What's new

ICC WorldCup 2023: India vs Pakistan: Biggest Match in this World || Half the World Viewership of Greatest Rivalry on 14th Oct, Ahmadabad

Asian.Century

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ICC World Cup 2023: India vs Pakistan: Biggest Cricket Match in this World | Half the World Viewership of Greatest Rivalry at Ahmadabad |14th Oct

All match discussion, hype, interest and news here on this thread.

Indian home soil and, India Cricket Team in the best of forms winning back to back matches, will face a rising jittery Pakistan, its greatest arch rivals, where the stakes are as high as the common man wants this match to win at all costs. The only positive for Pakistan is the Highest ever World-cup chase of 345 against Srilanka in the last match.

This is a must watch match every Indian 1.6 billion of them and every 250 million of Pakistanis in their own countries and over 1 billion viewers to see around the world to see the spectacle.

This match to generate record revenues for ICC, BCCI, India and even Pakistan - nearly 30%-40% income in sponsorships, tickets, ads, views, etc etc of the total money generated at the world-cup.

Start time 10:30am with a spicy opening ceremony, songs, dances and celebrities to see the top of Indian cultural marvel and bollywood.

1697114313723.png

Lets discuss the teams, players, news, happenings....

Indians excited for this match.

Fans throng hospitals for overnight stay as India-Pakistan hysteria grips Ahmedabad

Reuters October 12, 2023

1697112514506.png

Cricket fever has gripped Ahmedabad ahead of Saturday’s World Cup group stage clash between arch-rivals India and Pakistan and a visit to the hospitals near the venue of the match in the western Indian city clearly shows the degree of excitement.

Quite a few hospitals have seen a sudden influx of patients booked in for check-ups involving a night’s stay to coincide with the most anticipated match of the 50-over showpiece.

Several doctors told local media the rush for check-up “packages” was an ingenious way to find affordable accommodation as hotel costs have soared up to 20-fold ahead of the match.

“We have come across some cases of people coming to watch the India-Pakistan match also taking an appointment for health check-ups and staying in hospitals,” Tushar Patel, President of the Ahmedabad Medical Association, told Reuters.

The Ahmedabad Hospitals and Nursing Homes Association has discouraged its members from accommodating such fans.

“We have asked our members not to entertain such requests. Hospitals are not meant for non-patients,” its president Bharat Gadhavi told Reuters.

Three wars​

The Asian neighbours have fought three wars since becoming separate countries in 1947 and the relationship further soured after the 2008 Mumbai attack.

While bilateral cricket became a casualty of geopolitical realities, it also whetted the appetite for a clash between neighbours who play each other only in multi-team events.

India and Pakistan head into the showdown having both won their opening two matches at the tournament.

The first batch of tickets for Saturday’s game were sold out within an hour of going on sale in August, prompting the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to release another 14,000 earlier this month.

Ahmedabad resident Hemish Patel and his friends, after several days of failed attempts, grabbed four tickets, each costing 6,000 Indian rupees ($72.15). “We logged into the site with multiple devices,” he said.

“We constantly kept on refreshing the site and were able to book within 10 minutes after the sale of tickets began,” he said. Patel was one of the lucky few.

Tickets are fetching up to 25 times face value on resale and city police arrested four youths on Tuesday for selling fakes.

Airfare has surged up to four times and Indian railways will run a pair of super fast trains linking Mumbai and Ahmedabad.

Perfect venue​

The 134,000-capacity Narendra Modi Stadium, which hosted former US President Donald Trump in 2020 and Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese earlier this year, looks like a perfect arena for cricket’s fiercest rivalry.

According to Indian media reports, Saturday’s game will kick off with a musical performance and with be graced by Bollywood stars such as Amitabh Bachan, Rajnikanth and others.

Ahmedabad has been declared a “no-drone zone” on Saturday, and 11,000 security personnel will be deployed for the high-profile match, Ahmedabad police commissioner GS Malik said.

On their first tour of India since the 2016 T20 World Cup, Pakistan were accorded a warm welcome in Hyderabad, where they played their first two matches.

India have a perfect 7-0 record against Pakistan at ODI World Cups and while the rivalry assumes the Orwellian concept of serious sport — “war minus the shooting” — players from both sides share good relations.

During the Sri Lanka leg of the Asia Cup last month, Pakistan fast bowler Shaheen Afridi gave Jasprit Bumrah a gift for the Indian’s newborn baby and the video went viral.

It will be a special occasion for Indian Liyakat Khan, whose daughter Samiya is married to Pakistan fast bowler Hasan Ali.

“My wife went to Pakistan in 2021 when my daughter was expecting her first child. We will meet again … I can’t wait to hold my grandchild,” Khan told the Indian Express newspaper.

I'm all for hype and excitement for the game by people and the boards, but respect and manners should be shown to all teams. By this I mean that there was no opening ceremony for the world cup yet there is a huge ceremony for THIS game? It's just like the Asia cup where they announced a back-up reserve day ONLY for the Pak-Ind game and none for the other games involving other teams leaving them pondering if they are considered not equally worth.

Pakistan has the better bowling unit than India. The last match they won which honestly many thought they would lose, will make them favorites against India. The only thing agsiant them is that they have never beaten India in a World Cup ODI. They also buckle easily under pressure but the last match will see them go in with more confidence.

I think without Gill we have a weak opening that may expose the middle order too soon. All in all, excited to watch this. Hoping India keeps it's record against Pakistan in the world cup.

I'm all for hype and excitement for the game by people and the boards, but respect and manners should be shown to all teams. By this I mean that there was no opening ceremony for the world cup yet there is a huge ceremony for THIS game? It's just like the Asia cup where they announced a back-up reserve day ONLY for the Pak-Ind game and none for the other games involving other teams leaving them pondering if they are considered not equally worth.

Bhai jan! Paisa bolta hai, Viewership bolti hai! All of Indians and Pakistanis want to see this so let it be the best, there are clearly high stakes, high emotions and alot of revenue generated, so clearly give every Pakistan-India match a much better standard, status and total respect.

If this is going to have an Opening Ceremony, it really depends on the country host, so its India's decision, their own wish. India want to show to the world that this match, which gets half the world seeing, is what India has got, it's powerhouse as a Cricket Champ, its majestic stadiums, it's people, So be it. If you are getting respect why throw that respect in the dustbin.

Nobody agrees that anything other, has more worth, than a Pakistan-India high-octane match. 75 year is a big testament to it, and each time it gets bigger. Period!!!

Pakistan has the better bowling unit than India. The last match they won which honestly many thought they would lose, will make them favorites against India. The only thing agsiant them is that they have never beaten India in a World Cup ODI. They also buckle easily under pressure but the last match will see them go in with more confidence.

I think without Gill we have a weak opening that may expose the middle order too soon. All in all, excited to watch this. Hoping India keeps it's record against Pakistan in the world cup.
Pakistan had better bowling line up but Naseem's exit due to injury has created huge gap. Gill is a sensational addition in Indian batting line. He would be in class of Kohli or Sachin in next 5 years. If Pakistan unlike previous 7 times can handle pressure on nerves bit better with sharp fielding effort been able to avail difficult chances on critical moments...along with the decent batting performance....guess we shall have a close match.....otherwise....Just Give Rohait Sharma only 25 overs on pitch and he will smoke every hope of any opposition on his day.

It is all about money for BCCI now. In the world cup, India - Pakistan draws max crows like the NBA final, so they would like to encash it with entertainment.

But i understand your point.

The Pakistanis who were thinking "Pata nahi kya ho jaye ga team sey etc etc ", Indian Security how would it be, look at this :

writing it down as a prediction its going to be a fixed match and india will win

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom