What's new

India vs Pakistan: T20 Worldcup Big Clash | Mother of all Matches in World Cricket

Don't mess with us.....

1635177961985.png

Afridi's new-ball magic

-- Shaheen Shah Afridi justified his captain's decision to field first with a lethal spell of fast bowling that pushed India on the backfoot from the start.

1635178408631.png

Afridi's inswinging yorker trapped Indian opener Rohit Sharma lbw for nought on the fourth ball of the innings.

He struck again in his second over to send KL Rahul trudging back to pavilion and return figures of 2-19 in his first three overs to set the tone for Pakistan's dominance.

The left-arm quick went for 12 runs in his final over but got captain Virat Kohli's key scalp to restrict India to 151-7 while he finished with figures of 3-31.

Kohli later admitted that Afridi's new-ball heroics put their batsmen "under pressure" and they had no answers.

"He put our batsmen under pressure immediately with the new ball and ran in with intensity," said Kohli.

"Mickey Author" - One of the men behind Babar Azam. Saw potential in Babar, trained and polished him, faced all criticism when Babar was failed in performances, and now here are the results after years of hard work. He gave Pakistan an outstanding captain and opener.

Last edited:
Nobody asked you to join?
If you don't like it, stay away.
Fed up of snobs like you. 😆

Party was open for everyone to join so hush ... ain't no one to tell anyone to buzz off .. you young lads can go ahead and try being arrogant for all i care, if i was snobbish i wouldn't be posting about being humble :P

Party was open for everyone to join so hush ... ain't no one to tell anyone to buzz off .. you young lads can go ahead and try being arrogant for all i care, if i was snobbish i wouldn't be posting about being humble :P
the-snob_o_730470.jpg

Babar effect

-- Babar Azam played a captain's knock of 68 in a clinical show by Pakistan who had never won a World Cup match against India in 12 previous attempts (five in T20 and seven in 50-over tournaments).

Babar, the world's number-two ranked T20 batsman behind Dawid Malan of England, took on the Indian bowlers with an attacking mindset along with opening partner Mohammad Rizwan who hit 79.

The skipper showed no signs of backing down as he played his shots with gusto, hitting six fours and two sixes in his 52-ball knock.

He reached his fifty with a huge six off spinner Varun Chakravarthy to make India's vaunted bowling attack look ordinary as they chased down their target with 13 balls to spare.

However, Babar warned his players of complacency after breaking their India jinx with four more games to come in the round-robin Super 12 second stage against New Zealand, Afghanistan and Scotland.

617651a1257f8.jpg

"It won't get easier just because we beat India," he said.

"We will take the confidence, but we're taking it one match at a time, and there's a long way to go in the tournament."

Did u see how dangerous Afghanistan is. I hope they beat India and New Zealand

it was the first time Pakistan had beaten India in an ICC world level contest and so that was the major reason to celebrate. But it was not a World Cup.
Wrong. Pakistan has defeated India in ICC Champion Trophy twice before famous 2017 final victory. In 2004 and 2007 , Pakistan defeated them. But yes ODI World Cup is superior tournament than champions trophy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom