What's new

Most Fascinating Interview That I Have Watched

Hi,

As I have written over a decade and a half ago, if pakistan would have spent more time in understanding the american mindset within the first 3 days after 9/11 happened, things would have been different.

The price the pakistanis are paying is for a lack of comprehension at what was at stake at that time.

Even though the information was available and becoming available on LIVE NEWS CASTS, pakistani intelligentia, the generals, the isi the govt had no understanding how to decipher it.

American mindset of think on the fly, stop on a dime, change direction mid-stride, re-start as if nothing happened prior to that had the Pakistani mindset boggled---.

Actually they just simple were not able to comprehend what was coming.

Pakistanis fooled themselves for 11 years after 9/11---getting mired into keep asking the question, it was an inside job, they did it themselves, it was explosives etc etc etc and that mindset stop pakistanis from stopping the menace that was to come into pakistan.

The General has talked nothing new that I have not talked over and over 15 + years ago on this very forum.

It has taken 20 years for the pakistanis just to start to understand what was happening and still the majority has no understanding to the events at all.

He have to cover multiple items in short time, unlike other anchors, he always have a more serious and genuine question or point of discussion after the interruption he causes. That's what I have experienced in his interviews.
I am talking about interruptions when he is trying to put his own analysis in the middle of the interview or jumping to conclusions before the answer is complete. Of course, he is light years ahead of most other anchors.

Hi,

As I have written over a decade and a half ago, if pakistan would have spent more time in understanding the american mindset within the first 3 days after 9/11 happened, things would have been different.

The price the pakistanis are paying is for a lack of comprehension at what was at stake at that time.

Even though the information was available and becoming available on LIVE NEWS CASTS, pakistani intelligentia, the generals, the isi the govt had no understanding how to decipher it.

American mindset of think on the fly, stop on a dime, change direction mid-stride, re-start as if nothing happened prior to that had the Pakistani mindset boggled---.

Actually they just simple were not able to comprehend what was coming.

Pakistanis fooled themselves for 11 years after 9/11---getting mired into keep asking the question, it was an inside job, they did it themselves, it was explosives etc etc etc and that mindset stop pakistanis from stopping the menace that was to come into pakistan.

The General has talked nothing new that I have not talked over and over 15 + years ago on this very forum.

It has taken 20 years for the pakistanis just to start to understand what was happening and still the majority has no understanding to the events at all.

what could we have done ? And what should we do now ?

America abandoned its strategic ally India in Afghanistan?

Gen. Tariq Khan, ex Head Pakistan's Central Command and Frontier Corps that defeated Pakistani Taliban (TTP) in a provocative interview with Dr. Moeed Pirzada (Editor GVS) explains how Washington has abandoned its ally India and its proxy Kabul regime in another shift of US politics. But he busts the myth of Afghan invincibility pointing out how both Sikhs under Maharaja Ranjit Singh and British had repeatedly defeated and humbled the rulers of Kabul. Highly informative discussion. Must watch for students of International Relations, Politics and aspirants of competitive exams like CSS, IAS and PAS.

@ghazi52 @araz @The Eagle @The Accountant @That Guy @Irfan Baloch @PanzerKiel @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Imran Khan @PAKISTANFOREVER @waz @Windjammer @WinterFangs @KaiserX @niaz @farok84 @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @MastanKhan @krash @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Cookie Monster @Bratva @VCheng @Foxtrot Alpha @Rafael @Rafi @Trango Towers @TNT @Indus Pakistan @Falcon26 @Norwegian @LeGenD @Iltutmish @notorious_eagle @Akh1112 @mingle @Dazzler @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Tipu7 @Hodor @Horus @Ark_Angel @SQ8 @Goenitz @messiach @TaimiKhan

The guy is an apologist for the Taliban. It is no surprise that he is a Pakistani general. He says the Taliban lost control of the country and allowed Osama Bin Laden in. I do not know who is he bullshiting

The US has an opportunity to collaborate with the future Afghan government for the extraction of natural resources in Afghanistan, will and should the United States take this opportunity? China has already set its eyes on those minerals and rare Earth materials. To me this is the best way for the USA to build its influence in Central Asia.

Is there a viable economic case to be made for the fabled mineral resources of Afghanistan, other than claims, for either USA or China? Not really.

Is there a viable economic case to be made for the fabled mineral resources of Afghanistan, other than claims, for either USA or China? Not really.

Correct.
The mineral 'potentials' of Afghanistan AND Baluchistan have been talked about for ever. Perfect fodder for conspiracy theorists! I remember a Times (the magazine) archived article from I think about the early 1950s where the huge potentials for Baluchistan's fabled resources was being mentioned in dismissive way.

There are probably something of value buried in those and other places on our planet. But if they are not being found after decades of hype then either they are not easy to find or they don't exist!

Correct.
The mineral 'potentials' of Afghanistan AND Baluchistan have been talked about for ever. Perfect fodder for conspiracy theorists! I remember a Times (the magazine) archived article from I think about the early 1950s where the huge potentials for Baluchistan's fabled resources was being mentioned in dismissive way.

There are probably something of value buried in those and other places on our planet. But if they are not being found after decades of hype then either they are not easy to find or they don't exist!

Finding something of value is insufficient. Being able to make a business case where it makes economic sense to exploit whatever it is of value is the key.

You gotta love the non-chalant way the interview lays out the rationale for Afghanistan's mineral wealth as something that is one of the important goals. Nope!

( I won't even go into the fantasy of the KKH as a backup for Malacca. :D )

Finding something of value is insufficient. Being able to make a business case where it makes economic sense to exploit whatever it is of value is the key.

You gotta love the non-chalant way the interview lays out the rationale for Afghanistan's mineral wealth as something that is one of the important goals. Nope!

( I won't even go into the fantasy of the KKH as a backup for Malacca. :D )
Pakistani generals do have a history of overplaying mineral deposits, I believe it was one from the navy who coaxed the Prime Minister into our off shore oil reserves that were going to pay off all our debt and make us rich.

Pakistani generals do have a history of overplaying mineral deposits,

... and not just about minerals deposits, but much more besides. But why go off-topic? :D

Let us just dream on with our national delusions, as the current interview also shows. It is much more comfortable that way for everyone.

@FuturePAF
Gen Tariq said the same.. that allow US to operate Pasni as a competitor... listen, till he says that it "it affects everybody" :)
I think it is best as India will not attack US interest in Pakistan
He also says afghna are bad soldiers (different perspective)

You can watch whole, it is a very interesting insight on current and future..

Gen's views on tribes
"We are operating amongst my own people, they are a mass of contradiction, they are murderers in their hearts, with poetry on their lips, with a brand new rifle followed by their old wife

They change a rifle but they won’t change their wives

They love music but hold musicians in contempt

They love fighting but they make very bad soldiers"
word to word correct, i would say..

Those are mostly words of wali khan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom