What's new

Next Chief Of Army Staff - 2013 ?

Who will be the next Chief Of Army Staff - 2013 ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish its Tariq Khan ! :)

Tariq Khan is one of those who you don't see in Pak Army very often. 'A real tough guy', however, there are some pros and cons to this as well.

Obviously due to his experience, you can tell he can take down terrorists. I mean the most notable Bajur Operation was his lead and i don't think anyone can have any doubt in his capabilities.

Lets be precise and not take general headlines into confidence for a moment. After all not every human being is 'perfect'.

General (R) Masood says that besides Commanding, you need to have Diplomatic skills to negotiate with NATO and other Western counterparts. This will be particularly important when we have to deal with Afghans. Recalling the fact that he (Tariq) was once a trainee in the U.S, the question of 'loyalty' should (in my view) arise. We have seen these things in the past as well. Musharraf was literally a lapdog of the U.S and fighting war against terrorism was a policy which was foreign influenced. As historical facts are to be taken into consideration, the people of Pakistan were right on their part to oppose this. As we speak, none of the 9/11 hijackers were from Pakistan. We certainly don't want another blunder in the up coming years therefore a choice of a person with 'best' capabilities in commanding and diplomatic skills is absolutley necessary.

There was an article published on 'next army chief' few days back, (probably posted here) in which it clearly mentioned an instance where he (Tariq) was a critique of Kayani in Core Commander meetings when it came to dealing with the Civilian Government. This is an issue for the Nawaz Government who most definitely has take into consideration of the one who is loyal to democratic norms. If they have knowledge of this whole background then you can wave your beloved Tariq Khan Khudafiz.

I like the concept of having both the Army Chief and the Chariman Joint Chief of Staff. It is a safe play. I would personally put the fighting General Haroon Aslam as CoS and the quiet diplomatic General Rashid Mehmood as CJCoS. Seniority is the way to go. Unlike Musharraf and Zia, they have moved up due to merit and they created their image due to course of actions favorable to Pakistani Public.

Last edited:
I've heard wonders about Lt. Gen. Tariq Khan, he seems to be the best man for the job!

Apparently, it has been decided that the next COAS will be Gen Rashid, the current CGS.

I've heard wonders about Lt. Gen. Tariq Khan, he seems to be the best man for the job!
same here, even the biggest critics have said words of praise for him

Looks like NS is afraid and will return back once new "Sharif" Chief is settled

Haven't you read the interview I did with an Army officer who was a part of the operations in KPK? It's stated over there as well.

Basically, he's a blunt, straightforward man. He likes to be with his men on the frontlines. In planning he involves the opinions of all levels of command. He's also very pro-Pakistani, literally! He was behind getting NATO supplies suspended after NATO forces attacked the Pakistani soldiers and the US had to launch and investigation and issue an apology. Where else would you find such a guy? He did this while he was fighting the Talibs!
Share with us?

labs.tribune.com.pk+four-kings+profile-ha.html+v%253D2.jpg

http://labs.tribune.com.pk/four-kings/profile-rm.html?v=2

http://labs.tribune.com.pk/four-kings/profile-rs.html?v=2

Last edited:
Just shut up CENTCOM.. Unfortunately ppl here on this forum are not the govt of Pak...hence we are least bothered abt what u say..Nor do we take ur words seriously....U surely want to build a relationship of mutual trust, and improve cooperation with Pakistan by increasing drone theatre in Pak and start drones in Hangu- KPK province of Pak. ... Yea, we believe u ...right...so plzz keep these words to yourself.. Dont waste yours and our time.. We dont need to waste our time reading your useless posts..
But apparently you did "waste" your time in reading his post.....

Looks like General Rashid or Raheel Sharif are amongst the final contenders. General Haroon Aslam is sure for CJCSC
1102023469-1.gif

Last edited:
No chance of General Haroon and General Tariq becoming army chief. Ganjai mian would prefer someone who is "shareef" like him and won't create any troubles for his govt for the next few years.

It doesn't matter if Pakistan needs General Haroon or General Tariq due to their experience in fight against militants and extremists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom