What's new

Lahore women college bans jeans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabbar

Reaction score

LAHOREl A prominent college for women in Lahore, Pakistan has barred students from wearing jeans or figure-hugging clothes in the wake of a reported
terrorist threat.

Kinnaird College, which is among Lahore's oldest educational institutions, has imposed the strict dress code according to which students can attend classes in shalwar kameezes or loose trousers.

Wearing a dupatta has also been made mandatory. The college's Vice Principal Nikhat Khan told the Daily Times newspaper that the measures were in line with a government notification and had no connection with rumours about burqa-clad women issuing warnings to students.

Khan said jeans and tight dresses were banned at the college several years ago but the new principal was unaware of the ban and girls were using this to their advantage.

However, students said there was an "atmosphere of fear" after the introduction of the rules.
Lahore women college bans jeans - Pakistan - World - The Times of India

Last edited:
No mention of it on their website or the students' forum....

The link to the story on DT's website

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

KC Lahore imposes ban on jeans after alleged threats

LAHORE: The Kinnaird College (KC) administration has banned the students from wearing jeans or other tight dresses in the wake of possible terrorist threats. The college has imposed a strict dress code that only allows students to wear Eastern dresses such as shalwar qameez or loose trousers. Dupatas have been made mandatory. KC Vice Principal Nikhat Khan told Daily Times the measures were in line with a government notification, and had no connection with rumours about burqa-clad women issuing warnings to students. She said jeans and tight dresses were banned on college premises since years but the new principal was unaware of the ban and girls were using this to their advantage. Students reported an atmosphere of fear after the introduction of rules that barred students from wearing dresses of their choice. afnan khan

so is this a bad thing....?? i guess alot of muslim countries have rules like these in the UAE...alot of colleges have rules where women cannot wear skimpy clothes....do clothes signify so much is it really such a big deal....like i once posted an article saying in ITALY there is a rule that if a woman is wearing JEANS and claims to be raped the case is thrown out of court....because supposedly...."JEANS IS HARD TO TAKE OFF INORDER TO RAPE".....if italianscan come up with such absurd theories why are pakistanis supposed to be extremists...and UAE also has cities where "CO EDUCATION" is banned....

now before you come at me its just a question...do clothes really make such a diffrence...and if they do where do you draw the line....can someone come to college or school in undergarments....??? or can someone really go to school wearing jeans...and not the school uniform(notice the word SCHOOL)???

i don't really like women wearing jeans
but if the school develops their own uniform that's their action
dress codes are quite common around the world
stop trying to instigate on it

so is this a bad thing....?? i guess alot of muslim countries have rules like these in the UAE...alot of colleges have rules where women cannot wear skimpy clothes....do clothes signify so much is it really such a big deal....like i once posted an article saying in ITALY there is a rule that if a woman is wearing JEANS and claims to be raped the case is thrown out of court....because supposedly...."JEANS IS HARD TO TAKE OFF INORDER TO RAPE".....if italianscan come up with such absurd theories why are pakistanis supposed to be extremists...and UAE also has cities where "CO EDUCATION" is banned....

now before you come at me its just a question...do clothes really make such a diffrence...and if they do where do you draw the line....can someone come to college or school in undergarments....??? or can someone really go to school wearing jeans...and not the school uniform(notice the word SCHOOL)???

Stop spreading lies, its no rule in italy, there was a contention made by a judge and that decision has been reversed, and its anyways not relevant here.

Uniform is college's pregorative. having to change it due to threats from terrorists is shameful. learn to differentiate before just supporting terrorism in all forms and shapes.

Reactions: S-2
Zob:
so is this a bad thing....??

I dont think any poster have said that this is a bad thing, at least not yet.

Captain03:
stop trying to instigate on it

Instigate what?

But they changed that due to terrotist threat, now is this a bad thing becuase ordinaryPakistanies have to change thier lives due to threat from within or is it a good thing that Pakistanies are adapting to what situation requires or merely authorities are forcing a law that was already there?

Not need to get agitated !!!

Last edited:

I failed to see how your Italian theory is relevent to this story!!!:what:

Many schools impose strict dress codes. I can't speak to the terrorist threats but there's no issue with a school imposing a dress code.

If the government were to impose such a dress code on women across Pakistan, that would be something worthy of a discussion (and a silly decision, in my opinion).

Stop spreading lies, its no rule in italy, there was a contention made by a judge and that decision has been reversed, and its anyways not relevant here.

Uniform is college's pregorative. having to change it due to threats from terrorists is shameful. learn to differentiate before just supporting terrorism in all forms and shapes.

well can the same be said for a ordinary Hindu, they they are a terrorist??

When a muslim chose not to, slaughter cows on eid, just cuz they are scared.

Its security measures there is nothing wrong with it. It's not a big deal so calm down.

LAHOREl A prominent college for women in Lahore, Pakistan has barred students from wearing jeans or figure-hugging clothes in the wake of a reported

Good job Lahore college. This should have been done long ago. Muslim women don't need to dress like western women and it's strongly discharged by Islam...........:enjoy:

Good job Lahore college. This should have been done long ago. Muslim women don't need to dress like western women and it's strongly discharged by Islam...........:enjoy:

It's simple case of bow against terrorism and depriving citizens from what they deserve. Banning jeans is just a symbolic thing and it made it clear that things will go worse in near future.

I fail to how Muslim/ Islam is linked to it. I've have no idea if there is specific dress code specified by any of by Islam, pls. enlighten us?

Well then our so called ediot mullahs haven't seen Libya or Jordan the women wear very stylish cloths. for example

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand what is the issue as long as their bodies are covered.
Is their similar ban on boys wearing jeans anywhere else in the country?

Last edited:
I don't understand what is the issue as long as their bodies are covered.
Is their similar ban on boys wearing jeans anywhere else in the country?

See Post#8:
But they changed that due to terrotist threat, now is this a bad thing becuase ordinaryPakistanies have to change thier lives due to threat from within or is it a good thing that Pakistanies are adapting to what situation requires or merely authorities are forcing a law that was already there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom