What's new

Next Chief Of Army Staff - 2013 ?

Who will be the next Chief Of Army Staff - 2013 ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kayani will most probably stay till the mid or end of 2014. American and NATO has excellent working relationship and its very risky to change the leader in the middle of any type of ongoing operation, example is Afghan evac in progress.

Kayani will most probably stay till the mid or end of 2014. American and NATO has excellent working relationship and its very risky to change the leader in the middle of any type of ongoing operation, example is Afghan evac in progress.
sir, its enough cause, it will lead to something deadly to kiyani, who knows it that when the time comes an C130 can explode in the air too?
he has to go now?
NATO or US they hve thier say, but still they are unable to dictate PAKARMY on number of issues, this one is the top of list!

whats your take sir?

Last edited:
11-26-2013_16498_1.gif
I think it would be General Haroon Aslam @Xeric other wise it would be disaster by him again

I heard army is betting on general Tariq as he is popular in army and in good books of US. final decision obviously will come from US consent.

and also the god father aka kiyani is not out of the system just yet..
This time its not USA it would be most probably Haroon Aslam

and Tariq Khan would be the biggest disaster for the Army

Last edited:
Dunya news is reporting Nawaz just met Raheel Shareef and also Rashid Mahmood

PM Nawaz to name new army chief tomorrow

ISLAMABAD: The lingering wait for appointments to two of the most critical positions in the country’s military hierarchy is about to end with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif all set to make the much-awaited decision later this week.

While the official announcement is not expected to be made before November 28, government and military sources seem to suggest that, barring last-minute changes, Lt-Gen Rashad Mahmood, the current Chief of General Staff, is all but certain to become the country’s next army chief. Similarly, Lt Gen Haroon Aslam is expected to assume the role of Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC).

Although the government has been tight-lipped over these key appointments, a retired military officer privy to the development disclosed that Gen Ashfaq Parvaiz Kayani, who will be stepping down on November 29 after six years, proposed the names of Lt Gen Rashad as his successor and Lt Gen Aslam as CJCSC. “It is now up to the prime minister whether he accepts Kayani’s suggestion or not,” said the retired officer, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Meanwhile, reports also suggest that the government is considering rotating the post of CJCSC among the three armed forces. If the rotation policy is restored, naval chief Admiral Mohammad Asif Sandila will be given the position of CJCSC.

However, sources told The Express Tribune that the army was suggesting that the head of three armed forces should be from the army, given its strength among the three armed forces

When contacted, officials from both the government and the military were unwilling to say anything on the new appointments. However, one government source called for patience until Thursday, when the government would formally make the announcement of the new army chief.

Once the announcement is made, the new army chief will take charge of his new position at a resplendent handover ceremony at the General Headquarters in Rawalpindi.

Meanwhile, the prime minister is scheduled to host a farewell dinner for the outgoing army chief, General Kayani today (Wednesday), where he will have an opportunity to interact with the military high command. All corps commanders and senior military officials have been invited to attend the reception.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/637547/change-of-guard-pm-nawaz-to-name-new-army-chief-tomorrow/
http://tribune.com.pk/story/637547/change-of-guard-pm-nawaz-to-name-new-army-chief-tomorrow/

According to Geo TV, Prime Minister has just met with Lt Gen Rashid Mehmood, and Lt Gen Rahil Sharif, in a two separate meetings in which they discussed professional issues.......... If that's the signal for something, it's definitely a surprise for me.

New Army Chief: Two top Generals meet PM Nawaz Sharif

ISLAMABAD: Two senior Army generals held one on one meetings with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif as appointment of the new Army Chief on cards, ARY News reported on Wednesday.

The outgoing Chief of Army Staff Gen. Ashfaq Pervez Kayani will retire from his powerful military post on December 28 (tomorrow). Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is hosting a farewell dinner in the honour of Gen. Kayani tonight.

Chief of General Staff Lt. Gen. Rashid Mehmood called on Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Wednesday morning and discussed the matters of professional interest in one on one meeting, sources said. Lt. Gen. Rashid Mehmood has been second in seniority list for appointment of the new Chief of Army Staff (COAS).

Later, Lt. Gen. Raheel Sharif, who has been third in the seniority list of the Army commanders, also called on Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in one on meeting this morning.

According to sources, Lt. Gen. Rashid Mehmood and Lt. Gen. Raheel Sharif are top contenders to fill the top Pakistan military posts of the Chief of Army Staff and the Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC).

New Army Chief: Two top Generals meet PM Nawaz Sharif

Last edited:
Gen Rashid Mahmood will be the next COAS.
How do you know that are you Rashid Mahmood yourself or what ?

He is going Mr where do you get your analysis from man

How do you know that are you Rashid Mahmood yourself or what ?

He is going Mr where do you get your analysis from man

:) No I am not him.

Latest News...(ATV News headline....)

It is expected that the following will happen....
Gen Rashid Mahmood CJCSC
Gen Raheel Shareef COAS

Gen Rashid Mahmood CJCSC
Gen Raheel Shareef COAS

Politically under pressure govt by PPP and MQM. Otherwise NS is not willing to do that. Kiyani has outstanding Northern Command record and appreciated by US Gen in 2000.

Gen Rashid Mahmood CJCSC
Gen Raheel Shareef COAS
Still not clear Sir Nawaz is man of surprise he can do anything and @HAIDER Kiyani himself doesn't want extension and also first time government forced him to do

All respects for all the Lt.Gen, its a very tough and rigid journey to this point, with all being said, I would still not like to see Lt Gen Raheel Shareef as COAS.

the best combination would be
Haroon ul Islam as CJCSC
Rashid Mahmood for his CT efforts in the intelligence community.

All respects for all the Lt.Gen, its a very tough and rigid journey to this point, with all being said, I would still not like to see Lt Gen Raheel Shareef as COAS.

the best combination would be
Haroon ul Islam as CJCSC
Rashid Mahmood for his CT efforts in the intelligence community.

Forgive my ignorance sir, but can you explain a little bit why Lt Gen Raheel Sharif is not suitable for the post of COAS?? I have heard a lot about Gen Haroon Aslam, Tariq Khan but not much about Raheel Sharif, except that he is the younger brother of Maj Shabir Sharif Shaheed. Even members here are not much favoring him. Can you explain why is that??

Aik shareef nai doosrai shareef ko chun lia. :)

Forgive my ignorance sir, but can you explain a little bit why Lt Gen Raheel Sharif is not suitable for the post of COAS?? I have heard a lot about Gen Haroon Aslam, Tariq Khan but not much about Raheel Sharif, except that he is the younger brother of Maj Shabir Sharif Shaheed. Even members here are not much favoring him. Can you explain why is that??

I Think General Tariq Khan COAS and General Raheel Sharif CJCSC is and excellent combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom