What's new

Indigenous Shahed-216 attack Helicopter Project revealed for first time

It should fly soon or has already flown. I'm quite sure its the Shahed-216 which is visible at the IRGC SSJ workshops in Shiraz on current google earth imagery. :)

It should fly soon or has already flown. I'm quite sure its the Shahed-216 which is visible at the IRGC SSJ workshops in Shiraz on current google earth imagery. :)

Could you post this google earth image? Thanks.

6 hardpoints,reality or wishful thinking?
I really hope iranian aviation prosperous but atm it is not just happening it is because of the sanctions etc?
All i saw on this page was Bell 212,206 and AH-1 iranian versions or am i wrong?

Iranian version of AH-1 is called toophan, this thread is about an indigenous helicopter called shahed-216.

We can't always be playing catchup!!

This is what new Iranian Helos will have to go up against!!

It's basically large gyroplane! Iran can easily build something similar in an attack role where speed & range = life and death!!!

It's even faster the U.S. counter rotating version!!!

We can't always be playing catchup!!

This is what new Iranian Helos will have to go up against!!

It's basically large gyroplane! Iran can easily build something similar in an attack role where speed & range = life and death!!!

It's even faster the U.S. counter rotating version!!!
Ahh yes,the good old convertiplane/compound helo sadly despite the years of work and myriad designs the only one that went into service was the osprey.My personal favorite was the fairy rotodyne with tip jet rotors+turbo-props
Theres also the neat little ducted fan Doak

Ahh yes,the good old convertiplane/compound helo sadly despite the years of work and myriad designs the only one that went into service was the osprey.My personal favorite was the fairy rotodyne with tip jet rotors+turbo-props
Theres also the neat little ducted fan Doak

With modern automated flight control systems, lighter materials and engines building such aircraft will be the future and modern versions of aircrafts like 16H pathfinder and the aircrafts above will be making a comeback in some shape or form and that's what Iran should be looking towards because the helo's of the future will be cruising at speed far greater than Attack Helo's of today with well over double the combat radius.

You can view and find it on your own (I have no means to do so at the moment).

Look for the Shiraz airbase in south eastern Shiraz. Then look for the south eastern part of the base where the IRGC has set up its SSJ and local airbase.

On the tarmac you can see a large Mil like helicopter being tested there since 2015. But the best indication is at the several large SSJ warehouses against south east of he IRGC part of the base. At one of the warehoused, the most south west one a large helicopter can be seen at the gates.

You can view and find it on your own (I have no means to do so at the moment).

Look for the Shiraz airbase in south eastern Shiraz. Then look for the south eastern part of the base where the IRGC has set up its SSJ and local airbase.

On the tarmac you can see a large Mil like helicopter being tested there since 2015. But the best indication is at the several large SSJ warehouses against south east of he IRGC part of the base. At one of the warehoused, the most south west one a large helicopter can be seen at the gates.

I believe I have found it, strangely there are lots of boats there!

It has 5 rotors instead of previously claimed 4, as you said there is also a mil like helicopter nearby.

I have the google earth snap on my PC but due to Hefazat Etelaat, I won't share it.

Last edited:
I believe I have found it, strangely there are lots of boats there!

It has 5 rotors instead of previously claimed 4, as you said there is also a mil like helicopter nearby.

I have the google earth snap on my PC but due to Hefazat Etelaat, I won't share it.

you canshare the pic, if its not hidden by IRGC and outside of the hangar and also visible on Google earth, than its not a secret anymore ;)

Who guarantee this is Shahed-216 and not an Mil? Noone can say in this resolution, sorry

15cec0g.jpg

you canshare the pic, if its not hidden by IRGC and outside of the hangar and also visible on Google earth, than its not a secret anymore ;)

Who guarantee this is Shahed-216 and not an Mil? Noone can say in this resolution, sorry

15cec0g.jpg

Looks like an IRGC Navy Mil-171Sh. Note the blue camo, 5 bladed rotors, and position of horizontal stabilizer (at least, I think it's called that).
1819977.jpg

Back
Top Bottom