What's new

Lahore women college bans jeans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when Indian become custodian of anything???? I would like to know?

Nonetheless beside all these worthless arguments by Indian members about individual freedom BS was there any mass protest about implementing this good policy by either female students or parents. I don't think so because I didn't see it in any pak news so therefor it's a policy that already accepted by majority. Case closed...

I understand Indian encourage "NANGA-PAN" in the name of liberal or individual freedom and also through Hindu religion. It's visible in their unholy "Mandir" as it is filled with naked Statues of their goddess (Nauzubillah). So therefor I think we know better when comes to implement our own culture. I am sorry but I got fed up.

The liberalis, the individual freedom and the nanga pan of the mandirs are a thousand times better than the 'pure islamist' Taliban slitting the throats of other muslims , or stoning to death of 'immoral' women, all in the name of pure islam!
Yes, your 'culture' is better ( I assume Bangladeshi culture) , I assume it will get even better when a cultured person straps on a 'khudkush jacket' and blows up an unholy Mandir, naked statues et all .

"O 'KC' girls, O 'KC' girls, wherefore art thou O 'KC' girls!"

(Shakespeare must be turning in his grave with this bastardisation but couldn't help myself! But then how are mandirs and suicide bombers and everything in between [which is below the belt and highly offensive] related to this — :argh:)

SO GUYS (and I am screaming here), GIVE IT A BREAK! :angry:

Female teachers, students warned to wear veil

My appology if this news did not belonged in this section, i thought this is some how related.

Peshawari girls preparing to leave their house. Men too have been warned by militants to wear caps when leaving the house. –Reuters Photo

PESHAWAR: Suspected militants have warned female teachers and students in Peshawar to wear a veil and accompany male members of their families while going schools, or face action.

A resident of the Achini village (upper), who asked not to be named, told Dawn that suspected militants had sent threatening letters more than once to the people of the area asking them to spend one year with a Tablighi Jamaat but the residents had said they were poor and had to work to earn livelihood for their families.

‘They again contacted the people, especially the well-off, to pay donations to them from Rs50,000 to Rs100,000 and had collected huge amounts from the people,’ a source said.

During their visit to the Government Girls’ Primary School in Achini on Wednesday, armed men, who were about one dozen in number, asked the women to wear a veil, the source said.

He said the militants also warned men in the area to wear caps, or face action.

‘They also fired on a boy who was not wearing cap and tried to flee, but he luckily escaped,’ he said.

The source said the female teachers had informed higher officials of the education department about the incident and said they would not attend to their duties in such uncertain situation. The teachers, he said, had demanded protection.

The Sarband police station, when contacted for their version on the issue, could not give a satisfactory reply and said police personnel were doing their duties well.

An official said the Achini village was close to the Bara tehsil of the Khyber Agency and militants were openly roaming in that area, but were not entering Peshawar.

My appology if this news did not belonged in this section, i thought this is some how related.

Peshawari girls preparing to leave their house. Men too have been warned by militants to wear caps when leaving the house. –Reuters Photo

PESHAWAR: Suspected militants have warned female teachers and students in Peshawar to wear a veil and accompany male members of their families while going schools, or face action.

A resident of the Achini village (upper), who asked not to be named, told Dawn that suspected militants had sent threatening letters more than once to the people of the area asking them to spend one year with a Tablighi Jamaat but the residents had said they were poor and had to work to earn livelihood for their families.

‘They again contacted the people, especially the well-off, to pay donations to them from Rs50,000 to Rs100,000 and had collected huge amounts from the people,’ a source said.

During their visit to the Government Girls’ Primary School in Achini on Wednesday, armed men, who were about one dozen in number, asked the women to wear a veil, the source said.

He said the militants also warned men in the area to wear caps, or face action.

‘They also fired on a boy who was not wearing cap and tried to flee, but he luckily escaped,’ he said.

The source said the female teachers had informed higher officials of the education department about the incident and said they would not attend to their duties in such uncertain situation. The teachers, he said, had demanded protection.

The Sarband police station, when contacted for their version on the issue, could not give a satisfactory reply and said police personnel were doing their duties well.

An official said the Achini village was close to the Bara tehsil of the Khyber Agency and militants were openly roaming in that area, but were not entering Peshawar.

Now this is turning ugly. But I am sure no Pakistani cares about it. So I will not as well.

What's wrong with picture and what are you trying to prove. May be she doesn't wish to seen my men. Why are you guys so scared of Burka or hijab?

The liberalis, the individual freedom and the nanga pan of the mandirs are a thousand times better than the 'pure islamist' Taliban slitting the throats of other muslims , or stoning to death of 'immoral' women, all in the name of pure islam!

You are mixing up paganism with purity of Islam. Extreme left and extreme rite already rejected by Islam however no room for so called semi nudic society in the name of liberal or art.

Yes, your 'culture' is better ( I assume Bangladeshi culture)

It's not better or worst but ours work for us whereas your doesn't and vice-versa.........

wow very good step..really hate when girls wear jeans only for pomp and show

what is the hell with u non muslims......

PLZ LLOK AT YOUR OWN RELIGION FIRST AND THEN OF OTHERS

CARE FOR YOUR OWN WOMENS NOT OF OTHERS

FOR GOD SAKE LEAVE US WE ARE HAPPY

South India is another example where women and girls are not familiar with Jeans due to same mentality which taliban are forcing on us here. The same mentality prevails in South India too.

Look I dont have any issues against KC's imposition, yes they can have whatever rules they want, even if it is Taliban who reminded them about the rules, ultimately its the students' choice to object such a regulation. I don't even care that some women want to cover themselves up in a cocoon and/or to not use their rights to freedom(as if they have a lot of that to speak of).

But about the above quote, many people here seem to see South India is a whole different place than 'other India' whatever that may mean.
In fact South India is the most developed part of India with healthy literacy rates, fertility rates and crime control. I don't see any reason that you should think South India is more conservative that the rest of India.
The southern cities are the ones with most freedom, no Shiv Sena roams around in Hyderabad, Bangalore or Chennai like in Mumbai.
It is ridiculous to think that South Indians are not familiar with Jeans.:crazy:
You should come to Bangalore or Hyderabad once.

Yeah you might rant about Mangalore but come on, how many of us heard about Ram Sene before that happened? And did people stop going to pubs after that happened? The very fact that a tier III city has a pub explains a lot. I bet the daughter of Ram Sene's chief, if he had one, had done the exact same thing behind his back.

South India has more individual freedom than anywhere else, except perhaps Kolkatta. Mumbai and North India is probably the worst in this regard, the only shining exception is Delhi, and that too is because it's the capital. The Delhi Government won't allow lunatics to roam free in Delhi like the Maharashtrian government does in Mumbai (Shiv Sena/MNS).

However, about a dress code been enforced. There is no way that would happen in colleges in India - the only case i've ever heard happened in Chennai which was withdrawn after protest - all student unions are against dress codes, even the right-wing ABVP (student wing of BJP) because they know that if they do support the dress code, they won't win the next student elections. Moral policing isn't really a popular thing as people would like to believe.

South India has more individual freedom than anywhere else, except perhaps Kolkatta. Mumbai and North India is probably the worst in this regard, the only shining exception is Delhi, and that too is because it's the capital. The Delhi Government won't allow lunatics to roam free in Delhi like the Maharashtrian government does in Mumbai (Shiv Sena/MNS).

I am a South Indian (Telugu) but I love Mumbai.
How is Mumbai worst in this regard tell me?

Shiv Sena V-day protests and MNS/Shiv Sena beating up north Indians comes to mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom