that consistently performed. He will get eaten by the analysts and media and forced to retire. Sad to see people forgetting so easily.

He did more than just win a world cup, he built a team that consistently performed. He will get eaten by the analysts and media and forced to retire. Sad to see people forgetting so easily.

But he should retire now. This is the second best time for him to retire, the best was a year or two ago.

Dhoni has been one of the greatest cricketers India has ever produced. I am 35 years old, My first memories of watching cricket was front diving catch of ajay jadeja of the 92 Worldcup. Since I have followed cricket, we have known 5 batsmen one WK, and 5 bowlers make the team, where the WK is good for a 15 run avg and thus we have produced poor batting WK like More, Saba Karin, Mongia, Deep Dasgupta, Samir Dighe, etc.
Dhoni showed India, that a WK can bat and bat right up there with the best, and then he took Ganguly's mantle to transform the team into a world beater.

Irrespective of what the majority views on the thread are, I felt India's comback from 3/5 to such a close match which again Dhoni potentially could have turned right upto the 48.2nd over was absolutely remarkable.

In retrospect, India couldn't find two proper batsmen among the many in India, while playing two additional wk's, karthik and pant. While seasoned batsmen like Pujara, Rayadu, Shreyas Iyer, and new kids like Shubmann Gill and Prithvi Shaw are colling their heels back home.

Dismayed that we couldn't play the final, but that's how knockouts are, but still extremely proud of the allround performance of the team to the resources they played with. Karthik, Pant and Pandya have single handedly changed games in the past, today, none of them fired. The first three scored 67% of all of Indian runs in the WC, today they scored 0.014%, every thing that could go wrong for India went wrong. Chalta hai, it happens, we will rebuild and try next time. :)

Yes.
I don't know why so many people are in denial about India's complicity? I mean even senior retired Indian cricketers and media were alluding to the unethical way the Indian team really didn't fight against England. And FIGHT HARD was all India had to do: They were ALREADY qualified, so WHY FEAR?!!

And it wasn't just Dhoni. He has my deepest respect. I hope Indians don't insult him. But when a conscious or unconscious decision was already made to not let Pakistan advance then the whole team under-performed: From bowlers to the batsmen! I maybe wrong but I don't recall Indian bowlers--who had been ranked so high till the England match--were clobbered so much.

If what I say here is not enough--look at the glee in the social media where Indians were no so discreetly enjoying Pakistan's ouster from the WC because of Indian team's unethical behavior.

I truly believe Pakistani team didn't deserve the Cup--maybe a Semi Final slot, yes, and I had India as the favorite. I would have accepted their victory with a good heart: Work hard and earn well. But, as I said, the India vs England match changed my thinking.

And so today I have a great justification to be HAPPY!! And it's 5'O Clock Here: Time to watch the HIGHLIGHTS!!

You sir are a sensible member, so I would put it down to ignorance and not trolling.

India had NOT ALREADY QUALIFIED. India was only at 11 points in the match versus England. Pakistan and New Zealand also ended the table with 11 points and Pakistan got ousted due to the NRR. Had India lost badly to England by a big margin and then lost the upcoming matches with Bangladesh and SL, there was possibility of India being ousted during the group stages itself. THAT was the reason for the FEAR and the relatively defensive play by India.

Sad to see Indians and Indian media going after Dhoni after this match.. He, along with Jadeja took the match away from New Zealand.. India was almost there. He blocked the wicket and that was what required at that stage. In last two overs, even 30 runs are possible if a team's main batsmen are at crease. Probably this was their plan.. one blocking the wicket vs the other going after the bowlers to keep the required RR under control. I think they had a plan.

Contrary to what many believe, I think Dhoni didn't deliberately slow down the innings in India Vs England match. Compare both the innings of Dhoni, and you guys will know that Dhoni made more than a ball in the match against England, although that wasn't enough.

I think he has become old, and can't hit the ball like he used to do some years back. But forcing him to resign is the most unimaginable thing that you can only expect from Indian media. He is blocking the wicket so well still. Instead of forcing him to resign, they should force the captain to change the batting order and bring him earlier in matches when India loses both openers in the first five overs, so that he could block the ball and make it lose its shine. Kohli can take charge after that.

Sad to see Indians and Indian media going after Dhoni after this match.. He, along with Jadeja took the match away from New Zealand.. India was almost there. He blocked the wicket and that was what required at that stage. In last two overs, even 30 runs are possible if a team's main batsmen are at crease. Probably this was their plan.. one blocking the wicket vs the other going after the bowlers to keep the required RR under control. I think they had a plan.

Contrary to what many believe, I think Dhoni didn't deliberately slow down the innings in India Vs England match. Compare both the innings of Dhoni, and you guys will know that Dhoni made more than a ball in the match against England, although that wasn't enough.

I think he has become old, and can't hit the ball like he used to do some years back. But forcing him to resign is the most unimaginable thing that you can only expect from Indian media. He is blocking the wicket so well still. Instead of forcing him to resign, they should force the captain to change the batting order and bring him earlier in matches when India loses both openers in the first five overs, so that he could block the ball and make it lose its shine. Kohli can take charge after that.

Acha woh sub to theek kaha tum nai

Laikin khushi bohat hoyi India k bahar honai ki honestly speaking :lol:

Acha woh sub to theek kaha tum nai

Laikin khushi bohat hoyi India k bahar honai ki honestly speaking :lol:
Yesterday in my office, when India was losing.. I went to many Indians.. all were saying they have no interest in cricket.. some stopped watching cricket long time back.. BC itnay harami hain..

2 ki tou awaz bhi record ki hai main ne.. lolll

Yesterday in my office, when India was losing.. I went to many Indians.. all were saying they have no interest in cricket.. some stopped watching cricket long time back.. BC itnay harami hain..

2 ki tou awaz bhi record ki hai main ne.. lolll

Same happened in Champions Trophy 2017 too

Whole tournament every Indian fan was doing baap beta chutyapa and when they lost the final everyone suddenly became so mature and sane

I say it again. India has a very good cricket team. Have top class talent. But they have the worst fan base among all Cricket playing nations.

Dhoni has been one of the greatest cricketers India has ever produced. I am 35 years old, My first memories of watching cricket was front diving catch of ajay jadeja of the 92 Worldcup. Since I have followed cricket, we have known 5 batsmen one WK, and 5 bowlers make the team, where the WK is good for a 15 run avg and thus we have produced poor batting WK like More, Saba Karin, Mongia, Deep Dasgupta, Samir Dighe, etc.
Dhoni showed India, that a WK can bat and bat right up there with the best, and then he took Ganguly's mantle to transform the team into a world beater.

Irrespective of what the majority views on the thread are, I felt India's comback from 3/5 to such a close match which again Dhoni potentially could have turned right upto the 48.2nd over was absolutely remarkable.

In retrospect, India couldn't find two proper batsmen among the many in India, while playing two additional wk's, karthik and pant. While seasoned batsmen like Pujara, Rayadu, Shreyas Iyer, and new kids like Shubmann Gill and Prithvi Shaw are colling their heels back home.

Dismayed that we couldn't play the final, but that's how knockouts are, but still extremely proud of the allround performance of the team to the resources they played with. Karthik, Pant and Pandya have single handedly changed games in the past, today, none of them fired. The first three scored 67% of all of Indian runs in the WC, today they scored 0.014%, every thing that could go wrong for India went wrong. Chalta hai, it happens, we will rebuild and try next time. :)
I have a question why wasn't Ryadu playing? He was in the team for a while and settled in the middle order. India does have a good batting line up but lets take the top 3 away what do we have left, that's what happened against Pak in the finals and now. And if Dhoni goes, do you seriously expect kartick or pandya to fill his mantle. I like KL rahul and Rydu.

There was more going on with Dhoni for people who know cricket.

Even the bowler Lockie Fergusen was shocked when Dhoni simply let a wide short ball go without even moving his bat or show any intent to flick the ball. Something he did do 7 balls later and scored a six but Jadeja was gone by then...

Then Dhoni didn't care to dive to save his wicket and literally threw the world cup final away.

Karma is a bitch indeed...remember how Dhoni did even more obnoxious blocking against England and taking singles that looked deliberately ridiculous according to both Nasir Hussain and Saurav ganguly...So what he did by design against England gave him good practice to repeat the feat when the odds must be really good if India lost...

Just imagine what would have happened if only Dhoni had dived to save his wicket and secure his team a place in fnals...

Amazing coincidences that many a bookies would be celebrating due to the odds in favour of India after over 40 onwards.
With reference to above post, Was this act of Covering his face with his bat a sign by Dhoni to bookies?

In the picture it appears that he is saying something to coach Shastri but in live telecast he did it repeatedly even when Shastri was not leaning at that angle and Dhoni's face was away from that side but he kept covering his mouth with his bat as if reciting some mantar on it. Strange act.

It does look like Dhoni is reciting some mantar on his bad but it sure was a deliberate and unique act done repeatedly to have successfully attracted the attention of camera man.

Screenshot_2019-07-11-13-12-32.png

The way most of Indian fans and media turned against Dhoni, it was disgusting to say the least. Dhoni have been an exceptional servant of Indian cricket and this is not how people should pay back the hero for years of service.

you should be ashamed of your team which can only perform on flat tracks and hasnt improved at all. they struggled against afghanistan and they struggled against nz twice. STOP making flat tracks for artificial improvment of your side

Back
Top Bottom